And this is who is making us "better"? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
And this is who is making us "better"?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:27 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

If George W. Bush
had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted
DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically
significant gift, would you have
approved?

If
George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of
his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and
tacky ?

If
George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have
approved?

If
George W. Bush had visited Austria and
made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have
brushed it off as a minor slip?

If
George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people
who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have
approved?

If
George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de
Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of May
(Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you
have winced in embarrassment?

If
George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word advice would you have hammered
him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as “proof”
of what a dunce he is?

If
George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single
tree on “Earth Day”, would you have concluded he’s a
hypocrite?

If George W. Bush’s
administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people
followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan
causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually
“get” what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had
been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to
get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is
more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by
smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W.
Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the
Midwest
with more people killed or made homeless than in New
Orleans , would you want it made
into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and
incompetence?

If
George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation,
even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have
approved?

If George W. Bush had
proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two
centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have
approved?

If
George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years,
would you have approved?

If George W.
Bush had reduced your retirement plan’s holdings of GM stock by 90% and
given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have
approved?

If George W.
Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a
play in NYC, would you have approved?

So, tell me
again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and
impressive?

Can't think of
anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 5
months -- so
you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an
answer.

ya...

That's all.

Although, this Left VS Right thing has got to end.... Party lines need to end... But that's a whole other debate.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Re: And this is who is making us "better"?
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:49 AM on j-body.org
wow.... thats pretty spelled out.....good job....

I like the one about the spanish slip.....lol....

how much exactly did it cost to go to that play? yeah, the earth day thing is a little hypocritical....

-Red-
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:03 AM on j-body.org
just wondering how you expect the right versus left fighting to end when you start by bashing the left?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:55 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:just wondering how you expect the right versus left fighting to end when you start by bashing the left?

This.

And why the hell should we care what a president gives as a gift? At least they're not spending MORE money on some rare albino giraffe or some @!#$.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:13 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:And why the hell should we care what a president gives as a gift? At least they're not spending MORE money on some rare albino giraffe or some @!#$.

It's an indication of lack of character, but the point was mostly that Bush would have been crucified for something like that.
The media would have been calling him a cheapskate, etc. for weeks after crap like that.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:28 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Bush would have been crucified for something like that.

this is true....

-Red-
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:30 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
ThatGuy85 wrote:And why the hell should we care what a president gives as a gift? At least they're not spending MORE money on some rare albino giraffe or some @!#$.

It's an indication of lack of character, but the point was mostly that Bush would have been crucified for something like that.
The media would have been calling him a cheapskate, etc. for weeks after crap like that.

Would he have been crucified for sending a silly gift? Probably. My opinion would still stand: Who gives a @!#$?

We have bigger problems.

The Air Force one made me laugh too. He had no idea it was going on. Regardless of who's administration it was, I would not blame Bush had the same thing happened under him. It was the fault of one dumbass in the administration, not Obama.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:16 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:just wondering how you expect the right versus left fighting to end when you start by bashing the left?

That was an after thought..... the first thing was me fighting Fire with Fire....

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:09 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:the first thing was me fighting Fire with Fire....

I'd rather fight fire by pissing on it, but that's just me.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:13 PM on j-body.org
Dude have you ever pissed on a fire? It smells horrible...

And the point of the post was.......... WHY ARE PEOPLE IDOLIZING THIS MAN AND ACTING LIKE HE'S A GIFT FROM GOD WHEN HE'S NOT....

He's just another dumbass politician..... that was the point....

I dont believe it was meant to be a right VS left thing.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:50 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:Dude have you ever pissed on a fire? It smells horrible...

And the point of the post was.......... WHY ARE PEOPLE IDOLIZING THIS MAN AND ACTING LIKE HE'S A GIFT FROM GOD WHEN HE'S NOT....

He's just another dumbass politician..... that was the point....

I dont believe it was meant to be a right VS left thing.

I completely agree with this.

Dont piss on a fire. I did it ONCE.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:30 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:Dude have you ever pissed on a fire? It smells horrible...

LMAO. In case you missed it, that was figuratively, not literally.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:04 AM on j-body.org
Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:32 AM on j-body.org

I did not see that post in that light. I saw it as pointing out the bias and hype that the media creates. It furthers my opinion that the media could make anyone look like a fool by creating hype and controversy over otherwise small issues, mistakes, or slip of toung or do just the oppisite by not mentioning it and reporting more favorable things.

As for the one about him taking his wife out to dinner and a play. It costs money to keep the president but safe that does not mean he should hibernate.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:11 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:As for the one about him taking his wife out to dinner and a play. It costs money to keep the president but safe that does not mean he should hibernate.

Agreed. Bush took many many vacations over his tenure, and I don't remember the media slamming him for doing that. But maybe that's because I'd rather let hulk hogan give me a rub and tug with sandpaper than watch CNN all day long.

Friday, July 17, 2009 4:51 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:

I did not see that post in that light. I saw it as pointing out the bias and hype that the media creates. It furthers my opinion that the media could make anyone look like a fool by creating hype and controversy over otherwise small issues, mistakes, or slip of toung or do just the oppisite by not mentioning it and reporting more favorable things.

As for the one about him taking his wife out to dinner and a play. It costs money to keep the president but safe that does not mean he should hibernate.

if it was geared to show how the media could create a fool out of anyone it should have pointed out remarks by diffrent people. that was without a doubt just an attack on obama. its hard to say lets end this left versus right fighting right after you post a long remark bashing the left. be kinda like walking up to a guy, slapping him in the face and then going hey lets be friends.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 17, 2009 5:10 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:if it was geared to show how the media could create a fool out of anyone it should have pointed out remarks by diffrent people. that was without a doubt just an attack on obama. its hard to say lets end this left versus right fighting right after you post a long remark bashing the left. be kinda like walking up to a guy, slapping him in the face and then going hey lets be friends.

