Tea Party Round 2 - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 5:17 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Government spending went up tremendously early 70's, debt quadruple and set a unprecedented record during the 80's, and escalated north during the new millennium, and yet oddly enough no "Tea Party." And what's was worse, that spending went for all the wrong reasons. So why wasn't anybody angry then and did a revolt; or are these being conducted because of convenient timing? The lack of a appearance in the past, only equals zero substance today.

They spent money for all the wrong reasons? Like what? Protecting our country? And you believe that expanding entitlement programs, spreading government power broader than it has ever been, and nationalizing entire industries is a good way to spend money?

Protecting who or what?
It was more in line as to who was going to get bankrupt first? We've had enough ammunition and technology to blow up the world 10x, so why spend more?

Quote:

The reason you did not see any great protests against any of your examples is because in none of those instances did the government take over industries, and exponentially expand it's size and expenditure in such a short period of time, as this administration is doing. You can not argue the fact that we have never seen such radical moves happen so quickly. When Obama took office, the budget deficit for 2009 was going to be just over $400 billion (and remember, just as recent as October, he said that we could not have such an astronomical deficit). Now, the CBO has projected nearly $2 trillion for this year, as a result of the ARRA and the omnibus. So in his first 100 days, he managed to quintuple the deficit that he campaigned against as irresponsible.

Then these companies shouldn't have walked to DC asking for money. Go ask for money from a bank when buying a house and lets see what measures you need to take in order to receive it. Oh and considering dollar value to what it was in the 80's, we are still spending less than good ol' Mr. Trillions Reagan.

Quote:

But as usual with you, you want to go back and point to every Republican president in recent history, just to say "look, you guys did it before" as if it validates your argument against people that are fed up with it. With most of your posts of this type, you are making one thing about yourself clear: regardless of the merits of an argument, the acceptable excuse to you is that, (in your mind) a Republican did it before, so let the Democrat do it now.

Nope, that you, Rush Limbaugh and the and the majority of the Republicans are ALL FUC-KING HYPOCRITES. That's all.





THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 5:32 PM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


1. Learn how to use the quote button.....

2. I have a post secondary education, and I have been working for years now.

3. Where were you when dick Cheney said the national dept was not important ? While the Bush Administration spent your government surpluses into record deficits ?

4. What right do you have calling anyone "stupid" when you can't spell basic words properly.. such as please..... OR form a complete sentence ?





My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, May 01, 2009 11:08 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

I imagine the swine flu will be more popular by far - which will probably be the excuse if the turnout is abysmal.

The whole concept is laughable and I do therefore laugh. Enjoy your tea bagging party.


I am sorry you are unable to read English proficiently. You seem to have these mixed up with a sexual act. I would suggest reading what these actually stand for before making idiotic statements. Although you might stick with watching MSNBC instead of regurgitating what they claim.


Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


Your attitude speaks volumes for your intelligence. You might want to re-evaluate who really looks stupid in this thread.


Yet you return with stupid comments? If you do not have anything to comment intellectually with I would suggest you try to refrain from posting with stupid to stupid.


Short Hand wrote:

Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


1. Learn how to use the quote button.....

2. I have a post secondary education, and I have been working for years now.

3. Where were you when dick Cheney said the national dept was not important ? While the Bush Administration spent your government surpluses into record deficits ?

4. What right do you have calling anyone "stupid" when you can't spell basic words properly.. such as please..... OR form a complete sentence ?


I would suggest reading my comment above pertaining to your post, it fits.



Nope, that you, Rush Limbaugh and the and the majority of the Republicans are ALL FUC-KING HYPOCRITES. That's all.

I think you should also include democrats and independents to that statement. It is not just one party. All of them have their fair share.

These tea parties have been going on for sometime now and have been in the making for some time. These cover a wide area of topics including tax's, spending, debt and no accountability of government etc etc. You may disagree with what these stand for and that is your right to do so. Although I think it is disrespectful to degrade, categorize, criminalize and just plain disgrace anyone who wish's to attend these events. These are majority of people like you and me, your neighbors, fellow workers and fellow men and women. Instead of the disrespect maybe anyone who does not understand these tea parties and have not been to one personally, maybe you should attend one and then make a comment concerning what you seen. So if you wish to continue with your barrage of disrespectful comments you may do so, it will only show what I have said previously.

