China - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:43 PM on j-body.org
Also, don't use or buy cell phones, don't watch tv, cut the cable, sell your car, cook outside using rocks and sticks, boil your water if you want hot water, build a cheap home to heat and cool, don't have AC or heating, they're built out of the US, yeah, get radical like that, would that fix the problem? No because each item at some point creates a job in America.

but sometimes when you call the 1-800 number for costumer service, you get someone with a really thick accent and you can't understand what they're saying.
Like when I called charter, because my cable was out of services, I get someone with a really strong accent; probably because they're not from the US

Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:06 PM on j-body.org
and also even the toilet paper is made in china


well. at least my trash can is made in the U.S.A !!! but how long would that last?
Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:27 PM on j-body.org
and also, the bail out money came from China



Your text to link here...
Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:20 PM on j-body.org
^That being said, much how our industrial revolution brought the US to the #1 spot in everything in this world, because work is rampant all over as money flowed, now the torch is handed to the west. Now they reap in the goods. They're preparing for the future with education and learning new languages to deal with the rest of the nations for business. Not like here, where the only thing we say are: "higher education is for hippies & liberals" and "we only speak English in this country!" While the rest of the world speaks at least two languages, or to the very least understands two. Europe forget it, don't be surprised to find people speaking 4+ languages, the same goes with S-America 3+languages.
Between being a freaking cheap ass (as companies looking for cheap labor) and being a lazy fu(k (one not bettering themselves for the future) we're on track to running this country to ground. Those vids I showed is what we're up against. Look at the education vid, for god sakes see how pathetic we are.

spoiler wrote:

to fix this problem, we need to find out why they dont' want to make anything here in the US
I think the reason why big corporations move to a different country is because those countries have low living standards and lower taxes
in order to fix this problems, then we need to start lowering our standards

If taxes were up the ass, then we would not have foreign corporations building here. In capitalism there is a item called Profit Maximization or maximize profits and that's the main objective that corporations try to achieve in terms of profits; how they achieve it is questionable part. Some companies maximize their profits by investment and update their products, so in return... sales accumulate profits rise and trickle down in a cycle effect, while others go with no investment, with dated products, to then have tepid sales. So in order to stay afloat, they look at the lower end to cut costs, here is where jobs sent overseas takes effect.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:06 PM on j-body.org
I have a feeling that lower Taxes is never going to happen.

look at this 2010 tax bracket


or this one
Your text to link here...


What if...Government change the standard deduction to 10% to any number of income ranged, even married or single or filing jointly?

would that change the situation to a better positive economical growth in the United States or make it worth?

and I also question those telling me that I should speak English Only, I'm talking about the media, so that I would be more dumb?


don't' learn or try to speak a second language because we want you to be dumb and stupid. so if you speak Chinese then you need to go back to China?
well that's where all the jobs are going anyway, so might as well go back to china.



Now, I'm not saying everyone who can only speak English is dumb and stupid, all I'm saying is that other countries could not survive or compete economically with just one single language, they have to learn other language in order to make business and invest in other countries
Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:10 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

they have to learn other language in order to make business and invest in other countries


they need to learn to speak english because we're the one's buying all their products. the kids in congo aren't the ones buying little buzz lightyears.



Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:15 PM on j-body.org
and also, here in America you see a group of people in one department, some work harder than others.

those who work hard, that's what's expected
those who do not work as hard, that's what's expected

if those who work harder, and start slacking, that's not expected and they're sent to the office for questions


does China have that problem?

As far as I know, they don't have that problem, infact, they work harder at a lower price.

so that right there needs to be added to the problem.
Re: China
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:20 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

and also, here in America you see a group of people in one department, some work harder than others.

those who work hard, that's what's expected
those who do not work as hard, that's what's expected

if those who work harder, and start slacking, that's not expected and they're sent to the office for questions


does China have that problem?

As far as I know, they don't have that problem, infact, they work harder at a lower price.

so that right there needs to be added to the problem.




