Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:19 AM on j-body.org
Rightness is far better then... Wrongness.

But to say that the GOP has went more right, would be to say that the libs, have not gone more left.

IMO the thing that is being pushed is, that the center is more left, when its not... and the GOP is where it has always been.


Hell, right now, what would the people of 1906 think of us?

Ya, Marxist's....

Merry Christmas.

All you hojies (lovers) too!

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry



Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 28, 2009 5:55 AM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

Kee-rist. Yer blind. That Rasmussen site is plastered with rightieness...ads, links, U - NAME - IT.

I guess ya can't see what ya can't undertand. No shame in that...just a little embarrassment


Bill, I suggest you learn a little bit about banner ad technology as well as considering why groups purchase ads where they do before you make another statement like this.

The embarrassment is yours, not mine. Have a nice day.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 28, 2009 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Thanks! Have a nice day too

Oops. You overlooked everything BUT banner ads. Again! You numbskull...as if I need to be told about banner ad technology...I've been purchasing them since before you had a high-school diploma.

And you did make my point very well for me. Right-leaning advertisers prefer the sites that right-leaning consumers frequent. Just as the right-leaning "content providers" also find you and your ilk there, and feed you what you wanna see. Net result? RIGHT-BIASED SITE! Yes! yes! FINALLY you understand! wheee!

Have a nicer day by just drilling down to any of the "news"stories they also host. Or any of the links. Or ANY of the site! It's ALL rightoric, all presented in ways that make righties smile and say "damn right"!

And you actually thought this was a non-biased site? Bwahahaha...don't make me pull ITS pants down and spank IT in front of everyone too.

You won't like watching that



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 28, 2009 2:43 PM



Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 28, 2009 2:17 PM on j-body.org
Oh, by the way...some have asked what my current sig means. If it shows a dog screwing a man's face:

The man is an ultra-loyal right wing supporter who eagerly and hungrily consumes such biased "news" and "polls".
The dog is those "news" and "polls".





Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 28, 2009 4:48 PM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

Again! You numbskull...as if I need to be told about banner ad technology...I've been purchasing them since before you had a high-school diploma.
This is a double-facepalm statement, not to mention you're just dropping all the way down to puerile first grade level insults. You've been purchasing banner ads for 20 years, huh? I find that statement amusing in and of itself. Again, do more homework before you make statements. It's easy these days. You don't even have to get up off your ass.

By the way, I shouldn't have to tell you this, but just because you've been buying something for a long time doesn't mean you know how it works. Being in the automotive industry, you should be all too familiar with this fact. Half the people driving around in cars, even those with 30 years of driving experience, haven't got a damned clue how anything works in their vehicle. They just know how to use it, and that's arguable in many cases.


Attention ho wrote:

And you did make my point very well for me. Right-leaning advertisers prefer the sites that right-leaning consumers frequent. Just as the right-leaning "content providers" also find you and your ilk there, and feed you what you wanna see. Net result? RIGHT-BIASED SITE! Yes! yes! FINALLY you understand! wheee!
While Bush was in office, you could have gone on Rasmussen and seen plenty of banner ads linking to places like moveon.org, because they were purchasing ads where people go to look at the polls. Right now the majority of political banners are being purchased by groups trying to stop what's going on. They happen to be right-leaning, because the people in power are left. Plain and simple.

As for the articles, go back and read some of the ones they wrote over the last 8 years and tell me they're skewed. They are very good about being factual, and not simply making a rhetorical statement. Your problem is that as much as you claim "righties" go to a site like that just to find what they want to see, you go to a site like that and find bias that you want to find, because you're already sure it's there before you read a word.

You missed the point, I didn't make it for you. But, really, keep going. This is amusing.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Monday, December 28, 2009 8:55 PM on j-body.org
OK, so you are older than you act. It was a fair guess

Oh well, you know what's coming next...

Are you then ready to watch in horror as I disassemble your preferred Poll (lol!) site, and reveal it as yet another right-wing tool of the trade?




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:08 AM on j-body.org
Go ahead and "disassemble" Rasmussen. This should be amusing.

Also, since this discussion about Rasmussen started because you were trying to invalidate their polling results, these are questions asked in the Generic Ballot Poll:
Quote:

If the election for Congress were held today, would you vote for the Republican candidate from your district or for the Democratic candidate?

