why is the economy not growing? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: why is the economy not growing?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:46 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:You aren't addressing the discussion, you're choosing to take individual comments, quote them out of context or completely misunderstand or twist what was said and then go on the offensive about that comment.

So when you have nothing to add, then go criticize the opposing individual? I'm actually responding to what you comment. If you don't like my answer is one thing, but to now turn it to what I do or don't do? Really, is this what you have to result too?

Labotomi wrote:
I'll do a little picking and choosing to give you an example.
Take this exchange

labotomi wrote:If the companies could make more money by expanding and hiring more people then they would. Most CEOs aren't stupid.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:So do you think the vision of putting your workforce everywhere but in the US is actually a good move? Do these "non-stupid" CEOs think the public will be $hiting money in order to stimulate the economy?

Your first statement was pure obvious. The the second statement can be questioned; which is where I came in. What is your point?

labotomi wrote:
labotomi wrote:I'm not even sure where your comment comes from or what it's intended to refute. I could rewrite my statement, but I'll just let you reread it yourself. It means exactly what it says

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:It comes from the part where you say: "Most CEOs aren't stupid." Did you forget what you wrote already?

Right there you have taken something I said, completely twisted it or misread what I said altogether and then tried to use it against me in some fashion. I never forgot what I wrote, it's just that your reply didn't have anything to do with my comment. It was a pretty simple and straightforward comment and had nothing to do with outsourcing or where any stimulation of the economy would come from, but you reply as if I was a proponent of US companies moving or creating jobs overseas. Nowhere did I say any such thing.

Sorry to inform you, but my reply did have to do with what you wrote. Which is why I wrote to your "where does it comes from." It just so happens you don't like it. You can't refute what I said because you know it is true. So now you come here bringing BS on the things I do. What are you going to do next, bring another obvious sentence that "a wheel is round" to then you want me to refute that?
And you are right, you were not proposing of US companies moving or creating jobs overseas, BUT... unfortunately there are CEOs that do. Which again for the 3rd time now I said what I said.

Quote:

[I'm sure you're only this way on the internet because in a real conversation you wouldn't have the luxury of reading a post over and over looking for things to take out of context.
Speaking on "overlooking" why are you still avoiding my question now for the 3rd time? Normally I would not care, but now you suddenly decided to point fingers on others, yet you fail to realize the stunts you do.

Quote:

but you're so full of yourself that you get defensive whenever your views are challenged. I have no problem discussing differences in opinions, but I don't feel any obligation to teach you things you should have learned from your parents.

Tell me, did you look in the mirror when you wrote that? You do realize you are now deciding to focus on me and not the issue because you can't handle views that is not inline with yours. Lastly, it is pretty obvious you do have a problem of difference of opinions, sadly you parents never taught you that not everyone will think like you. What's more, I can already tell that you would never admit on an agreement with a person with general opposing view, even though inside it eats you up that the person is correct. No?

And since you've decided to turn this thread about what I do and not on the economy, I will step out on this BS. If you decide to bring it back to where it was... and if it is debatable, I'll jump in.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:01 PM on j-body.org
I just hope you realize how inadequate your explanation is. You try and make your response seem as if it's obvious to my statement even though it has nothing to do with what I said. It seems you're claiming I've made statements about subjects I'd not even touched.

It had nothing to do with what I wrote, so whether I liked it or not is not relevant. It wasn't a topic I was involved in, nor was it a topic I support, nor contrary to your implications one that a majority of CEOs agree on either, but I'm sure you'll just try and make it seem as if all of corporate america is wanting to move overseas.

About your question...you've asked multiple ones in each response. Am I to take each one seriously because I don't. I'm not even sure which one you're considering as significant. If it's one of these;
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:So do you think the vision of putting your workforce everywhere but in the US is actually a good move? Do these "non-stupid" CEOs think the public will be $hiting money in order to stimulate the economy?
Then the answers (even though not relevant to my comments) are No and No.

