Joe Wilson: "THAT'S A LIE!" - should he be punished? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Joe Wilson: "THAT'S A LIE!" - should he be punished?
Friday, September 18, 2009 5:04 AM on j-body.org
inskeep most be a racist then.

think most of my problem with the whole healthcare deal is people go, if your not for obamas plan then your against healthcare and you dont care, when in reality most of us just go hey, we know the healthcare industry is broken why dont we work on fixing that instead of just adding this huge other issue on top of it. kinda like if you owned a house and it was just too small for your family and it has a badly cracked foundation. one group just wants to add onto the house and the other group is going, hey why dont we fix the foundation before we expand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Friday, September 18, 2009 6:02 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:think most of my problem with the whole healthcare deal is people go, if your not for obamas plan then your against healthcare and you dont care, when in reality most of us just go hey, we know the healthcare industry is broken why dont we work on fixing that instead of just adding this huge other issue on top of it. kinda like if you owned a house and it was just too small for your family and it has a badly cracked foundation. one group just wants to add onto the house and the other group is going, hey why dont we fix the foundation before we expand.

Exactly! I was having a good discussion with someone I know last night, and he was talking about some of the unethical practices of insurance companies, where someone who has been diagnosed with something that requires a very expensive round of treatments gets kicked off for a small omission or error on their original application, even if that has nothing to do with the illness (for example, it is currently legal for them to drop you over as minor of a thing as a misspelling on your application). The companies actually have someone go through the file looking for these things when they get a large claim. This is highly unethical, but my response to him was that the government could amend the rules and regulations to eliminate this loophole, and not spend any money. There are plenty of things they could do to address the actual problem of skyrocketing costs, and none of them require any major spending, or the government getting into the game.

The tactic of using the straw man argument (insinuating that the other side wants to do nothing) is bullsh!t, and people need to start seeing through it. If anyone doesn't see that the Democrats squash Republican bills and then claim the Republicans are against any reform, they're not paying attention. Just like in January when the Republicans put together a stimulus plan, and it was squashed, while Obama was on tour saying that the Republicans were getting in the way of passing a stimulus.

Friday, September 18, 2009 9:36 AM on j-body.org
thats part of the other deal as well. you will have sevearl diffrent groups all trying to come up with an answer. and instead of just going thru everything and finding out the similarites and working on finding a solution to the diffrences, they just kill it off in favor of their own. causing a bigger divide between the two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, September 18, 2009 11:06 PM on j-body.org
All this Off Topic stuff aside.....

I still dont think its really a big deal what he did...

As for the respect thing...... Just look at some of the worthless bastards that have been in power in our world..... did Hitler deserve respect just because he was a leader of a country?

Sorry for bringing up that reference... I know its extreme and out there... its just all I can really think of at the moment....

Im just saying.... regardless of your title... or what others think about you..... your still just a person..... plain and simple...

People in todays society.... just make me sick...... screw P's and Q's...... I want some mother F-ing answers for your actions...

I actually hear my brother say yesterday that the president ordered that no companies could give pay raises to their employees..... WTF... the fact people can be stupid enough to think that is another reason I want to see the world burn some days..

I'd personally like to see more people like this Joe guy..... but Im one of those people that prefer total chaos over being controlled... I have some issues,,,

Saturday, September 19, 2009 6:26 AM on j-body.org
^^^

Thank you.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search