I do not believe that's 100% accurate but they are way more strict than here in the US
Re: China
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 1:17 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

^That being said, much how our industrial revolution brought the US to the #1 spot in everything in this world, because work is rampant all over as money flowed, now the torch is handed to the west. Now they reap in the goods. They're preparing for the future with education and learning new languages to deal with the rest of the nations for business. Not like here, where the only thing we say are: "higher education is for hippies & liberals" and "we only speak English in this country!" While the rest of the world speaks at least two languages, or to the very least understands two. Europe forget it, don't be surprised to find people speaking 4+ languages, the same goes with S-America 3+languages.
Between being a freaking cheap ass (as companies looking for cheap labor) and being a lazy fu(k (one not bettering themselves for the future) we're on track to running this country to ground. Those vids I showed is what we're up against. Look at the education vid, for god sakes see how pathetic we are.

spoiler wrote:

to fix this problem, we need to find out why they dont' want to make anything here in the US
I think the reason why big corporations move to a different country is because those countries have low living standards and lower taxes
in order to fix this problems, then we need to start lowering our standards

If taxes were up the ass, then we would not have foreign corporations building here. In capitalism there is a item called Profit Maximization or maximize profits and that's the main objective that corporations try to achieve in terms of profits; how they achieve it is questionable part. Some companies maximize their profits by investment and update their products, so in return... sales accumulate profits rise and trickle down in a cycle effect, while others go with no investment, with dated products, to then have tepid sales. So in order to stay afloat, they look at the lower end to cut costs, here is where jobs sent overseas takes effect.




i think allot of the reason as well besides a decent tax rate is just good pr. you have 20 factories in china making goods, you open 1 factory in louisville, Kentucky and then you make commercials and get the word out that your supplying jobs to americans making your product for the good american people. and then people start going. well i support company x because they are employing americans. its great pr to make people not think about where your from. and think more on the fact that your keeping americans working.




smoosh you can buy american products, you just have to search for them and be willing to work to find them. truth is 99.9999% of people arn't willing to do the work, they'd rather just go to walmart, buy something made from china, and then bitch about it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: China
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:48 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

truth is 99.9999% of people arn't willing to do the work, they'd rather just go to walmart, buy something made from china, and then bitch about it.



it is difficult to buy stuff not made in china


Example, Cell phone companies.
Check out this phone, from Verizon

and this one

and this one


All those phones are not made in the US, you can buy it at Verizone

but they're not made here in the US

Verizone is owned by different shareholders but their phones are not made here in the US

and also Walmart is not the only retail store that sales stuff made in china

like disney land? Orlando, FL


Everything in Disney land is made in China








can you say, I'm not taking my kid to Disney Land because everything they sell is made in China.
you look on the back of the item and it says, "MADE IN CHINA"
their fireworks

ohh so pretty, made in China

same with universal studios

Suveniers made in china




Mcdonals and burger king Happy meals have the kids toy made in china








What else
the clothes I buy at Khols are not made here in the US

bought a shirt sonoma brand, its made in some other country dont' know where it is
same goes for old navy

American eagle

Abercrombie and fitch clothes are also not made here in the US



everything they sell at the mall is made in china
almost everything



and also, credit card machines are made in China



so lets stop thinking that by "NOT" going to " WAL MART" or wallyworld....
and going shopping somewhere else...
even if its more expensive....
you're off the hook?

