Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 12, 2009 8:26 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Boy President Bush really twisted your panties didn't he? Good Lord ..he just did stuff without first making supplications to the sophisticated Europeans, and when he asked their opinion, he just did what he felt was in this country's best interests. So now, in order to be loved by said sophisticated Europeans, and our Muslim friends, O.Bama slinks around the globe with his tail between his legs, snivelingly apologizing for everything the previous big bad wolf did...like America has been some playground bully.

You feel we need to be accepted and loved by most... And I'm sure you have a litany of dire what-ifs ..if we aren't.

The USA is still the greatest country on the planet if for no other reason, than I said so.

Oh gosh, no...I'm far from a Euro-lover. I find them to be whiny and self-possessed. I voted for Bush, both times. While my panties remained intact (and clean) through both terms, I found a significant heightening in anti-American rhetoric in the rest of the world during his reign. Let me explain...

I play a board game that is available world-wide via the Internet. For some years, I've been in regular contact with other players from all over the world...East Asia, Greater Asia, Australia, Europe, the UK (they still insist they are not part of Europe, lol), Russia, some African and South American nations too. The ramping up of bad feelings was evident. USA was just doing a sh!t job of PR worldwide, and in many ways, the very organizations we set out to destroy were benefitting from it...and THAT'S enough to piss you off right there! The worse we were perceived, the higher up the comparative scale these shadowy organizations were perceived. Not cool. Not at all.

Now, hold on thar! Again, I'm a chameleon...listening to these people and understanding their points of view does not mean I am in instant agreement with their positions. Nonetheless, in the world of relations, whether it be business or nations, perception is everything. At the end of the day, perception is all that really counts. You can be as right as rain, and it may not even matter, for if you aren't perceived as such, it won't mean diddley. Not that we were necessarily doing such a bad job as a superpower...it's just our image makers like went to lunch for eight years! I'm no Bush lover...but I refuse to be labeled a Bush-hater because of that. Fact is, the man lacked charisma, and got no help in this PR department. Without these things, the ratings plummeted. I'm telling you, if you think his approval rating got low here...man, it was in negative numbers out there!

So, when I say the rest of the world breathed a collective sigh of relief as Osama was elected, I'm not quoting a sound bite off CNN. I was there, with these very people, in the months and weeks and hours before and after the election, and we talked a lot. You just can't imagine what a relief it was for so many, from so many nations, for the guard to change. The fact that it wasn't yet another rich white dude was just a bonus...the world loves when the USA acts worldly. Some of these people truly feared that USA was bent on vindictive world domination, economically if not also militarily. It was really hard to talk to some of them without wanting to just scream, but it was the propaganda they'd been force-fed that made them feel so threatened. Bush II's dumbass non-existent PR posse didn't help things one damn bit as we cowboyed our way around delicate regions.

So, does this mean I am pandering to international interests? Please. I just know when the USA is getting an undeserved black eye in the hearts and minds of the world, and I'd like to see that mitigated. This Nobel Prize is ample indication of the outpouring of support. Don't question it...let's ride this wave. Have faith, and trust that our leaders won't give away the farm...we can be nice internationally without also being suckers. One does not insist upon the other. Yeah, I know, he bowed to the Sultan, he shook hands with the Venezuelan Jackal, he's selling us out, why he even sent Kim Jong Il a birthday card! FFS, lighten the hell up...he's NEW, and rather inexperienced at that. That does not make him a demon bent on rubbing our good nation's name into the ground. Give it time. Don't buy into the rhetoric. The real truth is much more moderate than either side would lead you to believe, for moderate points of view do not empower the parties to use you as tools.

People, my prayer is that we finally all see the two-party plot for what it is, a way to keep us filed neatly away in manageable little herds that keep bleating at each other so we don't see what's REALLY up. It's the perfect way to keep our minds and hearts busy while those truly in power pursue their agendas. Magicians call it "misdirection". Only two choices? Hell, that's hardly any choice at all. We need to stop being so easily molded by our handlers. We really need to move away from the edges and find the middle. We need to block out the noise and determine what really matters to us. To me, that will fix way more than all this leftie-rightie bullsh!t EVER will.







Edited 4 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 12, 2009 8:52 PM




Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:29 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I will not second guess the award voter group. I respect the sanctity of their assigned duty to make the decision, and I also respect their qualifications and training. Thus, I respect their conclusion. Compared to them we're a bunch of schlubs.

Please understand, as stated above:

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

Dear God...it's not at ALL like a product award for a turbosystem! My good man, you have no working concept of what the prize signifies if you find that to be a workable analogy.

