Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Friday, August 21, 2009 9:32 AM on j-body.org
The incident doesn't surprise me one bit, what surprises me, that it is out.
Gotta love fear tactics huh.

Read it all here.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Monday, August 24, 2009 2:58 PM on j-body.org
so a few people didnt feel it was nessicary to raise the level and a few other people felt it wasn't needed and they had a vigours debate about it? is this really news. hell if thats the case half the construction meetings i sit in are apprently fear tactics as well.

the democrats screamed for the whole terror level system in the first place demanding the public know when there was a threat. imagine the backlash the goverment would have recieved if something would have happened and the goverment would have gone. well we got the threat but didnt feel it was good enough to warrant raising the level. all hell would have broken loose.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:42 PM on j-body.org
You're actually defending these actions, I thought you were better than this.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:49 AM on j-body.org
never said i was defending them, was just stating that something like this could be taken in a couple of ways. one persons "fear tactic" is just another persons strong belief.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:03 PM on j-body.org
And the so called "strong belief" was conviniently placed right before the election, oddly one of the candidates platform was on homeland security. Sounds to me like "crying wolf" to win elections at DC's expense.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:17 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

And the so called "strong belief" was conviniently placed right before the election, oddly one of the candidates platform was on homeland security. Sounds to me like "crying wolf" to win elections at DC's expense.



so then i guess then bush gave osama binladen a call on the batphone and told him to send out a tape on a certain date so they could raise the threat level right at the election???


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:14 AM on j-body.org
NO Tom Ridge got a call from whom ever... TOLD to raise the threat level. This is a plain and simple fact laid out. Period.



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:29 AM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:

NO Tom Ridge got a call from whom ever... TOLD to raise the threat level. This is a plain and simple fact laid out. Period.



uh did you read what gm posted, it told about how they had heated discussions about wether they should raise it or not.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:40 AM on j-body.org
To bad the White House didn't raise any threat level within government in Summer 2001. And yes, the color system was not there, but computers, faxes, and phones were.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:52 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

To bad the White House didn't raise any threat level within government in Summer 2001. And yes, the color system was not there, but computers, faxes, and phones were.




if you want to go that route we could also say to bad clinton didn't take bin laden out when he attacked the uss cole.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:17 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

To bad the White House didn't raise any threat level within government in Summer 2001. And yes, the color system was not there, but computers, faxes, and phones were.




if you want to go that route we could also say to bad clinton didn't take bin laden out when he attacked the uss cole.


You have to look at that FROM his perspective back then.

1. He had no idea of 911. NO ONE DID !
2. HOW does it look when you launch a cruise missile into another country.... YOU can't just go and lob a missile anywhere you please....Especially a country so close to Russia. THERE are to many angles on why it never happen.



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:43 AM on j-body.org
so your saying attacking one of our warships and killing what was it 15-20 of our soildiers isn't worth going after????? dude i know your not american but i know if some guy came over and killed a few dozen canadians id be all for your guys going and taking a group of terrorist out.

my point was you could go back even further then clinton if you wanted and find someone who should have probalby done something before hand. they new about osama wayyyyyy before bush was in office. but he takes all the blame because he was in office at the time.like he went over there himself and poked osama in the eye with a stick.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:31 AM on j-body.org
Clinton had numerous chances to take out both Sadam and Osama, but he never did. He was to busy playing golf.



Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:04 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

so your saying attacking one of our warships and killing what was it 15-20 of our soildiers isn't worth going after????? dude i know your not american but i know if some guy came over and killed a few dozen canadians id be all for your guys going and taking a group of terrorist out.

my point was you could go back even further then clinton if you wanted and find someone who should have probalby done something before hand. they new about osama wayyyyyy before bush was in office. but he takes all the blame because he was in office at the time.like he went over there himself and poked osama in the eye with a stick.


17 Sailors were lost. AND it was in October of 2000... IF I remember correctly.. CLINTON was 2 months away from leaving office....... AT this point Osama Bin Laden had not masterminded any plots to kill Americans yet. No one knew what he was capable of. Get your facts straight.