My only hope is that these tea parties can build a union and dismantle the ever growing expansion and solidarity between all the party's involved. To bring accountability of government and put the people back in the forefront of our country not the government. Sorry I am sure these statements will get ridiculed or just completely misread.







Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, May 02, 2009 2:23 AM on j-body.org
Jay T wrote:

bk3k wrote:

I imagine the swine flu will be more popular by far - which will probably be the excuse if the turnout is abysmal.

The whole concept is laughable and I do therefore laugh. Enjoy your tea bagging party.


I am sorry you are unable to read English proficiently. You seem to have these mixed up with a sexual act. I would suggest reading what these actually stand for before making idiotic statements. Although you might stick with watching MSNBC instead of regurgitating what they claim.
Apparently you think I was being literal with my "tea bagging party" comment. LOL(cause that was a "joke"). I don't watch MSNBC. I know its popular to assume that those who disagree with you are just brainwashed by the media. I don't pay the media much mind to start with. Its all sensationalism and editorial really. Anyone who takes their news from the TV and/or radio in today's age is a fool. Ditto on editorials in any format. TV and radio are for entertainment and that is all. Keep that in mind.

I look up and study facts, then make up my own mind. You might not agree with what I say, but rest assured I'm not just repeating that the media says(don't tell Quiklilcav - it may shatter his world) - even if on occasion it is essentially the same thing. It is my own view - always. The media is wrong often, but not 100% of the time. They can tend to be a bit unbalanced(and that unbalance can and DOES go both ways) but not nearly as much as the 2 sided party huggers would have you believe. The media's biggest sin isn't slant, its complete indifference to the truth - unless that truth makes for good ratings and doesn't shine badly upon the interests of the corporations that now own them. Yes, if the truth meets certain "acceptability criteria," the media will report it. But its not nearly the big conspiracy that many make it out to be. It's pure business(unfortunate that the media is not actually owned by people with a passion for reporting - its just another way to make money).

Jay T wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:


Nope, that you, Rush Limbaugh and the and the majority of the Republicans are ALL FUC-KING HYPOCRITES. That's all.


I think you should also include democrats and independents to that statement. It is not just one party. All of them have their fair share.

BINGO!!

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T - I'd like to point out here that you and Quiklilcav seem to me to be a perfect matched pair. You two - besides their mutual tendency to attack the messenger first and the message second - you both seem completely lost on your perspective ideologies. While I'd agree that Republicans have zero room to criticize any else's reckless spending etc, this doesn't magically excuse Democrats of anything. "But mommy he did it first" isn't a legitimate defense(neither is rewriting history - both of you). You might instead want to instead point out that Quiklilcav's budget numbers are disingenuous(considering that Bush's budget was not all inclusive and he asked for a large chunk of his spending with separate requests and various shady number obfuscation). But that is completely missing the main point. You seem to see everything to total Liberal-vision while he sees everything in complete Conservative-vision. Its all about selective facts and just plain manipulating reality to fit your world views. Anything that doesn't fit with one's views is just "propaganda and lies." Now when logic fails, just hurl insults!!

I think he's completely lost beyond recovery, maybe you might not be? The best exercise is to take your arguments and scenarios, change the actors(Republicans become Democrats and vice-versa). If you are seeing things differently... maybe you might notice something in yourself and then maybe there is still hope. Before you would defend one of "your own" on a subject, would you be just as adamant in the defense someone on the other side in an identical situation? Don't try to justify attacking/defending one over the other - instead take it one situation at a time. It helps when you stop thinking of yourself as on team Democrat or team Republican and start thinking of yourself as part of team America.

Jay T wrote:

These tea parties have been going on for sometime now and have been in the making for some time. These cover a wide area of topics including tax's, spending, debt and no accountability of government etc etc. You may disagree with what these stand for and that is your right to do so. Although I think it is disrespectful to degrade, categorize, criminalize and just plain disgrace anyone who wish's to attend these events. These are majority of people like you and me, your neighbors, fellow workers and fellow men and women. Instead of the disrespect maybe anyone who does not understand these tea parties and have not been to one personally, maybe you should attend one and then make a comment concerning what you seen. So if you wish to continue with your barrage of disrespectful comments you may do so, it will only show what I have said previously.

