Has the war forum turned into an Obama/Democrat bashing forum? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Has the war forum turned into an Obama/Democrat bashing forum?
Monday, April 06, 2009 4:42 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Right now Obama was well received in Europe, the stock market has been receiving higher stock points the last 2 weeks, housing sales started to very slightly move up in some areas, yet how many threads have we seen on these good traits?

Not because of him. The housing market bottomed out and actually started slightly turning before he was innaugurated. It had nothing to do with anything he had done. Interestingly enough, and everyone was so caught up in the glamor that they missed it, was that this was reported as he was on his doom-and-gloom tour trying to convince everyone that if the ARRA bill wasn't passed right away we would plunge into economic catastrophe.

The stock market has been rising for two reasons. One, because a few of the big banks actually reported slightly better than expected earnings for January and February. Two, because a little over a week ago, the mark-to-market accounting was relaxed, which was a provision written into the TARP bill, that they never used until now. I explained in another thread why this is effective, and I said it before it happened. Now you should also look at the market on a day-to-day basis, compared to actions taken by the congress and administration. Many times it will be on a rise, and immediately following a release of information, would turn around and end the day down.

Also, the unemployment rate has been rising at an increasing rate. This is a far better indication than two weeks of mild recovery on the stock market.

I want to see things turn around, and I'd like to see it happen quickly, but it's not going to, and the sooner people realize why, the better off we'll be.

Monday, April 06, 2009 9:42 AM on j-body.org
i find it pretty comical. bush got bashed and blamed for the sinking econemy that clinton left him and people on here were blaming bush for that on day one. now obama is getting bashed on his day one. does anyone see a path. chances are in 4 years whoever is in office will be bashed, and the next four years who ever is voted in will wait for it.......... be bashed. people blame the man on top for all their problems. whoever is in office will get bashed. don't try and act high and mighty just because the guy you finally like is in office and getting bashed. because the people that are acting all high and might now will be the same ones bashing the next guy if he isn't the one they voted for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, April 06, 2009 9:46 AM on j-body.org
the intelligence of the right wingers on here makes it not even worth reading

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 06, 2009 9:50 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:the intelligence of the right wingers on here makes it not even worth reading

says the guy who I haven't seen provide an actual rational thought or fact in any post he's ever made. go figure.

Monday, April 06, 2009 3:28 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:the intelligence of the right wingers on here makes it not even worth reading
says the guy who I haven't seen provide an actual rational thought or fact in any post he's ever made. go figure.
Seriously Joey, Rodimus posts that incredibly ironic line, and that response is the best you can come up with? I expected more from you...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, April 06, 2009 6:17 PM on j-body.org

The lack of intelligence in every one of your posts make them a waste of bandwidth. Weak snide remarks are apparently all you are capable of.

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:31 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:i find it pretty comical. bush got bashed and blamed for the sinking econemy that clinton left him and people on here were blaming bush for that on day one. now obama is getting bashed on his day one. does anyone see a path.

There is a big difference in the situations here, though:

Bush passed a small stimulus plan in 2001, which didn't have any positive effect on the economy.

Obama passed a huge stimulus plan, which really had nothing to do with stimulus, and everything to do with expanding government, and not only is it not having a positive effect, it's actually having a negative effect, and he is continuing to try to get more control over companies.

Monday, April 06, 2009 9:28 PM on j-body.org
speaking of.. watch this. this is kind of funny

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:54 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
J03Y wrote:
Seriously Joey, Rodimus posts that incredibly ironic line, and that response is the best you can come up with? I expected more from you...

Why put any effort into a retort to Rodimus? At least my reply contained fact.

Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:51 AM on j-body.org

says the guy who claims our current recession is just a conspiracy theory for companies to lay off workers they dont like.....and who also thinks that his job as a cell phone salesman is recession-proof

but all joking aside--with the exception of one or two people, the "right wingers" have presented logical arguments for their positions, backed by factual information, news links, etc. if intelligence needs to be called into question, its the "left wingers" that should be checked. you know...the ones that say "just give obama a chance!" but cant give any reason why they support printing a TRILLION dollars in money, or why obama's budget projection (also in the TRILLIONS) is an okay idea, or how they can blindly turn an eye to the freedoms that this young administration are taking away, yet in the same breath lambast bush for the patriot act.

the problem is that these people (and the millions of easily influenced) just hated bush so much that they are willing to accept ANYTHING in his stead, even if it is obviously a wolf in sheep's clothing. its sad...

Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:11 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

says the guy who claims our current recession is just a conspiracy theory for companies to lay off workers they dont like.....and who also thinks that his job as a cell phone salesman is recession-proof

but all joking aside--with the exception of one or two people, the "right wingers" have presented logical arguments for their positions, backed by factual information, news links, etc. if intelligence needs to be called into question, its the "left wingers" that should be checked. you know...the ones that say "just give obama a chance!" but cant give any reason why they support printing a TRILLION dollars in money, or why obama's budget projection (also in the TRILLIONS) is an okay idea, or how they can blindly turn an eye to the freedoms that this young administration are taking away, yet in the same breath lambast bush for the patriot act.

the problem is that these people (and the millions of easily influenced) just hated bush so much that they are willing to accept ANYTHING in his stead, even if it is obviously a wolf in sheep's clothing. its sad...

Let's not all forget that Obama voted FOR the patriot act. But Why would the left pay attention to that.......they can just keep blaming it on previous administrations.

Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:51 AM on j-body.org
as horrible as the patriot act was, it pales in comparison to what is being set up right now. yet the people who rail against bush and the patriot act seem to be ok with everything that is going on in this admin. im just not sure if thats mere hypocrisy or blatent stupidity.....

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:44 PM on j-body.org
From what I've learned from multiple forums, right wing republicans love to bitch and whine when @!#$ doesn't go their way. We have had a crumby last 8 years and from what I can tell, Obama is making more progress than bush ever did. You can't expect our economy to just fix itself overnight. You gotta spend money to make money. He hasn't been in office for 3 months. Give it some time.

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport
Check it out! --> Flickr

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:53 PM on j-body.org
Oh man!! See crap like this is what got this idiot elected anyway!

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:45 PM on j-body.org
what Obama is doing right now, is making a lot of people happy but at the same time
what Obama is doing right now is pissing a lot of people off.

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Monday, April 20, 2009 5:40 AM on j-body.org
EcoMark wrote: You gotta spend money to make money.

WHAT money is there to spend? the U.S. is BROKE. printing more only makes what little we do have more worthless than it already is. so... to sum this up:

1. we're broke
2. our money is worthless
3. printing MORE money when we don't have enough gold to back it up makes what's in your pocket more worthless
4. using taxpayer money means we're going to be broke longer

am I blaming this all on the president? no. the blame should be placed squarely on the shoulders of our elected politicians. they ALL failed us collectively.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, April 20, 2009 7:21 AM on j-body.org
Viper98912 wrote:Ever since the presidential election of Obama, it seems like the war forum has turned into a forum mostly based on Obama/democrat/government bashing. I'm not sure if it's just the same posters over and over again, with limited other viewers replying.
The President at the time and the party they are from especially if that party is the majority in congress are going to shoulder the majority of the critisim since they are the ones being scrutenized the most. This axe swings both ways. There is also tremendous concern over the country growing debt and the Presidents continued proposed spending.

Do these post have relevance? Or are some of the posters just sore losers that they have lost the legislative and executive branches?
I think many of them do have relevance. I can only speak for my motivation which is not to bash but to open peoples eyes.

Do many of the posts realize these losses, along with membership losses in the republican party, are due to the fact of bad leadership in the last few years?
I have yet to see anyone who disagrees with that.

Are some of these posters sore losers at the fact that based on presidential history, there is a good chance that Obama will be relected and that these people won't have a voice until the 2016 election?
Once again I think it is more about opening others eyes to what is going on than being a sore looser.

Are some of these posters, and republicans on the talk shows, ever going to give this guy a chance? You had your 8 years, give him a little more respect than just 2.5 months?
This comment here just makes me sick. A) They have blasted republicans MANY times before. B) From the very little bit of talk radio I do listen to, they are criticising specific actions he has taken or plans he has announced. Instant Example: The tax dodgers he wanted to appoint.

