REALLY? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: REALLY?
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:32 PM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:WHAT IS so bad about Universal Health care ? LIVING in Canada, I can say that I have no issue with it. Why does this scare you ? Please give me a LOGICAL answer ! Did I fail to mention that I waited for 5 minutes last week to see a doctor ? Do any of you have an sympathy for the millions of Americans without Health Insurance ? IS it no surprise to any of you that the best health care systems in the world are in countries that have universal health care ?

BUT ignore me, and drop the "S-Bomb" it seems to get the simpletons in a rage and on your side.

Ya, just look how it worked for the USSR!

with a Nation the size of WI.... sure, maybe....

This is of course forgetting what quick cav said.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:41 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Short Hand wrote:IS it no surprise to any of you that the best health care systems in the world are in countries that have universal health care ?

If that were true, people from your country would not come here when they can to get many types of specialty care. In spite of the rhetoric to the contrary, the US has the best quality health care in the world. The people who say otherwise are confusing the percentage of people with insurance with quality of care.

You are the first person I have talked to (or read from) from a country with socialized health care who says they are happy with it. I have heard numerious people from Canada say that it sucks. If you need any type of real care, other than a regular visit, you end up on a waiting list.

The reason these things happen is because when everything is available to everyone, the demand begins to exceed the supply. Especially in this country, where our population is ten times what it is in Canada, and then add on top of that the illegal immigration problem, and there will be a major shortage of care. The government will then be forced to ration it.

this

Friday, June 12, 2009 4:53 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:
Short Hand wrote:IS it no surprise to any of you that the best health care systems in the world are in countries that have universal health care ?

If that were true, people from your country would not come here when they can to get many types of specialty care. In spite of the rhetoric to the contrary, the US has the best quality health care in the world. The people who say otherwise are confusing the percentage of people with insurance with quality of care.

You are the first person I have talked to (or read from) from a country with socialized health care who says they are happy with it. I have heard numerious people from Canada say that it sucks. If you need any type of real care, other than a regular visit, you end up on a waiting list.

The reason these things happen is because when everything is available to everyone, the demand begins to exceed the supply. Especially in this country, where our population is ten times what it is in Canada, and then add on top of that the illegal immigration problem, and there will be a major shortage of care. The government will then be forced to ration it.

this

short yoru the first person ive ever heard say they actually like the healthcare in canada. most complain of very long waits to see a doctor, ive heard stories of having to wait a few months to see your local doctor. there is the issue that at the border cities allot of canadians coming over to recieve healthcare. Issues with canadian doctors coming to the u.s. to work, so much that i thought there was talk of making it mandatory for canadian doctors to stay in the country for at least two years after they become doctors to try and slow down the flood of doctors leaving.

as for having no sympathy for those not on health care it depends. i have sympathy for those that honestly can't afford it. i dont have sympathy for those that have cable tv. cell phones, nice cars nice clothes that dont spend the money on it and claim they can't afford it. there are allot of people in this country who can afford it, they just CHOOSE to spend their money on other things, like dvd players and wheels for their car and high dollar clothes.

another issue is i get great healthcare. what happens when its forced that everyone now has healthcare. do you think hospitals will have the resources that they have now to learn new procedures, new ways of doign things, that all cost money. they will end if everyone has healthcare, i really dont think the level of care is going to go up. it can only go down. from what it sounds like they limit the pay of doctors over there . if yoru going to cut doctors pay your going to get a lower class doctor in my opinion. me i want my doctor. do you think your going to get the same care from a doctor that makes the same as a teacher? doubt it. what is your definition of best healthcare in the world? number of patients seen? death rates? survival rates?

add on top of that, who is paying for this healthcare for everyone? we can't pay the bills the country has now. so now you want to add in cost to cover every single american? lets just print up more money for that so our dollar is worth about a penny and see how quickly we turn into a third world country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, June 12, 2009 4:55 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 12, 2009 7:46 AM on j-body.org
A family friend in Scotland spent three years going to the regular government funded doctor for the same problem. It kept getting worse and worse. Paid out of his own pocket and found out right away it was a gall bladder problem. Once again he had to pay out of his own pocket for the surgery because the regular doctors insisted that it was not needed. Amazingly after the self funded and "unneeded" surgery he got better. This is a common problem over there. Socialized health care does not work the way it is touted as working.

