Joe Wilson: "THAT'S A LIE!" - should he be punished? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Joe Wilson: "THAT'S A LIE!" - should he be punished?
Saturday, September 12, 2009 5:50 AM on j-body.org
With regards to Wilson lying, consider this one major difference in illegal immigrants being able to purchase health insurance under the exhange, with the government option, and them being able to purchase insurance currently from a private company:

The private company is not going to be subsidized by tax money, which the illegal immigrants do not pay.

So Wilson was not, in fact, lying. The bill that is being pushed right now would allow illegal immigrants to get lower cost health care that is subsidized by federal tax money paid by legal citizens. And Obama said the other night, as he has said in previous speeches, that it wouldn't.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:32 AM on j-body.org
Its there JOB to argue and debate the finer points of a bill\law.

Am I the only one that remembers reading in History when Fights would break out because of Congress Critters not agreeing?

And I would be willing to bet You hippies burn the flag a lot more then people speak out in congress.

I say He did his Job on capitol hill. He called him out. and the two puppet masters in back look mad.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:35 AM on j-body.org
^I don't think yelling out of ignorance is, "calling him out." Unless that is the "in" thing to do these days. I dunno.

(tabs) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
(tabs) wrote:

and as john pointed out, one person yelling "you lie" is worse than a dozen or more booing the president? where were your outraged cries for punishment then? why is it suddenly so different now?

(tabs) wrote: the outraged cries in question werent given by the democrats when the jeers were leveled at a republican. but once it happened to their fearless leader...? oh @!#$ its on now!!! and it is that hypocrisy that i felt like pointing out. you didnt make a post back in 05 asking if democratic members of congress should be punished--i checked. yet here you are today, exasperated at the action of one man accusing obama of lying. so i simply asked in my initial post, and again now,
"why the difference?"

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
(tabs) wrote:

and as john pointed out, one person yelling "you lie" is worse than a dozen or more booing the president? where were your outraged cries for punishment then? why is it suddenly so different now?

(tabs) wrote: the outraged cries in question werent given by the democrats when the jeers were leveled at a republican. but once it happened to their fearless leader...? oh @!#$ its on now!!! and it is that hypocrisy that i felt like pointing out. you didnt make a post back in 05 asking if democratic members of congress should be punished--i checked. yet here you are today, exasperated at the action of one man accusing obama of lying. so i simply asked in my initial post, and again now,
"why the difference?"

That's the same question I ask every time I see people bitching about this president, as if they never experienced any lies from a president before. Which is why I find these "tea-parties" and certain media pushing an upraise a joke.
And Tabs, I'm sure you can find better vids of Bush getting interrupted like Obama with the heckler was, because quite frankly your example was weak. Sh-it, I bet you could even find me in the background yelling bloody liar & murderer when he address the capital or nation. lol

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:So we really do live in the fu-king USSA now....

First Amendment Right PEOPLE

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did he "have" to say sorry?

FUC-K that!

I would say it's is about respect, (correct me if I'm wrong) much how you're in the military and must respect your hierarchy, I would say this holds true with what happened the other night. But that's the beauty of the first amendment, which is why Joe Wilson is not in jail or beheaded. Looks to me like the view of "live in the fu-king USSA" is a bit extreme and fanatical.

---------

On a serious note... .
Nobody mentioned that Joe Wilson was telling a lie when he yelled "lie."
The fact is, and as of now, the reform WILL NOT apply to illegal immigrants. House and Senate bills say subsidies will only apply to legal citizens. What we have today is, when illegal immigrants goes to emergency room, charges are usually paid by emergency medicaid. But one democratic bill is thinking about expanding, but like many things in this proposal, nothing is set in stone. But Robert Gibbs emphasized that the legislation that the president will sign will not cover illegal immigrants.

