Which side are you on ? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Which side are you on ?
Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:44 PM on j-body.org
I don't see what is so difficult about my question. It wasn't loaded with pitfalls to trap you into saying something....Just what do you consider (not what you think I might know about them), no, what do you consider so extreme right about the republicans or teapartiers.....so far to the right in fact, that it seems to disgust and alienate you.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Sunday, November 07, 2010 2:42 PM on j-body.org
Your question received a simple enough answer...what about this answer do you find difficult to understand?

Sunday, November 07, 2010 5:47 PM on j-body.org
You didn't answer his question at all. You explained what extreme means. You did not give examples of policies you would put in that category. For anyone reading your posts in this forum, it would seem obvious that you view anything conservative as extreme, yet you call yourself center-right. As in the past when I've put the exact same question to you, you dodge it with obfuscations and platitudes, just as you've done with any questions about your specific views.

Monday, November 08, 2010 5:24 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav uselessly wrote:
You didn't answer his question at all. You explained what extreme means. You did not give examples of policies you would put in that category. For anyone reading your posts in this forum, it would seem obvious that you view anything conservative as extreme, yet you call yourself center-right. As in the past when I've put the exact same question to you, you dodge it with obfuscations and platitudes, just as you've done with any questions about your specific views.

If you don't mind (hell, even if you DO mind!), I'll reply only to him about his questions. Feel free to rant on and on about your perceptions all you wish, it's easy to ignore a broken record.

Monday, November 08, 2010 10:24 AM on j-body.org
Im still here.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, November 08, 2010 3:17 PM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:Im still here.

You're also still extreme right wing in your views. You may not agree, you may insist that I somehow "prove" it, but none of that really matters, for anyone with a working knowledge of today's political scene would agree. Thus, if you don't agree, you're either in denial, or lack a working knowledge of today's political scene. You make the call, I'm OK with it either way.

Monday, November 08, 2010 4:35 PM on j-body.org
You forced me into it Bill. I asked twice for you to explain what views, held by the right, to be extreme or extremist... not the definition of extreme, and not what my views are. You gave answers to questions that were not asked and no one is falling for it. You've been exposed as either having no substantive opinion, or masquerading as a moderate. Either way I'm ok with it.

There's no need to expose me, as I'm fairly open and upfront about my political views....yes, including my views on those practicing Islam.

Monday, November 08, 2010 5:21 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote: anyone with a working knowledge of today's political scene would agree. Thus, if you don't agree, you're either in denial, or lack a working knowledge of today's political scene...
Pure, unfettered arrogance. Until you see this, Bill, you will gain absolutely zero respect here with your repetitious postings of how much more enlightened you are than the rest of us. Goodwrench may be the possible exception to this, seeing as you two stroke each other with your pretentious babbling.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:28 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:You forced me into it Bill. I asked twice for you to explain what views, held by the right, to be extreme or extremist... not the definition of extreme, and not what my views are. You gave answers to questions that were not asked and no one is falling for it. You've been exposed as either having no substantive opinion, or masquerading as a moderate. Either way I'm ok with it.

There's no need to expose me, as I'm fairly open and upfront about my political views....yes, including my views on those practicing Islam.

I force nothing. You're inherently unable to understand passive resistance.

You want an education on what right wing extremism is? Then seek it. Don't demand that others provide it for you. You've said or done nothing here to ingratiate me to the point that I would wish to enlighten you in this regard. You spew hatred and repulse people here with nearly every post. I could not care less how much you wish me to illustrate your views for your own entertainment.

My opinions are indeed substantive, and considerably more moderate than extremists on the right...OR left. The fact that you will never be equipped to see that entertains ME.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:29 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:You want an education on what right wing extremism is? Then seek it.
What a typical cop-out. When asked to back up a claim with specifics, you have never done anything but obfuscate with this kind of idiocy. When you can actually have a discussion and state what your actual beliefs are, or why you view someone as one thing or another, you might be taken seriously.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:48 AM on j-body.org
extremism to one person is bein moderate to anothr, without knowing specifically what you consider extremism theres really no point in debating it. its kinda like two people trying to debate what a certain color is without knowing the color. its worthless discussion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 10:13 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:extremism to one person is bein moderate to anothr, without knowing specifically what you consider extremism theres really no point in debating it. its kinda like two people trying to debate what a certain color is without knowing the color. its worthless discussion.

I don't agree. In the political and social arena, establishing positions on the spectrum of available choices is rather straightfoward, and not a matter of perception. If one aligns oneself with extreme views on the right or the left, one is an extremist. These are literal, practical definitions, and very detailed.

Here's a general guide to get you started:

The Political Compass

There are many other resources available to help one understand the essential differencee between left, right, and moderate. Don't be too surprised if what you learn about yourself contradicts what you thought you already knew!

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:59 AM on j-body.org
still disagree. again. if your a serious left leaner then someone who is just right could by your standards be considered extreme. by someone on the far right that person would be considered in the middle.

and i took the test and pretty much wound up right where i thought i would. anyone care to guess where that was at?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:20 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:still disagree. again. if your a serious left leaner then someone who is just right could by your standards be considered extreme. by someone on the far right that person would be considered in the middle.

Well, of course anyone could be incorrect about anything at any time. But that doesn't change the fact that clear standards of beliefs, mores and behavior are ascribed to the various political sanctions. These are all well-established factors, not particularly open to interpretation. Far right is far right, whether to a moderate, a right-leaning centrist, or a far leftist...or an unbiased political analyst.