My only hope is that these tea parties can build a union and dismantle the ever growing expansion and solidarity between all the party's involved. To bring accountability of government and put the people back in the forefront of our country not the government. Sorry I am sure these statements will get ridiculed or just completely misread.


Certainly you have right to your own opinions on any matter, but I think these "tea parties" are more like small mobs that are angry that "the Government isn't being accountable" to THEIR views - almost as if their views are the only views that matter. Democracy is a funny thing. Some of these people are civil and just want to air their grievances, and others seem to me to border on militancy. You guys can be mad that things aren't being ran your way all you want - but don't kid yourselves into thinking that you are a majority(not just the elections - but poll numbers ever since are VERY clear on this matter). Believe it or not, other people having different views than yourselves - and Obama running the country according to his own views - this does not disenfranchise you. But the people with your views aren't running the show... well that's Democracy for you.

Welcome to my last 8 years(and depending on how things go - my next 4-8 years). You see, in 2004 when Bush won re-election and continued to do as he pleased(most of which I disagreed with), sure I was pissed. But right or wrong as I may have felt they where, the majority of people (of those who cared to vote) disagreed with me. These people apparently thought Bush was doing a great job - or perhaps it was the fear mongering that won them over - either way the majority disagreed with me. I don't think it would have been reasonable for me(and like-minded folk) to have held "tea parties" etc. I could have seen this happening after the 2000 elections - where as the majority (of those who cared to vote) WHERE disenfranchised and so the government wasn't accountable to that majority. That is NOT what happened this election and these kinda protests didn't really happen then(when there was a much better reason IMO), and yet... now? Just what is really so different from 2004? Besides the actors - not much in reality. So no, I do not respect these protests.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, May 02, 2009 5:09 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Protecting who or what?
It was more in line as to who was going to get bankrupt first? We've had enough ammunition and technology to blow up the world 10x, so why spend more?

It's not always about more. They also spend lots of money on R&D, so that we can stay ahead, and be more prepared.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Then these companies shouldn't have walked to DC asking for money. Go ask for money from a bank when buying a house and lets see what measures you need to take in order to receive it.

Some of the banks did not want the money, but were forced to take it. Now those very same banks aren't being allowed to give it back. To correct your analogy, it would be like if a bank came along and forced you to take out an equity loan on your house, and then refused to accept payment of it, while telling you what temperature you could keep your heat at in the winter, AC in the summer, how many lights you could turn on, what kind of lights you could own, what kind of car you could own, etc.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Oh and considering dollar value to what it was in the 80's, we are still spending less than good ol' Mr. Trillions Reagan.
Not as a percentage of GDP it isn't. We're way over that now, and still escalating. Our debt is already pushing 80% of GDP, which is higher then Reagan, or either Bush ever had. To put it into full perspective for you, the public debt is currently at the highest the total was under Bush.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Nope, that you, Rush Limbaugh and the and the majority of the Republicans are ALL FUC-KING HYPOCRITES. That's all.

If that's what helps you sleep at night, go ahead and keep believing it. We're really all just a bunch of good-old-boys, who stand up for anything any of us does because of who we are.

Way to stereotype, and ignore substance. (Or, maybe that's just what you want everyone to think, so that they will join your cause of trashing conservatives)






Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 02, 2009 5:25 AM



Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:04 AM on j-body.org
bk3k

although what you wrote was pretty decent i gotta disagree with you. it seems like your just saying. well your guy isn't in office so you just have to sit back and take it for the next 8 years. that's really not what this country was built on. if you believe things are being ran wrong in goverment, its your right to stand up and protest (in a legal manner) for change. to just sit back and say take it up the rear because your man lost is really a slippery slope to just being a slave so to speak. if people want to protest so be it, its their right to do and if they feel strongly enough about it i have more respect for that then for someone who just says i can't do anything about it so why try.



goodwrench

as for millitary spending. it seems the only thing people think about is building more bullets and bombs. maybe some of that spending could also be put into healthcare for those individuals who serve our country so that when they lose an arm or an leg they can come home to the best healthcare they can get. or maybe finding better ways to protect soilders so they dont lose arms or legs or their life.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, May 02, 2009 9:17 AM on j-body.org
Jay T wrote:




I think you should also include democrats and independents to that statement. It is not just one party. All of them have their fair share.