As to Hitler...despite your disclaimer, you did bring it up...first. So I addressed how silly it is to do that. If that stings to hear, stop and consider why. If you do, you MAY begin to understand the very offensiveness of even going there.



again bill you keep going back to the award voter group. i could care less about them. my issues is giving an award for something that has not been accomplished something that is in the PROCESS is worthless. you wont even know if it will work or have great results until its complete. and my analogy is pretty damn good i think. the price to me signafies nothing because its not based on your accomplishments but what you hope to achieve. i hope the work achieves world piece, does that mean i should get an award too? no, the award shouln't go to good intentions it should go to good acomplishments.



bringing up hitler does not mean im comparing the two. thats like saying because i mentioned your name in this post and i just said hitler then i must be comparing you to hitler. when the two have nothing to do with each other. i was just using it as an example. but your immedietly jumping to conclusions that i must mean obama is like hitler when that wasn't my intent at all. just like making analogies about an award for turbos doesnt mean i assum the signifigance of the two is the same. when it doesnt at all.

i personally just feel the premise of this award is poor. all the other nobel prizes are giving to those with accomplishments in their field. why not this one?


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:57 AM on j-body.org
I do keep going back to the panel of distingushed experts who made this choice. I must. In my decision making, I tend to rely on the work of experts, for doing so allows me to concentrate on what I do best. I'd be a fool to second-guess them.

As for the comparison of Car Parts to Nobel Prizes, I also reiterate the following standard (this is not my opinion, it is a standard accepted by scholars and statesmen alike):

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

Can you, on the facts alone, contest this standard was met? Can you say that Obama's efforts so far to find harmony and common ground have not improved the prospects for peace? Do you disagree that, with as much a threat as the globe felt from the USA previously, that the fact that the US people were progressive enough to elect this man was almost enough to merit the prize on its own?

Even if you are convinced your answers to all of the above are Yes, it still doesn't change the fact that the prize is known to be awarded for a "work in progress". I hate to be rude, but as such, if you still don't like it for being awarded "prematurely", well...then you may just not like the man, for the process has been clearly explained to you now.






Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:00 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I do keep going back to the panel of distingushed experts who made this choice. I must. In my decision making, I tend to rely on the work of experts, for doing so allows me to concentrate on what I do best. I'd be a fool to second-guess them.

As for the comparison of Car Parts to Nobel Prizes, I also reiterate the following standard (this is not my opinion, it is a standard accepted by scholars and statesmen alike):

Unlike the other Nobel Prizes, which recognize completed scientific or literary accomplishment, the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded to persons or organizations that are in the process of resolving a conflict or creating peace.

Can you, on the facts alone, contest this standard was met? Can you say that Obama's efforts so far to find harmony and common ground have not improved the prospects for peace? Do you disagree that, with as much a threat as the globe felt from the USA previously, that the fact that the US people were progressive enough to elect this man was almost enough to merit the prize on its own?

Even if you are convinced your answers to all of the above are Yes, it still doesn't change the fact that the prize is known to be awarded for a "work in progress". I hate to be rude, but as such, if you still don't like it for being awarded "prematurely", well...then you may just not like the man, for the process has been clearly explained to you now.



again. you keep thinking my issue is with obama winning it. its not. its what the prize is being given out for. im saying the process is what should be changed. it should be given out to someone who has accomplished something.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:19 PM on j-body.org
You can think that, sure. I know you realize it's not the intention of the prize.

I, however, can see...that as a prize to identify and encourage peaceful works in progress, it's a much more valuable concept than if it were for accomplishment alone, and here's why.

It helps to think of it almost as a "grant" that is awarded to promising research work. Needless to say, such grants are routinely awarded on the merits, not the actual results, of a particular project or individual. It's an investment in the future.

The Nobel Peace Prize is indeed a "grant". By granting such acclaim to a person or situation, the mission is pushed forward. What could be more peaceful...than fostering the peace to come. This is its intent. Kind of beautiful really





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:26 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

You can think that, sure. I know you realize it's not the intention of the prize.

I, however, can see...that as a prize to identify and encourage peaceful works in progress, it's a much more valuable concept than if it were for accomplishment alone, and here's why.

It helps to think of it almost as a "grant" that is awarded to promising research work. Needless to say, such grants are routinely awarded on the merits, not the actual results, of a particular project or individual. It's an investment in the future.

The Nobel Peace Prize is indeed a "grant". By granting such acclaim to a person or situation, the mission is pushed forward. What could be more peaceful...than fostering the peace to come. This is its intent. Kind of beautiful really



we will just have to agree to disagree with this bill. if its to push people forward, then why not bestow it on everyone? give everyone a push. im just not big into giving out awards for things not done. there was a time when people would see things like this as a goal to reach. something to attain after hard work. now its, hey lets give someone an award before they do something in hopes that it will push someone to be great. to me its just backwards.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:58 AM on j-body.org
Ok I have been quiet for a while but I have something to say...world peace has never been established so how can they give someone a Nobel Peace Prize for accomplishing this....Obama has tried damn hard to get closer to world peace even if his approach is different so they recognized him for it.