And with all of that being said and to answer the original question. I whole heartedly agree with this statement.
Wade Jarvis wrote:No I don't think he should be punished. I strongly believe in peoples having the right to speak their mind and in this case make a fool out of themselves. I think that right there is punishment enough.

so....wait....? are you admitting that your fearless leader is lying???? well that certainly is a start!

but the tea parties are protests against the massive SPENDING that this administration is doing. while the iraq war may have cost a lot, it pales in comparison to what obama has spent in the few months hes been in office.

and regardless of how/when/why bush was interrupted, the simple question remains: why the difference now??? neither you nor the OP has yet to answer that. why is it acceptable to have razzed bush for almost a decade, but when it is done to obama, suddenly its a sin worthy of death?

Reading > You.
And lastly, like I have been saying since those BS "Tea-Parties" started this year, where were you when Bush was spending like if there was no tomorrow? "Why the difference now???"
Do you see your double standard here?

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:43 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:And lastly, like I have been saying since those BS "Tea-Parties" started this year, where were you when Bush was spending like if there was no tomorrow? "Why the difference now???"
Do you see your double standard here?

As I have said before, while it does not make Bush's spending good, by any stretch of the imagination, the big difference is speed and scope. Also, even though it was done under Bush, the TARP bill is a driving force behind the tea parties. It was simply that, on top of TARP, we got the ARRA and an Omnibus Bill, which together added up to over a trillion in spending increases in a very short period of time, from the man who many thought was going to reduce deficit spending.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:27 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^I don't think yelling out of ignorance is, "calling him out." Unless that is the "in" thing to do these days. I dunno.

Oh?

Just look at all the "ruckus" its causing on a CAR FORUM....

I think it qualifies as a "call out".

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:50 AM on j-body.org
yes he should be punished, what he did was bull@!#$
obama was trying to explain himself after all the controversy that's been going on lately. And when he does finally try to explain his bill he get's interrupted by some moron that's too busy calling him a liar instead of letting him speak and explain a thing or two.
so once again, yes he should be punished.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 6:52 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:That is FUC_KING AWESOME!!!!!!

I love how the masters in back look upset too!

HA

More of this kind is needed!

To many "Americans" are "role over and do nothing Pusses!"

HA

Chris

I agree with this....

as for them TRYING to make him apologize.... he should tell them to shove it up their ass..... in my opinion..... the guy should have kept calling out his bull@!#$ after that instead of sitting back down...

Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:22 AM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:yes he should be punished, what he did was bull@!#$
obama was trying to explain himself after all the controversy that's been going on lately. And when he does finally try to explain his bill he get's interrupted by some moron that's too busy calling him a liar instead of letting him speak and explain a thing or two.
so once again, yes he should be punished.

Must have gotten made fun of in History class... was it in the part when there telling ya what went on in Germany in the 30's?

OHH NOOOOs He got INTERRUPTED!!!!!!!!

my FEELINGS are HURT!

cry about it some more.

lame.

Chris

Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:08 AM on j-body.org
where in there do you see crying? read the first post by the op. he said do you think he should be punished or not?
i went on to state that my vote says he should be punished and i went on to state why. how is that at all crying? because i'm one of the few people in this thread that answered what the op had intented this thread to be? or bcuz i didn't rant on about how big my e cock was?

Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

crying.

but your right, he was "trying" instead of Doing.

Chris

Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:59 PM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:where in there do you see crying? read the first post by the op. he said do you think he should be punished or not?
i went on to state that my vote says he should be punished and i went on to state why. how is that at all crying? because i'm one of the few people in this thread that answered what the op had intented this thread to be? or bcuz i didn't rant on about how big my e cock was?

so then should we be able to ban everyone who speaks out. such as a bunch of dem's booing the last president? why should we punish this guy when the last 100 people who have done it havn't you'd think if it was really a crime worth punishing it would have been done years and years ago by all the people in the past. but they didnt because its not really a crime. is it rude, yeah it is, and in poor taste, but not a crime by any means.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:41 PM on j-body.org
i never once said it was a crime, and i never once said anyone should be "banished" for speaking their minds, why do you guys keep saying that i said @!#$ that i didn't? you looking for a reason to argue? i just said he should be punished, i never said the liberals that said the same kind of @!#$ to bush during his speeches shouldn't. what's funny to me is you two have both tried to label me as some left wing nutswinger and not once have i said a thing against republicans. i simply said yes i believe he should be punished. so go ahead make up some @!#$ that you think i said in this post.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:46 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
Quote:

crying.

but your right, he was "trying" instead of Doing.