These tea parties have been going on for sometime now and have been in the making for some time. These cover a wide area of topics including tax's, spending, debt and no accountability of government etc etc. You may disagree with what these stand for and that is your right to do so. Although I think it is disrespectful to degrade, categorize, criminalize and just plain disgrace anyone who wish's to attend these events. These are majority of people like you and me, your neighbors, fellow workers and fellow men and women. Instead of the disrespect maybe anyone who does not understand these tea parties and have not been to one personally, maybe you should attend one and then make a comment concerning what you seen. So if you wish to continue with your barrage of disrespectful comments you may do so, it will only show what I have said previously.

My only hope is that these tea parties can build a union and dismantle the ever growing expansion and solidarity between all the party's involved. To bring accountability of government and put the people back in the forefront of our country not the government. Sorry I am sure these statements will get ridiculed or just completely misread.


False, on "These tea parties have been going on for sometime now and have been in the making for some time."
But totally agree on the bold statement. With that being said, be accountable on not the two major parties, but on all parties. Because right now it clear their message is to bash on Obama, as they were not there before.


bk3k wrote:


Mr.Goodwrench-G.T - I'd like to point out here that you and Quiklilcav seem to me to be a perfect matched pair. You two - besides their mutual tendency to attack the messenger first and the message second - you both seem completely lost on your perspective ideologies. While I'd agree that Republicans have zero room to criticize any else's reckless spending etc, this doesn't magically excuse Democrats of anything. "But mommy he did it first" isn't a legitimate defense(neither is rewriting history - both of you). You might instead want to instead point out that Quiklilcav's budget numbers are disingenuous(considering that Bush's budget was not all inclusive and he asked for a large chunk of his spending with separate requests and various shady number obfuscation). But that is completely missing the main point. You seem to see everything to total Liberal-vision while he sees everything in complete Conservative-vision. Its all about selective facts and just plain manipulating reality to fit your world views. Anything that doesn't fit with one's views is just "propaganda and lies." Now when logic fails, just hurl insults!!


Plainly put, and I like said before, as of 2000 I don't support the Democrats and much less the Republicans. I bring to light the faults that Republican have done through out history as now they are playing the role of a martyr.
Oh, lastly there is a HUGE difference as to bring out the faults on Republicans and defending the Democrats, as I don't do the latter. Don't confuse the two.

Quiklilcav wrote:


It's not always about more. They also spend lots of money on R&D, so that we can stay ahead, and be more prepared.

Really? As is in "prepared" to win? Much how we did in Vietnam and the current occupation in Iraq?

Quote:

Some of the banks did not want the money, but were forced to take it. Now those very same banks aren't being allowed to give it back. To correct your analogy, it would be like if a bank came along and forced you to take out an equity loan on your house, and then refused to accept payment of it, while telling you what temperature you could keep your heat at in the winter, AC in the summer, how many lights you could turn on, what kind of lights you could own, what kind of car you could own, etc.

False. Big no-no.

Quote:

Not as a percentage of GDP it isn't. We're way over that now, and still escalating. Our debt is already pushing 80% of GDP, which is higher then Reagan, or either Bush ever had. To put it into full perspective for you, the public debt is currently at the highest the total was under Bush.

Look up the Trillion dollar figures, put it at todays money rate, then talk errrr defend.

Quote:

If that's what helps you sleep at night, go ahead and keep believing it. We're really all just a bunch of good-old-boys, who stand up for anything any of us does because of who we are.

Way to stereotype, and ignore substance. (Or, maybe that's just what you want everyone to think, so that they will join your cause of trashing conservatives)

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Quote:

goodwrench

as for millitary spending. it seems the only thing people think about is building more bullets and bombs. maybe some of that spending could also be put into healthcare for those individuals who serve our country so that when they lose an arm or an leg they can come home to the best healthcare they can get. or maybe finding better ways to protect soilders so they dont lose arms or legs or their life.


But that's what we did, SDI was a great failure and expensive at that, especially in those times.
My GF worked for VA hospital in Alabama and Germany for her 5 years in military service, and she has nothing but first hand horror stories, mind you she was there when the herald of "soldier caring" Bush Jr was in office (also check some of Bob Wooddroff's stories too).
Oh and I totally agree develop military gear to protect, but also supply them to your soldiers too. I saw first hand in 2004 when I worked through X-mas at a USPS and saw that families had to supply vests because our great and mass spending military could not "afford" to supply.
It is a total embarrassment and disgrace at its finest.




THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, May 02, 2009 4:02 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Oh, lastly there is a HUGE difference as to bring out the faults on Republicans and defending the Democrats, as I don't do the latter. Don't confuse the two.

That's funny, you said in the "would you do it again" thread that you think he's doing a good job so far. It seems like you support the direction the Democrats are taking us in. It's plain to see through most of your arguments that you support a left-wing way of thinking. You believe the tax code favors the rich, and that a 20 point spread in rates is not fair, you talk constantly about government spending being the way to go, and you continue to praise Clinton, while bashing Reagan, GHWB, and GWB. That sounds pretty partisan to me. I don't care what you're registered as, you clearly support the same ideals as them, and I have yet to see you post one single word of criticism from you about any Democrat.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Quiklilcav wrote:


It's not always about more. They also spend lots of money on R&D, so that we can stay ahead, and be more prepared.

Really? As is in "prepared" to win? Much how we did in Vietnam and the current occupation in Iraq?

We have been plenty prepared, and continue to be so. I have a friend who is currently in Baghdad, on his third tour there, and they are doing quite well. The surge was a success, in spite of the attempt of the Democrats to say otherwise. On a side note of this, everyone seems to have had their panties in such a bunch over Limbaugh's statement back in January hoping the Obama fails at implementing his socialist agenda, but no one seems to remember how every Democrat and member of the MSM wanted Bush to fail in Iraq. In other words, they wanted America to lose a war, just because they didn't like Bush. You want to talk about hypocrisy and anti-Americanism? No one is better at it than them.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Quote:

Some of the banks did not want the money, but were forced to take it. Now those very same banks aren't being allowed to give it back. To correct your analogy, it would be like if a bank came along and forced you to take out an equity loan on your house, and then refused to accept payment of it, while telling you what temperature you could keep your heat at in the winter, AC in the summer, how many lights you could turn on, what kind of lights you could own, what kind of car you could own, etc.

False. Big no-no.

No, this is the truth. Not every bank that relieved TARP money wanted it.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Quote:

Not as a percentage of GDP it isn't. We're way over that now, and still escalating. Our debt is already pushing 80% of GDP, which is higher then Reagan, or either Bush ever had. To put it into full perspective for you, the public debt is currently at the highest the total was under Bush.

Look up the Trillion dollar figures, put it at todays money rate, then talk errrr defend.

Bwahaha...Again, there you go wanting to change how something is looked at it again, because it supports the opposite side of the argument. Just a few short months ago, in the "why vote Republican" thread, you were using the national debt/GDP chart to support Slick Willie and put down Reagan. LMAO. Now that it shows how bad off we are getting because of Obama's spending spree, you want to find a way to adjust the numbers. God, you are so predictable.

Bottom line, when you are talking debt:GDP ratio, considering inflation doesn't matter, because both sides of the equation are using current dollar figures. We're not talking about dollars spent in 1989 compared to dollars spent in 2009, we're talking about dollars spent in 2009 against debt in 2009. Simple math is all that is needed in this case. However, if you want to go through the more complex method, you're simply going to multiply GDP by the inflationary quotient, and then multiply the national debt by the same inflationary quotient. If you multiply 80/100 by 50/50, is the ratio going to change? No. Welcome to fractional multiplication 101.

Thanks for the chuckle.







Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:24 PM on j-body.org
Bump.......... Over 1200 cities are having tea parties on the 4th of July!! We still have time to get more on board!




Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:50 PM on j-body.org
OK.... I'm not re reading all that... but

While I agree with what they are fighting against for the most part.....

Do those stupid hippies really think doing that is going to make any difference at all?

You people really need to re think how your doing things....

We used to have radical hippies that burnt down government buildings..... now all we have is this..





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:07 AM on j-body.org
Maybe if you attended one you might rethink your words!
I am not a stupid hippy, these people are not stupid hippies.
Maybe you should attend one and see for your self who is at these?





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:17 AM on j-body.org
Sooo.... what exactly do you do? Its sounds like its just an accuses to get out of the house and feel like your making a difference..... but your not...

The people in control that your so pissed at are just going to look down at you and laugh.... and go about doing what there doing...

