The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:36 AM on j-body.org


Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:26 PM on j-body.org
Well, the Baucus bill, which is mostly conceptual language, has made it out of the Senate Finance Committee as of about 3:00 this afternoon. A special thank you goes out to my ever-spineless Senator Olympia Snowe, who has repeatedly said she is against most of what's in the bills that have been proposed, but gave the reason for voting to bring it out of the committee as "We need to make progress on this, and move forward". She also added something to the affect of "history is calling, and we can't keep holding back". It infuriates me that we have people who vote for a bill they say they don't support "because we have to do something".

Now the two bills which have come out of committee will be merged, and then it will be brought to the Senate floor. There is still nothing in this bill, even under the conceptual language of the Baucus bill, that will fix the problems with health care.






Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:06 PM on j-body.org
Well, they still have to ramrod it through congress, and there are more than a few scared democrats who don't want to deal with it. Vote yes, and they may lose reelection. Vote no, and their party turns against them and supports a challenger. What to do....what to do....

Of course O.B.ama just has to sit back and wait.... He's untouchable in the media, so if public approval dips, he'll just proclaim that we are still suffering from 8 years of previous administrations failed policies.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:30 AM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Well, the Baucus bill, which is mostly conceptual language, has made it out of the Senate Finance Committee as of about 3:00 this afternoon. A special thank you goes out to my ever-spineless Senator Olympia Snowe, who has repeatedly said she is against most of what's in the bills that have been proposed, but gave the reason for voting to bring it out of the committee as "We need to make progress on this, and move forward". She also added something to the affect of "history is calling, and we can't keep holding back". It infuriates me that we have people who vote for a bill they say they don't support "because we have to do something".

Now the two bills which have come out of committee will be merged, and then it will be brought to the Senate floor. There is still nothing in this bill, even under the conceptual language of the Baucus bill, that will fix the problems with health care.





i could not beleive her reasoning, she said, she didnt agree with it, she's not happy with it, but she wanted to vote for it because when people look back she wanted to say she voted for it basically. not her exact wording but it more or less sounded like she wanted to be part of it just so people would see her as being part of this great event even though she hates the bill and thinks its wrong. kinda like saying, i dont care about the people. i just want my name out there on this.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:30 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Well, the Baucus bill, which is mostly conceptual language, has made it out of the Senate Finance Committee as of about 3:00 this afternoon. A special thank you goes out to my ever-spineless Senator Olympia Snowe, who has repeatedly said she is against most of what's in the bills that have been proposed, but gave the reason for voting to bring it out of the committee as "We need to make progress on this, and move forward". She also added something to the affect of "history is calling, and we can't keep holding back". It infuriates me that we have people who vote for a bill they say they don't support "because we have to do something".

Now the two bills which have come out of committee will be merged, and then it will be brought to the Senate floor. There is still nothing in this bill, even under the conceptual language of the Baucus bill, that will fix the problems with health care.





i could not beleive her reasoning, she said, she didnt agree with it, she's not happy with it, but she wanted to vote for it because when people look back she wanted to say she voted for it basically. not her exact wording but it more or less sounded like she wanted to be part of it just so people would see her as being part of this great event even though she hates the bill and thinks its wrong. kinda like saying, i dont care about the people. i just want my name out there on this.


Shame, but it is the complete opposite. THIS bill IS for the people. Giving care to those who need it is indeed FOR the people. /facepalm





My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:38 AM on j-body.org
Its to bad that since it is for the people it will end up costing the people even more than health care already does. Most insurances companies have already stated that they will have to raise premiums to cover the added cost of the new legislation. If this really was for the people then they would be fixing the current system and not going for a complete overhaul. From everything I have been able to gather this bill is really for a few interest groups that hide behind the mask of being for the people. The current system isnt broken beyond repair, it just needs some tweaks to fix holes that have been ripped open in it.



Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:51 AM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Well, the Baucus bill, which is mostly conceptual language, has made it out of the Senate Finance Committee as of about 3:00 this afternoon. A special thank you goes out to my ever-spineless Senator Olympia Snowe, who has repeatedly said she is against most of what's in the bills that have been proposed, but gave the reason for voting to bring it out of the committee as "We need to make progress on this, and move forward". She also added something to the affect of "history is calling, and we can't keep holding back". It infuriates me that we have people who vote for a bill they say they don't support "because we have to do something".

Now the two bills which have come out of committee will be merged, and then it will be brought to the Senate floor. There is still nothing in this bill, even under the conceptual language of the Baucus bill, that will fix the problems with health care.





i could not beleive her reasoning, she said, she didnt agree with it, she's not happy with it, but she wanted to vote for it because when people look back she wanted to say she voted for it basically. not her exact wording but it more or less sounded like she wanted to be part of it just so people would see her as being part of this great event even though she hates the bill and thinks its wrong. kinda like saying, i dont care about the people. i just want my name out there on this.


Shame, but it is the complete opposite. THIS bill IS for the people. Giving care to those who need it is indeed FOR the people. /facepalm



Not so much. The actual figures of how many people in the US that don't have healthcare and want it are not exactly massive. Then again I suppose it depends if you count illegals, in which case the numbers they're parading around make sense.





Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:17 AM on j-body.org
okay she said "when history calls, history calls. And I happen to think the the consequences of inaction dictate the urgency of congress to take every oppurtunity to demonstrate its capacity to solve the monumental issues of our time.


sorry but i gotta disagree, anything monumental to our society should not be rushed. when ever we rush jobs thru we end up spending more time fixing mistakes then if we had just took our time and thought things thru the first time. she feels because this is so monumental and important to the people that it should be rushed thru congress regardless of wether it will work or not. that to me is just idiotic. she also went on to say she may not sign the final legislation.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Short Hand wrote:

Shame, but it is the complete opposite. THIS bill IS for the people. Giving care to those who need it is indeed FOR the people. /facepalm
No, it is not for the people, it's more government expansion. The bill will cause the cost of insurance to increase even more, and the taxes they are discussing will cause even higher layoff rates, and/or insurance benefits being dropped by many employers, forcing more and more people on the government plan. Stop believing that they have actually constructed this bill because they believe it's going to do everything they say it will, and open your eyes to the actual facts of what they are doing, not the rhetoric.

In case you didn't see this, please read it, and check the sources posted. It should shed some light on the level of deception being used to push this "reform".






Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Friday, October 23, 2009 9:05 AM on j-body.org
From the Huffington Post on Tuesday: Congress "Getting Completely Crushed" With Over 100,000 Calls For Obama's Healthcare Reform

Some cliff notes of the article:

Quote:

At about 2:15 EST, Organizing for America (OFA) surpassed it's goal of 100,000 phone calls to Congress.

The nationwide "Time to Deliver on Health Reform" event is the most massive outpouring of support from Obama supporters since Election Day 2008.

To generate these numbers, OFA organized over 1,000 phonebank events across all 50 states. Yesterday, OFA said its phonebanks would make hundreds of thousands of calls to voters in order to generate 100,000 calls from constituents to Congress.

After the election, Obama for America (OFA) became Organizing for America (OFA), an issue-oriented advocacy arm of the DNC whose primary purpose is...cultivating public support for Obama's agenda.

Just to make sure there is no mistake, OFA is part of his campaign machine. This is no grass-roots organization. It's pure astroturf, which they are constantly claiming the opposition is engaged in.

And the priceless quote which speaks volumes about the problem with the majority of the support he gets from his voters:
Quote:

Several aides said the callers seemed less informed about the issue than typical advocates






Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Friday, October 23, 2009 6:16 PM on j-body.org
So is this ofa getting taxpayer money? And each phone bank only generated around 100 calls each? Seems like you could get those calls by simply sending emails to democratic reps and senators in each state.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Friday, October 23, 2009 6:34 PM on j-body.org
ok. right now, i'm not entirely sober, as its nighttime. also; im stupid, plain stupid, when it comes to legalese and the like. please, if anyone has the time, break it down for me. i have insurance through my workplace, quite good insurance. covers everything. IF i were to change jobs after this bill becomes law, how does it effect me? feel free to call me stupid, as when it comes to this,. i'll admit it takes less than 5 seconds for me to get distracted and do something else, but i'm also not afraid to ask for help. so... help me out guys.



JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Saturday, October 24, 2009 7:28 AM on j-body.org
Rich, if this bill becomes law, as soon as you change jobs you will be forced to choose from one of the government approved plans through the insurance exchange (this is what's on page 16 that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread), and there is a very good chance that your new employer would not be offering the benefit. This is because part of the way they want to pay for the public option is to tax the private plans offered through employers. In other words, the insurance your current employer offers you now will get taxed. This tax will be levied on both you and your employer. There is a good chance your employer may stop offering the benefit as well, which would then force you to get an approved plan anyway. Part of the whole process of pushing people to the public option is to make it more expensive for employers and employees to use the private insurance.

ScottaWhite wrote:

And each phone bank only generated around 100 calls each?
This makes you wonder how much support there actually is out there, doesn't it? I mean, if each phone bank called people all day and only managed to get 100 people to call Congress to support the bill, and the people in Washington who recieved those calls said that the callers seemed to be less informed, it doesn't say much for their movement. Apparently they could only get people who didn't understand what they were talking about to call.

This is why they want to force the bills through, and not put them online for the public to read before it gets passed. As soon people realize what's really in the bill, the support will all be out the window.






Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:40 PM on j-body.org
Greedy Capitalist Pig wrote:

Rich, if this bill becomes law, as soon as you change jobs you will be forced to choose from one of the government approved plans through the insurance exchange (this is what's on page 16 that I mentioned at the beginning of this thread), and there is a very good chance that your new employer would not be offering the benefit. This is because part of the way they want to pay for the public option is to tax the private plans offered through employers. In other words, the insurance your current employer offers you now will get taxed. This tax will be levied on both you and your employer. There is a good chance your employer may stop offering the benefit as well, which would then force you to get an approved plan anyway. Part of the whole process of pushing people to the public option is to make it more expensive for employers and employees to use the private insurance.


well @!#$.



JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: The Health Care Reform bill in all it's socialist glory
Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:53 PM on j-body.org
Call your us senator and your congressman and tell them you'll support whoever runs against them next election (helps to have potential candidate names handy to toss out there


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search