I don't have a problem with your views. I have a problem with your responses and my replies have stated that very clearly. I made it very clear as to why I have issues with your statements. It's not the political or economic viewpoints. I've been in discussion with many others who have worse views than you. They just win out on the style and tone.
I'll answer your question at the end of that paragraph so you don't get upset even though your question and previous statement make it very easy to twist any answer in either direction, which is of course is what you'll do. No.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:55 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:I just hope you realize how inadequate your explanation is. You try and make your response seem as if it's obvious to my statement even though it has nothing to do with what I said. It seems you're claiming I've made statements about subjects I'd not even touched.
And in my book, changing the subject from why the economy is not moving, to pointing fingers on what I do, is in adequate. Go figure.
Quote:

It had nothing to do with what I wrote, so whether I liked it or not is not relevant. It wasn't a topic I was involved in, nor was it a topic I support, nor contrary to your implications one that a majority of CEOs agree on either, but I'm sure you'll just try and make it seem as if all of corporate america is wanting to move overseas
It is relevant because you chose to be immature and not focus on the thread and decided to focus on what I do instead. If it wasn't relevant, you would still be talking about the economy and not what I do. And for your CEO doesn't support statement... look at your American company label and tell me where it is made in. Then tell me again that CEOs do not support what I said.

Quote:

About your question...you've asked multiple ones in each response. Am I to take each one seriously because I don't. I'm not even sure which one you're considering as significant. If it's one of these;
Since you now conveniently decided to be blind too.
Can you see the the question now?
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Labotomi wrote:
Labotomi wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Take a look here too.
Some of your statements in the other thread don't make any sense at all.

On what?

The replies in the thread to your comments say enough. I shouldn't have to rehash what has already been said.

If you have nothing to say in the other or this thread, then stay mute. You saying: "don't make sense" and not explain what you mean, is utter useless.

Quote:

I don't have a problem with your views. I have a problem with your responses and my replies have stated that very clearly. I made it very clear as to why I have issues with your statements. It's not the political or economic viewpoints. I've been in discussion with many others who have worse views than you.

Keep telling your self that, eventually you'll believe it yourself.
Lastly, that underline statement says so much about your character. So now different means "worse." Heh, we're not going anywhere with that theory. And quite frankly, I still do not know why I even responded to your BS to begin with.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:47 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:I just hope you realize how inadequate your explanation is. You try and make your response seem as if it's obvious to my statement even though it has nothing to do with what I said. It seems you're claiming I've made statements about subjects I'd not even touched.
And in my book, changing the subject from why the economy is not moving, to pointing fingers on what I do, is in adequate. Go figure.
Quote:

It had nothing to do with what I wrote, so whether I liked it or not is not relevant. It wasn't a topic I was involved in, nor was it a topic I support, nor contrary to your implications one that a majority of CEOs agree on either, but I'm sure you'll just try and make it seem as if all of corporate america is wanting to move overseas
It is relevant because you chose to be immature and not focus on the thread and decided to focus on what I do instead. If it wasn't relevant, you would still be talking about the economy and not what I do. And for your CEO doesn't support statement... look at your American company label and tell me where it is made in. Then tell me again that CEOs do not support what I said.

Quote:

Since you now conveniently decided to be blind too.
Can you see the the question now?
Labotomi wrote:
Labotomi wrote:

On what?

The replies in the thread to your comments say enough. I shouldn't have to rehash what has already been said.

If you have nothing to say in the other or this thread, then stay mute. You saying: "don't make sense" and not explain what you mean, is utter useless.

Quote:

I don't have a problem with your views. I have a problem with your responses and my replies have stated that very clearly. I made it very clear as to why I have issues with your statements. It's not the political or economic viewpoints. I've been in discussion with many others who have worse views than you.