Are most Democrats in Congress politically conservative, moderate, or liberal?

Are most Republicans in Congress politically conservative, moderate, or liberal?


I couldn't put my hands on the questions asked in the Presidential Tracking Poll, but as anyone of reasonable intelligence can see, the above questions have absolutely no spin on them.
Regardless of how you feel about their commentary, or who pays to advertise on their site, you'd be a complete fool to try and paint their polls as skewed. So go ahead and show us what ya got.

Another little tidbit for you: in the last Presidential election, Rasmussen polls had the election results within 1 point. They were the closest of any of the polling groups. They have done this consistently. So if you were going to argue that their polls are skewed by question wording, and they are consistently in line with the actual election results, you would also have to argue that the actually election ballots are skewed in the same way, wouldn't you?








Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:06 AM on j-body.org
You try to misdirect the conversation again. No surprises there. But before I embarrass you, let's get back on track....

The point I am making, and that you will have to admit you are contesting before I will continue with my Expose of Rasmussen, is that it's a biased, right-heavy site.

Do you agree that this is the point I am making, and that you are contesting?




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:25 PM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

You try to misdirect the conversation again. No surprises there. But before I embarrass you, let's get back on track....
The point I am making, and that you will have to admit you are contesting before I will continue with my Expose of Rasmussen, is that it's a biased, right-heavy site.
Do you agree that this is the point I am making, and that you are contesting?
Bill, you're going to lose this one. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you. As Quik has pointed out, Rasmussen would have appeared to have a liberal-bias just a couple years ago.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:47 PM on j-body.org
How it looked a couple of years ago is immaterial to today's discussion.

Today, it leans hard right, and I'll demonstrate it as surely as I tore up that hack extremist Hoff's "articles" about Jennings! But first, Quik needs to verify the task at hand.




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:49 PM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

How it looked a couple of years ago is immaterial to today's discussion.
I don't see how it could have changed, unless you know of a major overhaul in personnel at Ras...




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:16 PM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

You try to misdirect the conversation again. No surprises there. But before I embarrass you, let's get back on track....

The point I am making, and that you will have to admit you are contesting before I will continue with my Expose of Rasmussen, is that it's a biased, right-heavy site.

Do you agree that this is the point I am making, and that you are contesting?
Please. I misdirect the conversation? As I pointed out in my last post, it was you who started talking about the bias of the site because I used their polls as evidence to support a point I made. Since you lost that argument, you're now looking for one to try to win. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Go ahead and make whatever point you want to. After all, it's you're facepalm of a thread, so tear it up on a tangent if you must.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:39 PM on j-body.org
Yes. Let's first recap, to clear your weak attempts at obfuscation.

You presented links to a site I found laughably biased, and I said:

Attention ho wrote:

Meh. More of the dependably presented rightwing rhetoric. "Polls", lol. "Polls" presented in a decidedly biased light, from a who-knows-how scientific cross-section of respondents. Is this the latest tactic, to present propaganda as "polls"?

Apparently the right has determined that the people they are trying (too hard!) to impress are stupid and/or under-informed. I think this insultory approach could backfire. It's not working on me, for one.

Show me one president that was ushered in on a platform of dizzy, euphoric change whose numbers didn't worsen in the first year. Then I can actually take some of this rightoric to heart. Until then, all one need do, as usual...is consider the source.


You whined that it isn't right-wing, and I countered:

Attention ho wrote:

Kee-rist. Yer blind. That Rasmussen site is plastered with rightieness...ads, links, U - NAME - IT.

I guess ya can't see what ya can't undertand. No shame in that...just a little embarrassment


You then whined about banner ads, and I patiently nudged you again:

Attention ho wrote:

Thanks! Have a nice day too

Oops. You overlooked everything BUT banner ads. Again! You numbskull...as if I need to be told about banner ad technology...I've been purchasing them since before you had a high-school diploma.

And you did make my point very well for me. Right-leaning advertisers prefer the sites that right-leaning consumers frequent. Just as the right-leaning "content providers" also find you and your ilk there, and feed you what you wanna see. Net result? RIGHT-BIASED SITE! Yes! yes! FINALLY you understand! wheee!

Have a nicer day by just drilling down to any of the "news"stories they also host. Or any of the links. Or ANY of the site! It's ALL rightoric, all presented in ways that make righties smile and say "damn right"!

