Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:37 AM on j-body.org
Ohhhh this type of thing has never happened before .... All praise King George!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-y2QghS2gU


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |

Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:57 AM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:



People, get a grip! Just because it pushes your buttons doesn't mean it actually has any measurable effect on seven year-olds.


Yeah, because something similar had no effect on these children:



And NO, I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler. I'm simply pointing out how easily a childs mind can be warped.


Not for anything Big Bob. But how is this any different than when we glorify the US military to kids in the from of movies, to cartoons, to US made ads, to video games, to toys? The only difference I see is different principles and objectives, but in the end both still catering to kids on matters that are inappropriate for children. But yes indeed, kid's minds can be warped and adults know this, which is why there are vids like you posted and "entertainment" examples that I just mentioned.

Paul Siebert wrote:

Someone said that we should respect the president and support him. I can't respect a president that does not respect our nations flag. If you want to know what I'm talking about I'll try to find a video of Obama and you can see what I'm talking about.

I think you're talking about this.

When I was in school and show respect to the flag, we had to always stand-up and put arm on the heart. My teachers always said that standing up is a must if you don't want to place your hand on the heart. If this is the video that you are talking about, then the only thing he missed was placing his hand on the heart, he did stand up and what's more he clapped in appreciation to the allegiance.
And being that you claim: "I can't respect a president that does not respect our nations flag. What would you make of these?



Story about how is it disrespectful is found here.


BlackEco wrote:

Ohhhh this type of thing has never happened before .... All praise King George!


Wow.
And nobody sees nothing wrong with this worshiping?
Hilarious.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:58 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

BlackEco wrote:

Ohhhh this type of thing has never happened before .... All praise King George!


Wow.
And nobody sees nothing wrong with this worshiping?
Hilarious.

That's horrible!

This, however, is completely acceptable:







Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:18 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:

Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:



People, get a grip! Just because it pushes your buttons doesn't mean it actually has any measurable effect on seven year-olds.


Yeah, because something similar had no effect on these children:



And NO, I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler. I'm simply pointing out how easily a childs mind can be warped.


You're effectively freaking out here. That's not even close to "similar". "Hitler Youth" is so far out there that it's kind of desperate! This song is just cuteness that's got you in a bunch; the NAZI party was something else completely. There's nothing "warping" in this song at all.

Seven year-olds cannot be 'programmed' by innocuous lyrics such as these. Read the lyrics again and try to quantify in your mind that these kids are really being slanted to leftist politics. Have a political conversation with a seven-year old, and let me know how it goes. If you manage to convince yourself that this is still evil, just bear in mind...it may be because you may WANT to be convinced. I think I represent a much greater cross-section who's instead basicially laughing at the vitriol this has caused.





Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:30 PM on j-body.org
No matter who the president is these songs will always exist, in AMERICAN schools and school all over the world you are taught to respect higher authority, these kids are no being brain washed to follow Obama and his ways, no they are being taught to respect their president...this has been going on ever since before you were born and before our parents were born no matter who the president was. So your argument is totally invalid, and Im sorry but research Nazi youth it is waaaaay different than the video you compared it to.

Nazi youth was a brain wash a complete brainwash, how could you even compare that to American ways? Even the Jews would be pissed at you if they read this.



Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:55 PM on j-body.org
it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:11 PM on j-body.org
The way I live and think. I'll leave it at that. Artist: Montomery Gentry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpfj_pmv3W8
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:18 PM on j-body.org
Wish I could figure out how to edit posts.

Everyone has different views/opinions as to how or what brainwashing is.....from from video games to speeches. This is one of the many things that makes America great. Didn't mean to start any bickering here, but I guess this is why you guys call it the WAR FORUM.
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:59 PM on j-body.org
Paul Siebert wrote:

Wish I could figure out how to edit posts.
Click Here


Paul Siebert wrote:

Didn't mean to start any bickering here, but I guess this is why you guys call it the WAR FORUM.
Welcome. This should help give you a reasonable understanding of this place.





Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:55 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.


x10



Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:08 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.

Wouldn't you say that it may be even further back? Before the Nintendo era... think hippies, Nixon, and the protests of Vietnam? Could it be that era caused a major disloyalty to authority/political figures in recent times?


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Paul Siebert wrote:

Wish I could figure out how to edit posts.
Click Here


Paul Siebert wrote:

Didn't mean to start any bickering here, but I guess this is why you guys call it the WAR FORUM.
Welcome. This should help give you a reasonable understanding of this place.


Thank you, sir. They both made for an interresting read....especially the later. Got a laugh out of it. It's good to know that there is a sense of homour here too. Being new here I still don't know the mannerisms of the people here......yet. I can actually handle bickering, it's the "your stupid for believing the way you do" crap that is not called for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.


The reason such things as this video hit me is because of my daughter. I'm still new at being a dad even though I've been one for six years now. Any of us (not restricted to the forum) that have kids know that the future holds some scary things and I'm just being a concerned father. Don't really know if that justifies it to any of you, but again, it is my concern.
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:10 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.

Wouldn't you say that it may be even further back? Before the Nintendo era... think hippies, Nixon, and the protests of Vietnam? Could it be that era caused a major disloyalty to authority/political figures in recent times?