Discuss.

To me it sounds like you are unhappy that you don't see your veiwpoint being expressed or that you see an overwhelming opposing viewpoint. If that is the case speak up. Express your veiwpoint and join in an itelligent conversation.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, April 20, 2009 3:51 PM on j-body.org
EcoMark wrote:From what I've learned from multiple forums, right wing republicans love to bitch and whine when @!#$ doesn't go their way. We have had a crumby last 8 years and from what I can tell, Obama is making more progress than bush ever did. You can't expect our economy to just fix itself overnight. You gotta spend money to make money. He hasn't been in office for 3 months. Give it some time.

Don't confuse bitching with debating, and attempting to educate others as to why they need to watch out for what this administration and congressional leadership want to do. Even though they have a full majority and the Whitehouse, if enough people realize what's going on and speak out, it will be, at the very least, slowed down.

As for progress, please define it. If you mean progress toward the goal of squashing individual liberties, capitalism, and productivity, then yes, he's making tons of progress.

Nothing they are doing is going to help the economy. It's all been done before, and it didn't work. Now it's got a fresh polish on it, and people think it's something new. There is more payback to constituents, more pandering to lobbyists, and more political strategery than ever. There is nothing going on about actually fixing our economy, but everything about gaining more power for the government over everyones' lives. In case you have any doubt, the latest "economic recovery" plan to be proposed is to turn every bank debt to the government into shares, regardless of whether or not the bank wants it. This is nothing but nationalization of an entire industry, and the one industry that effects all others.

And while your "you have to spend money to make money" theory sounds all good and wonderful, and makes sense in the business world, the government has never made any money (in the sense of productivity). The only thing the government has ever done with money is take it from one place and move it to another, while wasting some of it in between. And we're talking about borrowing to fix a debt problem. Anyone who understands the concept of debt should be able to tell you how ludicrous this concept is.

Lastly, as I've said before, if it wasn't for the fact that they just keep talking about more and more spending, borrowing, printing, and power grabbing, I might be willing to give it time. However, the more time they get unchecked, the more damage they are doing. If anyone needs to give it time, it is the F&%king government. They keep passing spending bill after spending bill, and 5 days later, when the economy isn't fixed yet, they tell the American people that they have to spend more. And please, don't anyone waste the time or bandwidth posting anything about the cabinet meeting today where they are supposed to be cutting $100M from the budget. Do you realize that's less than one day's worth of interest on the "stimulus" bill? It's a very small fraction of one percent. It takes 4 decimal places to measure it. It's just a publicity stunt, and people need to realize it.

Monday, April 20, 2009 6:09 PM on j-body.org

Quiklilcav wrote:Don't confuse bitching with debating, and attempting to educate others

And this line was over the top hilarious. Totally deserves a:

Hey Tonto, educate does not mean spread bull$hit and try to brainwash people with the crap that you hear in your head.

Now to the folks that have a brain, is open minded, and doesn't have a tin foil on your head; this is for you. This will be for entertainment purpose only....
I will post this vid. This vid contains a aspect that the right wingers will never admit then they will scrutinize then bitch, moan. Then in some wicked way; excrement will start spewed from all over the place. But here is the kicker, they will come in flocks, like vultures... you know the kind that eats a dead horse. Its hilarious, yet intriguing as how the right wingers fight on this. Its like the nature channel but only on the JBO.

Get your popcorn ready folks!

In the words of the "Joker" from The Dark Knight:
"And here weeee GO!"

Vid:
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7328664

Oh-oh-oh since I don't give $hit on a respond to this, as this mostly to piss you off.

Have a nice day.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Monday, April 20, 2009 7:04 PM on j-body.org

Ok, I've kept my mouth shut during this thread to see what others' reactions would be. Yes, I obviously worded the original post in a way to get many people's attentions .

