What's happeninng to the ORG? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's happeninng to the ORG?
Monday, January 18, 2010 6:18 AM on j-body.org
Citizens for Strength and Security

I just saw these tool bags on this forum at the top as well as facebook and a few other places, do we have any say over who is advertising on these forums. If I knew not renewing my premium would end up causing these kind of organizations to be our ads, I would have renewed.

Any thoughts on the psychology of these obvious liberals using these same old George Bush is the enemy of all tofu loving people style tactics. I think now there is enough separation from Bush and Obama presidencies where they may want to use tactics that tackle the issues; then again what do i know about these things.

Should we start a fundraiser or pass a collection bin so we can afford as an org just to have car advertisments?
I'll start with my .02




Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Monday, January 18, 2010 7:41 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

About Citizens for Strength & Security (CSS)

Citizens for Strength and Security (CSS) is an independent political organization formed under section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code. The organization seeks to raise awareness of issues important to America’s middle class.

CSS’s activities are designed to spark a debate about America’s future and ensure any discussion about our way forward includes a discussion about the priorities of working families, including health care, energy, the economy, fiscal responsibility and retirement security.

Founded in 2008, CSS is supported by a coalition of interests that includes organized labor and champions of working families. Our issue advertising has run across the country, including Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and North Carolina.

Please check back for our latest issue ads and research.


What's the problem with this? Last time I checked it was still a free country....







“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:36 AM on j-body.org
do what i do and just don't pay attention to any ads. i couldnt tell you who posts adds on here.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:00 PM on j-body.org
BigBob wrote:

Quote:

About Citizens for Strength & Security (CSS)

Citizens for Strength and Security (CSS) is an independent political organization formed under section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code. The organization seeks to raise awareness of issues important to America’s middle class.

CSS’s activities are designed to spark a debate about America’s future and ensure any discussion about our way forward includes a discussion about the priorities of working families, including health care, energy, the economy, fiscal responsibility and retirement security.

Founded in 2008, CSS is supported by a coalition of interests that includes organized labor and champions of working families. Our issue advertising has run across the country, including Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and North Carolina.

Please check back for our latest issue ads and research.


What's the problem with this? Last time I checked it was still a free country....



So was 1932 Germany...



Chris



Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:26 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:

BigBob wrote:

Quote:

About Citizens for Strength & Security (CSS)

Citizens for Strength and Security (CSS) is an independent political organization formed under section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code. The organization seeks to raise awareness of issues important to America’s middle class.

CSS’s activities are designed to spark a debate about America’s future and ensure any discussion about our way forward includes a discussion about the priorities of working families, including health care, energy, the economy, fiscal responsibility and retirement security.

Founded in 2008, CSS is supported by a coalition of interests that includes organized labor and champions of working families. Our issue advertising has run across the country, including Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and North Carolina.

Please check back for our latest issue ads and research.


What's the problem with this? Last time I checked it was still a free country....



So was 1932 Germany...



Chris



Chris



So that means we should limit free speech? Censoring those we disagree with is even more like 1932 Germany.






“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:29 PM on j-body.org
Not selling ad space is not censorship.

If readers of Newsweek hate Miracle Gro ads, so much so that they threaten to boycott the mag...newsweek drops the ad....not censorship.

Same thing here. Overkill on referring to 1932 Germany though


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:44 PM on j-body.org
my point is not so much dem or rep or free speech, but i do marketing for a living and these half a$$ hacks trying to influence an election without an iota of fact do not seem like the type dave would allw to advertise here. eother way i mean this is a car site, you would expect ads about cars, kind of like how on oprah you expect ads for feminine hygiene products. it just seems out of place.
as far as 1932 germany goes, look into what the progressives did to germany to create that through the treaty of Versailles. if someone had smacked my mother, made kids with my sister and stole my candy bar, I may be interested in retribution as well..... but thats not the point of the thread for sure..

btw i am soooo glad obama and his cronies lost the election today, serves those >>>>suckers right



Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:27 PM on j-body.org
41 is my new favorite number.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:16 AM on j-body.org
Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:

my point is not so much dem or rep or free speech, but i do marketing for a living and these half a$$ hacks trying to influence an election without an iota of fact do not seem like the type dave would allw to advertise here. eother way i mean this is a car site, you would expect ads about cars, kind of like how on oprah you expect ads for feminine hygiene products. it just seems out of place.
as far as 1932 germany goes, look into what the progressives did to germany to create that through the treaty of Versailles. if someone had smacked my mother, made kids with my sister and stole my candy bar, I may be interested in retribution as well..... but thats not the point of the thread for sure..

btw i am soooo glad obama and his cronies lost the election today, serves those >>>>suckers right



when your trying to keep things running and need money to do it some people aren't as picky where they get it from, im sure companies aren't beating down daves door wanting to throw money at him.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:55 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:

my point is not so much dem or rep or free speech, but i do marketing for a living and these half a$$ hacks trying to influence an election without an iota of fact do not seem like the type dave would allw to advertise here. eother way i mean this is a car site, you would expect ads about cars, kind of like how on oprah you expect ads for feminine hygiene products. it just seems out of place.
as far as 1932 germany goes, look into what the progressives did to germany to create that through the treaty of Versailles. if someone had smacked my mother, made kids with my sister and stole my candy bar, I may be interested in retribution as well..... but thats not the point of the thread for sure..

btw i am soooo glad obama and his cronies lost the election today, serves those >>>>suckers right



when your trying to keep things running and need money to do it some people aren't as picky where they get it from, im sure companies aren't beating down daves door wanting to throw money at him.
Are you guys talking about the Google ad banners here? Those are based on page content, Dave has no say over what shows up there. You'll see car-related ads in threads about cars, and political ads in threads about politics...