Again, don't take my word for it...there are any number of expert sources you can derive this information from. I'm merely citing the established standards...I neither established these standards, nor did I create the mindsets that they define.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:32 PM on j-body.org
So here's a question for you: do you believe the architects of the constitution were extremists?

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:
sndsgood wrote:still disagree. again. if your a serious left leaner then someone who is just right could by your standards be considered extreme. by someone on the far right that person would be considered in the middle.

Well, of course anyone could be incorrect about anything at any time. But that doesn't change the fact that clear standards of beliefs, mores and behavior are ascribed to the various political sanctions. These are all well-established factors, not particularly open to interpretation. Far right is far right, whether to a moderate, a right-leaning centrist, or a far leftist...or an unbiased political analyst.

Again, don't take my word for it...there are any number of expert sources you can derive this information from. I'm merely citing the established standards...I neither established these standards, nor did I create the mindsets that they define.

Okay, we'll run with this and i'll ask you where do i stand on the spectrum. ive just took the test you provided so we will go by that as my given answer.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 3:15 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:

Okay, we'll run with this and i'll ask you where do i stand on the spectrum. ive just took the test you provided so we will go by that as my given answer.

I don't mean to be evasive, but frankly...you've been somewhat slippery, lol! Unlike some, you've not expressed extreme views on either side of center, making you hard to define strictly on your posts here. Nonetheless, I will venture a guess:

Based on what I know of you, I'd presume that your test results portray you as slightly left of center, and slightly more libertarian than authoritarian. I do find this test's results to skew to the left somewhat, perhaps on the basis that it is rather international in scope. But, as I've mentioned, this is but one barometer, and certainly many more exist.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:02 PM on j-body.org
pretty close. correct on the libertarian side, just slighty to that. and just slightly to the right by a box or two. pretty close to center. wich is basically pretty correct. i lean towards the right but that doesnt mean i agree with everything. and granted some of those questions are kinda hard to really define you since its a basically yes or no type answer when you may not feel either answer is right. now i'll admit i can swing from left to right depending on the argument since i dont believe either side is truly right. to me the middle is the answer. but for me personally what i view as extreme allot of times is based off of my beliefs and my leanings. i can lean to the extreme to some people based on a certain topic such as abortion (generally against) gay marriage (pretty much for) so is there a number count of the amount of extreme views you need to have to be considered extreme? probalby not. for some as long as you beleive in something that is probalby extreme as viewed by them your proabaly an extremist.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:05 PM on j-body.org
"Do you believe that potatoes are a good ingredient to have in a potroast?" Potroasts are interesting and come in many recipes, but CRAYONS....now thats something that really riles me up"

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:25 PM on j-body.org
See this is why the Left/Right paradigm is bull@!#$ both sides argue and bicker with each other and nothing ever really gets done and no this is not a conspiracy its common knowledge .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:41 PM on j-body.org
it is a conspiracy and so can you.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:37 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:See this is why the Left/Right paradigm is bull@!#$ both sides argue and bicker with each other and nothing ever really gets done and no this is not a conspiracy its common knowledge .

the left/ right really doesnt have anything to do with it. its the people itself that believe that if someone has a diffrent view of thought that they shoudl oppose them at any chance they get instead of trying to work on a compromise. too many people believing they know whats best for everybody. 5 people can't decide on what resteraunt to go to lunch. but each person thinks they know whats best for millions of people. heck people on here think they know more then the men in charge of the entire country.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:25 AM on j-body.org
There are many issues where there is an absolute right or wrong. Perhaps not in some artsy-fartsy philosophy class at community college.... I would respect someone (not the viewpoint) if it stemmed from heartfelt conviction, if their view point was different than mine....as long as their actions matched their talk. Example.... some republican campaigns on lower taxes, smaller government, etc,,,,, and then gets to washington and his comfy office and starts cutting deals to stay in office. That guy gets none of my respect.

The democrat who truly BELIEVES in going green (and has no ties to green industry) and his personal life reflects that, as in recycling...living in a small house....driving a compact hybrid, or taking public transit. I may not agree with his viewpoint, but I will respect the man.

The hypocrisy that people are sick of is stuff like: Al Gore preaching green green green, and jetting all over the world to do what could be done via conference call.... Obama promising stuff would be on Cspan, a 5 day period for the public to review new legislation.....Republicans preaching "lower the deficit, cut taxes" and then jacking up the deficit spending under Bush.

You watch out for Rand Paul. You may hate his viewpoint, but he will not back down from what he promised to try and do.

Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:58 AM on j-body.org
most things there isnt an absolute and there is where the problems come from. both sides believing they are absolutely right.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:03 AM on j-body.org
Jason, although I understand where you come from with the idea that both sides being sure they are right being the problem, I believe the numbers, when viewed with an open mind, have well supported my case, which is why I have made the case. While everyone here knows me only as supporting this view, it's because no one here has known me long enough to have seen me have different opinions. However, I had an open mind and allowed myself to see what the historical data showed. Should anyone here actually come up with some compelling evidence that I'm wrong, I'll be happy to consider it. However, the only thing that has been used to debate my position is insults, insinuations, and suggestions. This doesn't get anyone to listen.

And while I will admit I have delved into the level of petty internet dick-measuring, it seems that's all this forum has become, thanks to a couple of heavy posters here. I figured that I might as well have a little fun with them. That being said, I'd much rather see this forum get back to some decent discussions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search