Flood Comparison with Human Demographics. - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Flood Comparison with Human Demographics.
Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Did I say the people in IA had it easy? WTF is wrong with you? I'm saying the two disasters don't compare. The #'s don't even compare. 40k vs 1.4 million? People who are used to flooding vs the worst national disaster in US history?

We all know what you're and your buddies are trying to get at. We realize what you're trying to say without saying it. So why don't you just come out and say what you want about NO residents who got stuck in Katrina?

You say the "liberal media" doesnt' cover the Iowa floods the same. I call BS on you. If you read the history of Katrina, the media sensationalized everything. They reported gun fire, rapes, riots and everything that turned out NOT to be true. They reported people grabbing supplies LAWFULLY as looting. They took a few real looting shots and replayed them over and over and over. It's all in the Wikipedia article. Why don't you also take some time to educate yourself before posting again.

Thanks.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:41 AM on j-body.org
LOL

worst disaster in history...

LOL

handled the worst by the population, yes, but not the worst ever.

Ever been shoot at in the line of duty?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:46 AM on j-body.org
Name a worse natural disaster in US history.

And what does being shot in the line of duty have to do with anything?

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:47 AM on j-body.org
where it happened.

the floods of the mid 90's come to mind.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:53 AM on j-body.org
Again, you fail at basic research. Took me two seconds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1993 :
Damages $15 billion [1]
Fatalities 50 [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrina :
Damage $81.2 billion (2005 USD)
Fatalities 1,836 confirmed, 705 missing[1][2]

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:01 AM on j-body.org
Floods.

IE more then one

Ergo, I compared ONE below sea level city getting hit with advanced knowledge to a series of flash floods over years.

Savie?

Besides, that was mid 90's money. ya know, worth more.

705 missing.... damn, maybe we did hit some of um....

Chris

Sunday, April 05, 2009 9:23 AM on j-body.org
The midwest floods aren't flash floods. NO had 60 hours to evacuate, before that they didn't know where Katrina was going to hit.

I'm fairly sure the midwest knows what's going to happen days in advance. I have to go golfing so I can't keep looking this crap up.

But as of right now, I'm thinking if you have to lump in ALL the midwest floods vs one natural disaster to make a case, I've won this debate.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:03 AM on j-body.org
I'm not taking sides in this discussion but I think it should be pointed out that using Wikipedia as the source for anything does not entitle one to claim victory.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:46 AM on j-body.org
Why is everyone ignoring the elephant in the room?

Iowa= white and more conservative + less crime per capita

Louisiana = black, more liberal, and higher crime per capita.

These are the reasons that end the why. And, yes, I must be a racist to say something like that.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, April 05, 2009 5:39 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:I'm not taking sides in this discussion but I think it should be pointed out that using Wikipedia as the source for anything does not entitle one to claim victory.

WIkipedia cites sources. Quoting Wikipedia is quoting those sources. Unless you and anyone else can cite MORE authoritive sources, then yes, it helps the claim. But you didn't.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 5:56 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Name a worse natural disaster in US history.

By death count:
1906 SF earthquake

~3k fatalities

Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:02 PM on j-body.org
Thanks! I was just seeing how long it took before anyone here took the time to do the most basic of research.

Given that you beat them all to it, and you weren't even part of the discussion, it bodes well for my point.

(Hint, to everyone else, Katrina is only #6!)

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:04 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Why is everyone ignoring the elephant in the room?

Iowa= white and more conservative + less crime per capita

These are the reasons that end the why. And, yes, I must be a racist to say something like that.

Finally, someone who has the cajones to be honest about it.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:59 PM on j-body.org
Wikipedia is biased by the author(s) of it's articles. They can pick and choose any source that fits their point of view. Googling " katrina violence" comes up with plenty of "facts" both pro and con.

As far as the racial aspect of this thread, race was not brought up until AGuSTiN and ScottaWhite did. There were plenty of whites effected by Katrina and believe it or not there are blacks living in Iowa. Nature does not discriminate. Any argument such as this can be turned by playing the race card (to quote Wikipedia).

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:36 PM on j-body.org
Ya.

All I stated was "Human Demographics"

Some of the best friends in the Corps are of Non Angelo Saxon back grounds. ( although people of Mexican descent are Angel Saxon... some how the government calls them "latino...... even though there is NO Latin in them....)

If you want to call us raciest for making light out of what went down with the none trendy flooding.... so be it.

Chris

Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:41 PM on j-body.org
Think you have me wrong Augustin.....

Re read it and the context of the discussion.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, April 05, 2009 7:49 PM on j-body.org
No, I put that on there for Augustin.
Not you Sir.

Chris

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:30 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:Wikipedia is biased by the author(s) of it's articles. They can pick and choose any source that fits their point of view. Googling " katrina violence" comes up with plenty of "facts" both pro and con.

But yet again you provide none more authorative, again.

None of you can counter the vast majority of my points, the points of my linked pages, nothing.

My name is spelled Agustin, too. I'm not sure how you even getting THAT wrong, too.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:34 PM on j-body.org
Because your not worth dealing with.

at least this is my thoughts... I will let others do that....

Remember I'm just a Leather Neck.. All I do is Fight.

Chris

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:37 PM on j-body.org
I'm not worth dealing with because you CAN'T deal with it. You're getting slaughtered. I sure hope you're better in combat than in a debate.

---

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:44 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:I'm not worth dealing with because you CAN'T deal with it. You're getting slaughtered. I sure hope you're better in combat than in a debate.
Claiming victory does not make you the victor. However, if it makes you happy to think so, please continue with your delusion.

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:01 AM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:Wikipedia is biased by the author(s) of it's articles. They can pick and choose any source that fits their point of view.
How is this different than any other source?
AGuSTiN wrote:My name is spelled Agustin, too. I'm not sure how you even getting THAT wrong, too.
You'll notice Taetsch spells most things wrong Ironically, he also get REALLY pissed when people spell his name wrong, lol.
BigBob wrote:Claiming victory does not make you the victor. However, if it makes you happy to think so, please continue with your delusion.

AGuSTiN wrote:But yet again you provide none more authorative, again.
None of you can counter the vast majority of my points, the points of my linked pages, nothing.

ScottaWhite wrote:Iowa= white and more conservative + less crime per capita
If you're saying that's why they have been handled differently, then yes, that is racist.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, April 06, 2009 6:55 AM on j-body.org
There were not a bunch of crimes and looting in Iowa because.......well.......umm.....I can't say it. It happened in LA because....ummm.....uhhh.....

But I do have black friends!!!!!!! So there.

Monday, April 06, 2009 12:05 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:[You'll notice Taetsch spells most things wrong Ironically, he also get REALLY pissed when people spell his name wrong, lol.
quote]

Actually I need to apologise about that, I copyed it from the post above mine.

So, I humble apologise Sir.

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search