FBI Raids Christian Militia - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FBI Raids Christian Militia
Monday, March 29, 2010 4:29 PM on j-body.org
Do you think their intentions are good?

Video on this.

The story.

Quote:

A family of four was behind an anti-government militiaplot to kill law enforcement officers with improvised explosive devices and projectiles before being foiled by an FBI raid Sunday that netted nine members of a Christian extremist group, federal authorities said today.

The Hutaree group claims Jesus is its "top general."David Brian Stone, 45, his wife, Tina Stone, 44, and David Stone's two adult sons allegedly conspired with five other members of the fringe Christian militia group called the Hutaree to kill a Michigan law enforcement officer and then ambush the officer's colleagues who would have gathered for the funeral, according to court documents.

Stone's eldest son, Joshua Matthew Stone, 21, is still on the loose but the other eight -- David and Tina Stone of Clayton Mich., David Brian Stone Jr., 19, of Adrian, Mich., Joshua Clough, 28, of Blissfield, Mich., Michael Meeks, 40, of Manchester, Mich., Thomas Piatek, 46, of Whiting, Ind., Krisopher Sickles, 27, of Sandusky, Ohio, and Jacob Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio -- are in custody.

All were indicted by a federal grand jury of seditious conspiracy, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction, teaching the use of explosive materials and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence. They appeared in court this morning but no pleas were made.

Court documents charge that the group had plotted as the Hutaree since 2008. David Stone, the Hutaree's leader, researched explosive devices on the Internet and directed son Joshua Stone and others to gather the necessary materials, authorities said.

In June 2009, authorities allege, Stone and his youngest son David Stone Jr. began teaching other Hutaree how to make and use the explosives. They were to have been used against law enforcement officials as they drove in the funeral procession for the first officer they intended to kill as bait.

The first alleged target was not named. Among their plans for the first murder, according to court documents, was to kill the officer at a traffic stop, kill the officer and his or her family at home or make a phony 911 call to lure the officer into a trap.

Based in Lenawee County, Mich., the Hutaree are described by officials as an extremist group. Their Web site says the name means "Christian warrior" and claims it is preparing to defend itself for the impending arrival of the anti-Christ.

Most of the Hutaree members arrested had aliases, such as "Pale Horse," "Azzurlin" and "Guhighllo." David Stone's listed aliases were "RD," "Stonewall" and "Captain Hutaree."

Some members of the Hutaree are identifiable by tiger-striped camouflage uniforms and a shoulder patch consisting of a black cross, two brown vertical pillars to form the letter "H" with the cross, two red spears and a brown V shape, according to court documents.

Michael Lackomar, the leader of Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, said several members of the Hutaree, who have trained with his group on occasion, showed up on the doorstep of one of his colleagues shortly after the raid.

"They were asking for a place to hide as it were and he wasn't willing to assist them in that manner," Lackomar said.

A person claiming to be a member of the Hutaree posted a message online pleading for help and claiming that officials "broke into homes and took children and used the tasers on wives ... AND my son who is 12."

Despite the connection between the groups, Lackomar said the Hutaree are not truly part of the militia movement.

"They believe that this is the end of the world as prophesied by the Bible and it is their duty to take up arms to fight alongside Jesus against the impending forces of Satan," he said.

"We are community-based," Lackomar said of the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia. "We are willing to accept anybody that lives among us that wants to protect themselves, their neighborhood, wants to help out in times of emergency."

Going after a group like the Hutaree can be dangerous, ABC News consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett said.

"This crowd tends to be heavily armed and they are all conspiracy theorists that the government is trying to take over," he said. "And so you have to be very careful and cautious when starting arresting people like this because you can walk right into an ambush."

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: FBI Raids Christian Militia
Monday, March 29, 2010 5:28 PM on j-body.org
""They believe that this is the end of the world as prophesied by the Bible and it is their duty to take up arms to fight alongside Jesus against the impending forces of Satan," he said. "

obviously Muslims posing as some wacky version of Christianity.

