Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY. - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:21 AM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

I drive a silver car wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

I drive a silver car wrote:

That was there before anything every happened so it shouldn't be an issue. As I stated before I can see it go either way. I think that is the last "New Addition" of "Mosques" that are needs to see at this time. Me being the person in charge of deciding the location should have enough common sense that it is simply a bad idea. Me being the one to choosing the site has every right to build it there anyway.

Again either way but IMO it should never have gotten to the drawing board at that location despite there being one closer and before the WTC. Common sense and basic empathy wouldn't allow that to happen.
That would be your version of "common sense", not a universal one.


Don't put words in my mouth, your response should have stopped here. ^

Exactly if I was him I wouldn't push for something that controversial out of respect. I have no comment made to any other religion because this was the work of Muslim extremists. I understand that there are plenty that died that had nothing to do with the terrorists nor did I right them all of as being the same. I simply said I think it something that out of respect shouldn't even make it to the drawing boards at that location (again my personal opinion). I've also stated over and over that they have every right to build there, my point is that I would have hoped that it was realized that simply wouldn't be a tasteful choice.

"Common sense" is exactly that...a majority or common view. Same with "basic empathy". This inherently infers a more tolerant perspective, so yes...I also disagree with the use of these terms as a rationale for denying a religious structure...of ANY faith.

This structure in that location may offend you, and that's fine. That still doesn't make your discomfort "common sense" or "basic empathy". Quite frankly, I find your discomfort to be framed in a LACK of either aspect.


...I clearly stated that I feel this could easily go either way. They have every right to build a mosque there and no one should be able to stop them.

Don't put sand in your vagina. Your response should have stopped HERE ^






Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:23 AM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:

Whether you find my "discomfort" a lack of either aspect.

It appears most people feel the same way I do

A CNN/Opinion Research poll released last week found that nearly 70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan, while 29 percent approved.

In a new question, the latest poll found that many New Yorkers believe the project is protected by the Constitution, even if they oppose the plan.

Nearly two-thirds of voters, 64 percent, say the developers have a constitutional right to build the mosque. Twenty-eight percent say they do not.

Agreed. It may be unpalatable, it may even be unsympathetic...but it is not illegal, and frankly, that's all that matters.





Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:04 PM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:

I could very easily go both ways on this topic. Yes they have the right to build one there if they want however, it is a pretty insensitive, ballsy and di(k move on their part.

And for those saying that they have no right building one anywhere around there, that is historically a high population of Muslim demographic.

Again I can see it both ways. Personally the D bag that is pushing to have it there should have enough common sense not to put it there and not be such an insensitive prick hole that gets raped in the face by retarded gay elephant.


Which goes back to my first post where I say the they have the right to build one there if they please. Then I said personally I think they shouldn't in a nut shell.

get the sand out of your vagina if you read properly it wouldn't have to be reiterated on page 2 and again on page 3 if you read my post.




Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:06 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

It may be unpalatable, it may even be unsympathetic...but it is not illegal, and frankly, that's all that matters.
So now, it doesn't matter if people disagree and want to protest something that's not illegal? How un-American does this sound?

By the way, this still ignores the facts of the Landmark Commission suddenly ruling in favor of this mosque, and while we're on the subject of who's getting their palms greased, check this out (about 45 seconds in):



Pelosi wants the opposition to the mosque investigated. How they are being funded? The guy who filed the suit against the ruling of the Landmark Commission was a first responder at the WTC attacks. This woman needs a blanket party in the worst way.







Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:21 PM on j-body.org
Wait, what? Why the @!#$ does it matter how the opposition to the mosque is being funded? It doesn't. People DO have the right to protest. No one has really said they don't have that right to protest do they? However we also have the right to protest the protesters



Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:39 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

It may be unpalatable, it may even be unsympathetic...but it is not illegal, and frankly, that's all that matters.
So now, it doesn't matter if people disagree and want to protest something that's not illegal? How un-American does this sound?

