There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation.... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 19, 2009 9:07 PM on j-body.org
Dear Leader wants all this ultra-liberal/ socialism crap rushed through early on, so he can get the bad tasting stuff over with soon. Then he can move to the middle ala-clinton and even chastise a few lameduck democrats to show that he isn't a puppet of the left. Then after re-election, he can swing on the vine like a....ahem....move back to the left and go out with a fag-rights/antichristian/hatespeech/gunban- BANG!

I just hope one of his daughters goes bipolar and spikes his beer with some D-con.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 19, 2009 11:58 PM on j-body.org
I have noticed both him and his supporters using the phrase "his first term" or "this term" quite a bit..... sounds very arrogant to me..

You know...... I defended him in the begging... (never really supported him though).... but Im done now.... he seems to be more of a POS every day with all of this crap he is pulling.

Although scott.... while you may end up being right... the way you worded it makes you sound like a wack job..... just some constructive criticism..





Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:49 PM on j-body.org
ahh I don't care. They all know I'm right. I'm not running for congress, so doesn't matter the opinion.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:45 PM on j-body.org
I think it's funny it seems like common knowledge around J-body forum that all politicians are liars who throw blame back and forth and never really get anything done except for further diminishing human rights and scaring the population into backing whatever it wants...

And yet every 4 years your media acts like your election is a big deal, voting for the same 2 parties every time... Same @!#$ here in Canada... You'd think that with a tool like the internet at our disposal we would be more well informed of other options instead of the same 2 that have been @!#$ up every time they're in office... But I guess people are all guilty of placing blame instead of taking action. It's easier.

A person can be smart. Too bad people are dumb!


wysiwyg wrote:

i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:21 PM on j-body.org
ChrisH4Life wrote:

You'd think that with a tool like the internet at our disposal we would be more well informed of other options instead of the same 2 that have been @!#$ up every time they're in office...
"RON PAUL!!!" in 3...2...1...




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Monday, June 22, 2009 5:54 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:

ChrisH4Life wrote:

You'd think that with a tool like the internet at our disposal we would be more well informed of other options instead of the same 2 that have been @!#$ up every time they're in office...
"RON PAUL!!!" in 3...2...1...


Exactly the fact that more Republicans didn't vote for him in the last election shows you there are just as many, if not more idiots on the Right than there are on the Left. I will continue to vote Libertarian / Against Republican party until they get these Neo-Con Facists out of the party. Bush, Cheney, Michael Steele and Palin can all suck a giant turd, lets get the party back to basics, Liberty and Freedom, no more of this Nazi @!#$.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Monday, June 22, 2009 2:19 PM on j-body.org
the fact is the majority of the population who dont nessicarily agree with either side just assumes a 3rd party can't win so they vote dem or rep. instead.


and scott white is a wack job lol


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Monday, June 22, 2009 7:36 PM on j-body.org
Hey now.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:46 AM on j-body.org
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:16 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

the fact is the majority of the population who dont nessicarily agree with either side just assumes a 3rd party can't win so they vote dem or rep. instead.


Very true. Not to mention many people myself included did not want to waste a vote knowing it was going to be close.



FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:23 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

the fact is the majority of the population who dont nessicarily agree with either side just assumes a 3rd party can't win so they vote dem or rep. instead.


Very true. Not to mention many people myself included did not want to waste a vote knowing it was going to be close.
Ever consider that if people voted on who they liked instead of whomever they consider to be "the lessor evil," then if might have been a close race between Obama and a 3rd party candidate? You might have had McCain with the 3rd party status! You are just buying into the lie that the 2 parties are selling - that voting for any other candidate is throwing away your vote. If everyone believes it - a lie becomes the truth - and thus why it happens that way.

If you don't vote your with your heart, then you have already thrown away your vote. Just look at Ross Perot's showing in an election where he couldn't decide if he was in or out of it! If he had been decisive - he likely would have walked away with the oval office. This scared the @!#$ out of both of the major political parties and so they made some "bi-partisan reforms" to how election debates are handled(aka locking out all other voices).

Even if your candidate of choice doesn't come out on top - if independents/alternate parties get higher and higher showings then fewer people believe the lie. The fewer people that believe the lie, the less power it holds and Independents/alternate parties will continue to do better and better - eventually it should become a reality.

If there was ever a time for another party to rise - it is now. People know that Republicans don't hold the answers but plenty don't think that Democrats are exactly the way either. The Republican party is in shambles and it seems the majority of those who have not left the sinking ship are dead set on "purifying" the party of all those outside of a specific, narrow ideology/agenda. The way things are going... put a fork in it.

