No really, study history. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No really, study history.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:44 PM on j-body.org
1930's Germany anyone?

watch and read.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Re: No really, study history.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:23 PM on j-body.org
How is that anything like the SS or Gestapo at all? Seriously?

Do explain.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:38 PM on j-body.org
If anything they should make all citizens when they turn and graduate school join the military for a minimum of 1 year. If your 18 and don't get a diploma it should be 6 years. Just my opinion.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:41 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:If anything they should make all citizens when they turn and graduate school join the military for a minimum of 1 year. If your 18 and don't get a diploma it should be 6 years. Just my opinion.

Which goes against our entire countries philosophy. A volunteer military is what makes us a free country....among other things.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Yeah I see your point, but i think it would do allot to curb the "I am entitled" attitude of the younger generations. Not to mention the total lack of self discipline and respect they seem to have for anyone they come in contact with. Damn youngsters, now I sound like my Dad. I think if I would have been forced into the military out of school it would have made a lasting positive impact on my life.

On another note we will never truly be "free" anyway. As an example I give you victimless crime.

Israel has forced military service and they are a "free" democracy.

Like I said before it's just my crazy .02.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:09 PM on j-body.org
It would do the complete opposite. You take those people they get hurt or "traumitised" and then they will think they are entitled by their government till they die.

Like Joey said volunteer army is one of the points of our country being "free" (yeah right that is dying by the day)
As well it only extends the time people won't give a @!#$ because they are taken care of. I mean really reality doesn't set in until after High school and only after you are truly on your own. I know personally since I am in college then got thrown on my own and said oh wow there is a lot I haven't taken into account.
So extending the time that people know their life is planned for them doesn't make them any more independent. I know the military can be a strong and good thing for people it is an option for me after school but it doesn't always get the best results and will not make the youth of this country truly mature.

Oh and this is very like the gustapo and the german wolf thing that happened. It was called something like that basically the Nazi youth. Forcing citizens to do something for the government is against our Bill of Rights and Constitution. (paying taxes goes in there as well).

I am not too worried about this because it is kinda over the edge and I don't think the senate will go with it. But hey things that should never have happened and been done have in the last 6 months so I guess we will see.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:35 PM on j-body.org
Is it just me or does anyone else think if this bill passes it should be the last straw for Obama and the government? Terrorists!!

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:36 PM on j-body.org
^ it should've been the last straw when he promised to send $900,000,000 to Gaza, starting a mandatory militia is just the next step.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:16 AM on j-body.org
Why do I suspect that the people saying it's wrong would be all for it had Conservatives suggested the EXACT SAME THING?

No offense, but come on... a lot of conservative people think kids should be forced into the military for a year (me included) as part of their schooling. So I don't see what the objection is apart from hatred of anything and everything that the Obama administration says.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:19 AM on j-body.org
I do not feel that there should be a forced service. Those that feel the armed forces is a good place for them to be sign up. I did not feel it was where I belonged. If my work situation and schooling had been different when I got out of high school I may very well have ended up in the military. I do sometimes wonder how much different I would be if I had been in the service. However I do not feel as though I turned out to bad even though I never served.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Don't force it on them....just make it a pre-req for govt student loans/grants etc. ( no interest of course ) 2 years minimum service. Seriously, about govt grants....you should be put on mandatory hwy cleanup duty. No one should just be handed money to go to college, unless it is a privately funded scholarship, or mom +dad.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search