Global warming, Climate Change, and Drop Dead Fred. - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Global warming, Climate Change, and Drop Dead Fred.
Thursday, June 04, 2009 12:12 AM on j-body.org
The biggest reason we dont put solar panels on the side of sky scrapers to power them is because it just doesnt work.... for some reason they have to be on the roof do really catch any energy and there just isnt enough room....

Now if you had several square miles of wind generators sitting on top of slolar panels... then that would work pretty good.

As far as the Coskata Industries thing.... they where estimating and average cost of $1.30 a gallon for automotive fuel once and if they hit mass production... unlike most other people that end up costing more than oil... thats why im interested in them.

As far as the Global warming thing... I dont believe it.... the average temperature has been getting colder the last few years... ... last winter was colder than hell.... and now its the beginning of June and its about 52 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside... wtf is up with that?

I dont think it would matter if you ripped the catalytic converter off of every car in the world.... our Planet is a huge natural filtering and distilling system... it naturally cleans its self constantly..... idk if we could actually messed it up if we tried.... sure our quality of life might not be as good... but its not bad now pollution wise so why do we need to "go green" more than we already are...

Personally..... I think this is all just a big load of crap used to make osha and a bunch of agencies money.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:47 AM on j-body.org
anything done will make someone money, but its not nessicarily a bad thing to try and be greener,

kinda like early settlers used to hunt buffalo and just shoot them for the fun of it, they said there were so many that they woule never kill them all. guess what they almost did. man can and does have a big impact on the envirement. wether the climate is getting hotter or cooler we should still try and make an effort not to destroy the one planet we have.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, June 04, 2009 11:12 PM on j-body.org
^^^^ I agree with you on that note...

I just wish we would focus on realistic things that ACTUALLY MATTER, instead of all this other crap.

Stop skrewing with automotive companies about there vehicle emissions and ban Styrofoam cups instead...

Everyone thinks there making such a big difference helping the enviroment and feel good about themselves..... but there not...... all there doing is pissing people off.. and I honestly think thats the real reason they are doing it.

@!#$....... make recycling a law..... that would make scenes...... Save money by using florescent lights in your house..... IDK why EVERYONE doesnt do that...

But imposing all these new laws and penalties that dont actually help anything because we are stupid enough to think we are making our planet warmer..... I dont buy it.

Friday, June 05, 2009 4:50 AM on j-body.org
because its easier to just take one thing and ram your fist down its throat so that when anyone asks you what your doing you can't point to the one single thing and tell everyone what a great thing your doing for the envirement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 05, 2009 5:29 AM on j-body.org
There are a couple of reasons why the whole emitions argument is easy for them:

a) it's easier to tax and control (you can add exorbetant amounts of taxes on fuel without too much problem)

b) it's easy to paint "Big Corporate Oil" companies as a huge, evil entities

Don't allow yourself to see all of this for only what it is on the surface. Beneath all of these "environmentally conscious initiatives" is really just an agenda to increase taxes and decrease personal liberties. It's just such an easy message to get people to believe in, and flash up pictures of baby seals and make them feel bad about their lives.

Friday, June 05, 2009 10:34 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:There are a couple of reasons why the whole emitions argument is easy for them:

a) it's easier to tax and control (you can add exorbetant amounts of taxes on fuel without too much problem)

b) it's easy to paint "Big Corporate Oil" companies as a huge, evil entities

Don't allow yourself to see all of this for only what it is on the surface. Beneath all of these "environmentally conscious initiatives" is really just an agenda to increase taxes and decrease personal liberties. It's just such an easy message to get people to believe in, and flash up pictures of baby seals and make them feel bad about their lives.

That.... is exactly what I think about this..

Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:38 AM on j-body.org
what about the commercial that shows the polar bear floating on a piece of ice?

That made my LOL....

A polar Bear,,, going out to sea on ice?

Now that's just crazy

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:26 AM on j-body.org
Bring back the crying Indian chief.

Follow the money trail. Lotta investors and venture capitalists have a lot riding on so-called green tech. If the government doesnt' mandate and subsidize their ventures, then they will cost so much, that no one aside from Tom Hanks could afford to buy the stuff.

Now they have a controlling interest in American automotive companies. Does anyone think that GM or Chrysler will ever be allowed to throw off that yoke? I think not.

The only way Gm will ever be able to meet the 35 mpg mandate, will be to purposefully limit production of the best selling vehicles.....trucks.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:38 PM on j-body.org
Or, they can keep making the gas price get inflated, after all, in the early 90's books in school said by the early 00's we would be out of crude.....

my bet is on this, government will make it to pricey to drive.

One way or another.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:52 PM on j-body.org
We're edging toward $3/gallon again, and Cap and Trade (read: cap and tax, and tax, and tax) hasn't even been pushed through yet.

If they get their way, we'll be paying $5/gallon by 2010.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:28 PM on j-body.org
Gas prices always go up during the summer because more people drive. That's a different way for me to look at it.
Boats, fishing, camping, road trips, flying, weed-eaters, push mowers, 4 wheelers ect...
They're increasing the gas prices because they can. Ride a bicycle
One gas station has it for 2.23 the other one has it for 2:53

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:35 PM on j-body.org
Crude is up to $70/barrel again. It's been on the steady rise for a few months now. It's not just the seasonal increase.