Oh hell, they can protest all they want! Let them show us their ignorance and hatred...it makes it easier to tell who they are





Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:53 PM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

I drive a silver car wrote:

That was there before anything every happened so it shouldn't be an issue. As I stated before I can see it go either way. I think that is the last "New Addition" of "Mosques" that are needs to see at this time. Me being the person in charge of deciding the location should have enough common sense that it is simply a bad idea. Me being the one to choosing the site has every right to build it there anyway.

Again either way but IMO it should never have gotten to the drawing board at that location despite there being one closer and before the WTC. Common sense and basic empathy wouldn't allow that to happen.
That would be your version of "common sense", not a universal one.

Don't put words in my mouth, your response should have stopped here. ^
Asking questions to help myself and others understand your position on an issue? In the JBO War Forum? WTF was I thinking? I'll make sure to openly and unquestionably agree with your every opinion from here on out.
As for the "my opinion" vs "common sense" aspect. First off, re-read what you wrote. It's poorly written (missing/ambiguous words here and there) and therefore easy to misunderstand. I read that as you saying that your opinion marks what "normal people" would consider common sense (Weebel, Bill, Quik, and most others here love to use "common sense" to make their position seem all-powerful). If that's not what you were going for, try stopping after "in my opinion..." or "I believe that..." instead; it's much less ambiguous.
I drive a silver car wrote:

It appears most people feel the same way I do

A CNN/Opinion Research poll released last week found that nearly 70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan, while 29 percent approved.

In a new question, the latest poll found that many New Yorkers believe the project is protected by the Constitution, even if they oppose the plan.

Nearly two-thirds of voters, 64 percent, say the developers have a constitutional right to build the mosque. Twenty-eight percent say they do not.
Those same polls show that the majority of residents in lower Manhatten (you, know, the people who actually live in the area and would be directly at risk of the "secret Muslim terrorist trainging camps) support the project, so...
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

It may be unpalatable, it may even be unsympathetic...but it is not illegal, and frankly, that's all that matters.
So now, it doesn't matter if people disagree and want to protest something that's not illegal? How un-American does this sound?

By the way, this still ignores the facts of the Landmark Commission suddenly ruling in favor of this mosque, and while we're on the subject of who's getting their palms greased, check this out (about 45 seconds in):

Pelosi wants the opposition to the mosque investigated. How they are being funded? The guy who filed the suit against the ruling of the Landmark Commission was a first responder at the WTC attacks. This woman needs a blanket party in the worst way.
Yeah, Pelosi is a stupid bitch; I doubt you'll find much opposition on this board.
As far as the protesting, I say protest your ass off. Lawsuit? Fine, as long as it's not taken too far (repeatedly challenging an unfavorable result on moral grounds).


Quik, a couple questions:
1) Where have you found that the Landmark Commission refused to vote on the property for 20 years? From what I've seen, they put it on the back-burner with a bunch of other locations and it didn't come up since. The property owner has been trying to sell the space for years, and the structure itself was significantly damaged. Maybe they decided to finally vote because someone wanted to use the lot for something else? I know that version doesn't allow much room for a spectacular conspiracy to work nicely into the "Obama = Kenyan Muslim Terrorist" plot, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me (actually, it seems pretty typical for part-time local government to me).
2) Where have you found that the Imam in charge (well, half in charge; his partner was a second(?) responder on 9/11) is an anti-American extremist? Everything I've read so far marks him as a moderate, and typical of the average American Muslim. I know he's not the only one who believes the US shouldn't be waging war in the Middle-East, and IIRC super-Indy Ron Paul takes that stance as well (and rather ardently),

And to all those opposed to the project:
3) How far is far enough? 3 blocks? 4? 5? 10? It's such an opinionated argument that I don't see how everyone could possibly be happy (especially seeing how so many people are now also up in arms over mosques being built on the other side of the country too).