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:38 AM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

so your saying attacking one of our warships and killing what was it 15-20 of our soildiers isn't worth going after????? dude i know your not american but i know if some guy came over and killed a few dozen canadians id be all for your guys going and taking a group of terrorist out.

my point was you could go back even further then clinton if you wanted and find someone who should have probalby done something before hand. they new about osama wayyyyyy before bush was in office. but he takes all the blame because he was in office at the time.like he went over there himself and poked osama in the eye with a stick.


17 Sailors were lost. AND it was in October of 2000... IF I remember correctly.. CLINTON was 2 months away from leaving office....... AT this point Osama Bin Laden had not masterminded any plots to kill Americans yet. No one knew what he was capable of. Get your facts straight.


Clinton signed a directive authorizing the CIA to apprehend Osama and bring him to the United States to stand trial after the 1998 United States embassy bombings.

Not to mention he was connected with many other incidents dating back to the late 70's - early 80's.





Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:45 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

Short Hand wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

so your saying attacking one of our warships and killing what was it 15-20 of our soildiers isn't worth going after????? dude i know your not american but i know if some guy came over and killed a few dozen canadians id be all for your guys going and taking a group of terrorist out.

my point was you could go back even further then clinton if you wanted and find someone who should have probalby done something before hand. they new about osama wayyyyyy before bush was in office. but he takes all the blame because he was in office at the time.like he went over there himself and poked osama in the eye with a stick.


17 Sailors were lost. AND it was in October of 2000... IF I remember correctly.. CLINTON was 2 months away from leaving office....... AT this point Osama Bin Laden had not masterminded any plots to kill Americans yet. No one knew what he was capable of. Get your facts straight.


Clinton signed a directive authorizing the CIA to apprehend Osama and bring him to the United States to stand trial after the 1998 United States embassy bombings.

Not to mention he was connected with many other incidents dating back to the late 70's - early 80's.


Thanks for proving my point ! AND He did not come up onto anyone's radar until the 80's with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan when he answered the Muslim worlds call for Jihad on the USSR.



My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:36 AM on j-body.org
Actually he just proved your point wrong.



Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:38 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

To bad the White House didn't raise any threat level within government in Summer 2001. And yes, the color system was not there, but computers, faxes, and phones were.




if you want to go that route we could also say to bad clinton didn't take bin laden out when he attacked the uss cole.


But Clinton didn't run on a platform of homeland security for 1992 or 1996 to then scare voters that you'll be safer with him.
Big difference.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:08 PM on j-body.org
ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?




so shorthand he was two months from leaving office so that means anyone who kills our soldiers gets a get out of jail free pass? come on, come up with something better then that. we could go back a little further to the first wtc bombing which i believe they linked osama to as well. and i'd consider our men serving our country to be americans.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Friday, August 28, 2009 9:31 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?

Not really, it's more like don't cry wolf to win elections.




THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Friday, August 28, 2009 10:37 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?

Not really, it's more like don't cry wolf to win elections.

You mean, like the guy you voted for, and who you think is doing a good job?

You ooze hypocrisy with every post you make, which is purely ironic, given your predilection for throwing the word on others.







Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Monday, August 31, 2009 9:58 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?

Not really, it's more like don't cry wolf to win elections.



by crying wolf are you referring to the threat level alert system? which the democrats demanded? and then when they got what they wanted they cried it was being used as a fear tactic?


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Monday, August 31, 2009 12:10 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?

Not really, it's more like don't cry wolf to win elections.



by crying wolf are you referring to the threat level alert system? which the democrats demanded? and then when they got what they wanted they cried it was being used as a fear tactic?

Looks like it flew over your head on the convenient timing, especially when it was not needed.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Tom Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004
Monday, August 31, 2009 2:56 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

ahhhh so since he didnt run on a platform of security we should assume that anyone who attacks us will go free?

Not really, it's more like don't cry wolf to win elections.



by crying wolf are you referring to the threat level alert system? which the democrats demanded? and then when they got what they wanted they cried it was being used as a fear tactic?

Looks like it flew over your head on the convenient timing, especially when it was not needed.




hindsight is great, its easty to say the raised threat wasn't needed after the fact. kinda like trying to claim im psychic because i can predict who won the 2005 super bowl. imagine the backlash that would have happened if something would have happened and they had decided to not raise the threat level. better to err on caution then to not change it and be wrong. as for the timing. again, osama came out with the video tape at that time and they raised the alert level at that time.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search