Obama's Surprise Visit to Iraq - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Obama's Surprise Visit to Iraq
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 8:47 PM on j-body.org
Obama went to iraq!!!

Obama's Surprise Visit to Iraq

Yup, another post about Obama but this time he goes to the war zone.

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"

Re: Obama's Surprise Visit to Iraq
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:22 AM on j-body.org
and? Bush went dozens of times.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:09 AM on j-body.org
I think someone on here was trying to make a point about how the soldiers hate Obama. They showed a video of Bush showing up and getting thunderous applause, then one of Obama walking up and no one said a thing.

So I think the point spoiler is trying to make is that all soldiers do not hate Obama.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:20 PM on j-body.org
I didn't think he was ever going to go to Iraq.

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Thursday, April 09, 2009 4:47 AM on j-body.org
I don't give a @!#$ about the army liking him, I said the Marines don't like him, take a look at the black Staff Sergent in the back ground.... looks REALLY happy right?

LOL

his middle name is the same guy we went there for.

Can't really compare a staged shoot, to a surprise visit.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:43 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:I didn't think he was ever going to go to Iraq.
Is this a serious comment? This is the ultimate publicity stunt for pandering to his opposition. It's like "hey, look at me, I'm keeping your war going, give in to my healthcare proposal"...
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:his middle name is the same guy we went there for.
How is this even a remotely valid point? Your post was fine without it, so why continue to make yourself look like an ignorant name-ist(?)?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I don't give a @!#$ about the army liking him, I said the Marines don't like him, take a look at the black Staff Sergent in the back ground.... looks REALLY happy right?

Maybe he always has that dumb look on his face? And you cannot say that ALL marines hate him.

Quote:

his middle name is the same guy we went there for.

You're seriously using this as an argument? And didn't we FIRST go into the middle-east looking for someone named OSAMA? But who cares about finding him anymore, right?
Quote:

Can't really compare a staged shoot, to a surprise visit.

Why not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:09 AM

Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:54 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:his middle name is the same guy we went there for.

/ignorant tool

Brian

Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:48 PM on j-body.org
LOL

Quote:

How is this even a remotely valid point? Your post was fine without it, so why continue to make yourself look like an ignorant name-ist(?)?

Just stating a fact.....

Yes, I am very Ignorant, or what ever else you want to call me, But truth be told, I have seen to much to let this @!#$ go on unchecked.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, April 10, 2009 10:16 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Just stating a fact.....
Yes, I am very Ignorant, or what ever else you want to call me, But truth be told, I have seen to much to let this @!#$ go on unchecked.
According to you, anyone with a name similar to, or the same as, a previous enemy of the US is also against the country? Or at least that's what you were inferring about all the military members in that picture...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:27 PM on j-body.org
all this shows is that the man is not a military leader.

you don't first ignore a man rendering a salute to you; and you don't ignore the salute and shake his hand. you return the salute. you are commander in chief--a military position. at least pretend like you know what that position means.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:35 AM on j-body.org
Anyone else notice the black males, hispanic male, and asian female soldier on the stage directly behind O.B.ama? Seriously, Dear Leader, you got their vote already....this is the pandering icing on the panderific cake.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:23 AM on j-body.org
Because everyone behind him needs to be white.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:08 PM on j-body.org
Imagine this, the same repetitious opinionated attitude's displayed in an Obama thread. I could title 1,000 new Obama threads and type the responses myself and be 98% accurate as to what was coming.

It's annoying when I have to sort out the bullshit from intelligent conversation.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:14 PM on j-body.org
Its all bull@!#$ 90% of the time anyways. I usually dont bother with the Obama threads.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:23 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Anyone else notice the black males, hispanic male, and asian female soldier on the stage directly behind O.B.ama? Seriously, Dear Leader, you got their vote already....this is the pandering icing on the panderific cake.
I think you're confused. Every asian/hispanic family I've ever known were extremely Rupublican...

Friday, April 24, 2009 7:02 AM on j-body.org
Joe Schulte wrote:Imagine this, the same repetitious opinionated attitude's displayed in an Obama thread. I could title 1,000 new Obama threads and type the responses myself and be 98% accurate as to what was coming.

It's annoying when I have to sort out the bullshit from intelligent conversation.

Pretty much. I've stated in a few other threads that these topics are read by the same 20 or so people, then 5 or 6 hunker down and have an e-war over who's right. Arguments usually boil down to the chicken vs the egg and both sides arguing that one of them is more important than the other.

Oh, how I love the war forum.

Friday, April 24, 2009 12:51 PM on j-body.org
No one here is going to do a damn thing about any issues in this country besides bitch about it. So these threads are just here for my entertainment.

Monday, April 27, 2009 2:18 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:LOL

Quote:

Just stating a fact.....

Chris

Actually there's nothing fact about it. We went to Iraq for WMD's not Saddam Hussein. It just changed somewhere along the way, and fools like you were accepting of that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search