As a Floridian... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: As a Floridian...
Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:04 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

If the Dutch skimming boats works like the most advanced and biggest ship in the world: "The Whale"... You can keep it. Avoid the cost of bringing the paper weight over here.
Also take note that part of the problem is the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act. This act is a piece of protectionist legislation which requires that all goods transported by water between U.S. ports be carried in U.S.-flag ships, constructed in the United States, owned by U.S. citizens, and crewed by U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. The provisions of this act make it illegal for the Dutch to come to our aid

In case of national emergency, the President has the executive authority to temporarily suspend this, and other acts. Nice try shielding that big brown tampon from his ineptitude.

Besides, the longer this went on, the more he could crow about the "need" for alternative sources of energy. Great, let the venture capitalists put out their own money to develop "green" energy. Don't ask the taxpayer to subsidize the technology, in order to make it competitive. Only way this country is going green, is if the government enacts laws forcing it upon us, and lying about the costs involved.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:21 PM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:
Quote:

If the Dutch skimming boats works like the most advanced and biggest ship in the world: "The Whale"... You can keep it. Avoid the cost of bringing the paper weight over here.
Also take note that part of the problem is the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act. This act is a piece of protectionist legislation which requires that all goods transported by water between U.S. ports be carried in U.S.-flag ships, constructed in the United States, owned by U.S. citizens, and crewed by U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. The provisions of this act make it illegal for the Dutch to come to our aid

In case of national emergency, the President has the executive authority to temporarily suspend this, and other acts. Nice try shielding that big brown tampon from his ineptitude.

Besides, the longer this went on, the more he could crow about the "need" for alternative sources of energy. Great, let the venture capitalists put out their own money to develop "green" energy. Don't ask the taxpayer to subsidize the technology, in order to make it competitive. Only way this country is going green, is if the government enacts laws forcing it upon us, and lying about the costs involved.

Hey laws are there, we must follow them right? Much how Saddam was not to have WMDs and we "the world" police took action as he did not follow, right... That was what my president told me at least. But hey, bring another useless ship so we can all feel better and so the opposing parties can have another thing to cynically scrutinize.
And yes, while we the tax payer should not put money in alternative energy, tax money should also not go to Big Oil as well, no? Two way street here.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:28 AM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:
BIll Hahn Jr. wrote:I'm sure whatever you found about democrats and BP is useless wingnut propaganda, which of course is why you lap it up like a starving dog .

You didn't even click the links....read the info....you don't, by your own admission, watch the news. That must mean the opinions expressed by Billhahn jr are the sole expressed opinions of his own asss, and do not reflect the views of the human race.

"The news" indeed. What a joke! There's nothing "new" out there today, just the same old talking points perpetuated by those who've found a way to profit from spoon-feeding you what you wish to hear.

The "human race" is comprised of all views, not just the one cherrypicked for you by your handlers; horribly biased views that I have little use for, and thus choose to not waste my time even reading. You may allow your reason and logic to be slowly poisoned over time. I choose not to.

I know it's frustrating for you to realize that while your "opinions" are force-fed to you by those who control you, I have dismissed all contollers, left, right or otherwise. I am far from alone, as those of us in the middle are increasingly disenfranchised with such extreme left and right views. We think self-appointed "activists" like yourself are ALL fools, and we are a growing sector of society.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:01 PM on j-body.org
Deepwater worker gives some damning evidence for BP:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/19/AR2010071902220_2.html?sid=ST2010071904348

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:22 PM on j-body.org
Good stuff. I don't mean to rain cold (sea)water on this, but the disaster itself is almost certainly a result of incompetence and/or poor decision making...this is almost obvious. As such, I'm not too surprised to learn of some unsavory details like this. Interesting, but not shocking.

Disposing of unwanted chemicals is nothing new in the corporate world, and thankfully, such incidents are rare and minimal now compared to the unfettered past.

What's significant now, in the wake of the disaster, is that we've hopefully learned how to control this situation should it ever recur. High-pressure deepwater wells are a marvel of modern technology, and they are now going to be even better.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:10 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Good stuff. I don't mean to rain cold (sea)water on this, but the disaster itself is almost certainly a result of incompetence and/or poor decision making...this is almost obvious.
Unfortunately, much of this was gross mismanagement by MMS, and the Government decided the best way to fix that was to rename the department... I haven't even heard of anyone being fired over all that ...

Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:50 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Good stuff. I don't mean to rain cold (sea)water on this, but the disaster itself is almost certainly a result of incompetence and/or poor decision making...this is almost obvious.
Unfortunately, much of this was gross mismanagement by MMS, and the Government decided the best way to fix that was to rename the department... I haven't even heard of anyone being fired over all that ...
I'd be all for that if by "rename the department" you mean close the current department and open a brand new department to do the same job - and appoints NONE of the same people from the MMS. Then, you don't have to call it "firing."

Friday, July 23, 2010 9:29 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
OHV notec wrote:
I'd be all for that if by "rename the department" you mean close the current department and open a brand new department to do the same job - and appoints NONE of the same people from the MMS. Then, you don't have to call it "firing."
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not
Their own website said they were just renamed: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:a9TUL9c8xXgJ:www.mms.gov/+mms&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
And the Secretarial Order makes no mention of personnel changes, other than adding more big-shots for oversight: http://www.doi.gov/deepwaterhorizon/loader.cfm?csModule=security/getfile&PageID=35872
Other sources show the director was fired/resigned (sources differ), but I can't find anything on the rest of the irresponsible a-holes...

Friday, July 23, 2010 10:48 AM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
OHV notec wrote:

Dept. of Homeland Security sounds to familiar to this.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search