Keep telling your self that, eventually you'll believe it yourself.
Lastly, that underline statement says so much about your character. So now different means "worse." Heh, we're not going anywhere with that theory. And quite frankly, I still do not know why I even responded to your BS to begin with.

Like I've stated before, you like to argue semantics instead of substance. I never stated that "different" means "worst" but you imply that anyway. See how this is a trend with you? I was stating that your views were better than some others, but you now try and twist it to say that everything I see as different I see as worse. This is the problem with your replies. You see what you want to see or you manipulate it and then berate a meaning that has nothing to do with the statements.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:32 PM on j-body.org
Right. What ever makes you feel all tingly inside. If that what it takes to make you feel better, so be it.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:27 AM on j-body.org
the reason the economy is not growing is liberal keynsian economic policies do not work. the over regulation and taxation will never allow the economy to grow, double dip here we come.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 12:11 PM on j-body.org
Describe said over-regulation and taxation in detail, please. Be sure to specifically attribute your accusations of each to the current administration.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:Like I've stated before, you like to argue semantics instead of substance.
You say that... and yet I must point out that you refused to back up your earlier statement
Labotomi wrote:

with any substance at all. He called you on it, and you have just brushed it aside. If you make a statement like that, you need to ELABORATE. If you cannot do that(meaning you have no substance to back up your statement), then be the gentleman and retract your statement.

Don't think I'm taking his "side" on this - I'm not. This is about what you said(a mass blanket statement that was not specific enough to possibly refute) and how you said it(namely without any substance), rather than who you said it too(I care far more about WHAT is right not WHO). I probably would have ignored it, except your the statement I quoted first from you.

Wiezer Walley wrote:The only thing Obama will show after his term is that a black man can fuk sh it up just as much if not more than a white man. Obama is an IDIOT. saying that he is doing a great job make YOU an idiot.
You say this a mere 7 minutes after saying
Wiezer Walley wrote:PLEASE ELABOATE!!!!!! THIS SHOULD BE GOOD!

Well please do. Granted whatever you say will most likely have been covered to death here, but still. You make a huge blanket statement and declare that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot, so back up your statement.

I'd also like to add that I disagree with many on here, but that does not make the people I disagree with idiots. Granted some of them may (or may not) indeed be idiots, but I really don't know that. It is much more fitting to judge someone an idiot over the DECISIONS they make over their own life, rather than the OPINIONS they hold. Even then. its hard to do without fully understanding WHY they made those decisions and on what information did they have available at the time to make those decisions.

With OPINIONS, you don't know how a person came to any particular opinion, do you? Even if you firmly believe they hold the "correct" (according to YOU) opinion, do you know that they came to that opinion through the correct method? Surely you have heard "the broken clock is right twice a day," but does that mean the broken clock is "wise" twice a day? Obviously not. It is correct only as a matter of circumstance, not because it is properly functioning.

Even if you hear someone who more often than not has what you believe to be the "correct" opinion, that could still mean several different things. They COULD have done plenty of independent research - really educated themselves on the subject matter, and came to the conclusion on their own after plenty of deep thought. They also may just be parroting what they heard their friends say, or what they heard on talk radio etc. The first person is well informed and thoughtful, while the second person remains ignorant and possibly quite stupid(this is typically the same person who can not back up their statements) - yet they share the same opinion.

Even the smartest of men do not agree on all things - far from it(our forefathers being a PRIME example of this). Higher intelligence does not lead one to formulate any particular set of beliefs/opinions.

I also have some things to say more direct about the subject on hand, but its time to go to work, I'll have to cover this later.

Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:39 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
Labotomi wrote:Like I've stated before, you like to argue semantics instead of substance.
You say that... and yet I must point out that you refused to back up your earlier statement
Labotomi wrote:

with any substance at all. He called you on it, and you have just brushed it aside. If you make a statement like that, you need to ELABORATE. If you cannot do that(meaning you have no substance to back up your statement), then be the gentleman and retract your statement.
His statements were refuted by others in the linked post. I agree with the other people who voiced their differing opinions. Should I put my responses to his statements in this thread or join in the other thread and say basically what others have already said. Linking that thread when it proves nothing did little to further his argument in this one.

