Just watched fox and friends for the first time... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just watched fox and friends for the first time...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:59 AM on j-body.org
Well this was interesting to say the least. Almost every domestic story had to do with a democrat that was doing something wrong. How do I know they were dems? Because fox news went out of their way to tell me they were dems. Any story reported about a republican person had to do with triumph over democrats. Ie. A story of a middle schooler who wore a pro life shirt and a vice principal told her to take it off. She got $50k. How do I know she was republican? Fox went out of their way to tell me she was and that her mother was on some sort of board for pro lifers. Also how she so proud she was the voice of unborn babies. Anywho also mass criticizing of how the blagovich (sp?) case was screwed up. How a " lame duck" democratic governor from NY was mishandeling the mosque situation. Yada yada yada. And their overwhelming number one topic of discussion???????

Obama!!!!!! For the hour and a half I watched a story was run every ten minutes or so about how he was doing something wrong. He was never viewed in a positive light.

Now, I would have never brought any of this up if these had not chose to say NOTHING about the Dr. Laura scandal where she says nigger a bunch of times. It just proves to me personally that they will NOT slander their own kind in ANY way. Now even I heard the comments and I believe they were taken out of context. But the issue is soo sensitive they won't touch it.

Also on a personal note holy SH!T. That blond has to be one of the scariest looking people I have ever seen. I'm kinda waiting for a space alien to emerge from inside her.

Discuss.

Re: Just watched fox and friends for the first time...
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:05 AM on j-body.org
So your saying Fox and Friends and Fox are biased?

No way

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703824304575435922310302654.html
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:23 AM on j-body.org
Not just biased. Scary biased. How do people claim to be "informed" when they get their news from such an outlet.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:43 AM on j-body.org
This surprises you?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:50 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:Not just biased. Scary biased. How do people claim to be "informed" when they get their news from such an outlet.
Not that I've ever watched that Fox and Friends, but I'll say this: watch Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, or Keith Olbermann and tell me the bias isn't as heavy on their programs. Also, try watching a regular Fox news broadcast, not a commentary program, and see if there's not a difference. I don't have Fox, so I don't watch it, but the few times I've watched a news report from them, it's been pretty much factual, without too much commentary.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:35 AM on j-body.org
Well, the fact is, FOX makes it easy for people to hate right-wing extremism. The other news outlets are at least tolerable to watch. FOX's "message" is so rammed down people's throats, 24/7, that it's just hard to watch for the average Joe. I used to enjoy it before it became such a disease. Now, it's just a joke.

Rupert Murdoch is an obscenely wealthy man because he's got a nose for how to market. He's tailored FOX into the singular cable source for right-wing hatred, and enjoys a captive market as the only major rightie channel. If he had to compete with other channels (like the less-Rightie news channels do), he'd be forced to alter (meaning: tone down) the hate formula. But right now, he's got every no-neck, red-neck, wingnut, paranoid, xenophobic neanderthal racist watching, so why mess with a good income stream?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:48 AM on j-body.org
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:27 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Well, the fact is, FOX makes it easy for people to hate right-wing extremism. The other news outlets are at least tolerable to watch. FOX's "message" is so rammed down people's throats, 24/7, that it's just hard to watch for the average Joe. I used to enjoy it before it became such a disease. Now, it's just a joke.

Rupert Murdoch is an obscenely wealthy man because he's got a nose for how to market. He's tailored FOX into the singular cable source for right-wing hatred, and enjoys a captive market as the only major rightie channel. If he had to compete with other channels (like the less-Rightie news channels do), he'd be forced to alter (meaning: tone down) the hate formula. But right now, he's got every no-neck, red-neck, wingnut, paranoid, xenophobic neanderthal racist watching, so why mess with a good income stream?

Understood. But they are so obsessed with Obama and everything he does. It's kinda disturbing. I swear I'm waiting for a "breaking news" story.

"This just in. Obama wipes back to front! Does this mean he's a baby punching Nazi? We think so."

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Yeah, it's a 24-hour smear campaign.

Frankly, it's become just a cartoon, a pale imitation of a "news" channel. I find it to be disrespectful, UN-patriotic, and a huge waste of people's time and effort. This nation has real problems to address...meanwhile, in order to get paid by advertisers, these spewing heads are miring too many peoples' thought processes into ridiculous National Enquirer-style histrionics.

