Tea Party Round 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tea Party Round 2
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:27 AM on j-body.org
Well looks to be official. July 4th is the next big tea party gaining strength.
Catch you all there. Cant wait to see the turnout for this one.

http://www.teapartyday.com/





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:33 PM on j-body.org
Why don't you invite the British? From what I understand, they love tea.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:15 AM on j-body.org
Wow, are both people going to show up this time?





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 8:13 AM on j-body.org
both people? Try over 450+ cities last I heard and hundreds of thousands of people. The next one will surpass that count. But I guess some people like having big brother running up the national debt and making you pay for it. Yeah that's real cool.
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 8:41 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:

both people? Try over 450+ cities last I heard and hundreds of thousands of people. The next one will surpass that count. But I guess some people like having big brother running up the national debt and making you pay for it. Yeah that's real cool.


There is 300 million + people in this country. Even if there was a total of 250,000 people that still is not even 1% of the population. I guess some people like following rouge Republican movements that not even 1% of the population gives a @!#$ about.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 10:43 AM on j-body.org
No, it's the fact that people would rather go to the 9-5 job 5 days a week and get all of their news from mass media who tells you only what they want you to hear. I guess your one of those millions of people who just don't care about the millions of dollars your president is giving out to companies who can't take care of their money. When you were a child and you spent all of your money on candy and ice cream did your mommy just give you another 5 bucks to boot? What doesn't make sense to you about how dumb the American public is when it comes to government telling us how we spend our money? I for one refuse to be a mushroom! If you choose to be put in a dark closet and feed @!#$ then go right ahead but I chose not to. Before this is all over you will see that millions will have the same courage to stand in what they believe in. One last thing..I need to charge all of my friends bills for this month on a credit card. Can I borrow yours? Then you figure out how to pay the bill when it comes in too! Doesn't sound right? Yeah that's exactly my point!!! dumb a$$ people!!
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 11:08 AM on j-body.org
Easy there spanky. If you are tired of the government spending your money for you then why don't you vote them out of office, and I sure as hell don't mean vote Republicans back in. If you follow this movement all I can do is laugh at your lack of rational thought, they are feeding you more of the status quo and you are eating it up. Make a new movement that backs third party candidates and get both the Republicans and Democrats out of office if you really want things to be different. Until then don't cry because you are just helping to keep the cycle going and are part of the problem not part of the solution. That is exactly my point!!!



KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

If you are tired of the government spending your money for you then why don't you vote them out of office
I was going to suggest moving out of the country. I remember the JBO Tea Party crowd suggesting that to everyone else frequently over the last few years.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
I don't mind paying REASONABLE Taxes. I am a member of a third party. You see many republicans part of this movement but both sides actually support it. Its just that the democrats that voted in all of the people in control months ago are to ashamed or feel stupid protesting months after they elected these jerks in office. Makes sense doesn't it? So I guess your attempt to say I was just a republican crying because "we" lost = FAIL!
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 1:41 PM on j-body.org
NEXT............................
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 1:57 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

There is 300 million + people in this country. Even if there was a total of 250,000 people that still is not even 1% of the population. I guess some people like following rouge Republican movements that not even 1% of the population gives a @!#$ about.

Name me the last movement that got that much of a turn out, and you might have a chance of making a point. The fact that that many people took off from work to show up means something. And it's not just Republicans, although you keep hearing the media say that, and repeating it as fact. There's something new for you. LOL.
OHV notec wrote:

I was going to suggest moving out of the country. I remember the JBO Tea Party crowd suggesting that to everyone else frequently over the last few years.

If you go back through those threads, you will notice a big difference, though. The people who were told to leave the country were bashing the country, not opposing changes to it. There is a huge difference when you say things like "f&%k this country", or "this country sucks", which has been thrown around many threads since this forum started. The people who are showing up at these demonstrations all have a common theme: they love the USA, but they are not willing to put up with this government trying to turn us into a socialist nation. None of them are going around hating the country.







Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 3:50 PM on j-body.org
Over 700 cities had these tea parties. Numbers are not clear as we did not have anyone counting but some say anywhere from 750,000 to over 1mil. Average numbers was 3000 - 6000 per tea party. Not bad considering it was a work day in the middle of the week and only FOX news covered them. This one should be a lot better since it will be a holiday weekend. There is already over 400 cities registered for this next one and growing rapidly and we are still over 2 months away. Also there is a march on DC planed to. These tea parties are only the start. Glad I am part of it.




Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, April 24, 2009 10:50 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

There is 300 million + people in this country. Even if there was a total of 250,000 people that still is not even 1% of the population. I guess some people like following rouge Republican movements that not even 1% of the population gives a @!#$ about.

Name me the last movement that got that much of a turn out, and you might have a chance of making a point. The fact that that many people took off from work to show up means something. And it's not just Republicans, although you keep hearing the media say that, and repeating it as fact. There's something new for you. LOL.
OHV notec wrote:

I was going to suggest moving out of the country. I remember the JBO Tea Party crowd suggesting that to everyone else frequently over the last few years.
I don't remember off the top of my head(you can google if you want numbers), but I think the anti-Iraq war rallies where probably at least as large if not considerably larger. I laughed at them because at that point I supported the war(and I will admit I was dead wrong) and I laugh at these people now.

Another though occurs too me... Obama had pretty big rallies too. I think your fringe remains out numbered by far.

Quiklilcav wrote:

If you go back through those threads, you will notice a big difference, though. The people who were told to leave the country were bashing the country, not opposing changes to it. There is a huge difference when you say things like "f&%k this country", or "this country sucks", which has been thrown around many threads since this forum started. The people who are showing up at these demonstrations all have a common theme: they love the USA, but they are not willing to put up with this government trying to turn us into a socialist nation. None of them are going around hating the country.
In your views they where bashing the country. In reality they where doing mostly the same things you are now... criticizing the leadership and its decisions. I was one of them.

Now who the hell said ANYTHING like "@!#$ this country," etc, etc. I'm afraid I don't quite remember that, must have happened in the same thread where you denounced Bush for all his idiocy and complete recklessness.

...and then relative to your statement in bold, might I ask why all the secession talk as of late? You can't deny that one, even the Governor of Texas isn't leaving off the table. Nothing says you love your country like seceding from it.

Jay T wrote:

These tea parties are only the start. Glad I am part of it.
I'm glad you're part of the silly hysteria too, because I now have something more to laugh at. I suppose that means you think I'm brainwashed too, and I'd retort that maybe you shouldn't buy into everything you hear. There is a massive twisting of what is/has been happening in this world - and you might be surprised to learn that BOTH sides(definitely including your own) are massively twisting the truth and leading their own flocks effectively as such. I'd like to say its the blind leading the blind, but its more like the far-sighted trying to rally their fellow far-sided minions in a campaign against the "evil" near-sighted hordes. Neither side can see much clearly.

Viva la Revolution!! (you dirty right wing hippies) And I still insist you invite the British to your little tea parties - if anyone knows how to do good tea, its them.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:34 AM on j-body.org
LMAO. bk3k, you're starting to make posts as foolish as Goodwrench. Were you drunk when you posted that?

The anti-Iraq protests may have had individual turnouts that had a few thousand people at them, but they never had an organized protest that covered as many cities, with almost every one of them drawing crowds in the thousands. As for Obama having large rallies, it's a completely different thing to to talk about campaign stops, so you can't count those. When you talk about protests, especially grass-roots ones, there hasn't been anything in decades that compares to the numbers that turned out across the country on April 15th.

In regard to your off-base analysis of my second quote, it was not "in my view". There were many times that very similar statements to what I posted in quotation marks were used in the early years of this forum when debating about the war. Many of us, even some of those who were against the war, would respond to a post like that and suggest that if they hate this country so much, go ahead and leave. It was not people confusing being on the other side of an argument with spouting anti-patriotic sentiments.

And I've never denounced Bush, but I've criticized him for making decisions I didn't agree with. You do realize it's possible to criticize on a subject, but not be against them on everything, right?







Re: Tea Party Round 2
Monday, April 27, 2009 5:45 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

There is 300 million + people in this country. Even if there was a total of 250,000 people that still is not even 1% of the population. I guess some people like following rouge Republican movements that not even 1% of the population gives a @!#$ about.

Name me the last movement that got that much of a turn out, and you might have a chance of making a point. The fact that that many people took off from work to show up means something. And it's not just Republicans, although you keep hearing the media say that, and repeating it as fact. There's something new for you. LOL.

I don't have to name a movement that has had a stronger showing (but I can, see below), you said in another thread the this movement is a majority, a statement that has no truth to it at all and yet you still still try to play it off as fact. The fact that a small minority of people took the day off work means squat and has no relevance to proving this is a majority movement. The fact that a bunch of illegal immigrants took the day off to protest immigration reform must mean something too right, I bet they had a larger turn out then the tea parties. LOL

Prove this movement has an equal number of Republicans to Democrats. You can't and as usual you are trying to play off your opinion as fact.