So, what do I think:

Obama and spending: I think it's a very touchy issue. There seem to be two main schools of thought on how to fix the economy: 1) do nothing and it'll fix itself, 2) do something to help it get fixed. I think both will work, way 1 will just take longer. As someone in charge, your people expect you to do something that will help the situation; that's why they put you in charge. If you sit back and do nothing, it may seem like the safe way, but it'll also seem like the lazy way. It's a double edged sword.

Republicans crying: Not here on JBO (well, maybe some), but I watch the usual Sunday stuff, and normally it is bickering back and forth between D's and R's, blaming each other. Except that right now that the R's have practically lost everything, I think they are doing higher-than-average crying and whining about everything, trying to gain any type of ground. Personally, I think it's pretty lame when you have to stoop so low because you're just that childish.

The debt: IMO after studying some economics, I find the debt debate to be a joke. If you truly think about it, we are never going to pay our national debt. Nor would we be any different if we had no debt. The debt is not that we owe money and bla bla bla bla bla, the purpose of the debt is just that other countries hold some leverage on us. China doesn't care that they hold some of our debt in the interest of money. Their interest is that they have some leverage on us for negotiation. All this debt crap is stupid - what makes a difference is what your deficit is (in vs. out) and that is the true factor on what is good/bad with your economy.

To the one that said our money is worthless: I'm sorry, but go anywhere in the world and flash American green, and they'll take it. Sure, it might not be as powerful as the Euro or the Pound, but it sure as hell has value. If not, we wouldn't be here. Oh, and about "being broke". The US is not "broke". What the hell does broke mean anyway when talking about a country? "Broke" was Germany after world war II.

Using taxpayer money to help these lame corporations: Personally, I hate it. I prefer to let some of these corporations die because they don't deserve to be here if you're that stupid. Throw the execs in jail for all I care for being stupid, and then trying to weasel out of it. But, some of these are so intertwined in the economy as a whole that a crash of them would cause a major disruption. Doing this would cause some real hard times, but then we'd be in the better in the long run. But then again comes to the first of two ideas: do you stay out of it, or do you try to do something now, to limp along and get somewhere, vs. being in ICU for a long while till it's better.

I'm sure that Obama has many people that don't like him. But I think many people realize that he has to take some drastic measures if we want him to do something now. Which is why I think people are putting up with the current measures for now. The current overall public view seems to be one of caution for Obama, while holding optimism that he is doing the right thing. At the end of Bush's term, there was a widespread overall view that people wanted him out already. A majority of the country had an unfavorable view towards him. The current "tea parties" and other crap that's going on also seems to be over-dramaticized by the media, regardless that R's for many years have blamed the media on being too liberal.

If in 3.5 years we're still in the same boat or worse, Obama is gonna have a rough time, just like Bush did in 2004, regardless if you're on the left or right.

PS - did not spell check; wrote too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:29 AM on j-body.org
Viper98912 wrote:The debt: IMO after studying some economics, I find the debt debate to be a joke. If you truly think about it, we are never going to pay our national debt. Nor would we be any different if we had no debt. The debt is not that we owe money and bla bla bla bla bla, the purpose of the debt is just that other countries hold some leverage on us. China doesn't care that they hold some of our debt in the interest of money. Their interest is that they have some leverage on us for negotiation. All this debt crap is stupid - what makes a difference is what your deficit is (in vs. out) and that is the true factor on what is good/bad with your economy.

To the one that said our money is worthless: I'm sorry, but go anywhere in the world and flash American green, and they'll take it. Sure, it might not be as powerful as the Euro or the Pound, but it sure as hell has value. If not, we wouldn't be here. Oh, and about "being broke". The US is not "broke". What the hell does broke mean anyway when talking about a country? "Broke" was Germany after world war II.

