What they don't talk about with unemployment figures - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What they don't talk about with unemployment figures
Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:01 PM on j-body.org
I know you're not a Geithner fan, but I remain convinced that he and his crew did indeed stave off a meltdown of nuclear proportion. Much of the business world agrees. I'm not a trained economist, and as such, I feel ill-suited to second guess them. And I'd like to pre-emptively strike against the knee-jerky of calling him a Tax Cheat. Everyone has their fingers in the till to some degree, and doing so does not indict the man's economic skill set. Two totally separate issues.

What could have happened would have been far more destructive than what did happen. It's all going to take time to play itself out, and let's face it...these guys just got in charge, and will be in charge for another three years. I think beating my head against that wall is largely a waste of time, so rather than tilt at those windmills, I'm going to stand back and see what it all leads to. They cannot be stopped, or even highly mitigated...not soon, anyway.

Re: What they don't talk about with unemployment figures
Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:56 AM on j-body.org
the key to economic recovery here is to get people with money to invest their money. People got caught stealing and swindling millions and millions of dollars with almost zero punishment. Think about it. How does the news always base the status of our economy? they base it on how the stock market is doing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search