Feminisim - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feminisim
Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:39 PM on j-body.org
I was born in Connecticut, a little town of Stonington/mystic, where everyone was the same, and no one cared who you were (as long as you staid out of there way :p) Then, I moved to Virginia, stupid me.

Here, women are looked down upon, the still beleive in the old civil war way ((in this little redneck area)) I had no problems with anyone here until other tuners started coming up to me and insulting me because I drove a car I'm currently working on, as a show car. Told me, women belong in the kitchen and that I most likely had all my work done by my boyfriend, or other guy friends.

Well, let me tell you, I do all the work myself, engine/interior/exterior, anything custom on it, I have done. I have had help, I won't lie but I did most all of it. i do agree though, that women who drive good looking cars, who had their boyfriends or other guys work on it, I beleive, is wrong. I lose respect for the driver and the car. I beleive that if you own a car, and you want a car to be done, you do it yourself, (unless you need a professional).

So, why is it that I have to be ridiculed because I am a female driving a tuned car? And, it isn't only with cars, when I'm doing other stuff, like working on my bfs motorcycle or simply talking, people tell me women are supposed to be seen and not heard.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem, and please tell me there are guys here who are respectful.

I'm not going anywhere just yet

R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan '81-'09

Re: Feminisim
Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:17 PM on j-body.org
Ashallee Wing wrote:I was born in Connecticut, a little town of Stonington/mystic, where everyone was the same, and no one cared who you were (as long as you staid out of there way :p) Then, I moved to Virginia, stupid me.

Here, women are looked down upon, the still beleive in the old civil war way ((in this little redneck area)) I had no problems with anyone here until other tuners started coming up to me and insulting me because I drove a car I'm currently working on, as a show car. Told me, women belong in the kitchen and that I most likely had all my work done by my boyfriend, or other guy friends.

Well, let me tell you, I do all the work myself, engine/interior/exterior, anything custom on it, I have done. I have had help, I won't lie but I did most all of it. i do agree though, that women who drive good looking cars, who had their boyfriends or other guys work on it, I beleive, is wrong. I lose respect for the driver and the car. I beleive that if you own a car, and you want a car to be done, you do it yourself, (unless you need a professional).

So, why is it that I have to be ridiculed because I am a female driving a tuned car? And, it isn't only with cars, when I'm doing other stuff, like working on my bfs motorcycle or simply talking, people tell me women are supposed to be seen and not heard.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem, and please tell me there are guys here who are respectful.

who ever told you that, needs to get a life and if it bothers you that much then you need a life too
Men, Women, cats, dogs, ect can do whatever the hell they want IMO

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:44 PM on j-body.org
It didn't bother me for a while, but after five years of living here, it's starting to tick me off a bit, but, this place is so beautiful I won't move away. People just annoy me.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:42 PM on j-body.org
Know what youre problem is? You arent making me a sammich. Jk. But in all honesty a lot of women I see driving tuned cars dont do their own work so it gets stereotyped like black men and watermelon.

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:35 AM on j-body.org
You really should have said you where a female at the beginning of the post..... it took me a second LOL

And people annoy me also..... people are stupid ass pricks and most arnt worth your time it seems....

Next time some guy says something like that..... just kick him in the balls and tell him "I BET BEING A MAN ISNT SO GREAT FOR YOU RIGHT NOW IS IT!"

Than have your boyfriend kick the @!#$ out of him when he's on the ground (if he's there)

Personally.... I love women..... I really hope I find a good one some day...... hell..... If I met a girl that workes on her own car and knows bikes..... I would do what ever I could to get on her good side.....

Friday, June 26, 2009 5:09 AM on j-body.org
n00dz or sammich

Friday, June 26, 2009 10:07 AM on j-body.org
who cares. its their way of feeling strong. when in reality it just shows how weak they are. who cares who builds the car wether its a boyfriend for a girl or a shop for a guy or a dad for his albino transvestite son.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 26, 2009 3:52 PM on j-body.org
It's called insecurity or self-esteem issues. Don't let it bother you. Just remember that they're probably acting like that because they don't have the ability to talk cars in front of you and make themselves feel like they know stuff you don't. Anyone secure with themselves doesn't need to bother wasting time insulting someone just because they are doing something different.

My suggestion: educate yourself in as much automotive tech as you can, and put them in their place the next time they talk sh!t.

Oh, and this:

J03Y wrote:n00dz or sammich

Friday, June 26, 2009 9:15 PM on j-body.org
Being 16 or 17 and going into a stereo shop and pwning the guy working the counter is similar. Ive done it before several times. Just show them up and theyll shut up.

Friday, June 26, 2009 10:38 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^^ Thats why I hate places like that..... especially best buy..... I asked the guy behind the counter if they had a 2.5-inch SATA 7200-RPM hard drive once (dont remember the cache size) and he had no idea what I was talking about. And he was supposed to be there tech expert there...

And I've never understood this anti female thing some guys have..... what are they.... gay?

Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:11 AM on j-body.org
Lol thanks guys/girls

Thanks to my boyfriend and other good friends I've already loaded myself up with information, when we went to Carlisle style and performance show this past year I blew some guys out of the water with some of the little stuff I knew

Now....about those sandwiches..

Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:27 AM on j-body.org
Ashallee Wing wrote:when we went to Carlisle style and performance show this past year I blew some guys out of the water with some of the little stuff I knew

Win. That's the way to do it.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:59 AM on j-body.org
When my last wife, Sara, went to her boss (who was also a mechanic) and asked him to teach her how to wrench, he laughed at her and said it was man's work. This past Weds. she graduated her apprenticeship and became a journeyman boilermaker. Guess the boss was wrong. Women can do anything a man can do and don't let the bastards tell you otherwise.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search