Also note that sndsgood would have no idea about these since premium members aren't subjected to them.




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:22 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

41 is my new favorite number.
x2
Thank you people of Massachusetts



"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net


Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:50 PM on j-body.org
I have tried repeatedly to advertise on this forum and in doing so, give it money. In every instance, I have been greeted with the hilarious but insulting response of...nothing. Not even a note saying why.

I suppose it's easier to just get on the Googlewagon.

Sigh.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:01 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

41 is my new favorite number.
Just the start, my friend.

And given this poll by MSNBC (let's hear how this one is right leaning):

"Should the White House and congressional Democrats try to pass the health care overhaul bill after Martha Coakley's Senate loss?:



I'd say it's pretty obvious the mood has severly shifted away from their agenda in this country.







Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Fact is, I don't know that "the mood" was all that much in favor of "their agenda" in the first place. As such, said shift would be much less seismic than you'd like to believe.

One need not be a right-winger to see how ineffective this healthcare process has become. Even moderates like myself see no good to come of it. There's a hell of a lot more of us than anyone realizes, no matter how many Dems got voted into Congress on Obama's coattails.

Yes, I said it...who do we have to blame for the Democratic majority in Congress? John McCain and Sarah Palin. Many Americans do vote straight party tickets...at least enough to have made a considerable difference int he last national election. And that caused a shift that's real.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:38 PM on j-body.org
Actually, the mood has changed. For the first few months of the year, the majority was content to simply believe that they had the best intentions, and were going to fix all of the problems "caused by the 'failed policies of the last 8 years'". Had they tried for the health care bill last spring, it would have passed with a substantial amount of public support. However, over the past year, the public has become widely aware of the fact that the current leaders in the Whitehouse and Congress have had an agenda that they simply want to push through, and the mood is no longer that of support for them.

And the McCain Palin comment is as wrong, old, and burned-out as Obama blaming everything on Bush. That's a subject I'm bored discussing, but I will simply say that you got it half right.

McCain is a softy centrist who tried to gain independents and liberals by constantly playing the me-too game. It failed. I believe it was pointed out in your "right makes might" thread already. Frankly, Palin brought his campaign back toward the principles of conservatism slightly. If he had picked another more moderate running mate like himself, I think he would have lost by a larger margin. Remember, he had the uphill battle, because no matter what kind of campaign he ran, he wore the same uniform as the extremely unpopular outgoing President: Republican. Obama quite simply had the easier position: just run against Bush and the Republicans.







Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:12 PM on j-body.org
I'm not so sure...Bush was not unpopular because he was a Republican. Bush was unpopular because he was a complete lout where Presidential qualities are concerned. The only reason Bush got elected a second time is because a miltaristic and pissed-off America was still smarting from 9/11, and could not bear the concept of Kerry as his successor. The fact that this was the best two candidates we could find in a nation of 300 MILLION mostly numbed the public. They were forced to choose the lesser of two evils.

McCain was a sacrificial lamb who was thrown a bone by being allowed to run. No one expected him to win, least of all the RNC, so they further experimented by tossing in Palin. Be very sure that any truly viable candidates were saved for 2012, for this one was just unwinnable.

Now, back to the thread topic.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:50 PM on j-body.org
OK wait a F-ing second....

Not shipping Jobs overseas has always been a conservative way of thinking not liberal....

And I happen to agree with it.. Outsourcing (when not 100% neccisary and doesnt take away jobs here) should be a form of treason as far as im concerned,


and 2, I run an ad-blocker so I havnt seen an add on the internet in a while.... I forgot this site even had them (since I cant see them)

and 3, Give Bush all the crap you want..... I'd like to see you do a better job.... about the only real thing he did that really pisssed me off was the national security act.... but most of that has gone away now because the bill had an expiration date LOL... but the damage is still there and will linger forever so I still dont like it.

Other then that (and the fact we are still in the middle east), I never really had a problem with the guy.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:57 PM on j-body.org
Meh. Bush was a putz, and couldn't have been elected mayor of a small town were it not for his connections and money. You know you want to admit it.

You WOULD see me do a better job of not looking like a total dumbfcuk. And that, ladies and/or gentlemen, is where he completely failed. Never before have I seen a President make such a fool of himself over and over. They should have found a body-double for him, for it seems the presence of cameras made him turn into a short-bus kid. I don't know, perhaps behind the scenes, he was a God. Somehow I really doubt it.