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:46 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

Wait, what? Why the @!#$ does it matter how the opposition to the mosque is being funded? It doesn't. People DO have the right to protest. No one has really said they don't have that right to protest do they? However we also have the right to protest the protesters


Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks. It is blatantly clear that Muslims folks and Jewish folks generally do not like each other. So with that being said, the protesters are out screaming to not place this religious establishment. There's absolute no problem to protest, the problem is their beliefs, to-then-want-to-happen are against the First Amendment. I think the only Jewish person not against it is Bloomberg. lol



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:27 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:

I drive a silver car wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

I drive a silver car wrote:

That was there before anything every happened so it shouldn't be an issue. As I stated before I can see it go either way. I think that is the last "New Addition" of "Mosques" that are needs to see at this time. Me being the person in charge of deciding the location should have enough common sense that it is simply a bad idea. Me being the one to choosing the site has every right to build it there anyway.

Again either way but IMO it should never have gotten to the drawing board at that location despite there being one closer and before the WTC. Common sense and basic empathy wouldn't allow that to happen.
That would be your version of "common sense", not a universal one.

Don't put words in my mouth, your response should have stopped here. ^
Asking questions to help myself and others understand your position on an issue? In the JBO War Forum? WTF was I thinking? I'll make sure to openly and unquestionably agree with your every opinion from here on out.
As for the "my opinion" vs "common sense" aspect. First off, re-read what you wrote. It's poorly written (missing/ambiguous words here and there) and therefore easy to misunderstand. I read that as you saying that your opinion marks what "normal people" would consider common sense (Weebel, Bill, Quik, and most others here love to use "common sense" to make their position seem all-powerful). If that's not what you were going for, try stopping after "in my opinion..." or "I believe that..." instead; it's much less ambiguous.
I drive a silver car wrote:

It appears most people feel the same way I do

A CNN/Opinion Research poll released last week found that nearly 70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan, while 29 percent approved.

In a new question, the latest poll found that many New Yorkers believe the project is protected by the Constitution, even if they oppose the plan.

Nearly two-thirds of voters, 64 percent, say the developers have a constitutional right to build the mosque. Twenty-eight percent say they do not.
Those same polls show that the majority of residents in lower Manhatten (you, know, the people who actually live in the area and would be directly at risk of the "secret Muslim terrorist trainging camps) support the project, so...
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

It may be unpalatable, it may even be unsympathetic...but it is not illegal, and frankly, that's all that matters.
So now, it doesn't matter if people disagree and want to protest something that's not illegal? How un-American does this sound?

By the way, this still ignores the facts of the Landmark Commission suddenly ruling in favor of this mosque, and while we're on the subject of who's getting their palms greased, check this out (about 45 seconds in):

Pelosi wants the opposition to the mosque investigated. How they are being funded? The guy who filed the suit against the ruling of the Landmark Commission was a first responder at the WTC attacks. This woman needs a blanket party in the worst way.
Yeah, Pelosi is a stupid bitch; I doubt you'll find much opposition on this board.
As far as the protesting, I say protest your ass off. Lawsuit? Fine, as long as it's not taken too far (repeatedly challenging an unfavorable result on moral grounds).


Quik, a couple questions:
1) Where have you found that the Landmark Commission refused to vote on the property for 20 years? From what I've seen, they put it on the back-burner with a bunch of other locations and it didn't come up since. The property owner has been trying to sell the space for years, and the structure itself was significantly damaged. Maybe they decided to finally vote because someone wanted to use the lot for something else? I know that version doesn't allow much room for a spectacular conspiracy to work nicely into the "Obama = Kenyan Muslim Terrorist" plot, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me (actually, it seems pretty typical for part-time local government to me).
2) Where have you found that the Imam in charge (well, half in charge; his partner was a second(?) responder on 9/11) is an anti-American extremist? Everything I've read so far marks him as a moderate, and typical of the average American Muslim. I know he's not the only one who believes the US shouldn't be waging war in the Middle-East, and IIRC super-Indy Ron Paul takes that stance as well (and rather ardently),

And to all those opposed to the project:
3) How far is far enough? 3 blocks? 4? 5? 10? It's such an opinionated argument that I don't see how everyone could possibly be happy (especially seeing how so many people are now also up in arms over mosques being built on the other side of the country too).


Again after re-reading it looks clear as day and I don't see any key words missing from my point. I should have included what the second poll was and that was nation wide of those that agree the have a legal right to build a mosque however, they still disagree with that choice.