And you actually thought this was a non-biased site? Bwahahaha...don't make me pull ITS pants down and spank IT in front of everyone too.

You won't like watching that


To which you side-tripped on a reference to your real age, which would have put me placing banner ads on the Web in apparently 1989, which did indeed fall a few years short of my company's start on the web (1994, were you out of college yet?), but I still didn't let you obscure the point with that lame tangent:

Attention ho wrote:

OK, so you are older than you act. It was a fair guess

Oh well, you know what's coming next...

Are you then ready to watch in horror as I disassemble your preferred Poll (lol!) site, and reveal it as yet another right-wing tool of the trade?


Which brings us to...Now. And away we go! You being the man in the sig, your rightie-sites the dog. Let this inquisition BEGIN!






Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:46 PM on j-body.org
you've stated in 5+ posts that you were gonna "spank" the Rasmussen poll. just @!#$ do it already then.

seems to me that somebody is tiptoeing around his claims.





Check out my build thread!

Is Rasmussen a right-wing biased site?
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:26 PM on j-body.org
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

We'll start by clicking on the link above. The following were today's Top Stories, 12-29-09:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll:
Every single point made in this poll's accompanying text is anti-Obama. Yep. Every...single...point.

Expectations Soar for Passage of Health Care Plan, But Most Still Oppose It:
In this article, it reads as a "talking points" set from the RNC. Try to tell me it does not, and I'll laugh in your face.

For First Time, Plurality Believes Stimulus Plan Hurt the Economy
Well, here we go...a chance to perhaps show something OTHER than the right-wing perception of the stimulus.
Did they take this chance? LOL, of course not. More RNC talking points.

What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls
And what did our hand-picked polls tell us? Yep. Right-wing perspectives, crowing about right-wing "victories." Nothing more.

Presidential Approval Index: Bush -30
I'm at a loss on this one, honestly...it's a news story almost a year old. A Top Story...today?

Voters Frown on Health Plan Details - Abortion, Proof of Citizenship, Public Option
General derision on the Dems here, just more of the same. Not neutral, not left, just right.

Two Economies: Government Workers Optimistic, Private Sector Not
Entertaining. Why are we even presenting a "poll" such as this one? Well, simple, duh! It paints the current administration in a poor light as guardians of the state job dole. More anti-"socialist" paranoia poking.

GOP Lead Slips to Five on Generic Ballot
What's trumpeted here? Why, the ongoing slip of the Dem's apparent stranglehold on the voters' sensibilities, of course! No stone left unturned in taking these "statistics" and spinning them to favor RNC platforms and candidates. Equal time? Hell no, who needs equal time, we gots STATISTICS!

79% Say Another Terror Attack Likely Within Year
Let's trot out those faithful Right Wing targets, folks! Every...single...point is one of them:
Napolitano takes a drubbing.
People are forgetting the importance of 9/11.
Rail on the Fort Hood shooting as a "terrorist act" (after all, it was a Muslim, wasn't it? lol)
Make more Muslims rat out their comrades!
Guantanamo!
Cyber attacks by Terrorists!
Consumer confidence down compared to when Bush whomped up on Iraq!

55% View Michelle Obama Favorably
Well golly, even good ol Mrs. Obama is slipping in the "polls", but of course we MUST point out that "it's not NEARLY as much as her husband is slipping!"

So. There we have it. Of all the "Top Stories", every one is right-sack-swinging, except for one that, for some reason, is a year old but now a Top Story again. And I bet we know why they included that one if we get our thinking Right...

I don't really see any need to keep exposing Rasmussen for what it is: a right-wing primer for the grumbling masses, selectively filtering alleged "poll" results to show only right-wing points. But if you want more of your face rubbed in it, just squirm some more, and I'll be glad to bring even more pain. There's still a helluva lot I have not addressed in this biased mess of a site.





Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:28 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:

you've stated in 5+ posts that you were gonna "spank" the Rasmussen poll. just @!#$ do it already then.

seems to me that somebody is tiptoeing around his claims.

Patience, my man. Good work takes time. Don't forget, I am the one who looks beyond the headlines to rat out the rhetoric. Quality posts like the one above are the result.

Plus, I like buliding anticipation...it makes Quik get hinky, and that's just fun!




Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:50 PM on j-body.org
So Bill, I'm highly curious to read your explaination of Brown taking down Coakley in a very liberal state, spending 1/3 of the money in advertising that she did.