Based on this report, I'd classify them as terrorists. They are making the vast majority of terrorists look foolish though.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, March 29, 2010 6:11 PM on j-body.org
yeah since those are islamic names

just admit it, not all terrorists are muslim.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, March 29, 2010 6:48 PM on j-body.org
It was sarcasm about the infiltrator. And yes, I'll say it again.. All muslims are not terrorists. In all likelihood, most muslims are not terrorists.

What I've said all along: Most terrorists are muslims. This story doesnt change that....it merely disrupts the ratio by one-one hundredth of a percentile.

Most black people have curly hair. This does not mean that all people with curly hair are black. Can y'all distinguish the two concepts?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, March 29, 2010 7:23 PM on j-body.org
Most terrorists are NOT Muslim. Most terrorists YOU are hand-fed info about are, though.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:00 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:It was sarcasm about the infiltrator. And yes, I'll say it again.. All muslims are not terrorists. In all likelihood, most muslims are not terrorists.

What I've said all along: Most terrorists are muslims. This story doesnt change that....it merely disrupts the ratio by one-one hundredth of a percentile.

Most black people have curly hair. This does not mean that all people with curly hair are black. Can y'all distinguish the two concepts?

might as well be saying most blacks like watermelon and most china men have small dicks, your just feeding stereotypes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:13 AM on j-body.org
Stereotype! Are you really being serious? People of predominantly African decent (African American, Hatian, Jamaican,) just simply have curly hair. It's not a stereotype. It's simply a physical trait. -most Europeans have light pigmented skin. Is that a racial stereotype? Of course not.

And Bill, please spare me the brainwashed routine. I've posted the link to the FBI terrorist page. Yes, you and your boy-wonder found a handful of Jim n'Janes from the Bible Belt. But who occupied the vast majority of slots?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:07 AM on j-body.org
All you gonna find is what you look for, ScottaRight.

Terrorism exists all over this globe, WELL beyond what happens in this nation or in our "international concerns". None of it hits your "news feed". And yes, I assure you, when this BIG picture is looked at, most terrorists are NOT Muslim. It is simply an untrue statement. You're wrong, because you're Right in your info, your way of thinking, and your programming.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:02 AM on j-body.org

Oh really billy? Where in the world is there a larger group of terrorists? Saipan?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Scotty, terror exists in every nation, by every group with an axe to grind. Did you think the rest of the world is somehow immune to it?

Seems you're backing down now though...you used to say "Most terrorists are Muslims." Now you're saying they are merely the "larger group." Which is your point?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:02 PM on j-body.org
he never said "they are a larger group". read before you post... he said FIND A LARGER GROUP OF TERRORISTS. there isnt one. so most terrorists are muslim. how hard is it to read an fbi terrorist list?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:05 PM on j-body.org
Yes, Chrissy, I know what he wrote, lol. That's what I am hanging him out to dry on. You should stick to the Arab-killing. You won't catch me on grammar or comprehansion. Of all people, lol...YOU wont!

As for Lists...Hmm. OK, so there are no other lists in this entire world but the FBI's?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:13 PM on j-body.org
ok... so where did he say that they are "just a larger group"? or if he didnt say it, why would you say that he said it?

what list is better than the fbi's? more on key to what happens? im pretty sure they have more intel on stuff than little old billy sitting behind his desk with nothing better to do than ethug.

oh, and i will stick to my killing of arabs. its what i like to do. makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:16 PM on j-body.org
Does the FBI's list represent the threats to every citizen in every nation of the world, or just USA and US interests? Consider your answer carefully...there's a BIG world out there.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:39 PM on j-body.org
stop dodging the question billy. just admit you were wrong for once. its alright it helps with the pain. think of it this way. maybe you wont have to cry yourself to sleep tonite.

do i give a rats ass if i japanese mofo blows himself up and kills chinese people? no because the japanese havent done that to us. i care about the US and the interests of the US. since that IS the country that i am fighting and willing to give my life for.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:47 PM on j-body.org
If anyone's dodging, Chrissy...it''s YOU. ScottaRight said most terrorists are Muslims.