Also, seasonality has nothing to do with the fact that Cap and Trade would devastate the economy, because everything gets shipped, and almost every building has carbon emissions. The limits they're talking about would mean that pretty much everyone would end up paying, and not many people would have the excess to "trade", hence my statement that it's not really Cap and Trade, it's pretty much just Cap and Tax.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:29 AM on j-body.org
seasonality coupled with the fact that since the demand dropped so dramatically that they have cut back production big time. even so they still have a decent sized surplus. gas always goes up in the summer. just like in most areas gas amazingly rises in price during the weekends. usually fri thru mon. when u have a product that people have to have it makes sence to raise it when they need it most.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:52 PM on j-body.org
And thats turning a frown upside down.

Like it or not, To make gas prices as low as they should be (for some black crap you cant eat..) we need to start making holes, lots and lots of holes.

Hell, export MORE of it.

Create JOBS by refining it, jobs by SHIPPING it.. Jobs to BUILD the plants...

But "oHHH NOSE" the poor caribou....

adksjfaskldjdskalj

Chris

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:04 PM on j-body.org
Ya IDK why we cant tap our own oil supply.... screw these environmentalists..

And my Motorcycle gets over 40MPG average...... cheap to own and fun to ride....

Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:50 AM on j-body.org
seasonality? did i just make up my own word lol.

i do believe we should dig some more holes and start stockpiling our own oil. but the enviromentalists have put a stop to most of that. and everything we do dig up goes out of the country because it can be refined cheaper overseas.

all the money spent to refine it would make our oil allllot more expensive then what we buy it for and that kinda just defeats the pourpose doesnt it.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:53 AM on j-body.org
It gets exported because we sell it for more over there.

Chris

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:01 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:It gets exported because we sell it for more over there.

Chris

ive never heard that before. .everything i have ever heard was that we can sell it to someone else to refine and buy it back for less then what it would cost for ust to refine it ourselves.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:58 AM on j-body.org
Ahhhhh who cares..... where still getting screwed up the ass....

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:33 AM on j-body.org
actually compared to what allot of other countries pay weve had it good for allot longer then we should have.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:02 AM on j-body.org
law of conservation of energy falls under thermodynamics.

oil does not replenish itself; the matter that eventually becomes oil does not become 100 percent oil. it's like 2 percent oil and 98 percent heat, carbonic and non carbonic gas, WATER (which makes up the vast majority of all living things--you know, the things that become OIL when they die) and dirt due to the bacteria that eat it.

you you're flat out wrong with that. 1liter of carbon-based matter does not equal 1 liter of oil. it equals a couple teaspoons of oil. --by the law of thermodynamics--the majority of the rest turns into heat energy; NOT matter.

also look for the Penn and Teller episode of Bullsh!t that deals with global warming. fun facts there--no congressional merit at all to global warming; and can give you all the scientific research that points against global warming; and proves that there are ZERO accredited scientists that support the theory.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:46 PM on j-body.org
Then why....why...is this the new official "religion" of the modern world?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:25 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:actually compared to what allot of other countries pay weve had it good for allot longer then we could have.

Fixed it for ya...

Who says we "shouldn't" be allowed to still have it good here in the US?

Maybee where not getting screwed as much as other countries... but we are still getting screwed to a point..... but since it's not as bad as the next guy we shouldn't care?

I tend to believe that this type of thinking is just another accuse the oil companies are thinking up also..

Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:34 AM on j-body.org
because people are egotistical. we like to feel like we make an impact on anything; good or bad.

people respond more quickly to negative reinforcement; so you can cash in on the hype that people are making a bad difference on the world; it's a double-whammy--

negative reinforcement to train them into feeling one of two ways; and satisfy the ego both bad (you're a polluter, greenhouse gas maker, kill the earth) and good (you're green, fight global warming; i mean climate change....yeah, that's it. my ipod doesn't use anything toxic, like lead or plastics or batteries...)

Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:59 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:
sndsgood wrote:actually compared to what allot of other countries pay weve had it good for allot longer then we could have.

Fixed it for ya...

Who says we "shouldn't" be allowed to still have it good here in the US?

Maybee where not getting screwed as much as other countries... but we are still getting screwed to a point..... but since it's not as bad as the next guy we shouldn't care?

I tend to believe that this type of thinking is just another accuse the oil companies are thinking up also..

actually when you think how much we DEPEND on oil the little price were paying for it is no where near being robbed. look at almost every other commoddity you were buying 20 years ago. for the most part stuff is 3x or more expensive. used to buy a candy bar for a quarter now its a dollar. at the same time gas was a buck. so now it would average $4 a gallon. used to buy bread for 33 cents. now its over a buck. everything goes up in price but gas for the most part until the last couple years hasn't gone up at the same level. weve had it good. those countries could literlly screw us over and start world war 3 if they chose too. its a bit egotistical to say were the u. s. so we should get it cheaper then everyone else and you better give it to us without manking a profit on it. if yoru going to say that you might as well just get it over with and go bomb every other country and try and take it.

high oil prices are the only thing that is going to push the lazy u.s. into finding an alternative solution. and once that happens all those arab nations won't be raking in the money like they are now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search