10 X FAIL

and what if you're on a fixed income,
you have no choise but to go to walmart or go to kohls because sometimes they have really good sales and even if you go to abercrombie and fitch, you're still not supporting made in the USA products

Straight talk cell phones, talk all you want for 45.00 dollars nation wide

they're also made in China
Re: China
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:02 PM on j-body.org
Products and Services We Source


Apparel accessories
Automotive Parts & Supplies
Batteries
Bearings
Bicycles and accessories
Blue Jeans
Cable
Castings
Cell Phone Accessories
Clothing
Computer accessories and parts
Construction Equipment
Electronic Equipment
Fasteners
Fitness Equipment
Granite Countertops
Granite Products
Golf Products
Handbags
Hardware
Kitchen accessories
Machine Shop Tools: precision tools, gages & cutting tools
Machine Tools
Machined parts of all types
Machinery
Magnets
Material Handling
Musical instruments and accessories
New Product Development
Office Supplies & Equipment
Pens
Pet Products
Plastic Products of all kinds
Pneumatic Tools
Pipe and pipe fittings
Precision measuring tools
Prototype Manufacturing
Power cords
Souvenir Items
Sports & Fitness Equipment
T Shirts
Telephone Equipment
Tools
Transportation Industry
Watches
Wood Products

Here's my next book I want to read
A year without "Made in China"



here's one review from Amazon.com

"So do you know where the vast majority of the stuff in your house and life is made? Have you ever given it much thought? Try reading A Year Without "Made in China": One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy by Sara Bongiorni for an entertaining and eye-opening look at just how much we have come to depend on China for everyday life. Besides being a laugh-out-loud read, it will cause you to start looking a bit more carefully at that "Made In" tag...

Contents: Introduction; Farewell, My Concubine; Red Shoes; Rise and China; Manufacturing Dissent; A Modest Proposal; Mothers of Invention; Summer of Discontent; Red Tide; China Dreams; Meltdown; The China Season; Road's End; Epilogue; About the Author; Index

Sara Bongiorni, the author, decided on January 1, 2005, that her and her family would spend a year without buying anything made in China. This wasn't a radical "WE MUST BUY AMERICAN!" reaction, rather an experiment to see if it was possible to live without feeding the growing economic tiger across the Pacific. Factor in the elements of a husband and two young children, and it becomes a task far beyond what she had imagined. With her journalistic background, she set off on an adventure that taxed her will, her patience, and her sanity. And you, the reader, get to come along for the ride and the laughs.

The rules were simple. Nothing could be purchased that had a "Made In China" sticker on it. Gifts received by others could be made in China, but there would be no family purchases that fell in that category. What she and her husband quickly found is that there are vast consumer areas that are nearly all Chinese-dominated. Toys? Nearly all made in China. Lamps? Made in China. Shoes for the kids? China. Electronics? Yup, China. It was possible to find exceptions to these rules, but it usually meant hours (or days) of searching, in addition to spending far more money than they were used to. Birthday candles for cakes? China. Holiday decorations? China. That one special toy that your child just HAS to have at Christmas because Santa will come through? Count on it being made in China. The interplay of emotions and dialogue between her and everyone else had me reading passages to my wife (and both of us laughing). And I could relate to her schemes to get around the boycott by mentioning to her mother-in-law what exactly so-and-so wanted for their birthday, knowing it could come in as a gift but not as a purchase. Desperation makes cowards of us all. While there were a few mistaken buys (as well as a few knowing "mistakes" by "the Weaker Link"), overall the boycott was pretty closely adhered to. Not that there weren't some times when giving in would have been easier on everyone, however...

The underlying message in all this is that we've abandoned large areas of industry and commerce to others who will manufacture it for far less money than American and European workers. While we might be able to get the $49 DVD player and the $10 red sneakers for the kids at Wal-Mart, the question is... what happens when all the decent jobs are shipped off and we can't afford even the basics? Manufacturing in China might keep prices much lower, but it also eliminates the jobs that offer wages to pay for those goods. Bongiorni does a great job of making those points without turning the book into a diatribe against global trade. The average person is much more likely to read a book like this, enjoy the story, and start to grasp the important points. A business book about the same subject with stats and theories would probably never get opened...

