8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Friday, December 31, 2010 6:23 PM on j-body.org
http://www.alternet.org/story/149369/8_smears_and_misconceptions_about_wikileaks_spread_by_the_media/



Quote:

1. Fearmongering that WikiLeaks revelations will result in deaths. So far there's no evidence that WikiLeaks' revelations have cost lives. In fact, right before the cables were released, Pentagon officials admitted there were no documented instances of people being killed because of information exposed by WikiLeaks' previous document releases (and unlike the diplomatic cables, the Afghanistan files were unredacted).

That's not to say that the exposure of secret government files can't somehow lead to someone, somewhere, someday, being hurt. But that's a pretty high bar to set, especially by a government engaged in multiple military operations -- many of them secret -- that lead to untold civilian casualties.



Quote:

2. Spreading the lie that WikiLeaks posted all the cables. WikiLeaks has posted fewer than 2,000 of the 251,287 cables in its possession. The whistleblower released those documents in tandem with major news outlets including the Guardian, El Pais and Le Monde, and used most of the redactions employed by those papers to protect the identities of people whose lives could be endangered by exposure. The AP detailed this process in a December 3 article, but this did not stop officials and pundits from howling that WikiLeaks "indiscriminately" dumped all the cables online. Much of the media mindlessly repeated the claim.



Check the link for more and enjoy ..


"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "

Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Saturday, January 01, 2011 5:01 PM on j-body.org
actually CIA said that wikileaks briefly listed the name of a CIA informant in afghanistan. he was possibly killed shortly afterwards; though this has gone hush hush--according to wikileaks, who then removed the article.





Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:16 AM on j-body.org
Those responsible for Wikileaks will be tried and convicted for crimes against state(s).

That is all.





Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 8:27 AM on j-body.org
I like Wikileaks.

But they are gonna get @!#$ for this.



Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:25 AM on j-body.org
see, i had always grown up to think that we elected officials in goverment to make important decisions for us. now it seems americans think that they should get to see every single piece or document or letter themselves to make that determination.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:55 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Those responsible for Wikileaks will be tried and convicted for crimes against state(s).

That is all.



Julian assange didn't commit any crimes ( yes i heard about the alleged rape )and leaking these documents isn't a crime either .



Quote:

I like Wikileaks.

But they are gonna get @!#$ for this.


I like them too but leaking these documents isn't a crime .


Quote:

see, i had always grown up to think that we elected officials in goverment to make important decisions for us. now it seems americans think that they should get to see every single piece or document or letter themselves to make that determination.



I use to think like that too until i pulled my head outta the sand and realize these so called leaders are just puppets and wouldn't you wanna know if the guy you were voting for was a fraud instead of voting for him and realize that they all lie to get into office in the first place .





"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:36 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

Quote:

Those responsible for Wikileaks will be tried and convicted for crimes against state(s).

That is all.



Julian assange didn't commit any crimes ( yes i heard about the alleged rape )and leaking these documents isn't a crime either .



Quote:

I like Wikileaks.

But they are gonna get @!#$ for this.


I like them too but leaking these documents isn't a crime .


Quote:

see, i had always grown up to think that we elected officials in goverment to make important decisions for us. now it seems americans think that they should get to see every single piece or document or letter themselves to make that determination.



I use to think like that too until i pulled my head outta the sand and realize these so called leaders are just puppets and wouldn't you wanna know if the guy you were voting for was a fraud instead of voting for him and realize that they all lie to get into office in the first place .





puppets to who? if they are a puppet just vote them out. problem is you feel anyone who is in office is a fraud and liar and crook versus those of us who believe certain people are. there is a diffrence.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:57 PM on j-body.org
I seem to agree with ron paul and jesse ventura those are the only two people i would vote for and if george carlin was still alive i would vote for him too . barack obama is a puppet to the bankers , corporations , lobbyists , etc , .


"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Monday, January 03, 2011 8:29 PM on j-body.org
Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.



Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Monday, January 03, 2011 10:31 PM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.




Yes really and how can you dislike them so much yet stand behind them ( i don't like your government but i don't stand behind them either ) and government should release all secret info to the public whether it be about aliens or potential terrorist attacks/false flag attacks , etc , etc .


"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:51 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.




Yes really and how can you dislike them so much yet stand behind them ( i don't like your government but i don't stand behind them either ) and government should release all secret info to the public whether it be about aliens or potential terrorist attacks/false flag attacks , etc , etc .





the goverment was never formed to give out all information to the general public. thats just stupid imo. we hired them to take the info they have and make decisions for us. that is why they are there. do you know why we do that. because it makes allot more sence then to have the public vote for every thing that comes about. do that and the country would destroy it self. secret info is secret for a reason. are you the type of person that wants to tell everyone who are undercover agents are and where they live? giving out info like that can get allot of people killed just because you feel you should know everything that goes on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:12 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.




