Right-wing militias on the rise again - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Right-wing militias on the rise again
Monday, November 15, 2010 9:48 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

just beause someone responds doesnt mean that they are being open to what you say. basically allot of people are just arguing back because that's what you promote. arguing instead of debating.
I understand your point. But although they choose to argue, the intention is also getting informed as to what is out there. Whatever road they take, that's their choosing.
Quote:

ahhh soo if im understanding you right, if i agree with someone in a post i have to stick to there sides and can't sway from the camps thinking. i see. sorry thats not the way i work, i go with what i agree with wether its a repuclican idea, a democrats idea or a libertarians idea. i follow myself. and not a party. do i lean towards the republicans?
And since you lean towards them, it is technically your camp; it is your safe-zone or default setting. That was the point.
Quote:

well lets see im 37 now and ive spent maybe a total of 20 minutes listening to rush limbagh, wich was generally when he's interveiewd on the news i happen to be listening too. don't care for him. he's not a right wing leader, he is a talk show host.
I call "QuicklilCav" Limbaugh's Right Nut. Not that you listen to the druggie, and from your history on what you say, you seem to not listen to him. There within itself is a smart move.
Quote:

and i dont think i have every called anyone out on spelling. i know a few times in the past i have made remarks about how when someone makes an issues about grammer and spelling then they have ran out of things to fight about, didnt you bring up my spelling in our other post?
Yes I did on the spelling BS, as to show you I could have taken the petty route too, but I didn't, nor do I care on those petty issues. It was just an example.
Quote:

as for us martyrs ain't got @!#$ remark. umm i posted my remarks near the beginning of the page. i didn't post what i said about the way you respond to attack you or because i didnt have anything to get you, or own you, with i just posted it because its why these things get turned into fights. and for the record, that wasn't even 100% for you, it was for you, for bill (who had been allot better lately then he was in the past) and quick who is allot of times just as guilty of it.
10-4.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:38 PM on j-body.org
quicklilcav wrote:Ahh, yes. The typical liberal outcry. When all else fails, blame it on racism.

Let's do a quick comparison on "exactly what 'they' lived through since 2001":

Bush:
lower taxes, over 5 million more jobs than when he took office, 6 years of sub-$200B budget deficits (I say 6 years, because in 2007 and 2008, it was a Democratic Congress, where the budget deficits immediately jumped over 100% )

Obama:
extreme expansion of federal government power in less than two years, constant pushing an economically destructive agenda including increase in energy prices through taxes, and attempts to allow everyone's taxes to increase during a major recession

Yep, the tea-baggers are just doing it because he's black.

this. always. thank you, shawn.
the left is too concerned with gay rights and abortion to worry about actually getting this country back to the ORIGINAL constitution and smaller government.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:12 PM on j-body.org
Does owning guns and liking some freedoms along with personal accountability make me a right wing extremist???

I dont agree with a lot of the @!#$ that the "left" does and I dont agree with everything the "right" does". However the left is full of at least as many "extremists" as the right. Its just that every time one of them does something they get labled as a right wing extremist.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:56 PM on j-body.org
The problem is the Right Wing Extremist tends to have uncivilized acts in retaliation, while the Left Wing Extremist tends to smoke weed and hug trees.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:38 PM on j-body.org
So I'd rather punch an idiot than smoke a J and become one. Man, my dad just raised me all wrong huh?

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 3:46 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:The problem is the Right Wing Extremist tends to have uncivilized acts in retaliation, while the Left Wing Extremist tends to smoke weed and hug trees.

You dont hear about the left extremists being violent because every time one of them does something violent they are accused of being a right wing extremist. A few whack jobs does not present an accurate representation of a whole group. Its easy to try and vilify a whole group based on a fews actions.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 4:58 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:The problem is the Right Wing Extremist tends to have uncivilized acts in retaliation, while the Left Wing Extremist tends to smoke weed and hug trees.

lol though you do find some tree huggers that set hummer dealerships on fire for hurting the envirement. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:51 AM on j-body.org

You mean like the left wingers that set fire to the democratic party headquarters in Denver and tried to make it look like conservatives did it? Or when they rioted and destroyed blocks of city streets during the Republican National Convention in 2008?

Sunday, December 05, 2010 11:25 AM on j-body.org
I think he's referring to the general trends, not the exceptions.

You do know how that works, yes?