Sure, sacrifice a portion of the nation's collective political mind...to make big money. I guess that's somehow very fitting, considering their party of favor.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:20 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

But they are so obsessed with Obama and everything he does. It's kinda disturbing.
Quote:

Out of curiosity, did either of you see it that way during Bush's term when the liberal media channels were doing this?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:34 AM on j-body.org
There's a difference. He was a @!#$ coke sniffing moron, In my personal opinion. Also the person that said invade Iraq even though there were no wmd's and if you don't agree the nation as a whole will view you as unpatriotic. Also the guy that pissed away all of Clintons tax surplus. Frankly I think the liberal medias portrayal of him was dead on. But that's just me.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:46 AM on j-body.org
fox & friends is like morning version of the view or any other major network morning show. teh people talking are dumb and irritating. The real programming is on later in the day.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:46 AM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:
Quote:

But they are so obsessed with Obama and everything he does. It's kinda disturbing.
Quote:

Out of curiosity, did either of you see it that way during Bush's term when the liberal media channels were doing this?

No, I saw nothing of the sort. What FOX has done in pandering to its lowest-common-denominator audience is indeed unprecedented. There is no tit-for-tat comparison here...FOX has lowered the bar considerably.

Responsible opposing point-of-view reporting is one thing. FOX is simply using its audience to get paid. FOX has no actual political agenda or conscience to speak of...it's a completely financial agenda. I can even tell when some of the "commentators" are uncomfortable as they parrot over and over the same old tired talking points. They are not doing it because they "believe in the mission"...they are doing it because it's their job. They are actors, and have been forced to recite a repetitive script.

However, I will give them high marks for ONLY choosing very attractive women actresses...ahem, I mean commentators. Why not? Their audience loves to ogle women, whether the circumstance is appropriate for it or not. Toss in Greta as a token to average looks, and the whole shebang is very tidy.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:There's a difference. He was a @!#$ coke sniffing moron, In my personal opinion. Also the person that said invade Iraq even though there were no wmd's and if you don't agree the nation as a whole will view you as unpatriotic. Also the guy that pissed away all of Clintons tax surplus. Frankly I think the liberal medias portrayal of him was dead on. But that's just me.
It sounds like the real difference is your opinion of the two presidents. You agreed with the liberal media's view of Bush (and just repeated much of their talking points about him), but you disagree with Fox's view of Obama.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Obama was thrown into a sh!t storm. You could have put Jesus Christ into that situation and he would have a high disapproval rating. And not just from the Jews and Muslims.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:12 AM on j-body.org
So why didn't you just title this thread "Fox News sucks, and I Hate G.W. Bush" ?

And Bill, Fox News' ratings are through the roof, and they are making millions every day. So why don't the leftwingnutsniffing channels tone down their left wing message to steal the Fox viewers? No need to fox to change as they are #1 already.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:24 AM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:So why didn't you just title this thread "Fox News sucks, and I Hate G.W. Bush" ?

And Bill, Fox News' ratings are through the roof, and they are making millions every day. So why don't the leftwingnutsniffing channels tone down their left wing message to steal the Fox viewers? No need to fox to change as they are #1 already.

READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD! How could i formulate an opinion that it sucks when I just watched it for the first time today? All I did was list all of my observations.

If the left says the right is wrong and the right says the left is wrong then logic dictates that we are all wrong. That begs the question who is right?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote: “Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Love your sig by the way. Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Lois works for fox news and the press the red button that emits a sound only Gore can hear. lol

"There it is again" "it's probably just the wind dear" "It's NOT the wind!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:29 AM

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:29 AM on j-body.org
Well, let's face it. Bush was roundly despised by many, even in his own party. Fact is, he barely even got re-elected, and to me, it was mostly due to the weaknesses of his opponent, that worthless fcuk John Kerry. What a couple of losers...I remember being amazed that this was the best two men they could find in a nation of 300 million people, lol! Most wartime presidents are welcomed back into office on a tidal wave of support. Dubya, not so much.

However, I give Bush a pass on Iraq. I know why we invaded (we needed a real presence in the Middle East), and I am not disturbed that WMD were not found. All the indicators were there, including Saddam's belligerent posturing. So intelligence failed. Big deal. I'm sure it's neither the first nor last time.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:38 AM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:And Bill, Fox News' ratings are through the roof, and they are making millions every day. So why don't the leftwingnutsniffing channels tone down their left wing message to steal the Fox viewers? No need to fox to change as they are #1 already.

It was pure business genius to monopolize the Right viewers, as they were an under-served market previously. But what FOX has done to keep them in the boat is just plain tragicomic. I used to be able to watch it...hell I used to LIKE it. Now, it's just a joke.

They have zero competition, in that there are no other rightie cable newschannels. The primarily left-swinging media has several hannels, which splits up that half of the pie into understandably smaller pieces. FOX's high ratings are because they have a captive audience, as well as ALL of that audience. No duh they'll have a higher rating than the more liberal channels who must share the available liberal viewer pool.