I would have to disagree, I see where you are coming from but when I was growing up, even when I was in high school (me growing up was the post nintendo era, I am only 23) we were taught to respect higher authority, Presidaent, cops etc and I was raised in the Bronx, in one of the most ghetto messed up neighborhoods in the U.S.

ITs the new era that has no respect, I worked in a high school for almost 2 and an Elementary school for 1 so I saw 1st hand how different these kids are.

When I was growing up you had maybe 1-3 kids who were the bad apples in school and were just bad asses to anyone who approached them, now it seemed that almost have the student body both in Elementary and High School would not respect authority.

Ive seen cops in the school being punched, kicked, spit on...teachers hit and abused...wtf is happening?

Also growing up we were taught your teacher is your parent when your parents are not around and they are to be respected like they are your mom and dad....I dont know maybe im old school



Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:47 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.

Wouldn't you say that it may be even further back? Before the Nintendo era... think hippies, Nixon, and the protests of Vietnam? Could it be that era caused a major disloyalty to authority/political figures in recent times?




you could take it back that far, but it really didnt start hitting until the nintendo generation. when those that were more of the college age in the hippy age had kids of their own (im a product of that) is when the whole current started shifting the other way. but as i was young teachers were still right, then the paddling stopped. they started slowly taking authority away from everyone but the kids and by the nintendo era it was starting to hit on all cylinders.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:21 PM on j-body.org
Torres wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

it used to be that you respected your elders and those in authority etc. but there came a time a little while back that parents started believing their kids were always right and it was the teachers that wre wrong, little johnny got a c on his test, it had nothing to do with jonny staying up late and playing nintentdo and not studying for it, it was the teachers fault for making the test to hard. now its to the point where those people are getting out in society and they have no respect for anyone because it was taught to them that they were always right and it was everyone else who was wrong. even though i disagree with obama, its good to see this. as long as its done in the proper way.

Wouldn't you say that it may be even further back? Before the Nintendo era... think hippies, Nixon, and the protests of Vietnam? Could it be that era caused a major disloyalty to authority/political figures in recent times?


I would have to disagree, I see where you are coming from but when I was growing up, even when I was in high school (me growing up was the post nintendo era, I am only 23) we were taught to respect higher authority, Presidaent, cops etc and I was raised in the Bronx, in one of the most ghetto messed up neighborhoods in the U.S.

ITs the new era that has no respect, I worked in a high school for almost 2 and an Elementary school for 1 so I saw 1st hand how different these kids are.

When I was growing up you had maybe 1-3 kids who were the bad apples in school and were just bad asses to anyone who approached them, now it seemed that almost have the student body both in Elementary and High School would not respect authority.

Ive seen cops in the school being punched, kicked, spit on...teachers hit and abused...wtf is happening?

Also growing up we were taught your teacher is your parent when your parents are not around and they are to be respected like they are your mom and dad....I dont know maybe im old school

Your isolated incident example can not speak for the rest of the nation, and even then, there are to many variables to make a conclusion that this was the absolute problem. Can this example contribute to it, it sure could, but I personally would not place all my money on that number.



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:44 PM on j-body.org
So i was watching the news on my lunch break and it turns out it wasnt Charisse Carney-Nunes who caused this, it was the school that taught the kids the song.

Either way I think it was harmless, people and the internet are blowing things out of proportion as usual



Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Friday, October 02, 2009 9:14 AM on j-body.org
Personally, I don't think the school should be teaching kids to praise any specific person or group in office.
They should be taught songs about the country, but they are essentially setting up a bias by teaching the children to praise the person.
It's a different thing to teach respect for the office than it is to teach praise to the man.






Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Friday, October 02, 2009 9:48 AM on j-body.org
yeah but in the past the president was seen as the figurehead of the country, here is our hightest ranking offfical. so it was about the man as well as the title.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Friday, October 02, 2009 10:02 AM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Personally, I don't think the school should be teaching kids to praise any specific person or group in office.
They should be taught songs about the country, but they are essentially setting up a bias by teaching the children to praise the person.
It's a different thing to teach respect for the office than it is to teach praise to the man.


Bingo


___________________________________________________________________

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Friday, October 02, 2009 11:05 AM on j-body.org
Nah. Missing the point. Nothing wrong with mentioning who the Leader of the Free World is at the time of the song. By the time these kids are politically aware, they'll likely have seen several more presidents, and won't be "branded" with idolatry of this one.

Your fears of insiduous programming are unfounded...this is not new, and has happened before, many times, with far less hand-wringing. In a simpler world, we just didn't get so excited over such truly forgettable things.





Re: Praising Obama: Indoctrination 101?
Friday, October 02, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Nah. Missing the point. Nothing wrong with mentioning who the Leader of the Free World is at the time of the song. By the time these kids are politically aware, they'll likely have seen several more presidents, and won't be "branded" with idolatry of this one.

Your fears of insiduous programming are unfounded...this is not new, and has happened before, many times, with far less hand-wringing. In a simpler world, we just didn't get so excited over such truly forgettable things.


Agreed once again!

i remember when I was in school we had a song about Bill Clinton even after the Monica Lewinsky thing.



The only reason I brought up that author is because everyone was blaming her and she was innocent. The song that was taught to the kids by the school was just because they had a visitor who was an Obama biography writer, it was harmless IMO




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search