How is this ad Offensive, REALLY??? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How is this ad Offensive, REALLY???
Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:12 AM on j-body.org
KFC Australian AD story
Seriously Everybody Loves Fried Chicken whether they're Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American etc... except for the PETA and Vegans. So What, it's offensive to hand a black person a peice of Fried Chicken now. This Politically Correct crap is getting so ridiculous anymore. They had a story on the local news the other day about a few people being offended about the term Negro on the Census questionaires, Story & Video link.

Re: How is this ad Offensive, REALLY???
Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:22 AM on j-body.org
It's completely out of context to compare cultural references from a nation as vastly different from ours as Australia. I challenge the folks who take it out of its native nation's context to find something more worthy of their time.

Australians are clearly much less worked up about such things, and I applaud them for their ability to not freak out every time someone refers to a stereotype, especially in a humorous vein.

Tempest in a teapot for those offended. They really need to find something else that matters, for this truly does not.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 10:06 AM on j-body.org
We were just discussing this last night...

Its not that there less worked over things like that. To them there is nothing to get worked up about. To me there isnt either.

Australians see it as

An Australian man (Mainly White people) is sitting in a group of West Indies (mainly blacks) an opposing team. They're getting rowdy and he calms them down, by sharing his food with them. Because its so good it turns a rowdy crowd into a calm one.

KFC is saying share a bucket...

American Blacks see it as

White boy is sitting with a bunch of niggers dancing around to jungle music because thats what all black people do in the white mans eyes and little whitey decides to give them KFC cause all black people love KFC, as a barter for them to leave him alone...

KFC is being racist

Saturday, January 09, 2010 10:24 AM on j-body.org
I was just thinking about this a bit more, and the NBC news video that accompanies it...

Here's the irony I just realized. The black fella in the vid openly states that KFC has a large black following in the USA. In other words, he understands and admits that black folks like fried chicken. So, he's being a total hypocrite in saying that someone non-black also knowing that black folks like fried chicken is somehow racist.

Let's flip it around. I am 50% Polish. If another Polish told me that I should be offended because a black person knew I might like Pierogi and Kielbasa (and this is very true!), and thus offered it to me as a gesture of goodwill...well, I'd be very confused as to why that should "offend" me. On the other hand, let's say for instance that despite my Polish ancestry, I actually don't care for those foods...well, I'd just graciously decline them, but I'd still understand that the giver's heart was in the right place.

It's a valid comparison, for Polish folks have been the target of racism and derision for a long time too. Maybe we weren't asked to step to the back of the bus 50 years ago, but at least black nations were always allowed to exist in Africa...Poland was wiped off the maps of Europe through three centuries, not being restored to sovereign status until after WWI.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:02 PM on j-body.org
Sounds to me as if the black man has a problem, not the white guy.

racism dose exist, just not the kind shoved down every school kids neck.

where is the straight white males 10 point preference for jobs, schools or anything else for that matter?

But we are all "equal"

Right?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:13 PM on j-body.org
I'd say 90% of people under 30 are non-racist these days, from experience. So I just don't give a @!#$ anymore.

Doesn't offend me, I don't see the offense in it.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 10:52 PM on j-body.org
i'm part irish, but don't ever offer me a beer because thats a stereotype my ancestors just couldn't shake

@!#$ bastards.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, January 11, 2010 1:06 AM on j-body.org
its called the CROWD PLEASER BUCKET!!!
he is just pleasing the crowd, because he is surrounded
by a group cheering the opposing team! he distracted them
with chicken, so they wouldnt murder him! hahaah!

....i did lol when i saw the commercial tho...no lie!

Monday, January 11, 2010 6:19 PM on j-body.org
Now it they'd have called it the nappy headed ho pleaser bucket, I could see the problem. Just think, they could get Imus to pitch that one!

Monday, January 11, 2010 11:02 PM on j-body.org
^ i would pay to see that ad.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:02 PM on j-body.org
Black people don't know what they're talking about. I don't know if it's entirely relevent but reading this thread makes me think of this...

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:04 PM on j-body.org
And I didn't mean to sound like a black basher there I know every race has it's faulty members...

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Friday, January 15, 2010 11:43 AM on j-body.org
ChrisH4Life wrote:And I didn't mean to sound like a black basher there I know every race has it's faulty members...

its the faulty members that everyone bases their beliefs of the race on it seems.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, January 15, 2010 1:59 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
ChrisH4Life wrote:And I didn't mean to sound like a black basher there I know every race has it's faulty members...
its the faulty members that everyone bases their beliefs of the race on it seems.
You mean Taestch wanting to bomb the entire middle-east back to the stone age isn't necessarilly logical?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Friday, January 15, 2010 2:14 PM on j-body.org
KFC even cleared it up. They explained that it was for Australia and it was for the cricket game going on when it was aired. Enough said, don't argue over it.

Also, about the "too easy" thing, that's BS. He was supporting the opposing team and please the crowd. Hence the crowd pleasing.

F all the critics who have nothing better to do with their time.

I'm not going anywhere just yet

R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan '81-'09
Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:26 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
sndsgood wrote:
You mean Taestch wanting to bomb the entire middle-east back to the stone age isn't necessarilly logical?

Ya, they already live in the stone age.

But it would be an excuse to get rid of 50 year old bombs

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:33 AM on j-body.org
lmao i still love the popeye's 'we outta chicken' slogan.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:05 PM on j-body.org
Love that chicken from Popeye's!

Well, I do...and I am as white as the driven snow.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:54 PM on j-body.org
Im offended by Popeyes they never show white folk in their commercials

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:54 PM on j-body.org
I don't care...and if they start offering deep-fried Kielbasa, I will never eat anywhere else!

RED BEANS AND RICE FOREVER!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:03 PM on j-body.org
Red beans and rice is a Porte Rican food.

and its awesome

As for the the KFC thing.... I think its funny.

I hope racism never dies, its just to freaking hilarious.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:30 PM on j-body.org
so if they handed the bucket to a white guy would some wiggers get pissed?

Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:24 PM on j-body.org
ChevyBoi89 wrote:its called the CROWD PLEASER BUCKET!!!
he is just pleasing the crowd, because he is surrounded
by a group cheering the opposing team! he distracted them
with chicken, so they wouldnt murder him! hahaah!

....i did lol when i saw the commercial tho...no lie!

i wont lie i'm with this guy lol i lol'd till my sides hurt when i saw this, but then realized it could be viewed as rather offensive in the right persons eyes

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Monday, March 01, 2010 11:30 PM on j-body.org
Just for the record,

I absolutely love both fried chicken and watermelon, and im a white guy.... I honestly cant think of 2 things that would make a better dinner outside on a summer eavening.

Just saying......

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:27 AM on j-body.org
i think things got worse when people in general started worrying about possible offending someone. like all the sudden it was as if everyone decided that no one should ever be offended.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search