I agree with Bill throughout this whole thread.

I did not vote for Obama, but I also think the Nobel Prize Committee, or w/e they are knows what they are doing.

Did Martin Luther King accomplish world peace, did he stop segregation?

Did Jimmy Carter solve the worlds problems and accomplish world peace?

Did Jane Adams make peace and freedom for all women around the world?

Did the Dalai Lama pray for the world and accomplish world peace?

No none of these Nobel Peace Prize winners accomplished any of this, but you know what they all believed strongly in it, they all faught for it and they all tried to open peoples eyes about it in their own ways, thats what makes you a nobel prize winner.

So just because Obama has not accomplished anything doesn't mean he is not capable of winning.





Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:01 AM


Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:53 AM on j-body.org
"Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ's sake hath forgiven you". -God

this is good advice, and if we followed it, we'd have world peace....so give the award to God


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:27 AM on j-body.org
...

Enter NAACP.


FU_CK the NAACP!


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:40 AM on j-body.org
Torres wrote:

Ok I have been quiet for a while but I have something to say...world peace has never been established so how can they give someone a Nobel Peace Prize for accomplishing this....Obama has tried damn hard to get closer to world peace even if his approach is different so they recognized him for it.

I agree with Bill throughout this whole thread.

I did not vote for Obama, but I also think the Nobel Prize Committee, or w/e they are knows what they are doing.

Did Martin Luther King accomplish world peace, did he stop segregation?

Did Jimmy Carter solve the worlds problems and accomplish world peace?

Did Jane Adams make peace and freedom for all women around the world?

Did the Dalai Lama pray for the world and accomplish world peace?

No none of these Nobel Peace Prize winners accomplished any of this, but you know what they all believed strongly in it, they all faught for it and they all tried to open peoples eyes about it in their own ways, thats what makes you a nobel prize winner.

So just because Obama has not accomplished anything doesn't mean he is not capable of winning.



the diffrence between all those people and obama is, all those people spent their life working towards world peace. obama has just taken his first steps. that to me is a huge diffrence. we should be giving the award to those that have spent their lives working towards world peace. not those that have just started on the journey. most awards given out are given out to recognise your accomplishments, not for what you "plan" on doing.

allot of people "plan" on things but get distracted along the way.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:09 PM on j-body.org
Distracted by white chicks?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:40 PM on j-body.org
Distracted by an inability to understand that the people who've created and awarded this prize for decades...also decide who actually gets it?





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:38 AM on j-body.org
distracted by a socialist agenda





Check out my build thread!

Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:56 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

I read somewhere that Hinkley is gertting out of prison.......


If that were the case, it wouldn't matter anyway. Jodie Foster is gay now, so there's nobody for him to impress anymore!







Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible)
10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:10 AM on j-body.org
Barrett Welton wrote:

ScottaWhite wrote:

I read somewhere that Hinkley is gertting out of prison.......


If that were the case, it wouldn't matter anyway. Jodie Foster is gay now, so there's nobody for him to impress anymore!

Well ya never know...after some years in the joint, he probably is too!





Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:31 AM on j-body.org
She's gay "now"? My lands... What have you done you FOOL.!!! She decided to be a homosexual one day or what?


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:11 AM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

Distracted by an inability to understand that the people who've created and awarded this prize for decades...also decide who actually gets it?





you seem to confuse inabillity to understand, and disagreeing with its porpuse. i completly understand what the award is given out for and why they chose who they chose. i disagree with the premise of the award.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:52 PM on j-body.org
I know. I just can't resist having fun with that though! I too disagree with porpoises, especially this one:



Once they start huffing like this, it's just a matter of time before meth and crack. Talk about having no porpoise in life!





Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:58 PM



Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 26, 2009 12:37 PM on j-body.org
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:

I know. I just can't resist having fun with that though! I too disagree with porpoises, especially this one:



Once they start huffing like this, it's just a matter of time before meth and crack. Talk about having no porpoise in life!





no fair having fun at my own expense. for that you should drop off some nice intercooler piping, larger intercooler and one of your tuners for my hhr ss please lol


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Obama "wins" Nobel Peace Prize... And it isn't. 04-01 yet
Monday, October 26, 2009 12:52 PM on j-body.org
EeK! A customer! Oh what a slippery slope I climb when I crack wise here....

OK then Congrats!...YOU have earned this week's first Good Guy Discount! Yes, I can make you want those HHR goods even more...please hit me up in PM.





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search