Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:52 AM on j-body.org


This is not good...

Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:00 AM on j-body.org
Within the next two weeks, there will be an all out media blitz, paid for by the DNC. It will feature BHO among others.... basically telling us, that Bush planned these "tax increases" ten years ago. But he and the democrats are not going to allow more failed bush policies to take us backwards. That is why, myself and the democrats in congress are going to ensure that millions of hardworking americans do not see their taxes increased. However, the rich wall street fat cats are going to start paying their fair share.

. See if I'm wrong.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:

That is why, myself and the democrats in congress are going to ensure that millions of hardworking americans do not see their taxes increased. However, the rich wall street fat cats are going to start paying their fair share.

. See if I'm wrong.

.



they can pay more taxes but won't they increase to price of their products to the consumer?
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:49 PM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:

Within the next two weeks, there will be an all out media blitz, paid for by the DNC. It will feature BHO among others.... basically telling us, that Bush planned these "tax increases" ten years ago. But he and the democrats are not going to allow more failed bush policies to take us backwards. That is why, myself and the democrats in congress are going to ensure that millions of hardworking americans do not see their taxes increased. However, the rich wall street fat cats are going to start paying their fair share.

. See if I'm wrong.

.



Just in time for elections....


Chris




"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry


Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:27 AM on j-body.org
I love the math that shows how much we're going to lose in revenue. Once again, they make an argument based on the economy being a zero-sum equation, where we have a definitive tax base number, and an increase or a cut equals a direct amount of that number. They refuse to take into account the fact that increases will slow economic growth, and cuts will stimulate it, both of which will cause the size of the tax base to change.

Kevin Trudeau wrote:

Within the next two weeks, there will be an all out media blitz, paid for by the DNC. It will feature BHO among others.... basically telling us, that Bush planned these "tax increases" ten years ago.
And they will conveniently leave out the entire reason why they are set to expire in the first place, which is the fact that the cuts were part of a budget, not a bill. Budget items are by law required to have an end date, so that permanent items can not be passed through that process.






Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:57 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

I love the math that shows how much we're going to lose in revenue.


I would not say "We're" I would say They're going to lose in revenue because it seems to be Ok to become rich working for the government but if you become rich working for the private sector then they want to increase your tax rate.

so tax the hell out rich people right? neal boortz today said rich people don't know how to spend their money!!! government knows how to spend their money better.
-sarcasm
And lets spend another 50 Billion dollar stimulus and spend it on things like turtle tunnels so that the turtle can cross the road and not get hit by a car. that will stimulate the economy according to Obama

Your text to link here...
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:48 PM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:

Within the next two weeks, there will be an all out media blitz, paid for by the DNC. It will feature BHO among others.... basically telling us, that Bush planned these "tax increases" ten years ago. But he and the democrats are not going to allow more failed bush policies to take us backwards. That is why, myself and the democrats in congress are going to ensure that millions of hardworking americans do not see their taxes increased. However, the rich wall street fat cats are going to start paying their fair share.

. See if I'm wrong.

.


Jesus freaking Christ. Would you get over the Barack hussein Obama bull @!#$. What are you Michael Savage? Who gives a @!#$. I have a friend thats name is Mohammed. And he is not Muslim, his dad converted in his early twenties before his son was born. Dad left mom raised him Christian. Does that make him a terrorist or non American? No you tool bag it does not.

And don't raise the birth certificate issue. If some goon like you or Savage or Anne coulter came to me asking to see my birth certificate I would not show you either. I'd just sit there letting you post on the jbo watching you make a moron out of yourself.

So take sometime to make a clever comeback. I am disabled and don't work, I have all the time in the world to laugh at narrow minded people.





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:42 PM on j-body.org
I don't need time to arrive at a clever retort. BHO is, as you know, short for Barrak Hussein Obama....kinda how "W" is short for George W. Bush. I don't think I've ever talked about him being a Muzzie, or for that matter, questioned the validity of his birth certificate. Go ahead and search....get Bill, Spike, and Goodwrench to help you. You assumed quite a bit there.

Quote:

I am disabled and don't work, I have all the time in the world to laugh at narrow minded people.







Let me guess....some sort of construction accident, right? What happened.... you hurt your back, right? Gosh darn back pain can keep a fellow from doing any kind of work for years on end, if he gets the right doctor.

.

.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:08 PM on j-body.org
Actually it's osteoarthritis with 6 herniated discs. So not above assuming yourself are ya.





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:03 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:

Actually it's osteoarthritis with 6 herniated discs. So not above assuming yourself are ya.



Lets see where you stand Michael,

are you agaist tax cuts for people making over 200,000 dollars and why?

do you believe W bush tax cuts is the reason why the economy is in a hole and why?

how can the economy get better?