Since you will agree with everything I saw now I guess we can let this argument now die.




Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks.
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.






Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:16 AM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:

Again after re-reading it looks clear as day and I don't see any key words missing from my point. I should have included what the second poll was and that was nation wide of those that agree the have a legal right to build a mosque however, they still disagree with that choice.
I wasn't referring to the post with the polls, I was referring to the one I actually replied to there ("opinion" = "common sense"). Like I said, there are definitely words missing, and there are definitely words that don't fit there. Whether they are important or not, I guess only you would know.
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks.
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.
That was pretty lame Goodwrench. Quik, are you suggesting those are valid reasons for the project to be cancelled? What about the families who lost people in 9/11 that are supporting this, and that one of the project managers was on-sight providing aid after the attack? Is that not just as valid?
I think you have a better foundation playing the "there aren't many buildings like this, so it should be left standing and given 'landmark' status". Although, even then I have to ask, if they were keeping the current structure and filling it with the same treachery, should the project still be disallowed?




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster

Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:42 AM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks. It is blatantly clear that Muslims folks and Jewish folks generally do not like each other. So with that being said, the protesters are out screaming to not place this religious establishment. There's absolute no problem to protest, the problem is their beliefs, to-then-want-to-happen are against the First Amendment. I think the only Jewish person not against it is Bloomberg. lol
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.

Quoting 1/8 of what I said, is a big no-no. But I don't expect much from you.
The day that you learn how to read or pull the wool over your eyes and see the last names on these protesters, a good portion are indeed Jewish. And if you ever travel passed your 50 mile bubble and go to NY, you'll know there is a heavy concentration of Jewish folks in NY and not to mention throughout the media.
But since Rush Limbaugh has not told you that, it is all false.

OHV notec wrote:

R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks. It is blatantly clear that Muslims folks and Jewish folks generally do not like each other. So with that being said, the protesters are out screaming to not place this religious establishment. There's absolute no problem to protest, the problem is their beliefs, to-then-want-to-happen are against the First Amendment. I think the only Jewish person not against it is Bloomberg. lol.
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.
That was pretty lame Goodwrench.

Lame is not actually knowing who has been protesting this. Read some of the last names willing to come forward to the media.
Sorry, but I go to the root of the problems and in this case I'm not gullible on the front of the 9/11 smoke screen.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:46 AM on j-body.org
But why would you want to make that building a landmark anyway? So a piece of landing gear fell through the roof. That's enough reason to prevent a building from ever being used again? "Look children, the hole in the roof signifies that we can't move forward from tragedy!"

We are letting the terrorists win a little more every day we do not rebuild and show our resolve. And what's the best way to do this? I'm glad you asked!

1: Remove all surrounding buildings from the landmark legislation. Let the buildings surrounding ground zero be built, rebuilt, whatever people want to do with them. Show the world that our core principals still stand, no matter the circumstance.

2: The actual ground-zero HOLE should be rebuilt in the shape of a gigantic middle finger with anti-air missile turrents on every possible surface. Build a statue of George Washington drop-kicking bin-laden next to the main entrance, and make the whole site a functional landmark.

Step 3: Everyone stops bitching!



Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:58 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks. It is blatantly clear that Muslims folks and Jewish folks generally do not like each other. So with that being said, the protesters are out screaming to not place this religious establishment. There's absolute no problem to protest, the problem is their beliefs, to-then-want-to-happen are against the First Amendment. I think the only Jewish person not against it is Bloomberg. lol.
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.
That was pretty lame Goodwrench.
Lame is not actually knowing who has been protesting this. Read some of the last names willing to come forward to the media.
Sorry, but I go to the root of the problems and in this case I'm not gullible on the front of the 9/11 smoke screen.
It was lame because you dropped to the level of the people you are condemning. You are stereotyping, just like those using that "9/11 smoke screen".
ThatGuy85 wrote:

But why would you want to make that building a landmark anyway? So a piece of landing gear fell through the roof. That's enough reason to prevent a building from ever being used again? "Look children, the hole in the roof signifies that we can't move forward from tragedy!"
They aren't using landmark status to prevent it from being used; it is to prevent it from being torn down. The architectural style of the building is somewhat rare in the area now. They are using it to try and prevent the building from being torn down to build a glass and steel building on the lot.
ThatGuy85 wrote:

1: Remove all surrounding buildings from the landmark legislation. Let the buildings surrounding ground zero be built, rebuilt, whatever people want to do with them. Show the world that our core principals still stand, no matter the circumstance.

