Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 04, 2009 1:51 PM on j-body.org
LOL. First, I quoted more than half of your post. Don't blame me that less than half of it had subject-relevant substance in it.

Second, I'm sure anyone else could see that the bolded, italicized text in that box was merely my simplification of your puerile attempt at turning around the point I made. Sorry that you didn't get it.

As far as my feelings, that's even funnier. I was pointing something out about you, not complaining about anything you said towards or about me. Yet again, you've missed the point.

By the way, repeating yourself in bold letters is unnecessary. I think everyone here knows what your point is. If you had actually thought about the points I made in my first post, you would see where your idea of how to get the swing voters is off base.

Also, who's this "everyone else" you refer to, who giggles at what I say? Your response to this should be amusing.

Lastly, don't be surprised when you get a warning for that sig. You may want to check out the forum rules instead of posting more babble.








Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 04, 2009 8:36 PM on j-body.org
So. Since you've now reduced yourself to saying the same thing over and over while you lie there drooling in a fetal position, would you mind if I and the people who actually can talk about something other than themselves get back to the matter at hand? I just want to be sure you've gotten this personal vendetta out of your system before we proceed. You let us know when it's safe to continue.




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 04, 2009 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:


Lastly, don't be surprised when you get a warning for that sig. You may want to check out the forum rules instead of posting more babble.

Don't hesitate to report that sig pic to the proper authorities (as if you have not already!). Even cartoons piss you off, lol...that's awesome

By the way, I have no idea what you're talking about with the cartoon. Let me know how my trial on these charges works out: if convicted of the crime you accuse, I can find hundreds more fun cartoons on the interwebz. Some may not even piss you off!




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 04, 2009 9:08 PM on j-body.org
its not the cartoon itself bill

sigs have to be a certain size. you'll have to resize it, or they''ll temporarily ban you. and if that happens, us right wing nutjobs will run amuck, unchecked my a moderate voice of the people.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 04, 2009 9:48 PM on j-body.org
Ah! But it's such a FUN cartoon! Argh.




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Saturday, December 05, 2009 6:35 AM on j-body.org
Moderate Voice of the People wrote:

So. Since you've now reduced yourself to saying the same thing over and over while you lie there drooling in a fetal position, would you mind if I and the people who actually can talk about something other than themselves get back to the matter at hand? I just want to be sure you've gotten this personal vendetta out of your system before we proceed. You let us know when it's safe to continue.
Hey, it's not a personal vendetta. I made an observation, you attempted at turning it around, and failed. I pointed out where you failed, and you took it as me somehow being offended, proving further that you don't get it. I'm done wasting my time with this ridiculousness. I also pointed out why your premise for this thread was off base. Your only answer was to repeat yourself, and then again in bold letters, as if somehow that helps your argument, and then claim I ignored it.

So go ahead and continue this futile attempt at rationalizing your buy-in to the liberal rhetoric of the Republicans being so extreme-right. I will not further clutter your prized discussion with more observations of your shortcomings. Carry on.

As for your sig, I didn't and won't report it, as I'm not the type to go tattling on anyone, and it didn't piss me off. I was merely pointing it out to you. Sig limits are 500 x 200, including any text. You can find this information by simply clicking on the "Rules" button at the top and bottom of every forum page. Whine if you must. LMAO.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Saturday, December 05, 2009 9:38 AM on j-body.org
OK. The internet police appear to have left. Let's get back to the matter at hand,

=================================================================

In light of the concerns over right-wing extremism, and how it may actually end up working against the Republican Party, let's talk more about the pros and cons.

Should the GOP distance itself from, or more strongly align itself with, far-right interests?

Or should it leave that situation be, and concentrate instead on formulating policies that lean more to the center, so that more voters can be attracted and victories attained at the polls?

And why?




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:07 AM on j-body.org
in any situation where trying to get people on your side happens you have to water down the mesagge to feed the most amount of masses

there is a reason why pop music is called "wattered down" and also a reason why pop music has such a large audience. to have the most voters you have to allign yourself with the biggest audience possible.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 07, 2009 5:23 PM on j-body.org
i think family guy put it best:
Family Guy wrote:

Undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet.


unless we want more of nancy pelosi and harry reid, i'd say stick to your roots. why do you think republican turnout has been so low in previous years? lack of true conservative candidates is a great explanation.





Check out my build thread!

Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:19 AM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

i think family guy put it best:
Family Guy wrote:

Undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet.


unless we want more of nancy pelosi and harry reid, i'd say stick to your roots. why do you think republican turnout has been so low in previous years? lack of true conservative candidates is a great explanation.

I think it's been low because they are uninterested in the direction the party has gone. I can tell you it's why I vote for less Republicans these days than I used to. However, I don't think going even further right would solve the current crisis. It could very well deepen it.





Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:37 AM on j-body.org
People will vote Republican again the economy has to get better. When that happens people will be looking for lower taxes and then the Republicans can make a move. In my opinion and i will use my self a example is Canidates who changes parties all the time. I will give you example our mayor ran as a Republican yet he was anti-gun, pro- illegal immigration the only thing he promissed even though he did not deliver was no change in property taxes and a promise of large returns form the state when every one gets there refund. When Bush was no longer popular he changed parties again to independent. Then when he ran for his third term he changed to a republican again. I voted for Mccain but after senator Shelby,Dodd, and rest of GOP telling GM and Chryco to F&*&k them selves I wont vote Republican for a while

Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:48 AM on j-body.org
True dat yo, cuz da auto bailouts willy werked good. Saved gm and chryco from filin bankrupcy and made dem profatibel agen.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:15 AM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

i think family guy put it best:
Family Guy wrote:

Undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet.


unless we want more of nancy pelosi and harry reid, i'd say stick to your roots. why do you think republican turnout has been so low in previous years? lack of true conservative candidates is a great explanation.



and why are undecided the biggest idiots on the planet? because they choose not to pick a side and try to destroy the other side? because they would rather find some common middle ground rather then say its my way or no way? because they believe in picking the best person for the job and not the one with a D or R beside ther name?


your true hardcore republicans will not sit at the voting booth and say " well there isnt any true hardcore republicans so im going to vote democrat" those harecore guys will vote republican regardless. so the only way to get a bigger voting group is to go more moderate. then you pull in all those people that will swing from one side to the other.




http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:01 PM on j-body.org
^ i'm libertarian, not republican. i really dont give a @!#$ what the GOP does, but imo catering to the middle will do nothing for their base, and will push more true conservatives away.





Check out my build thread!

Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:01 PM on j-body.org
True dat yo, cuz da auto bailouts willy werked good. Saved gm and chryco from filin bankrupcy and made dem profatibel agen.
Nah Homey Chryco they did o Bankropt yo they used govament as a Buy of all da good assets and liqadated da rest same with Da General da only Diffrence is dat Chryco was pimped out 2 Fiat. And me personaly yo when a party lets dos Mexicans ilegaly and it efex My Local at da contracts time i take it personaly ni$$$ga. So as Far as i Know or cares so longs as my next whip has bow tie or Rams head on it G. I could care less if yo kids has to pick up da tab


people like Scott who are a good reason why we have anti gun, pro illegal imigration, prochoice, jewish Mayor form MA. but i like i said before people will vote republican again i mean look the public option jsut died today on the senate floor
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:56 AM on j-body.org
Mouse. I was playin devils advocate from da hood.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:21 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

^ i'm libertarian, not republican. i really dont give a @!#$ what the GOP does, but imo catering to the middle will do nothing for their base, and will push more true conservatives away.




where would you push a true conservative to? to become a democrat? i doubt that would happen. besides losing a hundred thousand comservatives would be moot if you picked up a million in the middle the true conservatives and the true democrats are alllot smaller then the amount of people in the middle.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:44 PM on j-body.org
independents can't be counted on as the base of a political party. i'm sorry, but they just can't be. they're all about different issues during different elections. thats why candidates appear to move toward the center during campaigns, to cater to the independents.

i'm not downplaying the importance of independent voters at all, just stating that it wouldn't be smart to make them the base of a political party.

and conservatives would never turn the the democratic party. i never said that at all. but with the direction the republican party is headed, we're gonna see more and more head to the libertarian camp.





Check out my build thread!

Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 5:18 AM on j-body.org
there are allot of people in the middle such as me that don't believe the far right is the proper direction for us, and that the far left isnt the way either, its some way in the middle. i lean towards the repulican side but have some democratic beliefs as well. if you lean more towards the middle your going to pull in those like me, where if you stay with the "hardcore" republican belifs you lose me.

saying you need to stay away from those in the middle (id guess the largest amount of people out there) is like saying well were a small group and we should stay to the beliefs of this small group because we know exactly what everyeone wants. you might as well be saying, we dont give a damn about what you believe in or feel is right, but would you please vote for us so our side can win.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 9:01 AM on j-body.org
Sndsgood. Since the republican party aint gonna budge in order to draw moderates, and neither will the democrats, then could make one of three choices:

1) Vote Libertarian

2) Vote Democrat, knowing you'll get liberal social issues and liberal fiscal issues.

3) Vote Republican, knowing you get conservative social and conservative fiscal issues.

If someone is a moderate, then they must choose: Which is more important to me, abortion and gay marriage, OR fiscal responsibility.

Not all moderates are social libs and fiscal conserv, but most of them. Some claim to be moderates, but applaud everything in the liberal playbood. Just which holds the highest priority for you?

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 9:09 AM on j-body.org
yeah right. republicans are not the vaunted voice of reason when it comes to fiscal responsibility. neither are the dems. both parties suck ass at budgeting and being responsible.





Check out my build thread!


Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Not the most recent bunch of repubs, Im talking bout the next wave ... The new contract with America well sign when we win the house


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 12:45 PM on j-body.org
heh. Better get some Moderates in the boat if you expect that to be anything more than a pipe dream




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 2:08 PM on j-body.org
As I have said before, I agree with you on where the votes are going to come from, but you are most definitely off base in how to get them.

I gave you one example reminding you of 1994, and that the GOP did not move to the middle to gain that victory, they simply stuck to a set of conservative principles, and came out all on the same page as a group, rather than fighting among themselves.

Here is another example to show you that it's not by moving to the middle that they will regain their votes. I posted this over the summer, but it's appropriate to this thread.

Another good survey here shows that more Americans associate themselves with conservative views than any other group. You will note that moderates fall behind by 5 points. You can also see that the trend is a decrease in moderates, and an increase in conservatives. This does not exactly support your theory, either.

The biggest reason moving to the middle doesn't work is because they start sounding like a "me, too" group, and there is no differentiation between the parties. The Dems have proven over and over again that their scare tactics work under these circumstances. When you can't show a clear difference, and your opponent simply claims that your party only cares about the rich, it's easy to see why a significant portion of the public will fall for it.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, December 11, 2009 2:19 PM on j-body.org
Good post!

One thing: I don't recall defining "how" they'll gain more moderate votes. What's your impression of my impression on that, and why/how did you reach your impression?





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search