so.... is Obama a Muslim? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so.... is Obama a Muslim?
Sunday, December 06, 2009 6:24 PM on j-body.org

Sure seems that way....

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: so.... is Obama a Muslim?
Monday, December 07, 2009 3:23 AM on j-body.org
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

Although I do not agree with most of what he is about, this is a highly disingenuous video that inspires nothing more than a facepalm. Read the whole article.

Monday, December 07, 2009 8:04 AM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

Although I do not agree with most of what he is about, this is a highly disingenuous video that inspires nothing more than a facepalm. Read the whole article.

I read the article.... you are 100% correct about the video. I'm no fan of Obama and I'm very leery of his ethics. I guess I to willing to do something I very rarely do: believe something on the internet without corroborating evidence. Thank-you for setting the record straight.

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Monday, December 07, 2009 2:03 PM on j-body.org
Told ya so last year......

HA

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, December 07, 2009 5:55 PM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

I respect you for setting the record straight and defending the truth. Even more so because you could have played the game by saying nothing and letting that fly. To many people get caught up in "playing the democrat vs republican game". We menaing the american people have plenty of valid issues and concerns to discuss without making issues up that don't exist. We will leave the making stuff up to Hillary Clinton with her sniper fire. lol

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 07, 2009 11:38 PM on j-body.org
OK. So, lets just say, for the sake of lively debate (this is purely hypothetical and NOT me suggesting in any way that it is true)...let's say Obama is, and always was, a Muslim. Why would that be a problem in the land of the Free? Don't we embrace all religions, or did I miss the part of the Constitution that says only certain religions are acceptable for the Presidency? Remember, the key condition here is "is and always was", not "was recently found out to be". Is the general suggestion here that Muslims are unfit for the Presidency because a small fraction of their religion is associated with terrorism and oppressive government?

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:15 AM on j-body.org
The short answer would be that if he is a Muslim, then he's been lying about it. If he would lie about his religious beliefs, what won't he lie about?

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 4:38 AM on j-body.org
i agree, the lying about it would be the first and major ding, then to see where his beliefs lie, no diffrent then if you had someone of christian faith but who happened to be on the extreme end of things. id like to know where on the scale you placed your hat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:The short answer would be that if he is a Muslim, then he's been lying about it. If he would lie about his religious beliefs, what won't he lie about?

For my hypothetical, we're presuming he always was a Muslim, and it was always known he was. Not that it was "discovered" at some point, and that he'd been lying about it all along.

So...why should religious affiliation prevent any person from seeking and attaining public office in the most free nation on Earth?

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 9:53 AM on j-body.org
there was this religious group out in arizona somewhere that read something in the bible about dancing with serpets or something to that effect, so they have a ritual where you have to walk across the floor a certain distance that has poinsonous snakes littered around it, and if you dont get bit your worthy of god. if you get bit its gods way of saying your not worthy. i remember hearing about a 10 year old or some small aged child getting bit and dying a few years back, i would not want someone who was this kind of religious zealot running our country.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:53 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

....should religious affiliation prevent any person from seeking and attaining public office in the most free nation on Earth?
Answer: No

Would a Muslim get elected President?
Answer: No freaking way....

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:05 PM on j-body.org
Moderate Voice of the People wrote:OK. So, lets just say, for the sake of lively debate (this is purely hypothetical and NOT me suggesting in any way that it is true)...let's say Obama is, and always was, a Muslim. Why would that be a problem in the land of the Free? Don't we embrace all religions, or did I miss the part of the Constitution that says only certain religions are acceptable for the Presidency? Remember, the key condition here is "is and always was", not "was recently found out to be". Is the general suggestion here that Muslims are unfit for the Presidency because a small fraction of their religion is associated with terrorism and oppressive government?

thank you. i've had to explain this to numerous peers, there's extremists in every group. no different than white people committing mass murders.

just because a person is islamic doesn't make them a religious extremist, declaring jihad on every american.

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:14 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:
Quote:

....should religious affiliation prevent any person from seeking and attaining public office in the most free nation on Earth?
Answer: No

Would a Muslim get elected President?
Answer: No freaking way....

Agreed.

Sad statement on "the land of the free", isn't it?

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:33 PM on j-body.org
Would a Jap have gotten Elected in to office back in 1952?

as far as extremist in every group.....

sure,

But when is the last time you had a Jew, or a Christian crashing plain's in to buildings?