Are you admitting that he was incorrect, or that he needs to restate that overly broad proclamation to only include US interests?

You may wish to speand some time with him and re-evaluate yours/his positions, as there seems to be a conflict in purpose and/or intention

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:56 PM on j-body.org
what question am i dodging?

most terrorists are muslim. how many times must i say that?

and i still havent seen the answer to where he said that?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:08 PM on j-body.org
Let him tell you then. it may require you to scan a couple of threads, but he'll be here soon enough to reinforce it for you. I feel no need to do so

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:13 PM on j-body.org
2 questions being dodged. you arent very good at this

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:01 PM on j-body.org
There are little hotpockets of terrorism all over the globe. Probably some crackhead in Uruguay plotting to blow up the president's Llamacade as I type.

You cannot claim to have hanged anyone out to dry, bill, when you counter my points with: nuh uh, you've been brainwashed, etc.

But for your sake, Philipines? Islamic terrorists in Mendanau (sp?). Somalia? Nearly the entire middle east? Cmon, are the Mongolian seventh day adventests trying to wage holy war on anyone?

Most = majority. You say I'm wrong. I won't ask for hard numbers, but toss my way a LARGER people/religious group, in the last 30 years, that has been responsible for MORE acts of terror.

Please spare me the centuries long turf war of Ireland thankyou.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:19 PM on j-body.org
I accept your acceptance of your wrongness. Most terrorists are not Muslim when we factor in the entire world, yes. The floating definition of what constitutes "terrorism" also muddies it up a bit.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:21 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:It was sarcasm about the infiltrator. And yes, I'll say it again.. All muslims are not terrorists. In all likelihood, most muslims are not terrorists.

That's the thing, oddly you still can't comprehend the definition of a terrorist which is why you say the things you say. You wear that "Stupidity is Bliss" banner proudly on your forehead, don't ya?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Most terrorists are NOT Muslim. Most terrorists YOU are hand-fed info about are, though.

So true, Bill Ayers is not a muslim, most members of PETA nope no Mohammed, umm the people who protest at WTO, no quran, umm greenpeace, damnit, bill has a point. we are only hand fed the ones that do not comply with liberal aims.

I will say though, IED's should not be considered weapons of mass destruction,

Many terrorists are muslim, but there are eco terrorists, religious zealots, political etc.

I agree most people who incite violence are not muslim, but the ones we are currently battling globally versus in pockets happen to be of the same persuasion. That being said, I do not believe Islam plays a part in this, rather uneducated Imams and other low level religious leaders out there.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:03 AM on j-body.org
Ccording to your definition goodwrench, doing something to scare people is terrorism.

Oddly enough the dynamic duo (HahnWrench) have nothing more to refute my statements, than to call me a liar, accuse me of being brainwashed, etc.

Whereas I have posted a link to a comprehensive list of terrorists wanted by the US, GoodBill have done nothing but make vague assumptions that I am wrong. You want to actually prove something, then post some links. And you'd better have a lot of em, because for you do disprove "most terrorists are Muslim", you'd have to show that most terrorists are something else.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:23 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Ccording to your definition goodwrench, doing something to scare people is terrorism.

I didn't write the definition of it, but at least you're on the right track...partly.

Quote:

Whereas I have posted a link to a comprehensive list of terrorists wanted by the US

The ironic part in the link you used, it had other ethnic and religious background. I see your easing your original theory that you would only target Middle-Eastern Muslims. Progress or learning?

Quote:

You want to actually prove something, then post some links. And you'd better have a lot of em, because for you do disprove "most terrorists are Muslim", you'd have to show that most terrorists are something else.

Search the stories I've posted regarding news on terrorism and/or responding to your argument, I'm not going to do the work for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search