But you can't exactly leave everything to the Democrats forever - and you need a party that is worth something to oppose them(not to mention a party that stands on its own principals when it has the reins of power). Just like an old, rusted car - there comes a point where trying to fix it becomes an act of stubborn futility and you just need a new car. Well we need a new party - one free of all the baggage and free of all the fundamentalist rhetoric. If you keep out all the extremists, and have a balanced, common sense perspective on issues - you could easily pull in many of the Republican hold-outs, the people who already fled the party, and many moderates who might currently identify as Democrats. Those people that are usually referred to as "swing voters" - those people could be the base.








Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^^^ That made sense....





Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:04 AM on j-body.org
yeah i was suggesting that back during the election. my point was your not going to win with that first election but if you just get enough votes for a third party that people go " hey they were actually in the running" then the next vote more people may try and make the switch. the answer i kept getting back though was they wont win so its just throwing away your vote. but when you look at it, if you voted for a repulican this go around you could just as easily claim your vote was worthless since your man didnt win.


bad thing is any third party doesn't get any press or mention whatsoever. they are ignored and forgotten. and in todays society, if your not in the news and tv and papers 24/7 you dont stand a chance. and the media i think knows that.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:33 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

yeah i was suggesting that back during the election. my point was your not going to win with that first election but if you just get enough votes for a third party that people go " hey they were actually in the running" then the next vote more people may try and make the switch. the answer i kept getting back though was they wont win so its just throwing away your vote. but when you look at it, if you voted for a repulican this go around you could just as easily claim your vote was worthless since your man didnt win.


bad thing is any third party doesn't get any press or mention whatsoever. they are ignored and forgotten. and in todays society, if your not in the news and tv and papers 24/7 you dont stand a chance. and the media i think knows that.



Yes the media knows that!!! That's why I hate the freaking media.
Many people don't even know who the hell Ron Paul is?!?!!?
and he's not that great looking so that's not going to help much either!!!
I could be wrong but I think Sarah Palin helped a lot McCain's campaign because of her looks
not much but a little bit, but it sure did IMO


"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 1:38 AM on j-body.org
I think the real problem is that everyone believes what they see on TV also.

Why cant people realize they are being filled with BS almost 24/7?





Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 2:18 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:

I think the real problem is that everyone believes what they see on TV also.

Why cant people realize they are being filled with BS almost 24/7?
Because they have been raised on that 24/7 BS their whole lives - its all they have ever know and so they don't know the difference. A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.







Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 2:32 AM on j-body.org
"The difference between reality and fiction is only gauged by how many people believe you"

Not sure who originally said it....

Some times I think your better of to grow up somewhat poor now adays.






Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:10 AM on j-body.org
even the poor in this country have computers and cell phones and cable tv.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 4:01 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:

Weebel wrote:

I think the real problem is that everyone believes what they see on TV also.

Why cant people realize they are being filled with BS almost 24/7?
Because they have been raised on that 24/7 BS their whole lives - its all they have ever know and so they don't know the difference. A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

That's just the way the libs want it. The dumber and lazier they keep the poor, the more they can play the roll of the providers.
sndsgood wrote:

even the poor in this country have computers and cell phones and cable tv.

That's because they're not paying for anything else.

It's the people just above the poverty line that really get the shaft. They pay taxes, get nothing from the government, and they don't make enough to afford much beyond bare necessities, because they're paying for all of the sh!t that the poor get for free. And many people don't understand it when someone says the system breeds laziness.







Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 6:34 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

bk3k wrote:

Weebel wrote:

I think the real problem is that everyone believes what they see on TV also.

Why cant people realize they are being filled with BS almost 24/7?
Because they have been raised on that 24/7 BS their whole lives - its all they have ever know and so they don't know the difference. A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

That's just the way the libs want it. The dumber and lazier they keep the poor, the more they can play the roll of the providers.
sndsgood wrote:

even the poor in this country have computers and cell phones and cable tv.

That's because they're not paying for anything else.

It's the people just above the poverty line that really get the shaft. They pay taxes, get nothing from the government, and they don't make enough to afford much beyond bare necessities, because they're paying for all of the sh!t that the poor get for free. And many people don't understand it when someone says the system breeds laziness.


NAIVE
People are very naive this days, and to be honest, I think I'm one of them!!
that's why I get so confused because I hear one thing from one side and then something different from the other side and I don't know who to believe so I say the hell with it!!

