Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:33 PM on j-body.org
AP Press wrote:

FINDLAY, Ohio – A student at a fundamentalist Baptist school that forbids dancing, rock music, hand-holding and kissing will be suspended if he takes his girlfriend to her public high school prom, his principal said.


So in the end this was not a Prom, but just a gathering?
And where in the Bible's scripture says to forbid all of that? I dunno, this to me sounds like a recipe to breed troubled young adults.
IMO, this sounds like the principle is more of a sour puss, then a religious leader.

BigBob wrote:


Typical hypocrites posing as Christians. A true Christian doesn't judge. Holy rolling Bible thumpers are as bad as Muslim extremists.


Amen. (no pun intended)



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:50 PM on j-body.org
^

Agree.

(but Christians never flew planes in to buildings. )


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:07 PM on j-body.org
make the baby jesus cry? I love it! I'm trying pretty hard to remember where I claimed to be a religious guy, but I can't.

From now on, if I find a juicy controversial story, I should simply post the link without my own commentary. Is that right? Would it be ok if I added a smiley, or is that pushing the envelope?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:16 PM on j-body.org
Just read more on Yahoo news. The kid attended the prom, danced, and was suspended as warned. He and his stepdad were on "The Early Show" today, and he says he has no regrets. Stepdad mentioned that a lawsuit is in the works. LOL

1) Whichever publicity hound lawyer takes the stepdad's errr kid's case will lose....eventually. He'll likely try to get an activist policy-making judge, but we'll see.,

2) If I had to guess, and I just HAVE TO... I'd say the school might just end up being represented by an attorney from Gibbs law firm, or by the Christian Law Association. These guys will work probono if they have to, and will go all the way to the top.

(CLA represented the parents of Terry Schivo, in that travesty of justice)

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:23 PM on j-body.org
If the papers where signed, the family will loose.

contracts and all.....

Unless leader comes through and breaks contractual law....

but that's unprecedented...........


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:40 PM on j-body.org
Are you referring to our "Dear Leader"?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:51 PM on j-body.org
Ill add this to the list of reasons why Im not taking my kids to a religious school.



Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:37 PM on j-body.org
Good idea! Then you won't have to worry about agreeing to keep rules you don't agree with, but might just decide to break anyway, all the while, being fully aware ahead of time, of the consequences.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:32 AM on j-body.org
I'm coming into this late.
1. That principal is a total MORON. Worse IMO, he is injecting his own beliefs as if they where in fact Christian beliefs. People like this make me sick.
2. The school's rules on this - particularity regarding what the student does off school grounds - with his parent's blessings - should never be in the school's jurisdiction.
3. What the school is saying IS NOT a part of Christianity, only a perversion of it. Christianity is NOT to blame for this story. That principal is just a wingnut.
4. None the less - the family apparently agreed to these INSANE rules before enrolling. That much is their own fault and they should deal with the consequences. Assuming they agreed before hand on the school's rules applying outside of school property - no lawsuit for you!!

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

(but Christians never flew planes in to buildings. )

Nope, Christians didn't have airplanes to fly into what few buildings existed at that point during the middle ages(much of the Muslim world is still in that stage), nor did they have bombs to strap to their chests. I'm willing to bet that if they did, and if The Pope had asked them to strap bombs to there chests and run into crowds of Jews, Muslims, or you name it - "because God wants you to do his will" of course - that many Christians would have done exactly that. I don't doubt it for a minute.

No, those weapons didn't exist when the Christian world went through that stage, but would you like a list of terrible things that we DID DO during that time? You probably don't...

The problem isn't necessarily the religion - its their level of education and their culture as a whole. They might have modern weapons, but certainly they have NOT advanced to modern times. Even if the whole world lost all religions, you'd still see stuff like this. Most of the problems and atrocities that occur in this world have root causes that are entirely... human.

TheSundownFire wrote:

Ill add this to the list of reasons why Im not taking my kids to a religious school.
Never mind if a school is religious or not - I've known some public schools to have pretty stupid arbitrary rules as well. Public or private school, read the rules BEFORE you enroll your children. The same concept applies when moving - check for stupid local city ordinances etc. In any area of life, know what you are getting into BEFORE actually getting into it.





Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:51 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

make the baby jesus cry? I love it! I'm trying pretty hard to remember where I claimed to be a religious guy, but I can't.

From now on, if I find a juicy controversial story, I should simply post the link without my own commentary. Is that right? Would it be ok if I added a smiley, or is that pushing the envelope?




no, by all means post the link, but offer a valid viewpoint, dont just attack everyone and say its my commentary.


and i just assumed you were religious since you always seem to be defending them. added to the fact you seem to lean pretty far to the right.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:11 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

^

Agree.

(but Christians never flew planes in to buildings. )


Chris


Read up on abortion clinics bombings. Less dramatic, same principle.

All in all, the things people do in the name of god.



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Abortion clinic bombing? I'll have to jump into the wayback machine to find that one. Can't remember one in the last several years, but I do recall something from a while back. Here's the thing with an abortion bomber/killer. They actually believe that abortion is the unlawful murder of a defenseless+innocent human being. The difference between them and the rest of the anti-abortion crowd, is that they actually have the balls to do something about it....to act on their beliefs. The rest of us like to just talk a tough talk.

