There's a smell of something like fire in the air - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 12:14 PM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:

J03Y wrote:

Blackeco....typical left wing nutjob. Can't even make a logical statement without throwing out the race card. Is that really the only way the left has that they think can sway people? Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf? Say it once, it has meaning. Repeat it over and over and people tend not to get the message. I encourage the left to keep spewing that crap, because it's only a matter of time until it backfires.



Another idiot calling me a liberal. LOL Go read some of my posts.



I've read many of your posts. My comment stands.

But thanks for jumping to name calling......as the left always does







Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 12:15 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

BlackEco wrote:

J03Y wrote:

Blackeco....typical left wing nutjob. Can't even make a logical statement without throwing out the race card. Is that really the only way the left has that they think can sway people? Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf? Say it once, it has meaning. Repeat it over and over and people tend not to get the message. I encourage the left to keep spewing that crap, because it's only a matter of time until it backfires.



Another idiot calling me a liberal. LOL Go read some of my posts.



I've read many of your posts. My comment stands.

But thanks for jumping to name calling......as the left always does


Damn right. Socialist!


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 12:17 PM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:

Save every penny you can and stock pile gold, guns and especially ammunition, because Ammo will be first to be banned.. You'll end up far ahead of most, this system can only be run so long in its current state, collapse is inevitable and at that point the government will be powerless to stop it just like it was in the Chaos of Katrina.


It's funny you mention that. I was just mentioning to a buddy the other day how in the last 4ish months the cost of ammo is really rising, and the cost of guns is generally going down.

I think you're right on here.





Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 12:19 PM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Harrington (Faber Fiber) wrote:

If socialistic policies are voted into action by a majority via the system of democratic elections is it now a democratic policy or is it still socialism?

Socialism refers to a basic economic structure, democracy refers to the basic political structure.

The way we're going, we are going to end up essentially as a socialist republic, but that is if they do not start changing the laws regarding the manner in which laws are passed and/or government officials come to power, which I believe would be next on their agenda if they get everything they want now. Every bill they have put forth has more power in it, that people aren't paying attention to.



This is nothing new, it has been happening for the past 100 years. In case you haven't noticed we do currently live in a socialist democracy, rather than a free republic. It has been this way for quite some time since the 16th amendment and Income tax. Do you pay federal income taxes that go to fund interstate highways ? Yes, so should I call you a socialist? Maybe stop paying your income taxes and see how our "non-socialist" government responds, and that response would be nothing that just started with the Obama administration.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 12:48 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

BlackEco wrote:

Save every penny you can and stock pile gold, guns and especially ammunition, because Ammo will be first to be banned.. You'll end up far ahead of most, this system can only be run so long in its current state, collapse is inevitable and at that point the government will be powerless to stop it just like it was in the Chaos of Katrina.


It's funny you mention that. I was just mentioning to a buddy the other day how in the last 4ish months the cost of ammo is really rising, and the cost of guns is generally going down.

I think you're right on here.
Of all the stupidity I read in these posts, this is the only thing I agree with.




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 10:24 PM on j-body.org
Nobody around here has seen practice round .380acp ammo for at least 6 months. Look at the ammo shelf at walmart. Only stuff there is .22, shotgun ammo, and some hunting rifle cartridges.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Friday, September 18, 2009 11:33 PM on j-body.org
The reason the price of ammo is going up is because people are buying soo much of it...... most these people have guns.... they just think they need 30 thousand rounds for each of them......

its these people that have causes the market changes in guns and ammo..... thats it...... for now anyway..

To be honest..... Im kinda thinking of picking up a another gun and buying a large amount of ammo myself LOL.... Although I'll be smart enough to buy things that use hunting ammo... like a 12 gauge shot gun.... and a rifle that uses a common high power hunting round...... as for hand guns go..... well I should be good.

As for the left / right thing.... (I dont even remember wich is wich)

I've never considered myself a conservative per say.... but I really dislike all these liberal people so if that makes me one... then I guess I am....

I do see the anger in a lot of people in day to day life..... I feel the same way...... I dont know how many times I've heard people go off about things at work...... Our country is falling apart... and our government is just making it worse...... instead of trying to fix things..... they only talk about going green and health care wich dont matter right now..... and when they actually do something regarding the economy..... they usually do the exact opposite that they should and things just get worse...