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:59 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i have sympathy for those that honestly can't afford it. i dont have sympathy for those that have cable tv. cell phones, nice cars nice clothes that dont spend the money on it and claim they can't afford it. there are allot of people in this country who can afford it, they just CHOOSE to spend their money on other things, like dvd players and wheels for their car and high dollar clothes.

Oh, you mean the people who have sh!t that some of the responsible people that have health insurance can't afford? This hits a major point of contention with me about the way this country is headed. It drives me insane to see someone on welfare at the local Rent-a-Center picking up 60" television sets, leather couches, and computers in their car that's decked out with a big stereo (and as stereotypical as this is going to sound, it's the truth), usually with a set of $5,000 dubs on it. Two days later you see the same people in the grocery store using food stamps. Meanwhile, the family with two working parents and paying for their health insurance is driving a basic car that's 5-10 years old, and scraping to pay their bills. Then they turn on their 19" television and listen to the liberal media and the Democrats in congress tell the bleeding heart stories about how they don't pay enough taxes. I dare anyone to tell me this does not happen more often than not in this country.
sndsgood wrote:another issue is i get great healthcare. what happens when its forced that everyone now has healthcare. do you think hospitals will have the resources that they have now to learn new procedures, new ways of doign things, that all cost money. they will end if everyone has healthcare, i really dont think the level of care is going to go up. it can only go down. from what it sounds like they limit the pay of doctors over there . if yoru going to cut doctors pay your going to get a lower class doctor in my opinion. me i want my doctor. do you think your going to get the same care from a doctor that makes the same as a teacher? doubt it. what is your definition of best healthcare in the world? number of patients seen? death rates? survival rates?

add on top of that, who is paying for this healthcare for everyone? we can't pay the bills the country has now. so now you want to add in cost to cover every single american? lets just print up more money for that so our dollar is worth about a penny and see how quickly we turn into a third world country.

More good points. No one wants to admit this, but what they are proposing will end up costing trillions, while we are already drowning in debt, and every policy they are making is causing more and more contraction in the economy, so no one is going to be able to pay the bill.

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:47 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Oh, you mean the people who have sh!t that some of the responsible people that have health insurance can't afford? This hits a major point of contention with me about the way this country is headed. It drives me insane to see someone on welfare at the local Rent-a-Center picking up 60" television sets, leather couches, and computers in their car that's decked out with a big stereo (and as stereotypical as this is going to sound, it's the truth), usually with a set of $5,000 dubs on it. Two days later you see the same people in the grocery store using food stamps. Meanwhile, the family with two working parents and paying for their health insurance is driving a basic car that's 5-10 years old, and scraping to pay their bills. Then they turn on their 19" television and listen to the liberal media and the Democrats in congress tell the bleeding heart stories about how they don't pay enough taxes. I dare anyone to tell me this does not happen more often than not in this country.

That pretty much sums up my entire childhood.... and many years of my adult life..... but replace 19" tv with 13" black and white... and 5 to 10 year old car with 20 to 30 year old car that we couldnt afford to fix if anything remotely major broke on it... we had to save for another $500 car...

I'm doing OK now as long as I can hold down this job.... and I dont even have TV and drive an 18 year old car everyday that takes daily care to keep it running and from falling apart...

My sunfire or "toy" car is 12 years old and sits in the driveway for the most part.... and I ride a 29 year old motorcycle that I would be surprised if its worth over a grand.

I have great health care for once though...

Do I want more? your damn right I do.... but Im happy to have what I do...

I agree with Quiklilcav.... I've been earning a paycheck since I was 13 and have Social security paperwork to proove it... I have worked for everything I have and have worked hard..... these people on food stamps and free health care that have wheels on therer car worth more than my 2 cars combined piss me off to no end.... I would love to see all this free money cut from them and watch them cry like little bitches....

I cant get financial aid.... because I go out and get another job to quick for me to qualify for it. I applied once when I got out of the military and my bills where piling up... and they turned me away...... screw these people.

The only real thing that sucks about my health insurance is all the damned somalians going to the ER or urgent care for every little damned thing even a cough... that can cause my rates to go up...

This government ran crap is a bad idea.... it's bad enough my taxes pay for people on unemployment that dont need to be.... I shouldnt have to pay more for basically no coverage due to government run health care.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search