Sunday, December 05, 2010 3:40 PM on j-body.org
Fact is, the hippies and the left have cornered the market on protests for nearly 50 years...now the conservatives are doing it, and more organized, and in greater numbers. That scares them.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 3:55 PM on j-body.org
Protests are one thing...gun-toting, anarchy-espousing, race-baiting, religiously-driven violent "militias" quite another. Would you not agree?

Monday, December 06, 2010 7:10 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

gun-toting, anarchy-espousing, race-baiting, religiously-driven violent "militias" quite another. Would you not agree?

Oh, yes....these groups, as described, are all the rage nowadays......even Johnny Depp is doing it.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, December 06, 2010 10:51 AM on j-body.org
Ridge wrote:

You mean like the left wingers that set fire to the democratic party headquarters in Denver and tried to make it look like conservatives did it? Or when they rioted and destroyed blocks of city streets during the Republican National Convention in 2008?

Please show the news report of this, I would like to get further informed on this and don't use slanted sources either.
Tell me how Woodstock of 1969 was uncivilized again?
Lastly, here is one from your team, just on this thread alone... need I say more:
buz-buz wrote:So I'd rather punch an idiot than smoke a J and become one. Man, my dad just raised me all wrong huh?

Ridge wrote:Fact is, the hippies and the left have cornered the market on protests for nearly 50 years...now the conservatives are doing it, and more organized, and in greater numbers. That scares them.

This is what you see now-a-days:

<<Great promotion @ 6:00

Monday, December 06, 2010 8:52 PM on j-body.org
you really want to bring up videos, dude? Andrew Breitbart will eat your lunch, take your mom on a date, and not call her back.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Ridge wrote:

Please show the news report of this, I would like to get further informed on this and don't use slanted sources either.
Tell me how Woodstock of 1969 was uncivilized again?
Lastly, here is one from your team, just on this thread alone... need I say more:
buz-buz wrote:So I'd rather punch an idiot than smoke a J and become one. Man, my dad just raised me all wrong huh?

Ridge wrote:Fact is, the hippies and the left have cornered the market on protests for nearly 50 years...now the conservatives are doing it, and more organized, and in greater numbers. That scares them.

This is what you see now-a-days:

the videos i didnt see as being that bad. last one with the guy stepping on her was a bit over the top. but if you watch the thing, people are yelling for the police, and it looks as if they are just pinning the women to the ground to subdue her. sounds more like they thougt something was up with her and they were holding her for the police.

first video with the parkinson guy wasn't really even that bad. same type of bickering back and forth you see at any protest for any type of thing really.

i kinda expected to see worse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:59 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
the videos i didnt see as being that bad. last one with the guy stepping on her was a bit over the top. but if you watch the thing, people are yelling for the police, and it looks as if they are just pinning the women to the ground to subdue her. sounds more like they thougt something was up with her and they were holding her for the police.
first video with the parkinson guy wasn't really even that bad. same type of bickering back and forth you see at any protest for any type of thing really.

lol Leave it up to you to down play and scoff the taunting/scorning of a professor with Parkinson's disease, a psycho who would pop lead if she doesn't get what she wants, and getting kicked on the head for an opposing view. Whether you just want to go against the grain of civility, or me is one thing, but be as it as it may... expecting to see worse makes your recent centrist view from the other thread look like blatant lie. If that's how you work, so be it, but these type attitude and actions are no better then what you'll find in third world nations, and pathetic when it comes leading by example for the rest of the world. Further proof we can be no different then the countries we "dislike." Go figure.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 10:29 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

lol Leave it up to you to down play and scoff the taunting/scorning of a professor with Parkinson's disease, a psycho who would pop lead if she doesn't get what she wants, and getting kicked on the head for an opposing view. Whether you just want to go against the grain of civility, or me is one thing, but be as it as it may... expecting to see worse makes your recent centrist view from the other thread look like blatant lie. If that's how you work, so be it, but these type attitude and actions are no better then what you'll find in third world nations, and pathetic when it comes leading by example for the rest of the world. Further proof we can be no different then the countries we "dislike." Go figure.

no, its just the fact that i had expect to see allot worse. when the guy stepped on the womens head you can hear the other person say stop that, and the guy removed his foot. was it right? no. but that was one individual that went over the line. that isn't something to base an entire group of people on 1 person over reaction. and do you know that that guy specifically put his foot on her head because she had an opposing view? listen to the tape. one guy is just holding her on the ground and several other people are arguing for the police. that doesnt sound like it was just two people sharing a debate. something happened before that video to make people feel like she was an iminant threat.