To put it into perspective: Abortion bomber sees no difference between dismembering and shredding up an unborn child + the dismembering and murder of a pre-schooler. To them, innocent life all around. Now we would hip-hop-hooray-ho! somebody who hunted down and killed some pedophile child mass-murderer, right? Heck, we'd probably dance the same dance if some soon-to-be father killed the perp who kidnapped his pregnant wife, drugged her, removed the 3month old fetus and stuck it in the blender for a smoothie. We'd say the murder of that SOB would be justified. Way off topic, but it'll make you think.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:31 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Way off topic, but it'll make you think.

.


The only think it makes me think is that you need some serious help.







“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:47 PM on j-body.org
^ it was the baby-blender-smoothie wasn't it bob?

.



“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:18 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Abortion clinic bombing? I'll have to jump into the wayback machine to find that one. Can't remember one in the last several years, but I do recall something from a while back. Here's the thing with an abortion bomber/killer. They actually believe that abortion is the unlawful murder of a defenseless+innocent human being. The difference between them and the rest of the anti-abortion crowd, is that they actually have the balls to do something about it....to act on their beliefs. The rest of us like to just talk a tough talk.

To put it into perspective: Abortion bomber sees no difference between dismembering and shredding up an unborn child + the dismembering and murder of a pre-schooler. To them, innocent life all around. Now we would hip-hop-hooray-ho! somebody who hunted down and killed some pedophile child mass-murderer, right? Heck, we'd probably dance the same dance if some soon-to-be father killed the perp who kidnapped his pregnant wife, drugged her, removed the 3month old fetus and stuck it in the blender for a smoothie. We'd say the murder of that SOB would be justified. Way off topic, but it'll make you think.

.
And these terrorists believe America is The Great Satan who enjoys murdering Muslim children in the streets. And Israelis... the terrorists view Jews as the lowest form of sadistic evil being. They look upon them MUCH less favorably than you might look upon an abortion bomber. With these views, 1 part truth and 9 parts propaganda as they may be, they justify their murder. Sounds exactly like abortion bombers to me. Abortion bomber = terrorist. It doesn't matter what your views on abortion clinic workers is, this is very cut and dry terrorism.

You can justify it all you want, just as Muslim terrorist justify their senseless violence. But then I'd have to say you might have the proper mindset of a potential future terrorist.

Another interesting fact, I recall one abortion bombing that they had set another bomb to go off to kill any rescue workers when they arrived - namely kill anyone who dared to attempt to save these so called "evil" abortion workers. But is it really that big a jump from what you defend to that?







Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:28 PM on j-body.org
This site has a general historical timeline about abortion in general, and lists known violent events. (including 2 total bombings, one of which was a fire-bomb) They others were shootings. Just didn't see anything about a secondary bomb. You may have seen that in that Jamie Foxx movie + meshed reality with the silver screen. However, I may be mistaken on the alleged incident.

Bk, if you'll read back, I was explaining the mindset of the abortion-bomber. I see where he's coming from, but I wouldn't do it myself. Too much of a wuss to go one-on-one with the police and worse...the ire of the JBO.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:48 PM on j-body.org
It doesn't take balls to commit an act of insanity, it takes insanity.


And, yes, I think Abortion Clinic bombers, Muslim terrorists, and certain Christian school principals are insane.







“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:07 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:



Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

(but Christians never flew planes in to buildings. )

Nope, Christians didn't have airplanes to fly into what few buildings existed at that point during the middle ages(much of the Muslim world is still in that stage), nor did they have bombs to strap to their chests. I'm willing to bet that if they did, and if The Pope had asked them to strap bombs to there chests and run into crowds of Jews, Muslims, or you name it - "because God wants you to do his will" of course - that many Christians would have done exactly that. I don't doubt it for a minute.

No, those weapons didn't exist when the Christian world went through that stage, but would you like a list of terrible things that we DID DO during that time? You probably don't...

The problem isn't necessarily the religion - its their level of education and their culture as a whole. They might have modern weapons, but certainly they have NOT advanced to modern times. Even if the whole world lost all religions, you'd still see stuff like this. Most of the problems and atrocities that occur in this world have root causes that are entirely... human.

[



And here i was under the impression that the Christians of Rome where coming to help the Jews take back there land in the crusades (well the first two, the sacking of Constantinople.... that was bad form.)......



I agree that the area needs to be spun up in education, but a form of education is learning that if you @!#$ with us, you die.

cause and effect.

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:53 AM on j-body.org
okay i agree with both the school and him at lkeast he manned up and admits he was wrong and broke the rules and was willing to accept the consequences.


on a side note am i the only one that can't make sense of anything scottawhite says seems like a buch of crackhead rambling to me but i dunno



Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:47 AM on j-body.org
Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful. ^^mynabird^^

.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 11:32 AM on j-body.org
wtf does that mean go snort another line




Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:41 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful. ^^mynabird^^

Hate would imply people waste their emotions and efforts on your foolish ass.
Most of your posts invoke merely a chuckle or a facepalm.







Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:27 PM on j-body.org
Lethargy.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:32 PM on j-body.org
homoerotica

peanutbutter

antidisestablishmentterrianism

see i can use big word with no thought what so ever to




Re: Christian School Threatens Suspension if Student Attends Prom
Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:38 PM on j-body.org
"Albuquerque. See, I can do it too..."

-Riley Poole







Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search