Yes really and how can you dislike them so much yet stand behind them ( i don't like your government but i don't stand behind them either ) and government should release all secret info to the public whether it be about aliens or potential terrorist attacks/false flag attacks , etc , etc .


You can stand behind their legal right to do it but not support their reasons for it.



Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:18 AM on j-body.org
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

John H wrote:

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.




Yes really and how can you dislike them so much yet stand behind them ( i don't like your government but i don't stand behind them either ) and government should release all secret info to the public whether it be about aliens or potential terrorist attacks/false flag attacks , etc , etc .


You can stand behind their legal right to do it but not support their reasons for it.

Interesting. I concur. While I personally do have some reservations as to the actual legality of some of their moves, I understand what you are saying perfectly.





Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:15 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Jesse Ventura? Really?

As much as I dislike Wikileaks I stand behind them. Mainly because the govt should do a better job keeping their SECRET things secret. Its like beating your kid for finding your porn stash. But also because its the internet and I support free and open use of the internet.




Yes really and how can you dislike them so much yet stand behind them ( i don't like your government but i don't stand behind them either ) and government should release all secret info to the public whether it be about aliens or potential terrorist attacks/false flag attacks , etc , etc .


Did you know Jesse Ventura is an alien? That's why he does that show on conspiracies, to keep the heat off of himself.




I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:32 PM on j-body.org
^^^ I thought he was a reptilian . I'm kidding of course .





Quote:

the goverment was never formed to give out all information to the general public. thats just stupid imo. we hired them to take the info they have and make decisions for us. that is why they are there. do you know why we do that. because it makes allot more sence then to have the public vote for every thing that comes about. do that and the country would destroy it self. secret info is secret for a reason. are you the type of person that wants to tell everyone who are undercover agents are and where they live? giving out info like that can get allot of people killed just because you feel you should know everything that goes on.





They should release info as long as it benefits the public but unless it's something extremely top secret then keep it under wraps .




"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:38 PM on j-body.org
Ok, and who should determine the distinction between the two? In my mind... definitely not some @!#$ Australian trying to make a name for himself as he dumps thousands of secret documents that, while he did not steal himself, were obviously taken / obtained by illegal means.




I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:01 PM on j-body.org
Mike wrote:

I like Wikileaks.

But they are gonna get @!#$ for this.




---


Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:26 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

^^^ I thought he was a reptilian . I'm kidding of course .





Quote:

the goverment was never formed to give out all information to the general public. thats just stupid imo. we hired them to take the info they have and make decisions for us. that is why they are there. do you know why we do that. because it makes allot more sence then to have the public vote for every thing that comes about. do that and the country would destroy it self. secret info is secret for a reason. are you the type of person that wants to tell everyone who are undercover agents are and where they live? giving out info like that can get allot of people killed just because you feel you should know everything that goes on.





They should release info as long as it benefits the public but unless it's something extremely top secret then keep it under wraps .




so who decides wht the public should benifit from? does showing letters between some of our goverment officials giving a rundown of another country president saying things like he's hard headed or hard to work with telling them the best way to work with him or letting them know he's stubborn, is that good for the public? you may think thats good for the public. but if that countrys president see's what's said it could set back negotiations with that country 20 years. someone doesnt have to die for the information to do damage to our country.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 3:18 PM on j-body.org
^^^ They say telling the truth is a revolutionary act and that's the only way we can move forward as a species .


"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 5:01 PM on j-body.org
A healthy amount of skepticism is ok but you need to accept the fact that people keep things secret for a reason. Im sure you have some secrets yourself and it would be terribly hypocritical of yourself to expect everyone to tell you everything but keep your own secrets in turn.



Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:59 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

^^^ They say telling the truth is a revolutionary act and that's the only way we can move forward as a species .




who are they?


would you tell your mom shes a fat ass?


if some country was holding civilians captive would you announce on the news the army is sending in 100 troops coming down west street at 6pm to try and rescue the hostages?


if your talking to a president of a country and trying to convice them to stop making nuclear bombs would you tell him to his face he's being hard headed and acting like a child?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Thursday, January 06, 2011 2:54 PM on j-body.org
^^ George Orwell




"In G.O.D. we trust." GOD = Gold, Oil, and Drugs.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Friday, January 07, 2011 4:53 AM on j-body.org
well in one sentence you say "they" meaning the goverment and in the next post you use "they "talking about someone completely diffrent. hard to keep track of "they" in your posts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Friday, January 07, 2011 8:09 AM on j-body.org







Re: 8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media
Friday, January 07, 2011 9:42 AM on j-body.org
^HA!



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search