Or running down US War ships with bombs?

the crayon (yes, i know its not spelled like that, but I really do hate them) is a very "take over other religions" book, even though in other parts it calls Christianity and Judaism its "brothers"...

I see this not ending with in the next 50 years, not with this leadership we have\had.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:41 PM on j-body.org
Moderate Voice of the People, your sig is farking huge...

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 2:00 PM on j-body.org
I know. I have to find a smaller cartoon soon!

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:But when is the last time you had a Jew, or a Christian crashing plain's in to buildings?

It's sad when an entire religion is held accountable for the actions of a few. But, I suppose that's just the way it is for some folks in this wild world! I, for one, do not discriminate against Muslims...or Jews, or Christians for that matter. I can't condemn an entire group of people that way. There's too much good in this world to let some bad destroy my perceptions of humanity, even a segment of it.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 4:00 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Would a Jap have gotten Elected in to office back in 1952?

sure,

But when is the last time you had a Jew, or a Christian crashing plain's in to buildings?

the crayon (yes, i know its not spelled like that, but I really do hate them) is a very "take over other religions" book, even though in other parts it calls Christianity and Judaism its "brothers"...

I see this not ending with in the next 50 years, not with this leadership we have\had.

Chris

St. Valentine's Day Massacre, IRA, Ku Klux Klan, Army of God, etc.

they may not have crashed planes into buildings, but terrorism definitely isn't exclusive to muslims.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:02 PM on j-body.org
Timothy McVey, Unabomber, Basque ETA, Tylenol Killer...

not a Moslem in the bunch.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:18 PM on j-body.org
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that we've only had 1 Catholic (JFK) and 1 divorced (Regan) President. Not a single Jew, Oriental, or Native American.... we have our prejudices....

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:08 PM on j-body.org
Jews are too smart to run for President, lol!

Oh, and a friendly point...they don't like being called Orientals any more. Stick with "Asian".

Right you are about our prejudices. They die very slowly, these vile creatures...

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:02 PM on j-body.org
well, @!#$ with the way congress spends money, maybe we need a jew as our next president! they'd whip those bastards in legislation into shape.

and about the oriental thing, whats wrong with it? in latin, oriente means east. its simply calling them people to the east. i see no problem with it. too many people get their panties twisted about names. white people get called whitey, cracker, honkey and you don't see us complaining.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:11 AM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Would a Jap have gotten Elected in to office back in 1952?

sure,

Chris

St. Valentine's Day Massacre, IRA, Ku Klux Klan, Army of God, etc.

they may not have crashed planes into buildings, but terrorism definitely isn't exclusive to muslims.

Yes, the hojies do small crap like that, ALL THE TIME OVER THERE, just no one hears about it.

Im talking BIG @!#$.

But in todays world, here in the states, it is popular to blame ourselves for the wrong doings of others.

Yes, we must have "upset the muslam world with our ways"

We need to do as Gen. Pershing did.

Kill them with a dead pig in front, and make all the riflemen dip there rounds in the pigs blood and then shoot them.

How else to fight a people that dose not fear death, but to make them fear hell?

the "teaching" crap, would take over 100 years over there.

and as far as calling them whatever, OHH NOOOS, i had my fealings hurt?!

If the worst things that happens to me is I get called a name, I'm doing alright, ya know?

Chris

Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:23 PM on j-body.org
Short answer, who cares if Obama is muslim??? Short of some crazy conservative media types, narrow minded idiots, and every member of the 700 Club, I am willing to bet that most people really don't think the world will end if Obama really is muslim. Is it an impeachable offense? No. Is it going to piss people off??? Yes. Will it affect everyones day to day life and matters of government policy? Probably not. If anything, were it to be discovered that Obama was truly a muslim and lied about it, all it means is that he is a coward. Nothing more, nothing less.

You have to remember people, muslims are just the bad guys at the moment. Christians were the bad guys during the Crusades and through most of the middle ages, pagans were the bad guys before that, and Jews can't catch a break. They've been evil off and on for more than 2000 years now. Its nothing new. Muslims are just the latest and greatest scourge of society. Rest assured, just give it a couple hundred years or so and another group will be the supreme evil.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:28 PM on j-body.org
P.S. I'm waiting for the antichrist rhetoric to start pouring in after the muslim debate/controversy/witch hunt falls through.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search