I dont really see a revolution of any kind happening because people are just a bunch stupid angry pussies when is comes to the masses....... but I do feel that the president has angered a fair amount of people and if the trend keeps escalating..... that another assassination may at least me attempted...... and before you say im crazy.... I personally know a few people that want to see him dead... I'm not making stuff up.... although if it did happen.... the government would just think up some BS reason to take more of our freedoms away and use it as an excuse...

Personally... Im so tired of day to day life and the way the world is..... that I dont even want to do it anymore..... hell the only reason I'm here typing right now is because suicide isnt in my nature (im a fighter)..... but I dont even like to go outdoors any more because im so tired of society... and when I start thinking about what the government is doing and the way the world is and why.... it just makes things worse.... and I become more angry and fed up.






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:09 PM on j-body.org
smells like 1775.

As long as things play out as they did back then (except france...fa-uck france)

I am ok with it.


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 2:26 PM on j-body.org
heh. Yes, can't wait to see our citizens with handguns and "assault rifles" taking on armed battallions. Somehow, I don't think the outcome will be quite like the Revolutionary War...





Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:14 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

heh. Yes, can't wait to see our citizens with handguns and "assault rifles" taking on armed battallions. Somehow, I don't think the outcome will be quite like the Revolutionary War...


If @!#$ ever actually hit the fan and catalyzed into some kind of Red Dawn scenario there are a lot of things working in the citizenry's favor despite being poorly trained and ill-equiped.

Every soldier in the military has swore to uphold the U.S. constitution. I guess well find out which is more important if it ever comes down to it; paychecks for worthless U.S. currency or honour.

1) Much of the mechanized forces are currently over seas fighting, it takes a good amount of time to re-mobilize these troops. This isn't going to change anytime soon unless we get someone like Ron Paul elected who is a non-interventionalist.
2) Not all the troops are going to fight again fellow citizens, desertion rates will be high and the cohesiveness of the command structure will fall apart.
3) Anti-government hackers will cripple the modern communication systems which allow federal goons to rapidly respond.
4) Military leaders on the side of the resistance will help train militias and familiarize them with weapon systems procured from government storage facilities.
5) Not all the states are going to be onboard with the federal government, some will recall their guards and use them enforce state sovereignty and restore local order.


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Wow, you ever hear any static on your phone line? I bet the NSA would love to "pick your brain" a bit

All kidding aside, you've definitely put more effort into this than I. I do not mean that in a disparaging way. I suppose I am too idealistic to have given it much thought, but you state some good points. I suppose there's quite a growing database of this type of thought out there these days. I'm not yet sure if that's a good or bad thing.






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 4:25 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Wow, you ever hear any static on your phone line? I bet the NSA would love to "pick your brain" a bit

All kidding aside, you've definitely put more effort into this than I. I do not mean that in a disparaging way. I suppose I am too idealistic to have given it much thought, but you state some good points. I suppose there's quite a growing database of this type of thought out there these days. I'm not yet sure if that's a good or bad thing.


Hey the Founding Fathers all had their names on a list too !


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:33 PM on j-body.org
My Oath is to the Constitution... I Will see it served.

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:51 PM on j-body.org
I've always thought about how the military being so technologically advanced over civilians also.... but I started really thinking about it.....

I highly doubt that the united states will bomb itself..... that just wouldn't make any sense..... instead.... they would go into communities and try to weed out the people fighting.....

We would be rebels to them...... and if you really think about it..... that wouldn't be a whole lot different than whats going on in Iraq and those people are causing our military seriouse problems....

When it comes down to it...... an M16 isnt much better than your average hunting rifle..... so if enough people fought.... we could hold our ground...... but its not going to happen...






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 12:06 AM on j-body.org
if a revolution/civil war ever started, i'd be the first to sign up for the rebel forces lol




Check out my build thread!

Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 5:05 AM on j-body.org
The people that are doing this were voted in by a majority, so i would guess that is what the majority of the people want. I truly believe this country is center-left. That is probably because most of the people I associate with are liberals, but most conservatives feel it is a center-right country because most of the people they associate with are conservative. So it is really hard to judge since most people interact with people that have similar ideals. The next election will be a very interesting one, either this is a center-left country and will be proven by the Dems holding their seats in congress (because the majority of people believe this is the direction the government should be heading) or it is a center-right country and the Repubs will regain their lost seats (because this last election was swayed because people were just tired of the Bush policies), interesting indeed.




but a peson can also be voted in and not do what the majority of elected officials desireds. not saying this is happening in this case. i think the biggest thing for obama will be the econemy. if its still in the dumpers he will have a very hard time getting elected. if it gets allot better wether it was fixed by him or the market just naturally corrects itself it will be a good battle. and he will probalby have a good shot.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 12:30 PM on j-body.org
I'll lay an interesting one on y'all...

Now, for the sake of argument, let's say the nation is split evenly down the middle, with half left-leaning and half right-leaning. I'd say this is about true, and has been for years, based on election results and Congress as well as the Presidency swinging back and forth between our two parties.

With this in mind, let's also presume that the overwhelming majority of young voters swing left. Again, the polls support this, as do our institutions of higher learning, which basically teach liberalism if only through peer pressure and association. This has been true for decades now, since the 1960's anyway, perhaps longer.

So, there's a very interesting thing that happens as people age and gain life experience...they swing right. How do we know this? Simple math, really...if the majority of young are left, then the majority of old must be right in order for the entire population to end up split down the middle left and right. And no, this is not a recent phenomenon...the very people who epitomized the Hippie far-left movement of the 60's are today's older voters who swing hard to the right.

What does this all mean? Well, it seems to strongly suggest that as people gain life experience and see the Big Picture, they begin to realize that reality is a motherfcuker, and that a starry-eyed everyone's-entitled-to-help psychology just doesn't play in the real world, if only because there just isn't enough money to pay for it all.

Life's a bitch! It just takes a while to realize it.






Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:01 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I'll lay an interesting one on y'all...

Now, for the sake of argument, let's say the nation is split evenly down the middle, with half left-leaning and half right-leaning. I'd say this is about true, and has been for years, based on election results and Congress as well as the Presidency swinging back and forth between our two parties.

With this in mind, let's also presume that the overwhelming majority of young voters swing left. Again, the polls support this, as do our institutions of higher learning, which basically teach liberalism if only through peer pressure and association. This has been true for decades now, since the 1960's anyway, perhaps longer.

So, there's a very interesting thing that happens as people age and gain life experience...they swing right. How do we know this? Simple math, really...if the majority of young are left, then the majority of old must be right in order for the entire population to end up split down the middle left and right. And no, this is not a recent phenomenon...the very people who epitomized the Hippie far-left movement of the 60's are today's older voters who swing hard to the right.

What does this all mean? Well, it seems to strongly suggest that as people gain life experience and see the Big Picture, they begin to realize that reality is a motherfcuker, and that a starry-eyed everyone's-entitled-to-help psychology just doesn't play in the real world, if only because there just isn't enough money to pay for it all.

Life's a bitch! It just takes a while to realize it.


Damn dude, just awesome.




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:01 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I'll lay an interesting one on y'all...

Now, for the sake of argument, let's say the nation is split evenly down the middle, with half left-leaning and half right-leaning. I'd say this is about true, and has been for years, based on election results and Congress as well as the Presidency swinging back and forth between our two parties.

With this in mind, let's also presume that the overwhelming majority of young voters swing left. Again, the polls support this, as do our institutions of higher learning, which basically teach liberalism if only through peer pressure and association. This has been true for decades now, since the 1960's anyway, perhaps longer.

So, there's a very interesting thing that happens as people age and gain life experience...they swing right. How do we know this? Simple math, really...if the majority of young are left, then the majority of old must be right in order for the entire population to end up split down the middle left and right. And no, this is not a recent phenomenon...the very people who epitomized the Hippie far-left movement of the 60's are today's older voters who swing hard to the right.

What does this all mean? Well, it seems to strongly suggest that as people gain life experience and see the Big Picture, they begin to realize that reality is a motherfcuker, and that a starry-eyed everyone's-entitled-to-help psychology just doesn't play in the real world, if only because there just isn't enough money to pay for it all.

Life's a bitch! It just takes a while to realize it.


very true, i've told that to multiple people and they refuse to believe it.



Check out my build thread!

Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:58 PM on j-body.org
I agree with that also..



and just because I cant resist....

Quote:

if a revolution/civil war ever started, i'd be the first to sign up for the rebel forces lol



Damn straight... I dont wanna be on the death star when it explodes... LOL

But im with ya on that..





Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Monday, September 21, 2009 4:45 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I'll lay an interesting one on y'all...

Now, for the sake of argument, let's say the nation is split evenly down the middle, with half left-leaning and half right-leaning. I'd say this is about true, and has been for years, based on election results and Congress as well as the Presidency swinging back and forth between our two parties.

With this in mind, let's also presume that the overwhelming majority of young voters swing left. Again, the polls support this, as do our institutions of higher learning, which basically teach liberalism if only through peer pressure and association. This has been true for decades now, since the 1960's anyway, perhaps longer.

So, there's a very interesting thing that happens as people age and gain life experience...they swing right. How do we know this? Simple math, really...if the majority of young are left, then the majority of old must be right in order for the entire population to end up split down the middle left and right. And no, this is not a recent phenomenon...the very people who epitomized the Hippie far-left movement of the 60's are today's older voters who swing hard to the right.

What does this all mean? Well, it seems to strongly suggest that as people gain life experience and see the Big Picture, they begin to realize that reality is a motherfcuker, and that a starry-eyed everyone's-entitled-to-help psychology just doesn't play in the real world, if only because there just isn't enough money to pay for it all.

Life's a bitch! It just takes a while to realize it.




no arguments from me on that one.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Monday, September 21, 2009 11:47 AM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:


I meant it seems obvious this is a huge motivating factor in the hatred towards Obama. Of all the signs you see at the Tea Parties a majority of the signs are directed towards Obama with some sort of defaming characterture. ........ then why didn't they feel this way 7 years ago? The fact is they didn't because it wasn't until a black man came to office that they put down the remote and got off their lazy a5ses

people's anger and ire are being directed at the figurehead of our country--the position, not the man. when people protested and made fun of bush for the past 8 years, do you think it was because he was white? if you say no, then why do you all of a sudden draw the conclusion that when the same thing happens to our current president, that its racist? the same acts are being committed, yet one is considered to be racist and one isnt.

its simply BS liberal spin used to try and divert attention from the real problems and to try and garner favor with the dim witted who are too dense to see through such childish charades.




Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Monday, September 21, 2009 6:13 PM on j-body.org
Not the man, nor the office....

But the ACTIONS that are being taken by the Federal Government.

Chris



"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:19 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:

BlackEco wrote:


I meant it seems obvious this is a huge motivating factor in the hatred towards Obama. Of all the signs you see at the Tea Parties a majority of the signs are directed towards Obama with some sort of defaming characterture. ........ then why didn't they feel this way 7 years ago? The fact is they didn't because it wasn't until a black man came to office that they put down the remote and got off their lazy a5ses

people's anger and ire are being directed at the figurehead of our country--the position, not the man. when people protested and made fun of bush for the past 8 years, do you think it was because he was white? if you say no, then why do you all of a sudden draw the conclusion that when the same thing happens to our current president, that its racist? the same acts are being committed, yet one is considered to be racist and one isnt.

its simply BS liberal spin used to try and divert attention from the real problems and to try and garner favor with the dim witted who are too dense to see through such childish charades.


ORLY?

Let's take a look at some of the signs....














Really so your telling me for a lot of these people it is not a race issue? The fact is these racist idiots have hi-jacked the entire message (at least this is the way it appears in plain site to ordinary folks.) If there ever was a message about freedom and liberty it has now been lost thanks to these morons. They have tainted the entire "Tea Party" Movement which originally started by Ron Paul supporters long before BO was even elected.

This would not have happened if we had strong intellectual leaders in the Republican party. This is the result of the base of the the party which is ignorant to the meaning of true Freedom and Liberty, as well as the vision of founding fathers. These so called "republicans" who have been lounging on their arm chairs the past 8 years lended support to snakes like Joe "The Fake" Plumber and Sarah Palin. Having these false idols in the Liberty movement is completely counter productive.




___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: There's a smell of something like fire in the air
Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:33 PM on j-body.org
quite frankly, all you and/or the msm are doing is taking a few ignorant racists and trying to play it off like they are the majority, when in fact they are the very small minority. the greater portion of people who dislike obama do so because of his politics, not his skin color. i suppose you forgot how they called and characterized bush as a monkey for 8 years too. but now when they call obama the same thing, there is suddenly an extra connotation in there?





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search