More Barney Frank bullsh!t - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
More Barney Frank bullsh!t
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:56 PM on j-body.org
So last night Frank was on Travis Smiley, and he was asked what he had done today relative to low income housing. A typical spewage (litterally when you're talking about Frank--they must have to ring out the spit screens on the mic every time he's interviewed) of lies. He is probably one of the worst that has to go. A big part of the problem, now acting like he had nothing to do with it, and he's part of the solution.
Quote:

Tavis: Let me start by asking what you did today, relative to low income housing, and I'll go from there.

Frank: Well, I got to speak to one of my great passions, and that's the need for us to do more to provide affordable rental housing. People haven't fully understood - one of the causes of the terrible crisis we had over the last few years which has given us today's problem, it came from people being pushed into buying houses, taking out loans that they couldn't afford. Part of that was a conservative view that rental housing was a bad thing.

I had been trying, with a lot of others, to try and continue programs to build decent rental housing for people. What we had were people in power who didn't like that and they said, "No, no, we'll help them become homeowners." Well, people were pushing home ownership who shouldn't have been there. So what I did today, because we have now in Barack Obama a president who understands this, that if you are low income in America, if you're poor, you probably are not going to be able to afford a home.

Um...A conservative view, that everyone deserved a house? CRA, dumbass? He is one of the biggest leaders of the CRA, and defenders when Bush tried to reform it in 2003, and McCain tried again in 2005. He is one of the ones who was bashing the banks who weren't writing enough sub-prime mortgages.

The icing on the cake is saying that now we have a president who understands that people with low income probably won't own a home. Remember, Obama is suggesting the plan to allow mortgages to be rewritten so that the people that had no business getting a mortgage anyway get to keep their homes. Nice job Barney.

This statement from him is just another example of his out-and-out lying ways. He needs to be ousted in a big way.

Re: More Barney Frank bullsh!t
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:47 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:So last night Frank was on Travis Smiley, and he was asked what he had done today relative to low income housing. A typical spewage (litterally when you're talking about Frank--they must have to ring out the spit screens on the mic every time he's interviewed) of lies. He is probably one of the worst that has to go. A big part of the problem, now acting like he had nothing to do with it, and he's part of the solution.
Quote:

Tavis: Let me start by asking what you did today, relative to low income housing, and I'll go from there.

Frank: Well, I got to speak to one of my great passions, and that's the need for us to do more to provide affordable rental housing. People haven't fully understood - one of the causes of the terrible crisis we had over the last few years which has given us today's problem, it came from people being pushed into buying houses, taking out loans that they couldn't afford. Part of that was a conservative view that rental housing was a bad thing.

I had been trying, with a lot of others, to try and continue programs to build decent rental housing for people. What we had were people in power who didn't like that and they said, "No, no, we'll help them become homeowners." Well, people were pushing home ownership who shouldn't have been there. So what I did today, because we have now in Barack Obama a president who understands this, that if you are low income in America, if you're poor, you probably are not going to be able to afford a home.

Um...A conservative view, that everyone deserved a house? CRA, dumbass? He is one of the biggest leaders of the CRA, and defenders when Bush tried to reform it in 2003, and McCain tried again in 2005. He is one of the ones who was bashing the banks who weren't writing enough sub-prime mortgages.

The icing on the cake is saying that now we have a president who understands that people with low income probably won't own a home. Remember, Obama is suggesting the plan to allow mortgages to be rewritten so that the people that had no business getting a mortgage anyway get to keep their homes. Nice job Barney.

This statement from him is just another example of his out-and-out lying ways. He needs to be ousted in a big way.
I don't agree with many of your posts, but I can't exactly see where Barney Frank is coming from there. There are certain things that can be partially blamed on Conservatives(not that you guys are willing to accept even 1% of any rightful blame at any time for any reason), but I really don't think a "lack of renting" is one of them. In fact, I'm not so sure as to why that would be considered a problem? He's an idiot, or at least that exert would make it appear as such. Typical BS politics and the world keeps on spinning.

Don't suppose you have the link to read the rest? I don't like small quotes out of context. That quote might speak for itself, but still...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:00 PM on j-body.org
bk3k, When you talk about conservatives refusing to take responsibility for stuff.....you wouldn't actually be secretyly referring to the Iraq war would you?

Admit it...c'mon....that's what you meant right? (que up the alternative "what I meant was, but now that you mention it" bit please)

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:27 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:bk3k, When you talk about conservatives refusing to take responsibility for stuff.....you wouldn't actually be secretyly referring to the Iraq war would you?

Admit it...c'mon....that's what you meant right? (que up the alternative "what I meant was, but now that you mention it" bit please)

I'm curious where you got that idea from? Just who mentioned Iraq? With that poke I'm referring to the current financial situation, and in general I could include the massive failure that has been the last 8 years. More than that, its the pervasive mentality that no matter what bad things happen, Democrats are too blame(but certainly not to thank if things ever go right). If you suddenly made the entire Iraq war have never happened, my position remains the same. People seem to think that an extra war is all that came out of those years - Democrats and Republicans both act like that.

Read some of the many threads on here dealing with the housing market etc. I'm not really in the mood to type the same exact stuff for like the 10th time in a new thread.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:36 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:Don't suppose you have the link to read the rest? I don't like small quotes out of context. That quote might speak for itself, but still...

Sorry, I thought I had included the link originally.

Here it is. You can actually watch the whole interview (the second "Watch" button), but this part struck a nerve because it's typical Barney. He has, on numerous occasions, been part of the cause of things that he turns around and blames on someone else. You can find plenty of excerpts of him saying how Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac were solid, and didn't need any more regulating, prior to the housing collapse. Then after the collapse, he has been constantly blaming the lack of regulations by the "right wingers" for the cause. He is one of the biggest examples of the lying politician we all want thrown out, but somehow he keeps getting re-elected.

And of course, there's some of his BS at the end when asked about the auto industry. Again he goes back to the lie that GM has been making vehicles people don't want (read big trucks and SUVs). They continue to ignore the fact that those are the biggest sellers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:46 AM

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Barney Frank needs to DIAF.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:01 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Goldman Sachs' new top lobbyist was recently the top staffer to Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., on the House Financial Services Committee chaired by Frank. Michael Paese, a registered lobbyist for the Securities Industries and Financial Markets Association since he left Frank's committee in September, will join Goldman as director of government affairs, a role held last year by former Tom Daschle intimate, Mark Patterson, now the chief of staff at the Treasury Department. This is not Paese's first swing through the Wall Street-Congress revolving door: he previously worked at JP Morgan and Mercantile Bankshares, and in between served as senior minority counsel at the Financial Services Committee.
Link.

I'm sure there won't be any conflicts of interest there...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search