The lack of competition means FOX can do as they please, make it as salacious as they want, to make people tune in regularly. It's the drek the people are tuning into that makes it all so funny. It's not news. It's a Product.

Hmm. Wait. They have no competition. That's a Monopoly. That's anti-business. Shouldn't you be offended by that?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:49 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:And Bill, Fox News' ratings are through the roof, and they are making millions every day. So why don't the leftwingnutsniffing channels tone down their left wing message to steal the Fox viewers? No need to fox to change as they are #1 already.

It was pure business genius to monopolize the Right viewers, as they were an under-served market previously. But what FOX has done to keep them in the boat is just plain tragicomic. I used to be able to watch it...hell I used to LIKE it. Now, it's just a joke.

They have zero competition, in that there are no other rightie cable newschannels. The primarily left-swinging media has several hannels, which splits up that half of the pie into understandably smaller pieces. FOX's high ratings are because they have a captive audience, as well as ALL of that audience. No duh they'll have a higher rating than the more liberal channels who must share the available liberal viewer pool.

The lack of competition means FOX can do as they please, make it as salacious as they want, to make people tune in regularly. It's the drek the people are tuning into that makes it all so funny. It's not news. It's a Product.

Hmm. Wait. They have no competition. That's a Monopoly. That's anti-business. Shouldn't you be offended by that?

He makes a point. You cant argue with facts.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:46 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:There's a difference. He was a @!#$ coke sniffing moron, In my personal opinion. Also the person that said invade Iraq even though there were no wmd's and if you don't agree the nation as a whole will view you as unpatriotic. Also the guy that pissed away all of Clintons tax surplus. Frankly I think the liberal medias portrayal of him was dead on. But that's just me.
It sounds like the real difference is your opinion of the two presidents. You agreed with the liberal media's view of Bush (and just repeated much of their talking points about him), but you disagree with Fox's view of Obama.
Bingo.
This thread is stupid; FOX commentary contains malignent misinformation, duh.
My problem is that their "not news" has been filtering into their "news". Not too much, but it's there.
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:So why didn't you just title this thread "Fox News sucks, and I Hate G.W. Bush" ?

I've also noticed lately that the "liberal" outlets have been starting pulls lines from the FOX outlets...

*disclaimer* I don't really watch the news; my observations are primarily based on promos run during other programming and the odd occasions when I'm doing something else and the TV is on in the background

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:04 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Well, let's face it. Bush was roundly despised by many, even in his own party. Fact is, he barely even got re-elected, and to me, it was mostly due to the weaknesses of his opponent, that worthless fcuk John Kerry. What a couple of losers...I remember being amazed that this was the best two men they could find in a nation of 300 million people, lol! Most wartime presidents are welcomed back into office on a tidal wave of support. Dubya, not so much.

However, I give Bush a pass on Iraq. I know why we invaded (we needed a real presence in the Middle East), and I am not disturbed that WMD were not found. All the indicators were there, including Saddam's belligerent posturing. So intelligence failed. Big deal. I'm sure it's neither the first nor last time.

Ladies and gentlemen a post by wild bill that I can partly agree with. Well played sir

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:09 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

lol.

Lets say there are 5 restaurants in town. 4 taco joints and a pizza joint. The pizza place is always busy, while the taco joints attract just enough customers to justify staying open. This goes on for years. You'd think that maybe one of the taco owners would switch to pizza. But they don't. That tells me, that despite what is good for business, pizza just doesn't fit their philosophy....they don't believe in pizza....they believe in tacos, and are incredulous that the rest of the town doesn't believe in tacos too.

Nothing is stopping msnbc from firing some of their liberal commentators and hiring some well know conservatives. If it would bring in more moderates, and raise revenue....why don't they do it? I'll tell you why: They BELIEVE in tacos.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:28 PM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:
Quote:

lol.

Lets say there are 5 restaurants in town. 4 taco joints and a pizza joint. The pizza place is always busy, while the taco joints attract just enough customers to justify staying open. This goes on for years. You'd think that maybe one of the taco owners would switch to pizza. But they don't. That tells me, that despite what is good for business, pizza just doesn't fit their philosophy....they don't believe in pizza....they believe in tacos, and are incredulous that the rest of the town doesn't believe in tacos too.

Nothing is stopping msnbc from firing some of their liberal commentators and hiring some well know conservatives. If it would bring in more moderates, and raise revenue....why don't they do it? I'll tell you why: They BELIEVE in tacos.

Hmmm, I think Wild Bill there might have been joking... I hope...
Interesting that you chose pizza and not hot dogs

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search