Chris

and yeah that's worth stating, bcuz what he's tried to do has been blocked, he would of done it by now if there wasn't so much ranting about how bad this bill was. once again, you say crying and i see me stating my opinion. i don't even know y i'm arguing with you, you obviously don't give a damn about people's opinions you just care about bashing people you think aren't hardcore republican nutswingers, so no offense buddy but i'm not gonna waste another post with you, sndsgood on the other hand actually sounded like he wanted to ask some questions or have a debate. you just sound like you're good at bashing people over the internet. so have fun with that.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:14 PM on j-body.org
It sounds like your crying that big brother should get you health care.

move to a nation that dose if you want that sh it.

Chris

Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:35 PM on j-body.org
i have healthcare, but thanx for bashin again buddy. you're real informative aren't you? and yeah i pay for it. goddamn you just really don't get it do you? let me guess, you were one of those idiots in the town halls waving a shot gun around huh?
btw let me clarify i have had insurance since i was 19 and paid for every month of it on my own in a trade job, which as you may or may not know hasn't been doing great in this economy. so go ahead, spout some @!#$ again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:42 PM

Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:47 PM on j-body.org
blucavvy: ok....you say he should be punished. so WHY do you think he should be punished? because he interrupted someone isnt grounds for punishment--again, its violation of parliamentary procedure, not any form of law. and then WHAT do you feel that punishment should be? and after you have decided his fate, again tell me how or why you feel that punishment fits his supposed "crime."

goodwrench: i have posted over the years about being unhappy with what bush was spending. the difference now, as you so coyly tried to put back on me, is that the spending has been TREMENDOUSLY more, in an amazingly short time frame. did bush spend TRILLIONS of dollars within his first few months in office? hell no...he was busy vacationing on his crawford ranch. yet he spent the money (not nearly as much, of course) over the course of his presidency, not within the first few months like obama.

but seriously....shall i go on about the differences in the spending of the two? we've gone over them in a few different posts already....do i really need to reiterate myself for the sake of your lack of short-term memory, or more appropriately, your voluntary forgetfulness of the stats?

Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:41 PM on j-body.org
first, this is my first post in the war forum, so no short term memory
second, once again i never once said what he did was a crime
third, i do believe he should be punished, and once again as the op stated he simply asked should he be punished?
i said yes. i don't know how, i don't care i just believe he should.that's it man. that's all i've been tryin to say with my vote in this post is i believe he should be punished for what he said.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 10:55 PM on j-body.org
ok, on a side note tabs- interrupting the president, imho is grounds for punishment when you're a senator, while he's trying to give a speech defending a bill that he's trying to push through the house and senate. Especially when he's been given nothing but @!#$ and "mudslinging"(i know it's out of place, but how else do i describe it?) from the opposite party?so yes interrupting someone a crime? no. but interrupting the president? call it a free country, but imho it's just bull@!#$ to do that to someone who was elected into office with a majority vote "of the people"(not the senate), while he's trying to defend/explain his bill.

Monday, September 14, 2009 4:47 AM on j-body.org
well you felt he should be punished. to be punished it would really need to be a crime so i assumed you thought it was illegal.... what do you want to do have his mom spank him? its' not a crime so he can't really be punished. and i wasn't trying to paint you as left of anything, i was just saying that if it was a punishable offence it would have happened in the past to allot of other people. but it hasn't happened so its apparently not something you get punished for.

and on a side note dude you are extremely easily offended. i just stated my responce and you got all bent out of shape. it's the war forum. people are going to disagree with you. if you get that upset about it you might want to stick to the off topic area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, September 14, 2009 5:54 AM on j-body.org
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:I guess no one remembers the '05 State of the Union Address???

double standards for the anointed one. imagine that.