Maybee you people should line up in the thousands wearing protective armor and gas masks surrounding the white house refusing to leave... and causing them a problem.... and when you get out of jail... keep going back and doing it again and again.... and dont stop... actually make a point... actually "fight the man" like you think your doing.....

So tell me then.... how does this tea party actually help anything.... please explain? If Im wrong..... please tell my why and how this is helping in calm logical sentences.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:19 AM on j-body.org
And just so you know.... Im on your side man..... I just dont understand how doing this is going to make a difference






Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:31 AM on j-body.org
If we do not stand up for our beliefs in our country and constitution then we are sheep. The people is in charge, not our government. We appoint them to represent us.
If we let them do what ever they want then, this is not what America was founded on. We might as well be a third world country. Maybe like Iran, you have seen whats going on over there right? These tea parties are a step in a limited process of dealing with our government. Phone calls, emails have not worked. The tea parties are getting together with others and voicing our opinions in the public eye to see how we feel and to encourage others to open there eyes and see why we are out there.

We are not being represented, our voices are not being heard. These tea parties are a step to get control of our government!

Do not just take my word for it, go to one and see and hear and look at the people who are there and what this is about.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:41 AM on j-body.org
OK.... I agree with you an what needs to be done..... I've said the same things more times than I can remember....

But I dont understand how this is going to change politicians minds... even if they do "hear your voice" they will just choose to ignore it..... we need to actually do something to get in there way so they cant ignore us any more...

I commend you and these people for what you stand for.... I just dont think they way your going about it is going to do anything.... I wish we could get this many people organized for something that will really do something.....hell have all these people over the country flood the streets of DC causing the city and the traffic to come to a halt.... that would get there attention..... if the national gaurd isnt getting called in... your not making a point... Actually make a stand...

Im sorry... but if these people really believe so strongly about this.... why are they so afraid to risk anything?





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:57 AM on j-body.org
http://912dc.org/

Like I said, we are doing all we can and if you feel the same way, then please join the tea parties close to you.

There is a lot, I mean a LOT of grass roots organizations that are hosting these every where and are hard to keep up with. Then add the individuals that are hosting their own and gets to be very large and very hard to find all of them, which I think is one of our problems right now. Believe me, I will do everything I can and repeat it many times if I have to just to resist resorting to violence or taking up arms. I just hope the silent majority wakes up and gets involved and that is all we can do right now.




Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:59 AM on j-body.org
The link above is the March on DC tea rally slated for 9/12/09. So not all tea parties are at your local park. Most are at state, county and federal facilities.




Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:32 AM on j-body.org
Im in south central MN btw... and I guess I can at least look more into it to from a more rational assumption... but at face value this just seems ehhh...

So what your saying is that you have groups of people seeking legislative results then? And your just using the tea party to get the attention off the masses and for publicity?

Hopefully these "grass roots" groups are big enough to actually have there voices listened to... but from what history as showed me.... it always falls of deaf ears.

Following the legislative route would be the best idea if it could actually work.... but sadly I dont have faith that anyone that matters will listen and I believe things will keep going on like they are.

The only way I can see things changing the way we want is to actually stand together as a nation and actually do something about it.... actually be a thorn in there side they cant ignore.... like doing things similar in my previous post... but that may not even work... we would have to stand strong together and actually physically get in there way..... power in numbers can be useful if implemented correctly.... the problem is that most people lie to themselves or honestly believe everything is fine.... and would rather sit in there house and seek security than actually make a difference....

I still say if enough people actually side with us...... flood the streets of DC and outside the white house..... dont let traffic through (but dont be violent) and when the riot police show up.... stand fast and hold your ground... make them listen... and let them know the disobedience will not cease until the wrongs have been written..

Thats something I would like to see happen.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:49 PM on j-body.org
Grass roots were good enough back in 19 Apr 75............................


I think it will hold true today.


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, June 19, 2009 1:55 AM on j-body.org
^^^^ Hopefully your right... well just have to see if they are as organized as they where back in the day.





Re: Tea Party Round 2
Friday, June 19, 2009 4:32 AM on j-body.org
In 75, it was just a bunch of farmers that didn't want there guns to be taken away...


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry



Re: Tea Party Round 2
Saturday, June 20, 2009 12:08 AM on j-body.org
But people had more balls back then...... now adays people ore to afraid and stupid to actually do anything correctly....


