Legalize it? Decriminalize it? Do as we please. - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Legalize it? Decriminalize it? Do as we please.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:57 PM on j-body.org
It wasn't my fault. I was stopped at a red light, and that guy ran straight into my car. The oil exec in the BMW behind me is my witness.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:25 PM on j-body.org
rolflmao....now that I've stopped laughing.....

mj isn't a gateway drug.....if anything is then its alcohol.... now first off, I don't smoke, I don't drink. I"ve never been high before in my life because its illegal.... if pot were legal would I try it... yep....well.... IDK...maybe....
I've seen first hand at different reactions to pot....I have a buddy that works harder and more effecient (sp) at his job while he's "in check" (and only he knows when he's had enough)...and this dude runs a chainsaw for a living.... on the other hand I have a cousin that takes in 12 oz of beer and has no business walking.... my other cousin though, the more he drinks the better he plays guitar....and he's one hell of a guitarist.....(not many people can drink, and immitate Angus Young and play almost as good as him....lol)...

imo, I think it should be legal so people can choose to do it or not. we're all affected by different drugs/chemicals differently.....

lets take obesisity (sp) for example....or even high cholesterol..... if a man chooses to eat hamburgers 7 days a week, he's gonna be dead by 50...... there's not laws against overeating...which if the government really cared about us then there would (and I feel so sorry for my neighbors aveo.... these people are 300+ lbs... when they pile in this poor little car, it looks bagged....lol....)...but guess what, the government don't care....all they care about is their money, and how much more their gonna get...so yeah, it would make sense for them to legalize it imo...

and any tree huggers come on my property I'm not disgracing my car with their tie die..... I've gotta 12 gauge named remedy for that...lol.....

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:36 PM on j-body.org
Red wrote:lets take obesisity (sp) for example....or even high cholesterol..... if a man chooses to eat hamburgers 7 days a week, he's gonna be dead by 50...... there's not laws against overeating...which if the government really cared about us then there would ..but guess what, the government don't care...

Why would anyone want the govt. to have laws about how much you can eat? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

Free will, not govt. rations. If that person eating burgers everyday dies, it was his free will and he should accept the consequences. Not ask the govt. to tell him how he should eat or live his life, and also not have his family sue the burger place for him having no self control and being a big fat bastard.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
Red wrote:there's not laws against overeating...which if the government really cared about us then there would...

Why would anyone want the govt. to have laws about how much you can eat? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

The sad thing is that if they get universal health care, that sh!t is next.

Red, read the quote in my sig, and consider it carefully. I suspect once you really think about it, you'll want to retract that statement.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:44 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
J03Y wrote:
Red wrote:there's not laws against overeating...which if the government really cared about us then there would...

The sad thing is that if they get universal health care, that sh!t is next.

Red, read the quote in my sig, and consider it carefully. I suspect once you really think about it, you'll want to retract that statement.

I was going to go on a tangent about that in my post, but would rather not hear about how I'm some black hellicopter freak thinking that could happen like in previous discussions.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:46 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
Red wrote:lets take obesisity (sp) for example....or even high cholesterol..... if a man chooses to eat hamburgers 7 days a week, he's gonna be dead by 50...... there's not laws against overeating...which if the government really cared about us then there would ..but guess what, the government don't care...

Free will, not govt. rations. If that person eating burgers everyday dies, it was his free will and he should accept the consequences. Not ask the govt. to tell him how he should eat or live his life, and also not have his family sue the burger place for him having no self control and being a big fat bastard.

thast the bad part of our goverment. when joe schmoe does get fat and can't get his fat ass off his couch he goes on goverment assistance to pay for all his medical bills and then he sues mcdonalds and the judge awards his fat ass millions of dollars instead of calling him a dumbass glutton. and then mdonalds raises their prices to compensate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:50 PM on j-body.org
u idiot, I wasn't implying that there should be laws governing what we eat.... I'm trying to say that we have a right to choose.... and that the government doesn't care about our health....

I can't read that fast.... necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. it is arguement of tyrants. it is the creed of slaves.... is this what you're talking about?

I was just trying to use that as an example....obesity is 9 times out of 10 a result of that persons choice to and lack of control of eating....right? or overeating. obesity is the consequence of that action/choice. Same way with pot. or heroin. I'm trying to say that there are consequences to actions and that just as we have a right to choose what to eat and how to eat, we should have a right to choose to smoke pot or not.....is all I'm saying...lol..... sorry it didn't come out like that the first time around....

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:54 PM on j-body.org
Red wrote:u idiot, I wasn't implying that there should be laws governing what we eat.... I'm trying to say that we have a right to choose.... and that the government doesn't care about our health....

I can't read that fast.... necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. it is arguement of tyrants. it is the creed of slaves.... is this what you're talking about?

