Looks like im eating at Wendys on road trips - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Looks like im eating at Wendys on road trips
Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:27 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:I don't see much difference between inner city ghettos and backwood trailer parks. The same type of people live in both. The only difference is the depth of their tans.
True that. My residency qualifies me as "trailer trash" myself. I know I'm inviting comments along the line of "that explains a few things." But I won't be offended.

I think the main difference between the two areas here (ghettos and backwood) is You know what its like to EARN a honest days pay, Not a government hand out......

And its not there fault, if you carried a child until till age of 15, then expected it to walk, should you be surprised if it cant? Same goes for getting welfare, and then wanting them to go out and work.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, September 14, 2009 9:40 AM on j-body.org
welfare was designed to keep people on wellfare , it wasnt designed to help people sucseed in life.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, September 14, 2009 10:22 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:we are all "equal"---unless you are a white male that isnt on government assistance.

best post of the thread.

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:32 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:welfare was designed to keep people on wellfare , it wasnt designed to help people sucseed in life.

More Profiling...(my Job as a MP.)

And where dose that Said Demographic usually vote, because they keep getting the handouts?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, September 19, 2009 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:I have a theory on this, and it's based on observations of a few underprivileged people I've seen try to do something with themselves, and some of the personal struggles they've faced.

A large part of the problem in the poverty stricken, crime-ridden black neighborhoods is that when someone tries to get out via staying clean and working hard, they end up fighting with the ones who haven't. They are ridiculed and trashed for "selling out" or "turning their back on their neighborhood" for trying to better themselves rather than going with the flow. Sometimes it's the culture which feeds on it's own, not "whitey trying to keep 'em down."

There's actually even a term for this...it's called the "Crab Bucket Syndrome". The metaphor is that if you have a bucket of crabs, the ones that try to climb out of the top are pulled back in by the ones below. It's a persistent social phenomenon in such inner-city environments, and glorification of Gangsta culture just perpetuates it.

Back in the 70's, many black people were attempting to lift themselves out of their circumstances by adopting the culture and speech of the American majority, which by no racist aspect just happened to be white. One can see it in the television and movies and news clips of that era. Between then and now, militant and extreme black influences convinced the blacks that somehow, abandoning their "street culture" and "acting white" was to their detriment, not their gain. What a crime has been perpetrated here. As if "abandoning" a culture of inadequate education, government dependence, broken families, crime and abuse has anything at all to do with their actual Ethnic African heritage, and as if adopting the culture of the nation's more affluent majority is not in their own best interests.

While we've moved forward in many ways, this is definitely one area where we've lost a lot of ground. I hope it turns back in the right direction soon.

DISCLAIMER: Lest anyone be offfended by these words, I grew up in a poor inner-city neighborhood. I indeed have "street cred", and I am an example of what hard work and belief in America's Dream can result in, no matter what my color. And yes, I voted for Obama, even though I'm a right-leaning centrist. I'm not alone...the McCain ticket was weak, and weighed down by Bush's unpopular presidency. It was indeed time for a change, if only to instigate dialogue and encourage real debate.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:28 PM on j-body.org
Got more in that ticket then "Change we will not define" hey?

Chris

Sunday, September 20, 2009 9:53 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Got more in that ticket then "Change we will not define" hey?

Chris

Ya..... im really not liking the way this administration is going....

Although I do find it annoying that EVERY thread in here gets skewed into that argument LOL

Monday, September 21, 2009 6:35 AM on j-body.org
They are making drastic moves while they think they have a popular mandate to do so. I don't think anyone should be surprised, really...this is always the way a new party comes to power.

Come out swinging to cement your agenda, take immediate and extreme action because you only have so much time before you get shown the door. Bush did it too back in 2001-2002, and was only was re-elected because he seemed to suck slightly less than Kerry. Man, that was one waste of an election...

Monday, September 21, 2009 11:46 AM on j-body.org
Any black person with 2 brain cells should be offended that some fast food joint is posturing as their savior. They should just change their slogan to "We can fix your munchies, oh and the black community too." McDonalds kisses black ass because they know they're not going to lose any white business because of it. Of course, the opposite is not true.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search