One of the biggest things I disagree with is with his statement that companies were taxed more in the past and were doing well as was the economy. This statement is true, but it isn't relevant to todays situation. Their are different factors affecting the economy today than during the periods he refers to. There can be no direct comparison.

Another statement made is that Obama's stimulus worked in that companies showed a profit. While this is true, it's only an artificial pickup in the economy. It's non sustainable. Take the Cash for Clunkers...sure many auto companies made profits directly linked to this program, but now things have slowed back down to the "real" level of purchasing. If anything, we're seeing an actual lower amount of vehicle purchasing because people who would have waited until now went ahead and bought last year to take advantage of this program. Overall it has had negligible effect on building the economy or creating jobs. People started making money during these times and thus started spending like they had before not looking further down the road and realizing that things would slow again. Now those people have spent the money gained due to this program and are back at the point they were before the artificial increase began.

bk3k wrote:Don't think I'm taking his "side" on this - I'm not. This is about what you said(a mass blanket statement that was not specific enough to possibly refute) and how you said it(namely without any substance), rather than who you said it too(I care far more about WHAT is right not WHO). I probably would have ignored it, except your the statement I quoted first from you.

Wiezer Walley wrote:The only thing Obama will show after his term is that a black man can fuk sh it up just as much if not more than a white man. Obama is an IDIOT. saying that he is doing a great job make YOU an idiot.
You say this a mere 7 minutes after saying
Wiezer Walley wrote:PLEASE ELABOATE!!!!!! THIS SHOULD BE GOOD!

Well please do. Granted whatever you say will most likely have been covered to death here, but still. You make a huge blanket statement and declare that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot, so back up your statement.

I'd also like to add that I disagree with many on here, but that does not make the people I disagree with idiots. Granted some of them may (or may not) indeed be idiots, but I really don't know that. It is much more fitting to judge someone an idiot over the DECISIONS they make over their own life, rather than the OPINIONS they hold. Even then. its hard to do without fully understanding WHY they made those decisions and on what information did they have available at the time to make those decisions.

With OPINIONS, you don't know how a person came to any particular opinion, do you? Even if you firmly believe they hold the "correct" (according to YOU) opinion, do you know that they came to that opinion through the correct method? Surely you have heard "the broken clock is right twice a day," but does that mean the broken clock is "wise" twice a day? Obviously not. It is correct only as a matter of circumstance, not because it is properly functioning.

Even if you hear someone who more often than not has what you believe to be the "correct" opinion, that could still mean several different things. They COULD have done plenty of independent research - really educated themselves on the subject matter, and came to the conclusion on their own after plenty of deep thought. They also may just be parroting what they heard their friends say, or what they heard on talk radio etc. The first person is well informed and thoughtful, while the second person remains ignorant and possibly quite stupid(this is typically the same person who can not back up their statements) - yet they share the same opinion.

Even the smartest of men do not agree on all things - far from it(our forefathers being a PRIME example of this). Higher intelligence does not lead one to formulate any particular set of beliefs/opinions.

I also have some things to say more direct about the subject on hand, but its time to go to work, I'll have to cover this later.
There's always smart people on each side of issues like this. There are also methods proposed by each that could have a positive effect. I have no problem with people having liberal views although I disagree with some of them. I also have heard conservative ideas with which I disagree.

While there are companies that would take advantage of any tax cuts and provide no additional job creation, there are others that could use the reduced expenses to hire needed people and expand their manufacturing capabilities and thus cut end user costs.

Politics and especially financial policy is a polarizing subject. Some tend to see corporations as evil. While some definitely aren't employee friendly, you can't lump them all together in your opinions on how they handle social matters.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search