Monday, September 14, 2009 6:49 AM on j-body.org
wrong? yes/maybe punishable offense not hardily, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
there is mention of Bush being boo'd and no one cared, matter of fact the media rejoiced. in the grand scheme of things if we really take an objective look at Bush's term as President, we can clearly see how much of an idiot he is/was, all of the good things that Clinton had accomplished he undid (for the most part), we witnessed how his decisions and his regime set us up for the mess we are in now. so regardless of the person to follow him this was to be expected because of how jacked up everything got. the public was outraged with all that Bush had done even the right wingers at one point grew tired of him, while I may not agree with Obama, I can say hey the man is trying.

"I've got veins, that carry blood all over my bady"

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:17 AM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:first, this is my first post in the war forum, so no short term memory
second, once again i never once said what he did was a crime
third, i do believe he should be punished, and once again as the op stated he simply asked should he be punished?
i said yes. i don't know how, i don't care i just believe he should.that's it man. that's all i've been tryin to say with my vote in this post is i believe he should be punished for what he said.

check my post again. the memory comment was to goodwrech, not you. yours was the first paragraph only. but as sndsgood pointed out--if youre easily offended, stay out of here. while myself and a handful of others are able to vivaciously debate points without being rude, yelling, or lying, its still the war forum and you WILL find people who argue the opposing side who are more intelligent and better informed than you. so if that or anything else offends you, do yourself a favor and stay out. otherwise, welcome and i look forward to what you have to add to the conversation

that being said....you cant hope to make a statement like "yes he should be punished" without backing it up. if you do, youll be called out on it like im doing now. it doesnt matter if thats all the OP asked--his question was loaded and ripe for debate--the question that has been directed at you is this: "why do you feel wilson should be punished?" if you cant answer simple questions like that, especially after making statements like you have, then you arent adding to the discussion and really need to stay out of the way of the other people who ARE able to discuss the hows and whys of their beliefs.

blucavvy wrote:ok, on a side note tabs- interrupting the president, imho is grounds for punishment when you're a senator, while he's trying to give a speech defending a bill that he's trying to push through the house and senate. Especially when he's been given nothing but @!#$ and "mudslinging"(i know it's out of place, but how else do i describe it?) from the opposite party?so yes interrupting someone a crime? no. but interrupting the president? call it a free country, but imho it's just bull@!#$ to do that to someone who was elected into office with a majority vote "of the people"(not the senate), while he's trying to defend/explain his bill.

re-read the bolded. you are exactly right, but not in the way you had hoped. THE PRESIDENT ISNT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A BILL--THAT JOB IS FOR THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH!!! hes overstepping his bounds, trying to usurp power for himself so he can rough ride his agenda through, with no regard for the tens of millions of americans who dont agree with him. if you want someone to be punished, its politicians like this that should be!

when bush did similar things (although with nowhere near the scope, reach, ferocity, or disregard for the constitution) everyone on the left and in the media lost their shit and thats all you would hear about day in and day out. but when obama does it tenfold in a tenth of the time? suddenly its the miracle weve been looking for.....?

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:22 AM on j-body.org
ok i'll admit i jumped the gun last night, had been drinking and i watched the bears, which when they're losing is never a good combo. so my bad. how bout he's banned from the next time the president speaks.

not forever but how bout just for the next time? maybe this sounds silly, but y not?

and no tabs, i am smart enough to realize that there are alot of other people smarter than me and i don't get offended by that.

Monday, September 14, 2009 7:58 AM on j-body.org
it was a legitimate question because it seems like large words and complex ideas seem to draw the ire of the not-so-well-informed, for lack of better euphemism.

as for your solution: still not acceptable. if you want to punish him, it should be within the set of rules that he broke, not something aberrant that you feel fits his "crime". i.e. follow parliamentary procedural code for how to handle it. but that code doesnt disallow a person who speaks out of turn from attending the next meeting, so your punishment doesnt make sense.

Monday, September 14, 2009 8:36 AM on j-body.org
i didn't say it makes sense, you told me to back up my belief that he should be punished so i did. what would b an acceptable solution then?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search