King George W still in the news - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: King George W still in the news
Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:53 AM on j-body.org
Hey lets talk about how @!#$ty a job the savior obama is doing cause that is here and now. Bush is old news! He is gone. Sooooo lets move on okay?

Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 4:58 AM on j-body.org
liked how you mentioned gm tabs. you know. one of those companies whre the ceo's get jets and the little man gets scrwed.

wait the little man gets screwed? not for gm workes, even thos workers that are losing their jobs get great outcome. just read a nice article about a married couple whos plant was closing, they were going "what do we do now" " how will we survive" then near the end of the article it mentions that both husband and wife are eligible to recieve $45k each when the plant closes. so these two are sitting there complaining about getting fired and getting roughly a 100 grand in their pocket, if i got fired today or my company closed id walk out the door with whatever i could steal and empty pokets and these two were complaining about 100 grand.





owners, ceo's vice presidents should get the big bucks, their running the company. to many people in this country beleive they are entitled to make what these guys do when sorry, if your working the line screwing in a bolt, your not entitled to tons of money. your decisions dont possibly effect thousands of people and millions of dollars.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 7:32 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

liked how you mentioned gm tabs. you know. one of those companies whre the ceo's get jets and the little man gets scrwed.

wait the little man gets screwed? not for gm workes, even thos workers that are losing their jobs get great outcome. just read a nice article about a married couple whos plant was closing, they were going "what do we do now" " how will we survive" then near the end of the article it mentions that both husband and wife are eligible to recieve $45k each when the plant closes. so these two are sitting there complaining about getting fired and getting roughly a 100 grand in their pocket, if i got fired today or my company closed id walk out the door with whatever i could steal and empty pokets and these two were complaining about 100 grand.

owners, ceo's vice presidents should get the big bucks, their running the company. to many people in this country beleive they are entitled to make what these guys do when sorry, if your working the line screwing in a bolt, your not entitled to tons of money. your decisions dont possibly effect thousands of people and millions of dollars.


I totally agree that GM workers make way too much damn money for the kind of work they do. However, at the same time it's possible to go too far the opposite way. Remember the Robber Barons of the late 19th century? They had to break up their companies because they were so rich that technically they were more powerful than the US Government.

Imagine two or three dozen guys like Bill Gates, only with 4-5 times his wealth and power, and you can imagine how "fair" things would be. Hell, Henry Ford banned smiling (Yes, you read that right) on his assembly lines.

Also, let's be honest, the guys who run GM don't exactly do it too damn well do they? If the only way you can make money is by having a monopoly and lying and cheating, then you're not exactly Mr Genius here. It's like Royalty, where ability to lead is low on the list as long as you have a penis and are the official kid of the King.

Mindless communism rewards bad workers, mindless capitalism rewards bad leaders. Soo.... there's a middle ground here.



Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 10:06 AM on j-body.org
i agree its possible to go to far. and for that point thats what unions were good for. getting decent wages and good working conditions, not for sucking every last dime out of the companies they work for.


and i never really said the higher ups were doing a great job at gm either, was just stating that i think the people that make the billion dollar decisions should be making the most money and that those doing mindless work shouldnt be making a ton of money. everyone should be paid for what their worth. but people just always want to lynch the owners and ceo's of companies because they make the big bucks.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 10:59 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

If Wire taping kept another 9-11 from going down is bad....

How should he have done it Oh so mighty one?


Chris



"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
"Benjamin Franklin



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 12:04 PM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

If Wire taping kept another 9-11 from going down is bad....

How should he have done it Oh so mighty one?


Chris



"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
"Benjamin Franklin





"those who get a bit of saftey might not be dead"




"me







lol


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: King George W still in the news
Friday, July 24, 2009 2:28 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

people that make the billion dollar decisions should be making the most money and that those doing mindless work shouldnt be making a ton of money. everyone should be paid for what their worth. but people just always want to lynch the owners and ceo's of companies because they make the big bucks.

maybe we should start a new axiom

milliion dollar decisions equal million dollar pay
dollar decisions equal dollar pay

thats the best way to put it IMO

Knoxfire Esquire wrote:



I totally agree that GM workers make way too much damn money for the kind of work they do. However, at the same time it's possible to go too far the opposite way. Remember the Robber Barons of the late 19th century? They had to break up their companies because they were so rich that technically they were more powerful than the US Government.

thats a completely different argument. i hate seeing people punished or penalized for doing well in business (or anything else for that matter). but at the same time, at some point sometimes you do have to "kill the monster" to protect the greater good. but none of that is what we're talking about atm
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:


Hell, Henry Ford banned smiling (Yes, you read that right) on his assembly lines.

i see nothing wrong with this. yes, it is probably overkill and stupid, but its also his company and he should be able to do whatever he wants with it as long as he isnt breaking laws or infringing on the civil or human rights (which didnt even exist in those days) of his employees. that isnt an example of how strong his company was or how much influence he had because any business could have implemented a policy like that back in those days.
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:



Mindless communism rewards bad workers, mindless capitalism rewards bad leaders. Soo.... there's a middle ground here.

im not sure how mindless capitalism rewards bad leaders. capitalism rewards those who do the best--its economic darwinism at work. when the govt steps in and bails out companies that are failing, THATS the reward for bad leaders.




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search