W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Monday, April 06, 2009 9:00 PM on j-body.org
Hey as long as they were comfortable, entertained, and OTTO pilot looked after their needs, the humans were clueless and cared less about how it happened. I swear, this is how America is becoming.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:31 AM on j-body.org
I know you're referencing the current political spectrum, but it goes WAY before that.
The root is capitalism, it really is. I'm not saying capitalism is bad, this is just a side effect of efficiency.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:04 PM on j-body.org
It's a side effect of human nature. We've been nannying and infantilizing every new generation more than the last. What did you expect was going to happen?

Just take when I was a kid, and this was in the 80's not the 50's. We didn't have AC in the summer and the house wasn't insanely warm in winter. If you were hot, you took a soak in the bath. If you were cold you put on a sweater. We never ate at restaurants. I didn't have a TV in my room, or much else apart from a bed and a bookshelf. If you wanted to be entertained, you read a book or took a walk. When you went on a car ride somewhere far the only thing to do was stare out the window and play "Keep your mouth shut or dad'll clock you one." No AC in the car either.

Today people raise their kids as if they're running a very small summer camp. It's all about keeping the kid occupied and amused and comfortable 24/7. It's not realistic and it's making them soft. A kid today can barely stand to be unstimulated for more than 20 minutes. Life is too painless and pre-planned. You never have to deal with discomfort or dissapointment or boredom. They live in a cocoon, protected from the real world.

Today's kids have little imagination or social skills. You've made them fat and ready for the slaughter. They've been brought up to believe that they can't do anything by themselves, to always wait to be told what to do, and to always be watched and looked over by some larger entity. Wether it's parents or Big Brother, they won't care. They're used to being looked after.

The government didn't do this, parents did. They did this willingly out of "Fear for their children.". You've fingerprinted, ID tattooed, chipped and DNA sampled your kids right into 1984. Good job.
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:11 PM on j-body.org
^^^great post






Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:19 PM on j-body.org
Very good points Knoxfire.



Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:17 PM on j-body.org
I agree with J03Y and mitdr774, Knoxfire hit the nail right on the head.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:24 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

I agree with J03Y and mitdr774, Knoxfire hit the nail right on the head.

X2. There aren't enough people in this country willing to take full responsibility for themselves and their own lives.

This is why the government is able to sell their socialism, because it gives all of those people a nice comfort level of "the government will take care of everything", rather than "I need to take care of myself".







Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:56 PM on j-body.org
on the upside, suicide rates and school shootins are going to rise. wait, maybe thats not so good.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:35 PM on j-body.org
My favorite post in this thread, was that capitalism was the root of the problem. WTH? Can someone explain how that might be the case?

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:38 PM on j-body.org
The only thing wrong with Knoxfire's post is this... it's missing /thread

@Knoxfire:









Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:27 PM on j-body.org
Do you just randomly pick things you see to make comparisons to? Just curious.

Ok heres a picture of a wombat. Make it work.






Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:43 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

My favorite post in this thread, was that capitalism was the root of the problem. WTH? Can someone explain how that might be the case?.
It has caused people to become so career-oriented, focused on self-improvement, that they have lost all interest in what is causing them to do what they are doing. They no longer care HOW their actions are affecting others or how they are affected BY the actions of others. I work 9-5 in an accounting office, and I can guarantee 95% of the people around me lost all interest in government after the election was decided (other than State budget cuts slashing jobs around here).
It's about doing your job and doing what you're told by those above you, because they know better than you.

I was watching a documentary on Jefferson's push for public education the other night, and it seems absurd to people today (and they pointed this out in the video) that the President wasn't considered more-than-human back then, and that he was held to the same standards as everyone else. If you told that to most people today, they'd look at you like you are looney. I see this as a result of the capitalism's influence on society. The President is the boss.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:21 PM on j-body.org
No, the president is a rock-star. " has caused people to become so career-oriented, focused on self-improvement"

So now there is a problem with focusing on one's career, improving their lot in life? Captialism isn't the cause, but rather its citizens willingly giving up their liberty for convenience sake. I know that getting some liberal socialist-type in office with set us back, so therefore my interest in politics extends to hoping he dies soon....and getting a budget hawk elected in '12.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:38 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:

It's a side effect of human nature. We've been nannying and infantilizing every new generation more than the last. What did you expect was going to happen?

Just take when I was a kid, and this was in the 80's not the 50's. We didn't have AC in the summer and the house wasn't insanely warm in winter. If you were hot, you took a soak in the bath. If you were cold you put on a sweater. We never ate at restaurants. I didn't have a TV in my room, or much else apart from a bed and a bookshelf. If you wanted to be entertained, you read a book or took a walk. When you went on a car ride somewhere far the only thing to do was stare out the window and play "Keep your mouth shut or dad'll clock you one." No AC in the car either.

Today people raise their kids as if they're running a very small summer camp. It's all about keeping the kid occupied and amused and comfortable 24/7. It's not realistic and it's making them soft. A kid today can barely stand to be unstimulated for more than 20 minutes. Life is too painless and pre-planned. You never have to deal with discomfort or dissapointment or boredom. They live in a cocoon, protected from the real world.