as for the guy with parkinsons. should he be treated diffrently then anyone else? either people are equal or there not. i didnt watch the second video so thats my fault on that one. but allot of that stuff is just talk. look at the org. look how many people get in arguments that turn into "well come over here and i'll beat your ass" remarks. when you know all well and good its not going to happen. stuff like that happens all the time. i dont believe the org is crazy mad people always wanting to physically fight everyone. its just a few people that tend to get out of hand and 9x out of 10 just talk out there ass. just like watching the news. they never show the normal people. they just go and find the few crazy people and shine the spotlight on them. i never said what was on the videos was right. but at the same time im not going to base my opinion on an entire group based on a few people.

i mean i bet if we took a poll of the parties involved in most of the g8 summit protests that you'd find the majority of u.s. citizins partaking in those to be democrats. they do quite a bit of damage when there in town protesting. is it right? not at all. but that doesnt mean i'm going to base my beliefs of democrats or liberals to all be that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:35 AM

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:46 PM on j-body.org
Ridge wrote:

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13203950

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/rnc-protests.html

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:37 PM on j-body.org
Ridge wrote:
Ridge wrote:

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13203950

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/rnc-protests.html

The Denver one was of more failed framing then retaliation/protest. The way they conducted the destruction, they knew how that other camp worked. lol
The LA Times was messed up, interesting part towards the end of the report. That would get people riled up any side one reside though.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:58 PM on j-body.org
I have biggovernment.com bookmarked on my smartphone.

I have, at the moment, about three months worth of basic foodstuffs, in my spare bedroom closet. Water is a problem though, as I only have about about a 90 day supply.

I have a .38 special revolver, and with my recent delivery, I have about 700 rounds of ammo in that caliber.

I purchased a Keltec Su16-C .223 rifle. Very compact and lightweight..working on my ammo dump for that one...only 500 rounds so far.

I pay my taxes, and drive the speed limit. I work a respectable sales job and mind my own business. My neighbors like me. If the government were to want to come get me, they'd get me pure and simple. However, if Darquan tries creeping in my window, or if BubbaGump attempts to enter my domicile inivited, I will get them.

Oh, and the answer to #4, is Caraway Seeds.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:39 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:I have biggovernment.com bookmarked on my smartphone.

I have, at the moment, about three months worth of basic foodstuffs, in my spare bedroom closet. Water is a problem though, as I only have about about a 90 day supply.

I have a .38 special revolver, and with my recent delivery, I have about 700 rounds of ammo in that caliber.

I purchased a Keltec Su16-C .223 rifle. Very compact and lightweight..working on my ammo dump for that one...only 500 rounds so far.

I pay my taxes, and drive the speed limit. I work a respectable sales job and mind my own business. My neighbors like me. If the government were to want to come get me, they'd get me pure and simple. However, if Darquan tries creeping in my window, or if BubbaGump attempts to enter my domicile inivited, I will get them.

Oh, and the answer to #4, is Caraway Seeds.

You can give Jeff Foxworthy a year worth of material.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:42 PM on j-body.org
possibly, but Dennis Miller could sum you up in about 12 seconds.

Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:18 AM on j-body.org
The problem with the labeling of groups as "militias" is that it has taken too broad of an approach. Sure, there are some groups who actively plan for engaging who they consider as "hostile" to the freedoms granted by the US constitutions (these groups have existed long before now), but others that have recently been grouped in with the term militia are merely people who prepare for events such as the collapse of government or the economy. These people just stock up on food/equipment to take care of themselves including firearms and ammunition to defend what they have against people who would try to take it from them in times of chaos. They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens.

I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia.