I read this book in about one day, as I couldn't put it down. And when I went to work today, I started flipping over a few things on my desk. China, China, China... While I'm not ready to take the same drastic actions of the author, I will be much more aware of just what I'm doing when I pick up that household item that I absolutely *need*. Maybe, just maybe, I'll flip over a few more options before I decide. "
amazon.com

Re: China
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:17 PM on j-body.org
my shoes are made in China =(

and I bought them at Khols
sketchers....
Re: China
Friday, December 31, 2010 10:49 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

I have a feeling that lower Taxes is never going to happen.

What if...Government change the standard deduction to 10% to any number of income ranged, even married or single or filing jointly?

would that change the situation to a better positive economical growth in the United States or make it worth?


We are already paying low taxes and look at how beautiful every thing has been running. Check the tax rates of the "hey days" compared to today.Click
Lowering taxes isn't going to do jack. Unless people have disposable income to spend on the "luxuries" and I don't mean gold, Cadillacs, $1000 phones and Million dollar houses, I mean things that are not necessities... subscription to newspaper, getting a hair cut every 2 weeks, eat out more often, things that are not needed to survive. So instead of being greedy and multiplying their wallet size of these great corporation leaders by deciding to sending jobs over seas; reason a little... and keep the jobs here and make everybody content, including companies. Money will now flow up and down in a cycle effect benefiting everyone. Remember a smart buisness person will not create more jobs unless there is a influx of demand, lower the tax all you want, but with no income in the population, all I can say, good luck with any economic growth.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: China
Friday, December 31, 2010 1:16 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:

spoiler wrote:

I have a feeling that lower Taxes is never going to happen.

What if...Government change the standard deduction to 10% to any number of income ranged, even married or single or filing jointly?

would that change the situation to a better positive economical growth in the United States or make it worth?


We are already paying low taxes and look at how beautiful every thing has been running. Check the tax rates of the "hey days" compared to today.Click
Lowering taxes isn't going to do jack. Unless people have disposable income to spend on the "luxuries" and I don't mean gold, Cadillacs, $1000 phones and Million dollar houses, I mean things that are not necessities... subscription to newspaper, getting a hair cut every 2 weeks, eat out more often, things that are not needed to survive. So instead of being greedy and multiplying their wallet size of these great corporation leaders by deciding to sending jobs over seas; reason a little... and keep the jobs here and make everybody content, including companies. Money will now flow up and down in a cycle effect benefiting everyone. Remember a smart buisness person will not create more jobs unless there is a influx of demand, lower the tax all you want, but with no income in the population, all I can say, good luck with any economic growth.
All very sensible, and not at all the "leftie hysteria" that those with weak premises prefer to pin on you. But, as they have little else to say, that works for them. Fortunately, many others' eyes are starting to open, and they see such propaganda for what it really is.

Our materialistic society is to blame, period. We equate happiness with stuff, and that's inherently wrong. This has been used (by those who can profit obscenely from it) to dilute and slowly destroy the very economic and social fabric of our nation.

We don't NEED so much stuff. Just because you CAN (or THINK you can) afford to own something does not mean you should just run out and buy it. If you need something to achieve a certain temporary need, then rent it. Borrow it. Or simply do WITHOUT it and occupy yourself with something else you already own, or have access to.

If, as a nation, we cannot alter this simple relationship of person to stuff, we are doomed.






Re: China
Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:32 AM on j-body.org
spoiler. what i just read there was it is difficult to buy american made. not that it was impossible. so if one family could do it. could you imagine the impact if everyone did it. a week from now you would have business sprouting up on every corner making american made items. if every american family going to mcdonals refused the toy saying they dont want it because it wasnt made in the usa you can bet your ass mcdonalds would find or make the toys themselves in america and they would promote the crap out of it. if people stopped buying any foreign made item in wallmart you bet your ass wallmart would be swapping out and finding american made brands. but the fact is americans are too lazy to care. that is the problem. you used to be able to buy american made goods all over the place. but people just wanted the cheaper brand. its not the stores that have made us the way we are. its us. and it will take us to fix the problems. not the stores.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: China
Sunday, January 02, 2011 6:41 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