OHV notec wrote:

I was going to suggest moving out of the country. I remember the JBO Tea Party crowd suggesting that to everyone else frequently over the last few years.

If you go back through those threads, you will notice a big difference, though. The people who were told to leave the country were bashing the country, not opposing changes to it. There is a huge difference when you say things like "f&%k this country", or "this country sucks", which has been thrown around many threads since this forum started. The people who are showing up at these demonstrations all have a common theme: they love the USA, but they are not willing to put up with this government trying to turn us into a socialist nation. None of them are going around hating the country.



So the core beliefs of this group are shockingly Republican, yet there are Democrats involved even though they are the party of socialism so say Republicans, seems kind of fishy to me, once again trying to burn both ends of the candle at the same time. The hypocrisy of right wingers has no bounds.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Monday, April 27, 2009 7:30 AM on j-body.org
All that rally did was tie up traffic in pheonixville pa and made me late for dinner at my girlfriends house.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Monday, April 27, 2009 1:59 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

So the core beliefs of this group are shockingly Republican, yet there are Democrats involved even though they are the party of socialism so say Republicans, seems kind of fishy to me, once again trying to burn both ends of the candle at the same time. The hypocrisy of right wingers has no bounds.

There is quite often a large disparity between the average voter who is a Democrat, and the Democrat who is in the government. I've talked to many friends about principles, and when you get down to it, very many of them believe in more conservative values than they realized, but they get caught up in the fear mongering and class warfare.






Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:37 PM on j-body.org
Over 500 cities and climbing!! Gotta love it!!




Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:58 PM on j-body.org
I imagine the swine flu will be more popular by far - which will probably be the excuse if the turnout is abysmal.

The whole concept is laughable and I do therefore laugh. Enjoy your tea bagging party.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:30 AM on j-body.org
Parties for the ignorant. the world laughs at those who attend. HAVE fun.



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:28 PM on j-body.org
I think instead of getting a bunch of misinformed scatterbrains together by the masses, maybe someone needs to organize an organization who's sole purpose is to watch the government like they watch us... If that's even possible..? I think the people deserve to know what the @!#$ goes on when the cameras are off... I would sure like to know...



wysiwyg wrote:

i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 8:54 AM on j-body.org
SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 9:28 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.

Government spending went up tremendously early 70's, debt quadruple and set a unprecedented record during the 80's, and escalated north during the new millennium, and yet oddly enough no "Tea Party." And what's was worse, that spending went for all the wrong reasons. So why wasn't anybody angry then and did a revolt; or are these being conducted because of convenient timing? The lack of a appearance in the past, only equals zero substance today.



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 10:55 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


Your attitude speaks volumes for your intelligence. You might want to re-evaluate who really looks stupid in this thread.


KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:


and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 1:00 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Government spending went up tremendously early 70's, debt quadruple and set a unprecedented record during the 80's, and escalated north during the new millennium, and yet oddly enough no "Tea Party." And what's was worse, that spending went for all the wrong reasons. So why wasn't anybody angry then and did a revolt; or are these being conducted because of convenient timing? The lack of a appearance in the past, only equals zero substance today.

They spent money for all the wrong reasons? Like what? Protecting our country? And you believe that expanding entitlement programs, spreading government power broader than it has ever been, and nationalizing entire industries is a good way to spend money?

The reason you did not see any great protests against any of your examples is because in none of those instances did the government take over industries, and exponentially expand it's size and expenditure in such a short period of time, as this administration is doing. You can not argue the fact that we have never seen such radical moves happen so quickly. When Obama took office, the budget deficit for 2009 was going to be just over $400 billion (and remember, just as recent as October, he said that we could not have such an astronomical deficit). Now, the CBO has projected nearly $2 trillion for this year, as a result of the ARRA and the omnibus. So in his first 100 days, he managed to quintuple the deficit that he campaigned against as irresponsible.

But as usual with you, you want to go back and point to every Republican president in recent history, just to say "look, you guys did it before" as if it validates your argument against people that are fed up with it. With most of your posts of this type, you are making one thing about yourself clear: regardless of the merits of an argument, the acceptable excuse to you is that, (in your mind) a Republican did it before, so let the Democrat do it now.







Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search