Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!! - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pro Gun Control? Get in here!!!
Friday, February 12, 2010 4:21 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:So you cant let drain oil go in to the ground...

damn this whole time I thought I was recycling it by doing so... ya know, so it can get pumped back clean like water does...

weird

Chris

come on guys you dont put it in the sewer, you recycle it back into the ground, thats where it came from right? yoru just helping nature along when you pout it out in the grass on your side yard....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Friday, February 12, 2010 6:56 AM on j-body.org
Well, they say oil did come from Dinosaurs...and the attitudes expressed here also seem rather primitive

Makes me wonder how primitive man approached the "spear control" debate. Probably by just spearing his opponents, thereby solving the debate decisively. This may be why they get so frustrated about it now...they can no longer just kill their opponents! Such repression of instinct apparently can lead to some really irrational behaviors...

Friday, February 12, 2010 1:34 PM on j-body.org
Thus explaining the vote in '08!

Your on to something man!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, February 12, 2010 1:41 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:Thus explaining the vote in '08!

Your on to something man!

Chris
I can explain the '08 vote in one word. It's spelled P.A.L.I.N.
Hey look, we're gun-related again, it's gone full-circle in 2 posts...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Friday, February 12, 2010 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Nah,

It was all that "hopeie changie" stuff!

EARTH FIRST!

we can mine the other plaint latter.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, February 12, 2010 10:08 PM on j-body.org
How did gun control get turned into used oil in our water tables?

I'm anti gun control btw and think every adult in america should be able to buy and carry a hand gun.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:57 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
INFIDEL wrote:You have people like that in every "club" rather it be in atving and leaving bottles on the ground, or sleading.
Yeah, I come across a bottle or wrapper every once in a while on a hiking trail, but only in areas popular with tourists and other more recreational users.
Mountain bikers are by far the best when it comes to "pack-in, pack-out", but I think that partially comes with not carrying much in the first place.
Off-roaders can be good or bad, seems to depend more on, um, social class? Obviously the more trendy areas like the sand dunes are basically garbage pits.

But shooters, by far and large, leave more @!#$ than everyone else combined. I've seen a few clean up their cans/bottles/targets afterwards. But I've never seen any picking up shells or clay pigeon pieces.

clay pigeons are biodegradable, no point in wasting the time to pick them up. however, i do always pick up my plastic/brass when target shooting.

side note, reading through this thread makes me even happier that bill got banned.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:20 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:How did gun control get turned into used oil in our water tables?

Weebel wrote:every adult in america should be able to buy and carry a hand gun.
I really hope you don't mean that...
RuggedZ wrote:clay pigeons are biodegradable, no point in wasting the time to pick them up
The problem with them is actually the neon colors used. The pieces stand out so much that it just makes the place look like it's trashed, which is why they are now trying to close these areas off to hobbyists.
RuggedZ wrote:reading through this thread makes me even happier that bill got banned.
+1

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, February 15, 2010 7:02 PM on j-body.org

Weebel wrote:every adult in america should be able to buy and carry a hand gun.
I really hope you don't mean that...

I agree, with the exception of felons

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:45 AM on j-body.org
No... I REALLY mean that....

Sure maybe the legal age should be 21 and not 18, and if your convicted of a seriousley violent crime or a certain type of felony, maybe you shouldn't have one.

But gun control laws are wrong and its been proven that crime rates drop where a larger percentage of citizens have carry permits or are allowed to carry, it has been proven time and time again.

I honestly believe our government has no place telling average people they cant carry a hand gun, its a basic right, and I stand by what I said.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:No... I REALLY mean that....

Sure maybe the legal age should be 21 and not 18, and if your convicted of a seriousley violent crime or a certain type of felony, maybe you shouldn't have one.

But gun control laws are wrong and its been proven that crime rates drop where a larger percentage of citizens have carry permits or are allowed to carry, it has been proven time and time again.

I honestly believe our government has no place telling average people they cant carry a hand gun, its a basic right, and I stand by what I said.
+1

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:47 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

The problem with them is actually the neon colors used. The pieces stand out so much that it just makes the place look like it's trashed

And this is why there are not as many wind turbines around..

They "look bad"
Don't like what you see? DON'T LOOK

Any way you cut it with gun control...

Its not up to the feds... BUT It is with in the STATES power to do so.

Chris

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:41 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:No... I REALLY mean that....

so what your saying is that you want things kept the same but you want goverment to acturally enforce the laws it has on the books.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:27 PM on j-body.org

that is all.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:17 PM on j-body.org
LOL

That's FU-KING AWESOME!

HA

Chris

Monday, February 22, 2010 4:58 AM on j-body.org
Leafy wrote:

that is all.

might as well say, im armed they arn't. who do you want to rob lol

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:51 PM on j-body.org
SNDSGOOD Im just saying that we shouldn't have gun control... and the 2nd amendment should be upheld.... and thats it.... nothing complicated..

Guns arnt dangerous, stupid people are. We need to get rid of the stupid not the guns..

And just because I know someone will ask (as an arguing point).... yes I believe keeping our freedoms is worth lost life even if are freedom directly caused the loss. (ie total lack a gun control causing a few people to die - yes its worth it)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:49 PM on j-body.org
Stag Model 8 (Piston) on order

Linky

Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:40 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:SNDSGOOD Im just saying that we shouldn't have gun control... and the 2nd amendment should be upheld.... and thats it.... nothing complicated..

Guns arnt dangerous, stupid people are. We need to get rid of the stupid not the guns..

And just because I know someone will ask (as an arguing point).... yes I believe keeping our freedoms is worth lost life even if are freedom directly caused the loss. (ie total lack a gun control causing a few people to die - yes its worth it)

you can't say you don't want gun control and then in the very next sentance say that criminals shouldnt have it and that you have to be over 18 to own one. that is gun control.

you believe in gun control weeble. you just don't believe in strict gun control.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:54 AM on j-body.org
Actually, I dont even really believe in that control of it either.... The not allowing criminals to buy them legally thing was just a compromise I would be willing to live with.

I figured it would be a neutral ground that most people could agree on...

But as for just myself, I would be fine with anyone (obviously over 18 I mean come on thats not control thats just called being an adult) being able to walk into a gun store and walk out with a 45 signing nothing but a receipt if they used a card. And if everyone was allowed to have and carry a gun if they wanted, the criminals would be getting shot a lot more to it would even out a bit.

I agree with the idea that regardless the laws, criminals are gunna get thier hands on them anyway.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:54 AM on j-body.org
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Translation: When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Translation: I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:36 PM on j-body.org
I prefer this quote.

"those that pound their guns into plows, will plow for those that do not"

Thomas Jefferson (IIRC)

It basically means that those who give up thier guns will be ruled by the people that keep thier guns

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search