Today's kids have little imagination or social skills. You've made them fat and ready for the slaughter. They've been brought up to believe that they can't do anything by themselves, to always wait to be told what to do, and to always be watched and looked over by some larger entity. Wether it's parents or Big Brother, they won't care. They're used to being looked after.

The government didn't do this, parents did. They did this willingly out of "Fear for their children.". You've fingerprinted, ID tattooed, chipped and DNA sampled your kids right into 1984. Good job.


so at what age do you say this applies to now?

and btw, wall-e great movie!



Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:42 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

So now there is a problem with focusing on one's career, improving their lot in life?
When it prevents them from looking critically at the world they live in, and taking action for what they determine to be best...yes.
Conflict within a population is a sign of independent thought. Other than 'moral' issues (affect one's feelings more than anything tangible), we don't have much of that here, because it is not supportive of the structure as it currently exists.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:49 PM on j-body.org
so we are going to live to be 300+ years old? look at the capt pics when they show them, look how long they was capt over 100 yrs each.


Stock Blue 04 4 door yay


Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:31 AM on j-body.org
Yes....300+, additionally, we will float around in anti-grav chairs while wearing tight-color matching jumpsuits. Shut up....idiot.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:27 AM on j-body.org
yeah isn't that the coolest part! you shut up idiot


Stock Blue 04 4 door yay


Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:44 PM on j-body.org
People just dont care. Thats the plain and simple fact.

Unless there is a direct tangible change in their lives they dont care. They follow a routine because its what theyve always done. I get up go to school go to work and go to bed. I do that every day. I was doing it before Obama got elected and Im doing that now. Its just the fact that nothing he has done has affected me. So I have no reason to change anything. And most people are in the same boat.

Just because you think that everyone is subordinating themselves to the govt doesnt mean that they are. I still dont understand how you can blame the current administration for people doing what they do. Theres people who have worked the same factory job for 50 yrs and through countless adminstrations, liberal and conservative, and they still went to work and did the same thing. This has nothing to do with govt and everything to do with capitalism liek OHV said. If they dont go to work and subordinate to their boss they get fired and are out in the streets. They must do what is best for themselves. They know what works for them. If it isnt broken dont fix it.



Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Monday, April 13, 2009 12:44 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Yes....300+, additionally, we will float around in anti-grav chairs while wearing tight-color matching jumpsuits. Shut up....idiot.


Like you have room to call anyone an idiot.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Monday, April 13, 2009 8:14 PM on j-body.org
Actually, I have approximately 1200 sq ft of it. However, you are a very clever boy.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:16 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Actually, I have approximately 1200 sq ft of it. However, you are a very clever boy.

.


oooohhhhh you own a home so that makes all better now. so what. i have 40 acres to go with mine, that must make me super genuis or something huh


Stock Blue 04 4 door yay


Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:20 PM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire wrote:

People just dont care. Thats the plain and simple fact.

Unless there is a direct tangible change in their lives they dont care. They follow a routine because its what theyve always done. I get up go to school go to work and go to bed. I do that every day. I was doing it before Obama got elected and Im doing that now. Its just the fact that nothing he has done has affected me. So I have no reason to change anything. And most people are in the same boat.

Just because you think that everyone is subordinating themselves to the govt doesnt mean that they are. I still dont understand how you can blame the current administration for people doing what they do. Theres people who have worked the same factory job for 50 yrs and through countless adminstrations, liberal and conservative, and they still went to work and did the same thing. This has nothing to do with govt and everything to do with capitalism liek OHV said. If they dont go to work and subordinate to their boss they get fired and are out in the streets. They must do what is best for themselves. They know what works for them. If it isnt broken dont fix it.


Yep, exactly.

Back in the 20's and 30's Socialists tried to infiltrate factories and get the workers to rebel against their bosses, and almost without fail they were met with suspicion ans scorn. The commies wanted the workers to take down the system and overthrow their bosses, while the workers categorically refused saying that they simply wanted better pay and working conditions. They didn't care about politics whatsoever.

It's ironic that Unions have been called Communist, since most of them were created as an alternative to the communists on the work floor.

It's the same way now. I'd say that a good 60-70% of people are non-political. Hell, this was true even during the Vietnam war when you had millions marching in the street. It's even more true now.. Most people just want to be left alone, period, and they will take a lot of crap before they rebel. In fact, it's only when feel they have nothing to lose that you'll see some action, and even then it will be through grass roots pressure and political action. Not guns and rioting.

Besides, you get a better reaction from the government that way. Everyone stop paying their taxes and going to work tomorrow. You just sit at home and refuse to budge. Or even better, drive onto the highways and just park your cars there. Cause a national traffic jam. What are they gonna do? Arrest the lot of you? Pffft... one month of this and they'll break and give you what you want.
Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:29 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Actually, I have approximately 1200 sq ft of it. However, you are a very clever boy.

.


Your moms house sounds huge.

I have no respect for anything physical you flaunt around as an excuse for intelligence. Paris Hilton has a bigger house than you and shes actually stupider.



Re: W.A.L.L.- E. Prophetic disney movie.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:16 PM on j-body.org
It was a play on words "like you have room..." 1200 is a modest sized house by today's standards, so not actually bragging at all.

Would you prefer it if I flaunt something metaphysical? Would you be impressed then? What if I spoke in riddles and lymerics?

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search