Example
nancy pelosi wants to pass this Energy bill and she says that is going to create Jobs!! and save our plant from freaking Global warming?
and then another source says that bill is Crap! Is going to kill jobs and raise the cost of Energy!!
Then Nancy Pelosi says NO, is going to help the environment and then somebody else says NO the enviroment needs carbon dioxide!!!
Okay now let me ask them this: what the hell is Mexico and China doing to protect the environment? Not a damn thing! you go there and you can't breath from all the smoke! you have to wear a mask! To me, that's a Law to tax the air we breath because they want to regulate everything.

We need to be real careful what we hear and see on TV because none of it could be true.
The media no longer takes their audience serious. It is all political and they just want to brainwash us like watching one of those get rich real quick advertising program!!
"With my system you will be making 100,000.00 a week!! CALL NOW 1-800-GET RIPPED OFF!!!



"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 7:31 PM on j-body.org
Pelosi is about one thing, and that is Pelosi. She wants more power over everyone's lives.

Also, how about the fact that she has tens of thousands of dollars in stock in one of the green energy companies who will benefit from the research grants in the bill?

I don't need any information from TV or radio to understand that taxing energy will cause more job losses in our country, and the standard of living to decrease. What exactly does anyone think is going to happen when this goes into effect? Everything we purchase gets put on a truck, train, plane, or boat, and in many cases, more than one. As the costs of energy go up because of taxes, the cost of shipping goes up, which is passed on to the consumer. We will be able to afford less for the same money, all the while more jobs are being sent out of the country, or more US manufacturers are put out of business, because their plants are taxes to hell over their energy useage. Less jobs and higher costs of living equals economic disaster. You don't really need to hear whatever spin anyone puts on it to be able to follow the effects of this.

Also, one of the European countries who have been pushing green energy (IIRC, it was either England or Spain) released a figure that for every "green" job that was created under their program, the result was 2.1 jobs in other industries being lost. So how does that math add up to the Crap and Trade bill being a job-creator?

I'm really watching this and Obamacare very carefully, because in our already weakened state, either one of these could be the nail in the coffin for the US economy. We are teetering on 10% unemployment right now. If Cap and Tax passes (which I'm slightly hopeful it won't, considering they don't currently have the votes in either house), I expect that number to double in a very short period of time following enactment.

But rest assured, if/when this happens, and more jobs are moved overseas, you will be hearing about the evil corporate greed that is behind it, not the power-hungry libs pushing the legislation.








Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:47 PM on j-body.org
Spoiler..... almost 100% of everything you see on TV is BS lies....

These people argue most the time not because they think their idea is better...... they argue because the other persons views will hurt their hidden agenda they wrapped there "cause" in..

And when you occasionally do have someone that really gives a damn..... it's hard to tell them apart from the others..

About this people being to busy watching TV and playing games thing to see whats going on....

It makes me think of George Carlins last HBO special before he died..... when he said "Now that everyone has a cell phone that can stroke their balls and make them pancakes, everyone is to busy to actually leave the house and see whats going on in the world" (or something like that).

Its the whole divide and concur thing..... governments have been doing it forever all over the world.





Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:53 AM on j-body.org
"We are teetering on 10% unemployment right now. If Cap and Tax passes (which I'm slightly hopeful it won't, considering they don't currently have the votes in either house), I expect that number to double in a very short period of time following enactment.
"

I spent 6 months out of work before finally picking up a job. Come to Michigan, I want to say our current unemployment rate is 14.1%. Everything I have read about Cap and Trade is just going to punish Mi. even more.



Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:05 AM on j-body.org
Yeah, I believe you're actually higher than that. I thought the last stat I heard out of MI was 14.7%.

Slightly off topic, but the Obamacare plan that they're trying to sell the people right now has some more revealing concessions in it. One of the biggest one is the fact that this week they negotiated with the unions that union members will be exempt from the tax on employer-paid health insurance.







Re: There's a good reason for all this rushed legislation....
Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:06 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Yeah, I believe you're actually higher than that. I thought the last stat I heard out of MI was 14.7%.

Slightly off topic, but the Obamacare plan that they're trying to sell the people right now has some more revealing concessions in it. One of the biggest one is the fact that this week they negotiated with the unions that union members will be exempt from the tax on employer-paid health insurance.


If that is true its BS. I shouldnt complain as I am an IBEW apprentice and my healtcare plan cost my employer $8.15/hr I work (I am still dumbfounded about this cost) and I really dont want to have to pay tax on that, but its not fair to non union workers. Personaly the proposed health care reform @!#$ scares the hell out of me.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search