I'm not picking on you I just wonder where you stand, that's all
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:26 PM on j-body.org



THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.


Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 4:46 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:




How?


what's in that budget that is sinking the US boat? Perhaps if government wasn't so HUGE they would not need so much taxes
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 5:06 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:

Actually it's osteoarthritis with 6 herniated discs. So not above assuming yourself are ya.



Lets see where you stand Michael,

are you agaist tax cuts for people making over 200,000 dollars and why?

do you believe W bush tax cuts is the reason why the economy is in a hole and why?

how can the economy get better?


I'm not picking on you I just wonder where you stand, that's all



I would love to answer this, give me some time to gather my thoughts and I will have at it,





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 6:19 AM on j-body.org
For people making over 200,000, i am against it. They can afford it. As long as they are not living beyond their means. Frankly I think you could raise taxes for people all the way to 75,000 and they would still be living comfortably. If the country wants to get out of a tax deficit the money has to come from somewhere. And people with the means need to contribute. Bottom line, you can bark about capitalism all you want but the fact of the matter is our country runs off collected taxes. If no money is coming in then the system stops. Its time for more people to be held accountable for whats going on here in this country. And start taking responsibility for making it better.

As far as Bush, no I don't. As a working class parent for a while I loved them. The economy is in the hole because people are fickle. For example whatever the panic of the day was before the recession, all of wall street grabbed their money and ran. And the more it happened the more money went into hiding. The american people and government led to this IMO. For example when the bailout money given out and Companies like AIG, Freddie Mac, Fannie, Mae, ect... used some of the money to give bonuses to their executives. This totaled millions and millions of dollars. To the average joe this was a TON of money and a major slap in the face. This caused a lack of confidence, which caused people to stop investing, which spiraled down to where we are now. The problem is that there is no more accountability. When you hold people accountable then things will start to change.

As far as your third question. Its all about consumer confidence and accountability. When those issue are resolved confidence builds and the spending starts again and the country starts to heal.

I hope my ramblings made sense. If not just ask for clarification and I will do my best.




Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 10, 2010 1:17 PM




Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 4:55 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:

For people making over 200,000, i am against it. They can afford it. As long as they are not living beyond their means.


hey I respect your point of view. One of the reasons I'm against racing taxes is because they help create jobs.

if you make over 200,000 dollars and you can afford a fancy boat from sea ray made here in the US, that would help create jobs because the sea ray plant would need to hire people to build those boats.

if you make over 200,000 dollars and you can afford to build a fancy house made here in the US, that would help create jobs because the contractor would need to hire people to build those boats.
then the employees would have a job to feed their family

that is just an small example of why I'm not against tax increase to the rich. if it wasn't for rich people today I would not have a job.
if rich people quit investing where I work and they move to a different country with low tax rates, I'm out of a job and I actually like my job

I do agree that Its all about consumer confidence and accountability. but also investor confidence and responsibility, no more bail outs, no more stimulus spending, government spending and fire Freddie Mac, Mac Fannie Freddie because they did not do their job well.
if I don't' do a good job I get fired no questions asked, why are they different? that's where the confidence accountability and responsibility kicks in.

i'm not an economic expert but when they ask to tax the rich more then I do the math and it doesn't add up. how we got the economy in the hole is still in question but as far I remember they wanted to pass a bill that would force lenders to approve everyone get a new house even if they could not afford it so they put them in a flexible rate but then it jumped back up to be able to finish paying the house on time
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 4:56 PM on j-body.org
the contractor would need to hire people to build the house

crap I need edit
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 5:51 PM on j-body.org
^^ good points. Well done





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:

^^ good points. Well done



Thanks, same back to you
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 7:01 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, I agree. I don't like rich people because they have a lot more money than I do, and that's not fair. Yes, I realize that they already pay a much higher percentage of their income in taxes, and with their big fancy houses, they pay a lot more in property taxes....and yes, I understand that they paid a lot more in sales taxes for their Ferrari, than I did for my used Buick. But the fact remaining, is that even after all that, they still have a lot more money than the average joe. Even after paying all those taxes, they still have upwards of millions of dollars to burn.

I say, tax anyone with an income of 1million or more, at 75%. That way, they could still live in a big house, drive expensive cars, and go on expensive vacations. Plus, think of all the helpful progra.....err.....national debt we could pay down.

Then when the national debt is paid down, we don't lower their taxes. No, we keep it at that level, and use the money to pay for better schools for the disadvantaged, build new drug treatment facilities. We can fix our crumbling bridges and roads, give our teachers, police, and firefighters the raises they deserve.


Finally, if the rich were to deliberately cease investing and expanding their businesses, or try to move them overseas to weasel out of paying their fair share of taxes, we would just make it illegal to do it, and seize their assets and have the government run their businesses. That way, jobs wouldn't be lost.