What is going to happen if the US keeps printing money with no backing whatsoever? This is what has happened in other cultures that led to high rates of inflation. Money becomes less and less valuable and in some countries such as Argentina became essentially worthless. What does it matter if you make $100K/year if it won't buy the basic necessities to survive? Mortgage rates have recently risen close to 20% and savings rates have not increased accordingly. Is this a sign of a housing recovery or a sign that the value of the dollar is decreasing?
Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens

That's pretty much about it. Its not like being prepared for emergencies means installing motion sensor turret guns behind the bushes and creating a pirhana filled moat around Petoria. I have a 4 month emergency fund of cash too....enough to pay my bills for 4 straight months, should I lose my job. I know its not much, but I save about10% of my take home pay, and stash it, just in case. It sure would suck, if someday, there was another stockmarket crash, the banks were shut down, and you couldn't get at your money. T'would be nice to have a stash wouldn't it? That being said, when your neighbors start noticing, that you are still able to purchase food, supplies, etc, and they have nothing, it could drive them to desparation and you could find yourself having to protect your family and goods. This isn't paranoid militia mentality....its just being prepared for bad things, and hoping it never gets bad.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:17 AM on j-body.org
Kevin Trudeau wrote:possibly, but Dennis Miller could sum you up in about 12 seconds.
When Miller ever becomes funny or at least factual he may have a chance, that being said, it ain't gonna happen.

Labotomi wrote:The problem with the labeling of groups as "militias" is that it has taken too broad of an approach. Sure, there are some groups who actively plan for engaging who they consider as "hostile" to the freedoms granted by the US constitutions (these groups have existed long before now), but others that have recently been grouped in with the term militia are merely people who prepare for events such as the collapse of government or the economy. These people just stock up on food/equipment to take care of themselves including firearms and ammunition to defend what they have against people who would try to take it from them in times of chaos. They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens.

If you have a doubt on what's the definition of a "militia," then check here and focus on number 4. Click. What I find intriguing is the timing of these groups as to when they rise... when ever a democrat gets in office. If you think I’m blowing smoke up your ass look up some of the FBI reports on this and domestic terrorism.

Quote:

I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia.
The questions here lies, do you feel your "freedoms" has been more revoked today then what was in the past? And have you stocked pile more today then what you had 2+ years ago? If you answered yes to any, why the recent change? I mean was the area and time that you lived that rosy back then versus so Apocalyptic today?

Quote:

What is going to happen if the US keeps printing money with no backing whatsoever? This is what has happened in other cultures that led to high rates of inflation. Money becomes less and less valuable and in some countries such as Argentina became essentially worthless. What does it matter if you make $100K/year if it won't buy the basic necessities to survive? Mortgage rates have recently risen close to 20% and savings rates have not increased accordingly. Is this a sign of a housing recovery or a sign that the value of the dollar is decreasing?
Sorry to inform you but government has been printing money for ages, not just a couple of years. Remember, our debt/deficit has been escalating since Nixon, exponentially for the passed 30 years (80s, early 90s & 21st century) during times where income was not in line to the spending. What happened to Argentina has absolute no similarities to what has happened here. Infact their huge collapse was of the result of government run sectors that were sold off to private entities around the world, mainly Brazil, Italy and Spain, then in turn those jobs were then sent there. Airplane manufactures, mail system, infrastructure companies, and even certain areas had private police officers. It didn't help that the Peso was equivalent to the Dollar at the time all of this was happening in the long run.
The inflation we have going is the result of sellers raising the price of a product while salaries does not go along with the price, that artificial gap or inflation is the result of disparity between price and wage. A quick recent example that we all dealt with recently were gas prices and the housing market. From one year you can buy gas for $1-1.25 per gallon while the next year it was $4.25 per gallon. A house that was valued $135K in two years was $760K. And during those times, has your paycheck risen simultaneously to what those sellers were asking? There's the problem, greedy antics brought this... long term view...nill. To the lucky few, they made their money, the rest screw them. But in the end these Right Wing Militias were being complacent during this, so much so that the FBI had nothing to worry about. See the hypocrisy? Or is there's another agenda behind them? And then we have the audacity to criticize the Mid-East and their radicals, yet some here are the same $hit.

Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens

That's pretty much about it. Its not like being prepared for emergencies means installing motion sensor turret guns behind the bushes and creating a pirhana filled moat around Petoria. I have a 4 month emergency fund of cash too....enough to pay my bills for 4 straight months, should I lose my job. I know its not much, but I save about10% of my take home pay, and stash it, just in case. It sure would suck, if someday, there was another stockmarket crash, the banks were shut down, and you couldn't get at your money. T'would be nice to have a stash wouldn't it? That being said, when your neighbors start noticing, that you are still able to purchase food, supplies, etc, and they have nothing, it could drive them to desparation and you could find yourself having to protect your family and goods. This isn't paranoid militia mentality....its just being prepared for bad things, and hoping it never gets bad.

If that day ever comes, your stash of money will become as useless and worthless as cancer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search