I was just trying to use that as an example....obesity is 9 times out of 10 a result of that persons choice to and lack of control of eating....right? or overeating. obesity is the consequence of that action/choice. Same way with pot. or heroin. I'm trying to say that there are consequences to actions and that just as we have a right to choose what to eat and how to eat, we should have a right to choose to smoke pot or not.....is all I'm saying...lol..... sorry it didn't come out like that the first time around....

First off, no need for name calling. Your wording in the first post made it sound different than what you were implying, so I apologise for not being a mind reader.

Secondly, I agree with the rest of this post.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:54 PM on j-body.org
I'm not disagreeing with yall on this...lol....seriously I'm not....

if dude dies, it is his problem....his family shouldn't be able to sue.....for millions of dollars..... I BELIEVE IN FREE WILL NOT GOVT RATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol...

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:57 PM on j-body.org
aight....

I"ll be more clear next time...

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:18 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:The oil exec in the BMW behind me is my witness.
i assume it was a lacky of George Bush senior, they'll say anything for a dollar. lol

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:23 PM on j-body.org
Red wrote:necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. it is arguement of tyrants. it is the creed of slaves.... is this what you're talking about?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

I, too, read your post and understood it as you suggesting the government should be able to regulate what we eat.
That is why I suggested considering that quote, and what it means, so you would understand why asking for more government regulations is a bad idea.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 4:09 PM on j-body.org
sorry for the misunderstanding....

I think the government does enough regulating... I was being sarcastic... I mean, take VA laws....ANYTHING aftermarket is pretty much illegal.... thankfully I have family right across the NC line.... and the line is like 10 miles away....lol....so....I can get by with my cars.....lol.....

lol... I can see where the confusion was.....but like I said, sorry for the misunderstanding..... if the govt is gonna get into regulating what we eat, then they'll stiffen up on farmers, not consumers.... they'll come and confiscate every chicken I own...lol.... which, imo, this scare with the "swine flu" and "avian influenza" a few years ago was to deter alot of people from trying to become self sufficient..... but thats just my opinion....

if you look into these diseases and outbreaks, you'll quickly find that "production farming" is to blame.... when you have 100,000 chickens in a 10,000 square foot building, you're begging for disease....I'll not hijack this thread....sorry.....

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:11 PM on j-body.org
Red wrote:sorry for the misunderstanding....I was being sarcastic...

Since you're new around here, and no one really knows you yet, you might want to indicate with an emoticon or something when you're being sarcastic.

Some other things you should know:

1) The War Forum is a place where some good fights happen. Be prepared to be pissed off, and to piss someone else off. It's just how it is.

2) There are a few around here who have nothing to contribute, but feel the need to post sarcastic one-liners, and/or try to diminish the person they are in disagreement with, in any thread they jump into. Call them on anything, and they don't respond. **cough**Rodimus**cough**Shorthand**cough** If I were to mention any names, I'm sure I would be forgetting someone.

3) Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. thinks he's better informed, and more intellectually developed than everyone else here. He generally makes a fool of himself anytime he attacks someone who can articulate a point he disagrees with. Most often his only answer to an argument is to make a personal attack. If you're up to it, have fun with him.

4) There are those of us who have intelligent debates, offering supporting arguments, and facts, on whichever side we are taking. We will get pretty pointed often enough, but can still appreciate a well articulated and supported argument.

5) Scottawhite means well, but often posts stuff that comes out wrong. This causes facepalms from those of us who agree with his position, and pulls all of the said people from #2 and #3 out of the woodwork.

6) This forum was originally started to discuss the war, and quickly turned into a Bush bashing forum. Since January, the Bush bashers seem to be offended that it's now mostly about Obama, so you will see Bush thrown into many arguments as somehow being a justification of anything going on now. It's kind of like listening to a Whitehouse press conference.

7) What happens here pretty much stays here (not in the Vegas sense, but in the sense that most of us won't hold a grudge and bring it up in other discussions). You won't usually see bickering from this forum spill out into other forums, with the occasional exception of the Off Topic forum.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:24 PM on j-body.org
thanks for the run down.....

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, I'll admit that, and please try to have an open mind about my posts.... I think I might kinda fit into the category of scottawhite, where I mean well, but things come out wrong....

I can see how it came into a bushbashing....lol....I tend to vote republican, because they mostly fit what I believe.... as I've stated earlier, my dad is a small business owner, so I can understand alot of views on topics.... his business just so happens to be furniture and this area was a furniture making beast in its day. but ever since NAFTA it has dried up and now 95% of the "working class" is abusing the welfare system. Same way with textiles....over the pas 15 years we've lost all kinds of sowing, furniture....anything manufacturing...and its not right. there's so many people around here that can work, but their only other choice for survival is welfare.....a 9.5% unemployment rate translates to 95% unemployment around here....

-Red-
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:46 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:2) There are a few around here who have nothing to contribute, but feel the need to post sarcastic one-liners, and/or try to diminish the person they are in disagreement with, in any thread they jump into. Call them on anything, and they don't respond. **cough**Rodimus**cough**Shorthand**cough** If I were to mention any names, I'm sure I would be forgetting someone.

3) Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. thinks he's better informed, and more intellectually developed than everyone else here. He generally makes a fool of himself anytime he attacks someone who can articulate a point he disagrees with. Most often his only answer to an argument is to make a personal attack. If you're up to it, have fun with him.

5) Scottawhite means well, but often posts stuff that comes out wrong. This causes facepalms from those of us who agree with his position, and pulls all of the said people from #2 and #3 out of the woodwork.font]
rofl. as it is true from what i can tell, from trolling the forum that is. unless i actually care about the matter then i dont post here, but i just peed my pants reading this.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:13 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Red wrote:sorry for the misunderstanding....I was being sarcastic...

Since you're new around here, and no one really knows you yet, you might want to indicate with an emoticon or something when you're being sarcastic.

Some other things you should know:

1) The War Forum is a place where some good fights happen. Be prepared to be pissed off, and to piss someone else off. It's just how it is.

2) There are a few around here who have nothing to contribute, but feel the need to post sarcastic one-liners, and/or try to diminish the person they are in disagreement with, in any thread they jump into. Call them on anything, and they don't respond. **cough**Rodimus**cough**Shorthand**cough** If I were to mention any names, I'm sure I would be forgetting someone.

4) There are those of us who have intelligent debates, offering supporting arguments, and facts, on whichever side we are taking. We will get pretty pointed often enough, but can still appreciate a well articulated and supported argument.

5) Scottawhite means well, but often posts stuff that comes out wrong. This causes facepalms from those of us who agree with his position, and pulls all of the said people from #2 and #3 out of the woodwork.

6) This forum was originally started to discuss the war, and quickly turned into a Bush bashing forum. Since January, the Bush bashers seem to be offended that it's now mostly about Obama, so you will see Bush thrown into many arguments as somehow being a justification of anything going on now. It's kind of like listening to a Whitehouse press conference.

7) What happens here pretty much stays here (not in the Vegas sense, but in the sense that most of us won't hold a grudge and bring it up in other discussions). You won't usually see bickering from this forum spill out into other forums, with the occasional exception of the Off Topic forum.

sticky?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:52 AM on j-body.org
no I don't think it would be sticky because it represents his opinion............

or we could vote on it....lol....

-Red-
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:54 PM on j-body.org
WTF? Did this get linked to AG or something? LOL...

Honestly I dont even know what we're arguing about anymore..... I say one thing and people take it differently than what I meant although im being pretty clear.

I dont know why people are thinking and Anti - marijuana..... All im doing is pointing out the reasons it is and trying to make the pro weed people understand the other side of the debate.... but apparently thats too complicated for most people...

I dont hate weed...

I hate whiny people that are to stupid to realize why things are the way they are...... kinda like the fat guy that cries when he had a heart attack after eating 3 quarter pounders with cheese every day..... its the same idea.

Im all for freedom of choice also..... but you better know what the consequences of your choice will be..... because if you mess up.... its your own fault..

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:19 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:WTF? Did this get linked to AG or something? LOL...

Honestly I dont even know what we're arguing about anymore..... I say one thing and people take it differently than what I meant although im being pretty clear.

I dont know why people are thinking and Anti - marijuana..... All im doing is pointing out the reasons it is and trying to make the pro weed people understand the other side of the debate.... but apparently thats too complicated for most people...

I dont hate weed...

I hate whiny people that are to stupid to realize why things are the way they are...... kinda like the fat guy that cries when he had a heart attack after eating 3 quarter pounders with cheese every day..... its the same idea.

Im all for freedom of choice also..... but you better know what the consequences of your choice will be..... because if you mess up.... its your own fault..

are you new to America? This is far from truth.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:23 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:but you better know what the consequences of your choice will be..... because if you mess up....you can sue someone else for it...

Fixed. Welcome to the sUe.S.A.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:38 PM on j-body.org
I think you miss understood what I meant there...

I was referring to breaking the law......

Friday, July 17, 2009 2:29 PM on j-body.org
I still don't understand how you can try to justify billions of dollars and thousands of lives wasted with excuses like "you can't test for impairment" and "someone on the job could get high and kill me". You might be right though that sometime along the line, those were the reasons. It's too bad that people are allowed to tell you how to live based on their personal opinions and experiences in a country that is so commonly referred to as the land of the free.

Free to the power of the people in power, maybe.

I guess I'm lucky I live in Canada and I can't go to jail for having a gram or 10 in my glove box. I think it's something like 15 grams before you can be prosecuted if my memory is correct.... still though, I would like to see it more than decriminalized or whatever they call it. I want to grow that @!#$ in my garden, lol.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:22 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^ Im not trying to Justify it....... Im trying to explain the governments accuses for justifying it.

And once you know the apposing sides mindset.... it helps you fomulate your argument...

Get what im saying?

Monday, August 03, 2009 9:22 AM on j-body.org
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search