Actually, it wasn't as much as an attack on Obama, in spite of pointing out all of the things he's done in such a short time, as it was pointing out that when you see all of those things listed, you realize that you really haven't heard much about any of them in the media, but if it were Bush, you wouldn't have been able to ignore them in the media, because they would be blasted 24/7.

This goes to the heart of the problem with public opinion these days. The majority of people, when asked their opinion on politics, will echo what the media has portrayed, when it is being portrayed with such bias that they might as well be listed as members of the DNC. And the biggest problem about this is that the people simply echoing what the media feeds to them are voting on these ideas. Numerous studies last fall proved this point. Many reporters (not of the MSM) went out and did random polling on the street, asking people specific questions about the people they were voting for, and overwhelmingly people were horribly uninformed. Some of them tricked people by swapping policies from McCain to Obama and vice-versa, and people were still voting for Obama. Why? He was glamorized in the media, and still is. I guarantee you if they reported on anything with the same fervor as they reported on Bush, Obama would have an approval rating in the teens already.

When the people stop believing what they hear and see in the news, and look for the facts, we'll be a lot better off.

Friday, July 17, 2009 5:18 AM on j-body.org
If Obama had known about an impending terrorist attack and did nothing about it. Would you have approved?

We all already know who did this.

No ones perfect, but god knows Obama is better than Bush, both of them.

Why do you all keep supporting a party that couldn't give a rats ass about you? Talking the talk and walking the walk are 2 different things.

-Chris

Friday, July 17, 2009 5:42 AM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:Why do you all keep supporting a party that couldn't give a rats ass about you? Talking the talk and walking the walk are 2 different things.

I support the people who I feel are actually working for the country's best interests, but as a general rule, when you look at every individual and evaluate their actions, most of the ones I support are Republicans. I also support what the Republican party was founded on, and I want to see it's members get back to that, as they did 15 years ago. I want to see the ones who have only been working in their own best interest removed from office next election.

However, what I really would like to see happen, is for the people who keep falling for the feel-good rhetoric of the Democrats to see what their motives really are, and that is control. The more dependant on them people are, the less free they are, but the majority of people don't see it.

Friday, July 17, 2009 8:37 AM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:If Obama had known about an impending terrorist attack and did nothing about it. Would you have approved?

No ones perfect, but God knows o(S)bama is better than Bush, both of them.

Why do you all keep supporting a party that couldn't give a rats ass about you? Talking the talk and walking the walk are 2 different things.

Did he "KnOW" like the people of louisiana "KNEW" about the huracaine?

LOL

Chris

Monday, July 20, 2009 1:25 PM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:If Obama had known about an impending terrorist attack and did nothing about it. Would you have approved?

so it takes a group of what 5-6 guys about 9 months of investigation and pouring thru every item that came thru the cia and fbi etc etc etc to determine hey. we knew about this. and you want to assume that bush should have known about it and stopped it? the us gets threats every single day and 99.999% of them dont pan out.

Monday, July 20, 2009 9:34 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

so it takes a group of what 5-6 guys about 9 months of investigation and pouring thru every item that came thru the cia and fbi etc etc etc to determine hey. we knew about this. and you want to assume that bush should have known about it and stopped it? the us gets threats every single day and 99.999% of them dont pan out.
it's interesting you know - that Obama can not (in July of the first year of his term) blame the current state of affairs - of something as slow to respond as the economy - on what he was handed to him (although that talk started IMMEDIATELY), yet Bush can't be blamed for failures in the fast-moving world of intelligence for what happened in September of the the first year of his presidency - after all that is Clinton's fault.

If no successful terrorist attacks occur here for the next 2 months - Obama will have beaten Bush's record on this matter and Cheney can shut up already. I'm not surprised that Bush didn't see it coming though - he spent so much of his pre-9/11 presidency on vacation that I doubt he had his finger on the pulse of much of any American or world events. Whether your like or hate what Obama has done and is doing - you can't argue that the man isn't keeping himself busy.

IamRascal wrote:Why do you all keep supporting a party that couldn't give a rats ass about you? Talking the talk and walking the walk are 2 different things.
While you are 100% correct about Republican politicians not giving a rat's ass about their base aside from pandering for their votes - couldn't you say that about the Democrats too? Yep, you can and you should because its true. Both sides eat the pandering up like its going out of style.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:14 AM on j-body.org
why can't we blame obama on the econemy. everyeone was quick to blame bush for the econemy when he got in office even though the recession was well on his way before he was even sworn in everyone was blaming him. so why can't obama get the blame? is it right, nope, but most people dont seem to really be concerned with what is right or wrong.

as far as bush, sure the fbi and cia report to him but i doubt he sits there everyday and tells them which bad guys to go hunt down or which cardboard box to look under to find them. stopping those guys should fall under the field of the fbi or cia. not the guy in the white house.

as far as obama keeping busy, i can spend the day punching babies to keep myself busy, but that doesnt mean im making a change for the good.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:39 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

Obama is being crucified.. by right winged media. EVEN John Stewart and Steven Colbert got a hold of this. (The DVD's story.)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:35 PM on j-body.org
LOL. "Right-wing" media is telling the truth, not spraying rhetoric 24/7. The mainstream, which is pretty much in the back pocket of Obama, is still trying to hold up his image, and they are the ones who would have crucified Bush for such things, but won't report much at all when their savior does it.

The majority of the news you turn on, whether it's TV, radio, or even most internet news sites, is liberal, and bashed the ever-living sh!t out of Bush for things they have either ignored with Obama, or in some cases even praised him for.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search