spoiler. what i just read there was it is difficult to buy american made. not that it was impossible. so if one family could do it. could you imagine the impact if everyone did it. a week from now you would have business sprouting up on every corner making american made items. if every american family going to mcdonals refused the toy saying they dont want it because it wasnt made in the usa you can bet your ass mcdonalds would find or make the toys themselves in america and they would promote the crap out of it. if people stopped buying any foreign made item in wallmart you bet your ass wallmart would be swapping out and finding american made brands. but the fact is americans are too lazy to care. that is the problem. you used to be able to buy american made goods all over the place. but people just wanted the cheaper brand. its not the stores that have made us the way we are. its us. and it will take us to fix the problems. not the stores.



Bingo!

I have an Ideal. Lets pick one day of the month, and on that specific day of the month, you do not buy anything made in China or any other country.
On that day, you only buy MADE IN USA products.

so lets pick one day of the month. I would say the 15th of Every month. we only buy MADE IN USA products
Today I found alumminum foil paper made in the USA and I also found out my Shaving Creme was made in the USA

so this 15th, we do not buy anything made from CHINA or any other country.
and we will do the same from next month, and the month after next, and the next one for the rest of our lives

Good Idea, Bad Idea, and who is in?


I'm in!!!
Re: China
Sunday, January 02, 2011 6:43 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

spoiler. what i just read there was it is difficult to buy american made. not that it was impossible. so if one family could do it. could you imagine the impact if everyone did it. a week from now you would have business sprouting up on every corner making american made items. if every american family going to mcdonals refused the toy saying they dont want it because it wasnt made in the usa you can bet your ass mcdonalds would find or make the toys themselves in america and they would promote the crap out of it. if people stopped buying any foreign made item in wallmart you bet your ass wallmart would be swapping out and finding american made brands. but the fact is americans are too lazy to care. that is the problem. you used to be able to buy american made goods all over the place. but people just wanted the cheaper brand. its not the stores that have made us the way we are. its us. and it will take us to fix the problems. not the stores.



Bingo!

I have an Ideal. Lets pick one day of the month, and on that specific day of the month, you do not buy anything made in China or any other country.
On that day, you only buy MADE IN USA products.

so lets pick one day of the month. I would say the 15th of Every month. we only buy MADE IN USA products
Today I found alumminum foil paper made in the USA and I also found out my Shaving Creme was made in the USA

so this 15th, we do not buy anything made from CHINA or any other country.
and we will do the same from next month, and the month after next, and the next one for the rest of our lives

Good Idea, Bad Idea, and who is in?


I'm in!!!



and the point of that would be to bring our jobs back!!
Re: China
Monday, January 03, 2011 4:56 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

spoiler wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

spoiler. what i just read there was it is difficult to buy american made. not that it was impossible. so if one family could do it. could you imagine the impact if everyone did it. a week from now you would have business sprouting up on every corner making american made items. if every american family going to mcdonals refused the toy saying they dont want it because it wasnt made in the usa you can bet your ass mcdonalds would find or make the toys themselves in america and they would promote the crap out of it. if people stopped buying any foreign made item in wallmart you bet your ass wallmart would be swapping out and finding american made brands. but the fact is americans are too lazy to care. that is the problem. you used to be able to buy american made goods all over the place. but people just wanted the cheaper brand. its not the stores that have made us the way we are. its us. and it will take us to fix the problems. not the stores.



Bingo!

I have an Ideal. Lets pick one day of the month, and on that specific day of the month, you do not buy anything made in China or any other country.
On that day, you only buy MADE IN USA products.

so lets pick one day of the month. I would say the 15th of Every month. we only buy MADE IN USA products
Today I found alumminum foil paper made in the USA and I also found out my Shaving Creme was made in the USA

so this 15th, we do not buy anything made from CHINA or any other country.
and we will do the same from next month, and the month after next, and the next one for the rest of our lives

Good Idea, Bad Idea, and who is in?