2: The actual ground-zero HOLE should be rebuilt in the shape of a gigantic middle finger with anti-air missile turrents on every possible surface. Build a statue of George Washington drop-kicking bin-laden next to the main entrance, and make the whole site a functional landmark.

Step 3: Everyone stops bitching!
I like this




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:14 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

OHV notec wrote:

R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

Why? The majority protesting in NY are Jewish folks. It is blatantly clear that Muslims folks and Jewish folks generally do not like each other. So with that being said, the protesters are out screaming to not place this religious establishment. There's absolute no problem to protest, the problem is their beliefs, to-then-want-to-happen are against the First Amendment. I think the only Jewish person not against it is Bloomberg. lol.
Nice try at a spin. A large portion are families who lost someone in the attacks. The petition to the court is from a first responder.
That was pretty lame Goodwrench.
Lame is not actually knowing who has been protesting this. Read some of the last names willing to come forward to the media.
Sorry, but I go to the root of the problems and in this case I'm not gullible on the front of the 9/11 smoke screen.
It was lame because you dropped to the level of the people you are condemning. You are stereotyping, just like those using that "9/11 smoke screen".

Just calling how it is and how it is being shown. If you're protest tactic is to use 9/11 as the smoke screen, go for it. Just don't go expecting to change our US religious establish laws, because you have a personal vendetta back in the Middle East.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:20 AM on j-body.org
notec, I wasn't suggesting that as a reason not to let the building be built, nor am I suggesting that giving the building's landmark status as a reason to stop it. Come on, man. You've read the things I've posted about this.

My statement was because Goodwrench was, as you say, stereotyping, and suggesting that was the reason why they were opposing it, as a means of discrediting it's opposition.

The point of the landmark issue is that the commission acted very atypically on this, and voted unanimously on it, and people should be asking why. I see some real corruption potentially under the surface of this. That should only make people ask more questions.







Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:59 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:


2: The actual ground-zero HOLE should be rebuilt in the shape of a gigantic middle finger with anti-air missile turrents on every possible surface. Build a statue of George Washington drop-kicking bin-laden next to the main entrance, and make the whole site a functional landmark.

Step 3: Everyone stops bitching!


Best two things that came out of this thread!




Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:07 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

notec, I wasn't suggesting that as a reason not to let the building be built, nor am I suggesting that giving the building's landmark status as a reason to stop it. Come on, man. You've read the things I've posted about this.

My statement was because Goodwrench was, as you say, stereotyping, and suggesting that was the reason why they were opposing it, as a means of discrediting it's opposition.

The point of the landmark issue is that the commission acted very atypically on this, and voted unanimously on it, and people should be asking why. I see some real corruption potentially under the surface of this. That should only make people ask more questions.
Sorry, I wasn't saying you were using it that way, I understood your position when you first posted it (don't want anyone to think I'm that illiterate ). I was reading a lot of discussion about this from other sites lately and was speaking of a group of Park51 opponents in general. I believe I actually mentioned your specific view earlier...