You liking the sound of this?

.




“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 7:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^Yeah I like it a lot except the last paragraph. You do understand that the lower class is lower class for a reason. They don't have any money. Therefore you can't tax them. There's nothing to tax. If you raise taxes on the middle class the a large portion of the less well off middle class then becomes lower class. The upper class is the only ones with enough money. Then again we could just tax everyone into poverty by your logic, then we become a third world country.

You liking the sound of this?





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Friday, September 10, 2010 8:41 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Yeah, I agree. I don't like rich people because they have a lot more money than I do, and that's not fair. Yes, I realize that they already pay a much higher percentage of their income in taxes, and with their big fancy houses, they pay a lot more in property taxes....and yes, I understand that they paid a lot more in sales taxes for their Ferrari, than I did for my used Buick. But the fact remaining, is that even after all that, they still have a lot more money than the average joe. Even after paying all those taxes, they still have upwards of millions of dollars to burn.

I say, tax anyone with an income of 1million or more, at 75%. That way, they could still live in a big house, drive expensive cars, and go on expensive vacations. Plus, think of all the helpful progra.....err.....national debt we could pay down.

Then when the national debt is paid down, we don't lower their taxes. No, we keep it at that level, and use the money to pay for better schools for the disadvantaged, build new drug treatment facilities. We can fix our crumbling bridges and roads, give our teachers, police, and firefighters the raises they deserve.


These are the parts you like? Hook line and sinker you twat.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:39 AM on j-body.org
On the contrary my family is very well off. Just Because I don't work does not mean I don't have money. For example my father and step mom clear $300,000 a year. I grew up in the main line of pennsylvania. One of the wealthiest areas in the country.

So this alone makes your whole " I'm pissed because people have money and I dont" point moot.
Nice try you twat. I have money. I just care about people with less than I do. It's called being a humanitarian. But you would most likely know nothing about this. Where as I give money to practically every homeless person I see, you prolly grew up spitting on them.





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:16 AM on j-body.org
If your family clears 300k, then they should be giving away all but $75k. Funny how rich people who want the government to tax the hell out of themselves, don't voluntarily give that same amount up...until its taxed out of 'em.


“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:41 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:

If your family clears 300k, then they should be giving away all but $75k. Funny how rich people who want the government to tax the hell out of themselves, don't voluntarily give that same amount up...until its taxed out of 'em.


Whats the matter? Run out of extreme right wing talking points? Also my family has always paid their taxes and never complained about it. And we may not voluntarily donate money to the fed, but we do donate a lot to charity.
Anywho i'm done pwning you, If you would like me to stick it to you some more just keep spewing that hard core republican rhetoric.


Btw i did not say take all but 75,000. I SAID you could raise taxes for people who earn as much as 75,000. Get your facts straight before you try and make a point.





Re: Why should Obama keep Bush tax cuts?
Saturday, September 11, 2010 10:58 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I don't like rich people because they have a lot more money than I do, and that's not fair. Yes, I realize that they already pay a much higher percentage of their income in taxes, and with their big fancy houses, they pay a lot more in property taxes....and yes, I understand that they paid a lot more in sales taxes for their Ferrari, than I did for my used Buick. But the fact remaining, is that even after all that, they still have a lot more money than the average joe. Even after paying all those taxes, they still have upwards of millions of dollars to burn.

I say, tax anyone with an income of 1million or more, at 75%. That way, they could still live in a big house, drive expensive cars, and go on expensive vacations. Plus, think of all the helpful progra.....err.....national debt we could pay down.

Then when the national debt is paid down, we don't lower their taxes. No, we keep it at that level, and use the money to pay for better schools for the disadvantaged, build new drug treatment facilities. We can fix our crumbling bridges and roads, give our teachers, police, and firefighters the raises they deserve.


Finally, if the rich were to deliberately cease investing and expanding their businesses, or try to move them overseas to weasel out of paying their fair share of taxes, we would just make it illegal to do it, and seize their assets and have the government run their businesses. That way, jobs wouldn't be lost.

You liking the sound of this?

.




i know if this were me i'd make sure to end my earnings at 999,999,999. that way i stayed under that milllion dollar mark, if i was a business owner i'd proably make sure i stayed under it and made more money, would also keep me from expanding and growing and hiring more empoyee's.


you should make it so people want to work towards being rich. create a desire in people to go out there and make there mark, instead of just saying well he has it, lets just take it and give it to that guy that doesnt have it.



giving money to every homeless man you meet may seem like your doing a good thing, but when your just teaching the homeless guy to rely on you to get by, nothing is learned. your just supporting someone. better idea is to donate the money to groups who work on helping the homeless people get jobs and get back on there feet. this way your money is going to actually help someone get off the street, versus just promoting begging and doing nothing to change your situation.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search