I'm in!!!



and the point of that would be to bring our jobs back!!



that would be absolutly worthless here let me give you money for one day and i'll give this other country money the other 364 days. no, if its really important to you, then you do your research and start buying as much as you can from u.s. companies and then you have to get everyone else to do the same. but again. americans are too cheap and lazy to help themselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: China
Monday, January 03, 2011 1:46 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

spoiler wrote:

spoiler wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

spoiler. what i just read there was it is difficult to buy american made. not that it was impossible. so if one family could do it. could you imagine the impact if everyone did it. a week from now you would have business sprouting up on every corner making american made items. if every american family going to mcdonals refused the toy saying they dont want it because it wasnt made in the usa you can bet your ass mcdonalds would find or make the toys themselves in america and they would promote the crap out of it. if people stopped buying any foreign made item in wallmart you bet your ass wallmart would be swapping out and finding american made brands. but the fact is americans are too lazy to care. that is the problem. you used to be able to buy american made goods all over the place. but people just wanted the cheaper brand. its not the stores that have made us the way we are. its us. and it will take us to fix the problems. not the stores.



Bingo!

I have an Ideal. Lets pick one day of the month, and on that specific day of the month, you do not buy anything made in China or any other country.
On that day, you only buy MADE IN USA products.

so lets pick one day of the month. I would say the 15th of Every month. we only buy MADE IN USA products
Today I found alumminum foil paper made in the USA and I also found out my Shaving Creme was made in the USA

so this 15th, we do not buy anything made from CHINA or any other country.
and we will do the same from next month, and the month after next, and the next one for the rest of our lives

Good Idea, Bad Idea, and who is in?
I'm in!!!

and the point of that would be to bring our jobs back!!

that would be absolutly worthless here let me give you money for one day and i'll give this other country money the other 364 days. no, if its really important to you, then you do your research and start buying as much as you can from u.s. companies and then you have to get everyone else to do the same. but again. americans are too cheap and lazy to help themselves.

And add to that heads of American corporations are to cheap and greedy to pay American salaries.


THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: China
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:56 PM on j-body.org
And now this.
Article.




THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: China
Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:44 PM on j-body.org
wow, no faith guys. actually spoiler you were on to something there. that one day a month thing is a rather ingenious little idea. but like sndsgood pointed out, one day a month simply won't cut it.

i don't have the idea that's going to solve the problem, and i am a fairly lazy "typical" type american. however, i am open to the idea of change for the better good of our country and our future generations. if someone can come up with a bit better idea that isn't going to consume my life.......i'm in.

but therein lies the problem.




Re: China
Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:37 PM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:

wow, no faith guys. actually spoiler you were on to something there. that one day a month thing is a rather ingenious little idea. but like sndsgood pointed out, one day a month simply won't cut it.

i don't have the idea that's going to solve the problem, and i am a fairly lazy "typical" type american. however, i am open to the idea of change for the better good of our country and our future generations. if someone can come up with a bit better idea that isn't going to consume my life.......i'm in.

but therein lies the problem.




just start looking for made in america tags for a start. it only takes a few attempts to start finding companies in the u.s. that make something and then you just support them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: China
Friday, January 28, 2011 7:18 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

blucavvy wrote:

wow, no faith guys. actually spoiler you were on to something there. that one day a month thing is a rather ingenious little idea. but like sndsgood pointed out, one day a month simply won't cut it.

i don't have the idea that's going to solve the problem, and i am a fairly lazy "typical" type american. however, i am open to the idea of change for the better good of our country and our future generations. if someone can come up with a bit better idea that isn't going to consume my life.......i'm in.

but therein lies the problem.

just start looking for made in america tags for a start. it only takes a few attempts to start finding companies in the u.s. that make something and then you just support them.

Works for me. I go out of my way to Buy American as much as I can.





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search