I don't disrespect everything he did. I just find his Presidency to be a low point.

By the way: It was on his watch that more jobs were shipped overseas than in any other presidency. Way to adhere to those conservative principles!






Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:01 PM



Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:14 PM on j-body.org
I agree that he came off as a dumbass quite a bit.... I honestly cant belive some of the crap he said over the years LOL, but you cant base his presidency on just that.

And as for jobs being sent overseas when he was president, he didnt have anything to do with that, its called free trade and businesses have been able to do it forever and have been doing it, the president at the time didnt have a damn thing to do with it.

Thats like picking a person in a room at random and blaming them for something they didnt even know about... like saying its your wife's fault you cant find your car keys, when your the dumbass that left them in the car.

Ya..... the president woke up one morning and thought "I know, lets send more jobs over seas" and just magically made it so..... come on.

The companies in question are the ones to blame for it and thats that.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:01 AM on j-body.org
Well, it was your point that "not sourcing jobs overseas" is a conservative position, and not liberal.

How is such a point even worth stating if a conservative administration lasting eight years can't stem the tide?

Are we also to believe that all business owners who outsource are...liberals? I find that highly unlikely.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:18 AM on j-body.org
Heh, the author sounds like Fascist, must be residue from the previous administration. If you don't want see the ads, pay for premium and BAM...they are gone.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:14 AM on j-body.org
"Conservative way of thinking" and "republicans taking action" are 2 different things. (I was talking regular people not politicians)

Yes a lot of them feel this way.... but no ones going to stick there neck out in the political arena (as of yet) and say... "hey we need to stop this"

biggest reason being theres nothing for them to gain personally.... all parties are corrupt no matter wich side im on.

Its just that you called someone a liberal for not liking outsourcing and that just didnt make sense...

And I'm also just tired of everyone blaming the president for every little damn thing.... yes sometimes its applicable.... but most often it isnt.... he's just one person and doesnt have the massive power people think he does.... the many people the make up our governement are the ones you need to be angry at.... they are the ones that create most the things we;re all so pissed off about.

Its all bBushes fault, or its all Obammas fault......

it never one persons fault..... stop putting all the blame on just one person just because you dont like them.... even if they are guilty, at least acknowledge that he alone didnt do it, even if he does happen to be the ringleader.....

Hell a lot of times... the president tried to keep something from happening that we are blaming him for its just that the masses are too stupid to know the difference.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:15 AM on j-body.org
Attention ho wrote:

By the way: It was on his watch that more jobs were shipped overseas than in any other presidency.
LOL. Please back that up with some statistics. It's preferable that you are able to show the relationships between your chosen statistics, I'd really just like to see what numbers you are referring to here. FYI, here are the beginning and ending stats for the workforce and employed in the US during the Bush presidency (the left column is the workforce, the right column is the employed in the workforce):



Over 10 million more people in the US workforce than when he took office. While the unemployment rate did surge in the last year, note that there were still over 5.5 million more people employed in the US when he left office then when he took office.

Contrast that to the following:




657 thousand less people in the workforce in one year, and 4.2 million less people employed. (Side note: they said we're stablizing, because we "stayed" at 10% unemployment last month, but the reality is that we lost 750 thousand jobs)

One last point regarding Bush hurting the jobs in this country to ponder: broken down by groups of years, here are the workforce and employment stats during the GWB era:




Everyone know what changed between those two groups of years? Something to think about, isn't it?

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Heh, the author sounds like Fascist, must be residue from the previous administration.
LOL. Still beating that drum, are we?






Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Ah yes...what a difference two years can make

Our economy began to hemomorrhage jobs at the beginning of the third quarter of 2007, and has done so ever since. That is a statistic you can count on, and it occurred nearly "two years" before the current Administration took office.

However, you seem to believe that somehow, the current administration should somehow be held accountable for the continuing job losses that are almost exclusively attributable to the situation in place upon their arrival. Please, do share with us the "magic wand" that the new administration COULD have used to just erase that problem instantly. You obviously believe they could have just reversed this trend practically overnight...show us your immense knowledge on how this is to be accomplished, how they are to undo the damage wrought by many years of previous malfeasance. Don't quote statistics, just describe how it's done.

This should be good.

P.S.: Presuming your "statistics" on job growth are true, I have some very disconcerting math for you.

The US Population grew by 27 million from 2000 to 2010. Yet we gained only 10 million jobs. That's a net deficit of 17 million. Now, of course, not all the population growth immediately took jobs; but during this same time period, many citizens of that existing 2000 total became of job-holding age, so this becomes essentially moot.

Now, you better understand what unemployment statisitics really mean, and how 10 million "new" jobs do not account for 27 million new citizens. Math > you.

Mark Twain perhaps said it best: There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and Statistics.





Re: What's happeninng to the ORG?
Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:58 AM on j-body.org
Misinformation Peddler wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Heh, the author sounds like Fascist, must be residue from the previous administration.
LOL. Still beating that drum, are we?

Don't worry your drum still beats louder with your cynical polls and irrelevant-half-truth graphs, the decibals honor is still yours.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search