Sarah Palin + Dr Laura = Yikes - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sarah Palin + Dr Laura = Yikes
Friday, August 20, 2010 10:41 AM on j-body.org
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/08/sarah-palin-defends-dr-laura.html

Quote:

Talk host Dr. Laura Schlessinger decided to quit radio on Tuesday, after coming under fire for using the N-word repeatedly in a broadcast. "The reason is, I want to regain my First Amendment rights. I want to be able to say what is on my mind," she told Larry King.

On Wednesday, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin picked up on the story, encouraging Dr. Laura. She wrote on Twitter: "Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")." Later she added, "Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"

After the N-word broadcast aired, Dr. Laura apologized for using the racial epithet. "I articulated the N-word all the way out -- more than one time," Schlessinger said. "And that was wrong. I'll say it again -- that was wrong." She said she "realized I had made a horrible mistake, and was so upset, I could not finish the show."

There are longer more detailed articles out there, this one was nice and succinct.

I don't know whats scarier, the fact that Palin doesnt understand what the first amendment means, or the fact that she "tweets" like a high school freshman cheerleader...

Anyhoo...

Thanks for supporting Bad Ace Pinstriping!

Re: Sarah Palin + Dr Laura = Yikes
Friday, August 20, 2010 1:45 PM on j-body.org
Nailin Palin

Friday, August 20, 2010 8:16 PM on j-body.org
While this is not related to this story but i feel i have to get it off my chest and that is that if palin gets elected for president america is doomed not like it is already with obama but you guys get my point . You guys better hope she don't run for it in 2012 she'll be just another puppet or should i say actor playing president .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:39 AM on j-body.org
I don't see why dr Laura quit, she made a damn good point that there's a double standard with the N word. Black people can say it all they want but if somebody from another race says it it's racist.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 7:04 AM on j-body.org
And Free Speech Is A Right.

So, going off another thread, we want to allow the hojies to build a mosk on hallow ground because of freedom of religion, but not allow people to speak?

Hmm.. USSA here we are!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:58 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:And Free Speech Is A Right.
So, going off another thread, we want to allow the hojies to build a mosk on hallow ground because of freedom of religion, but not allow people to speak?
Hmm.. USSA here we are!
Chris

Yes, because Obama and friends came in raiding the radio station and now Dr. Laura Schlessinger is now in jail.
For being such a Constitution thumper, now it's when you decide to have double standard... eh, nice one.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 8:42 PM on j-body.org
When Mel Gibson blurted derogatory remarks, where was everyone defending his use of "freedom of speech"? This is not a political issue at all anyway. Freedom of speech or not, it is completely distasteful and unprofessional. Besides, its just like any other racial slur,and just because one group has accepted it socially, does not make it socially acceptable for every group. Yes, it is our right to say it, but that doesn't mean we HAVE to exercise that right.

Thanks for supporting Bad Ace Pinstriping!
Sunday, August 22, 2010 12:02 AM on j-body.org
If she was making a statement and not using it to demean anyone - I have no issue with it at all.

That being said - the 1st Amendment gives people the freedom to say what they wish. Freedom over the Government that is. The government to my knowledge has taken no action against her. If she faced retaliation, it was sourced elsewhere. If her boss told her to resign, that is retaliation from the free market. The Constitution holds no bearing here at all.

I mean if I go tell my customers and/or boss to @!#$ OFF, should the Government step in to save my job? Obviously not. I WILL be punished (fired) by free market forces.

Former Governor Sarah Palin SHOULD know this. Hell, anyone who graduated high school SHOULD know the difference. If I had a nickle for everything she SHOULD know... Well somehow, people slip between the cracks.

This is the person many people want for president... seriously.

Might as well elect this guy

If this video is any indication - he pretty much seems to be Sarah Palin as a Democrat and no sex appeal(not that I think she has that much but many disagree). He might also seem like "a good person" - something many Palin supporters say in her defense - but does that really override complete ignorance of the world we live in?! We don't need politicians who can "relate to the people," nearly as bad as we need well informed and HIGHLY INTELLIGENT politicians - aka politicians who are by no stretch "ordinary folk." Highly intelligent politicians are in very short supply in Washington, DC - its not hard to see why.

Our forefathers where the most successful, foremost thinkers of their time - truly the ELITE OF THE ELITE. In modern times, that has become an ugly word - a political weapon. Many in today's America would never elect a Benjamin Franklin - they could never "relate" to him. They want people like Sarah Palin, like George Bush - real "down to Earth folk." These people are @!#$ing nuts.

Plenty of people probably think I'm just trashing on Sarah Palin because of her politics. I'm not. You actually have intelligent Conservatives you know... people you could be supporting instead of morons. They aren't even in rare supply. But they are thoroughly ignored in favor of "plain folk."

Sunday, August 22, 2010 10:15 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
INFIDEL wrote:And Free Speech Is A Right.
Hmm.. USSA here we are!
Chris

Yes, because Obama and friends came in raiding the radio station and now Dr. Laura Schlessinger is now in jail.
For being such a Constitution thumper, now it's when you decide to have double standard... eh, nice one.

So ya already forgot when I saied that they could build there, even though I did not like it.....

Fail GT, FAIL.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search