I wanted to respond to this part of your post, because it's very important to understand. For starters, the Chinese have stopped buying our debt because of what we're doing to ourselves. This means we can borrow less. Our credit as a country is tanking. Second, there is a move right now in the global community to remove the US dollar as the backup currency for the world economy. This will destroy our currency. We are losing ground as the sole economic superpower, and we are being marginalized by this foolishness. Third, since we can no longer borrow, they are now printing it (figuratively, since it's all electronic these days), which will further devalue our currency. There is a line of thought that this will help improve the economy because of an increase in export, but that mentality forgets one major factor, that everything we purchase will become more expensive, and it will happen far quicker than our average wages and salaries will increase. This will result in a lower standard of living for the majority of Americans.
Viper98912 wrote:Using taxpayer money to help these lame corporations: Personally, I hate it. I prefer to let some of these corporations die because they don't deserve to be here if you're that stupid. Throw the execs in jail for all I care for being stupid, and then trying to weasel out of it. But, some of these are so intertwined in the economy as a whole that a crash of them would cause a major disruption. Doing this would cause some real hard times, but then we'd be in the better in the long run. But then again comes to the first of two ideas: do you stay out of it, or do you try to do something now, to limp along and get somewhere, vs. being in ICU for a long while till it's better.

They should have been allowed to fail. There are plenty of large banks that are rock solid, and they would have simply picked up the pieces. The government getting into it did nothing positive for the economy. As for the auto makers, bankruptsy, or complete collapse would not have been the end. Bankruptcy would have allowed restructuring that would have made them a viable company again, and if they completely collapsed, someone would have purchased them, and restarted them as a far better managed company. End result: we have a crash, but then things turn around. This is part of the economic cycle. The reason we are so bad off now is a combination of the legacy costs of the big 3 coming to a head right at the same time the housing market (f&%ked up by the government meddling) crashed. However, we would still get out of it if they would stop trying to run it all. Remember, the governement has never successfully run anything in the black. They run everything on continuing debt and subsidies. They suck collectively as business managers. Why would we want them running anything else?
Viper98912 wrote:I'm sure that Obama has many people that don't like him. But I think many people realize that he has to take some drastic measures if we want him to do something now. Which is why I think people are putting up with the current measures for now. The current overall public view seems to be one of caution for Obama, while holding optimism that he is doing the right thing. At the end of Bush's term, there was a widespread overall view that people wanted him out already. A majority of the country had an unfavorable view towards him. The current "tea parties" and other crap that's going on also seems to be over-dramaticized by the media, regardless that R's for many years have blamed the media on being too liberal.

Here's the difference: the majority of America did not want Bush out in 04, but the media played it up as if that was the case. This is why a lot of people were surprised he won a second term. Now contrast this with the fact that Obama is the media's creation. They have been drooling over him since he announced his candidacy. They are going to try like hell to make him look popular and successful. They will keep finding people to interview that make it seem like everyone is approving of his policies. This has the effect of making some people who don't actually pay attention to the details of what's going on think that the people on the TV must be right, so they agree blindly. As for the tea parties being overdramatized, there was more coverage on the MSM of the new dog than the tea parties, and the stories that they did run about them were trying to downplay them. They're trying to marginalize it, because it wouldn't support their goal of keeping up the Obama hype.

Ahh, and then we get to the following, another pearl of foolishness from the master of idiocy. LOL.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:Don't confuse bitching with debating, and attempting to educate others

And this line was over the top hilarious. Totally deserves a:

Yes, the thought of you possibly being educated is laughable. Given your line of work, I'm sure you went to some highly liberal college where your professors spread their socialist view of things, and hammered into you why the "right wing" doesn't care about anyone, and it just all about corporate greed. Enjoy your ignorance, buddy.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Vid:
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7328664

Yes, because making 6 more busses is going to keep people employed for a long time. Remember, they were already ordering 7, so the bus company saying that because of the stimulus plan, they had to hire more workers, isn't a complete truth, is it?

There are going to be tons of little stories like this popping up in the MSMs, playing up how wonderful it is, making people feel better, but just watch that unemployment number keep rising, and watch what happens to the DJIA, NASDAQ, and S&P 500 within the next 6 months. It's been enjoying a little rally for a few weeks, but it will be crashing again.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Oh-oh-oh since I don't give $hit on a respond to this, because I won't understand it, as this mostly to piss you off.

Fixed for accuracy.

Don't flatter yourself that you're able to piss me off. My 8 year old has a better grasp of economics than you do.
But thanks for playing. Better luck next time.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:37 AM on j-body.org
^ good post!

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport
Check it out! --> Flickr

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search