Yep, here it is:
OHV notec wrote:

Quik, a couple questions:
1) Where have you found that the Landmark Commission refused to vote on the property for 20 years? From what I've seen, they put it on the back-burner with a bunch of other locations and it didn't come up since. The property owner has been trying to sell the space for years, and the structure itself was significantly damaged. Maybe they decided to finally vote because someone wanted to use the lot for something else? I know that version doesn't allow much room for a spectacular conspiracy to work nicely into the "Obama = Kenyan Muslim Terrorist" plot, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me (actually, it seems pretty typical for part-time local government to me).
2) Where have you found that the Imam in charge (well, half in charge; his partner was a second(?) responder on 9/11) is an anti-American extremist? Everything I've read so far marks him as a moderate, and typical of the average American Muslim. I know he's not the only one who believes the US shouldn't be waging war in the Middle-East, and IIRC super-Indy Ron Paul takes that stance as well (and rather ardently),

And to all those opposed to the project:
3) How far is far enough? 3 blocks? 4? 5? 10? It's such an opinionated argument that I don't see how everyone could possibly be happy (especially seeing how so many people are now also up in arms over mosques being built on the other side of the country too).





fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:22 PM on j-body.org
You know, I forgot that this happened, but last night I had actually replied to that, but right before I posted, my computer crashed. I didn't feel like being online anymore at that point anyway, so I just shut it off. I'll see if I can find the stuff I was going to post again tonight.






Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:15 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

You know, I forgot that this happened, but last night I had actually replied to that, but right before I posted, my computer crashed. I didn't feel like being online anymore at that point anyway, so I just shut it off. I'll see if I can find the stuff I was going to post again tonight.

I'm sure you've handily bookmarked your wingnut sites...finding it all again should be NO problem!






Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:42 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

You know, I forgot that this happened, but last night I had actually replied to that, but right before I posted, my computer crashed. I didn't feel like being online anymore at that point anyway, so I just shut it off. I'll see if I can find the stuff I was going to post again tonight.

I'm sure you've handily bookmarked your wingnut sites...finding it all again should be NO problem!
Ah yeah, there you go. you obviously just can't help yourself but stoop to the level of useless posts again in an attempt to smear.
Way to go!







Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:45 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

You know, I forgot that this happened, but last night I had actually replied to that, but right before I posted, my computer crashed. I didn't feel like being online anymore at that point anyway, so I just shut it off. I'll see if I can find the stuff I was going to post again tonight.

I'm sure you've handily bookmarked your wingnut sites...finding it all again should be NO problem!



sigh



Chris


"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Friday, August 20, 2010 8:24 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:

sigh
I'm with him^^^




fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Saturday, August 21, 2010 8:33 PM on j-body.org
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-august-16-2010-emma-thompson - an amusing episode covering this issue.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - I'm afraid you completely lost me with your Jewish conspiracy talk. Some jews oppose it and some jews support it. But substitute your use of the word jew for black, and see how that sounds.

Lets also look at the "Ground Zero Mosque"
Quote:

First here are the facts: The building in question is planned to be a Muslim community center, a sort of YMCA (or, I suppose, YMMA). The plans are for it to have fitness facilities (swimming pool, gym, basketball court), a 500-seat auditorium, a restaurant and a cooking school, exhibition space, a library, art studios, a 9/11 memorial--the impudence! the outrage!--and childcare facilities (which no doubt will soon be referred to as a "Manhattan Madrasa"). And it's also going to house a mosque.


As for this guy being an extremist -

Quote:

“His work on tolerance and religious diversity is well-known and he brings a moderate perspective to foreign audiences on what it’s like to be a practicing Muslim in the United States,” State Department spokesman P. J. Crowley said Tuesday. He added that the department’s public-diplomacy offices “have a long-term relationship with” Rauf – including during the past Bush administration, when the religious leader undertook a similar speaking tour.


This issue is also addressed by the daily show clip I provided.



Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:54 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:


Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. - I'm afraid you completely lost me with your Jewish conspiracy talk. Some jews oppose it and some jews support it. But substitute your use of the word jew for black, and see how that sounds.

bk3k.
What is there to be lost about? What I said was blatantly obvious, with a vid to see where I was coming from. Unfortunately, I can not find the article from the NY TImes to go along with it, in which the protesters at a city hall/ city room that were on record had Jewish names. Coincidence? Maybe. But it would not surprise me with this setting.
And don't beat around the bush with the Black vs. Jewish comment. Be clear with your comment... I have an idea where you're going with, but I will not presume what you're saying. Besides, I have yet to know the Black race having a world known issue with the Muslim religion, like the Jewish vs Muslim feud has. If you do know, do tell.



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search