Comon people.... prove me wrong...... go out and change crap for the better







Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:14 PM on j-body.org
Jay T wrote:

bk3k wrote:

I imagine the swine flu will be more popular by far - which will probably be the excuse if the turnout is abysmal.

The whole concept is laughable and I do therefore laugh. Enjoy your tea bagging party.


I am sorry you are unable to read English proficiently. You seem to have these mixed up with a sexual act. I would suggest reading what these actually stand for before making idiotic statements. Although you might stick with watching MSNBC instead of regurgitating what they claim.


Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:

Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


Your attitude speaks volumes for your intelligence. You might want to re-evaluate who really looks stupid in this thread.


Yet you return with stupid comments? If you do not have anything to comment intellectually with I would suggest you try to refrain from posting with stupid to stupid.


Short Hand wrote:

Wiezer Walley wrote:

SHORT HAND- Ignorant? You are some young kid with no college education and no life experience. So in other words you have NO CREDIBILITY!! Can one of the people that are laughing at the ones who attend/will attend the protests pleasse explain what is to laugh about when people are tired of the government spending money we don't have, rising the national debt by the day which WE will have to pay back and so will our next generation. PLEASE STUPID FUKIN PEOPLE TELL ME YOUR LOGIC BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU REALLY LOOK STUPID. Actually makes me sad for your mothers.


1. Learn how to use the quote button.....

2. I have a post secondary education, and I have been working for years now.

3. Where were you when dick Cheney said the national dept was not important ? While the Bush Administration spent your government surpluses into record deficits ?

4. What right do you have calling anyone "stupid" when you can't spell basic words properly.. such as please..... OR form a complete sentence ?


I would suggest reading my comment above pertaining to your post, it fits.



Nope, that you, Rush Limbaugh and the and the majority of the Republicans are ALL FUC-KING HYPOCRITES. That's all.

I think you should also include democrats and independents to that statement. It is not just one party. All of them have their fair share.

These tea parties have been going on for sometime now and have been in the making for some time. These cover a wide area of topics including tax's, spending, debt and no accountability of government etc etc. You may disagree with what these stand for and that is your right to do so. Although I think it is disrespectful to degrade, categorize, criminalize and just plain disgrace anyone who wish's to attend these events. These are majority of people like you and me, your neighbors, fellow workers and fellow men and women. Instead of the disrespect maybe anyone who does not understand these tea parties and have not been to one personally, maybe you should attend one and then make a comment concerning what you seen. So if you wish to continue with your barrage of disrespectful comments you may do so, it will only show what I have said previously.

My only hope is that these tea parties can build a union and dismantle the ever growing expansion and solidarity between all the party's involved. To bring accountability of government and put the people back in the forefront of our country not the government. Sorry I am sure these statements will get ridiculed or just completely misread.



You never countered my points. You made a transparent comparison in yet ANOTHER attempt to somehow discredit me. TRUTH be told, these "Tea Parties" never existed when the Bush administration was running the record deficits. I also find it ironic how Tea Baggers" are now going under the mantra of "Dissent is Partriotic".. Funny last time Liberals like myself displayed dissent we were called "un patriotic", and "pacifists", "Supporters of Terrorists".... Now it seems to be the in thing to do for the Legions of Fox News viewers. (Note I do not watch ANY Televised news... FAR to bias. Either to right or to left... BUT that is another topic, and another story....





My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:00 PM on j-body.org
Thatís because none of you ever swear to defend the Constitution.
Am I wrong?


To me itís black and white.

If itís not in the Constitution, we should not do it.

At first I did not like Dr. Paul, he was anti war, and then I read his reasoning....

Congress never voted on it. There for. unConstitution

The Constitution, IS NOT A LIVING DOCUMENT, it is not subject to the "timesĒ its back and white.

I am just worried that os(b)oma will un do the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

accountability of government, can be come by muzzle flash.

It did in '76


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Tea Party Round 2
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:44 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has issued a new flavor, "Barocky Road". Barocky Road is a blend of half Vanilla, half Chocolate, and surrounded by Nuts and Flakes. The Vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient. The Nuts and Flakes are all very bitter and hard to swallow. The cost is $100.00 per scoop. When purchased it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but then the Ice Cream is taken away and given to the person in line behind you. Thus you are left with an empty Wallet, no change, holding an empty cone, with no hope of getting any Ice Cream. Aren't you feeling stimulated?



Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search