It's been a while since I stirred this pot, and I could use a good laugh.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:53 PM on j-body.org
All in good time. What say we instead stay on topic, at least for the moment.

I'm still awaiting your reply to my efficient dismantling of Rasmussen as a rightie site. First things first, my man





Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:22 PM on j-body.org
There was no efficient dismantling to reply to. You simply showed the top stories on there. Unfortunately, the way Rasmussen's archiving works, there is no way to effectively find old articles. I believe you need to be a paying member, which I am not, to be able to search the archives. I'm sure this probably surprizes you, and pulls the rug out from whatever pointless snide remark you might have thought of making, but alas, it's the truth. However, when Bush was in office, you could have found the same matter-of-fact reporting and analyzing of the numbers.

Just to humor you, here is a link to a commentary posted on the very day of the 08 elections, debunking a headline twisting facts against Obama.

Also, I got a real chuckle out of your comment about the daily presidential tracking polls, and how every point in them is anti-Obama. Again, they read exactly the same as when Bush was in office. They are simply reporting facts of the poll results. The results are pretty anti-Obama at this point. Do you suggest they put the sympathetic spin on them, making it sound like the country is judging him harshly?

And, once again, I will point out that is actually you who is off topic. You've filled up the bottom of page 5, and almost all of page 6 trying to convince everyone of Rasmussens' bias, simply because I used one of their polls to back up my point. My last post regarding the MA special election was right on the topic of the thread.

You're hilarious. Thanks.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:00 PM on j-body.org
You're welcome! Thank you too for bringing me that Rasmussen site for hilarious dissection. It was almost as much fun as tearing to little bitty pieces that right-wing extremist's smear on Jennings. I won't tease you too much about the fact that it took you three weeks to reply to my post...nor that you only finally did so because I had to rub your nose in it to force you to reply. As for your (expectedly) weak response (sorry for not letting you change the subject and wiggling off the hook!)...well, we'll just let everyone who reads this wonder why you were afraid to reply. It certainly wasn't because you were working from a strong position

Yes, now that you've been sufficiently chastised for that bit of right-wrongness, I will be a good chap and reply to your latest post without requiring provocation. After all, someone has to raise the bar, and it is usually me. After all, I'd not want you to think that I could let it lay for weeks and just wish it would go away. That would be most cowardly

Just to show you how much I value your participation, I will even give my reply a post of its own, to follow this one.






Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:03 AM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:

So Bill, I'm highly curious to read your explaination of Brown taking down Coakley in a very liberal state, spending 1/3 of the money in advertising that she did.

It's been a while since I stirred this pot, and I could use a good laugh.


I applaud the fact that the GOP scored a win despite the Chicken Little approach their most vocal pundits have employed as of late, ad nauseum. If you take the time to review some of the earlier posts in this thread, you'll have no choice but to acknowledge two things:

1. I am not against the GOP; in fact, I wish for them to continue to move away from fearmongering tactics and more towards an effective position, for if we lose the GOP, we lose all.
2. The election in question was indeed swung by independent and, yes, Moderate voters, as per my predictions and preference. Thank God more middle-roaders were pulled into the fold. There may yet be hope for the GOP.

There is indeed life beyond doddering septugenarian rich men who can't even recall HOW many houses they own, accompanied by the vapid VP I'd like to fcuk. I await with great anticipation the more viable GOP candidates for 2012.






Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Friday, March 19, 2010 11:08 AM on j-body.org
To continue the discussion...does anyone have a finger on who might be in the running for the GOP presidential ticket in '12?





Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:49 PM on j-body.org
Anyone is better then osoma.


Like my Black Lab.

(Ya, billy will read in to that one a bit....but I did rescue him from Katrina.)

Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Saturday, March 20, 2010 4:58 PM on j-body.org
.......Thread Destroyer....... wrote:

To continue the discussion...does anyone have a finger on who might be in the running for the GOP presidential ticket in '12?
I'm looking forward to the overflowing of idiocy spewing from your keyboard when Palin runs. It should really rub your feathers the wrong way.







Re: Right Makes Might? How the GOP is surrendering to extremism
Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:21 PM on j-body.org
Palin running would be the complete admission of defeat. I don't think they are that stupid; I'm suprprised to learn you might be. Do you really think she's a viable candidate to right a capsized party?





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search