Wake the _ _ _ _ up America - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wake the _ _ _ _ up America
Monday, January 09, 2012 11:42 PM on j-body.org

If you don't understand this look up the NDAA or S-1867 this has been signed by our president
while he says he will not use it to detain American citizens. He, The President of the united states,
has now enabled any future president the authority to permanently detain any US citizen for any reason
without due process, which is a direct violation of the US constitution.

His actions are arguably treasonous.

Re: Wake the _ _ _ _ up America
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:24 AM on j-body.org
They are still in "Snooze" from the initilal alarm of 2001.
We needed you OP back then too. Or was that one ok and acceptable to shrug off?

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:49 AM on j-body.org
^^^ LOL. I always get a laugh out of the fact that you invariably run back to the "they did it first" argument. Would you advise Obama to still run against Bush this time around, too? This is 2012, not 2004. Why don't you, for once in your life, try debating a policy and not a party.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:30 AM on j-body.org
yeah that is by far one of the worst pieces of legislation to pass, ever. it boggles my mind why anyone would vote for that. i mean conspiracy theories and paranoia aside, this @!#$ is scary as hell.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Anyone still believe they live in a free country ? Obama's an idiot of course he would use it .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:06 AM on j-body.org
depends on your definition of free. do i live in a free country compared to allot of other countries? yes. am i free to do anything i want without repurcutions? no.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:18 PM on j-body.org
You should be able to do whatever you want besides killing another person .

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Monday, February 27, 2012 4:55 AM on j-body.org
not quite. but in a truly libertarian society you would have the freedom to do whatever you wanted as long as it didnt infringe upon the rights of others. but we dont live in that type of a society.....so whats your point? i mean surely youre not trying to compare the freedoms of canadians to americans are you? because you guys are just as wrapped up as we are, if not more so. want proof? what are your gun laws again?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:47 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:You should be able to do whatever you want besides killing another person .

You don't want laws and with your Anarchist / paranoia of government intrusion? Suddenly a one way ticket to Somalia is looking mighty good for you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:15 PM on j-body.org
It's not paranoia you slave , and no Canada's laws and freedoms ain't any better either .

" Mark Twain "
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:50 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:and no Canada's laws and freedoms ain't any better either .

then wtf was your point again?

Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:31 AM on j-body.org
If the President intends to never use it, then we shouldn't have to as a policy at all right? There are reasons beyond most citizens understanding as to why powers like this exist...but they do take away rights given to us in the constitution and you cant do a single thing about it. Look what Obama did with the health care..majority said "f*ck off" and he passed it anyways regardless what AMERICA said because of a loophole in the system. Yet people still support him (and the majority that do dont know why, they just do and the reasons are obvious).

Its funny because neither side can really claim fair play. You wont ever really get a President who truely represents the common sense American (because there are not enough of us to make majority vote lol).
I am still baffled as to how this Joker got into Washington at all..but I think it shows the direction this Country is going. If a man like Obama can get into the Presidency of the greatest nation on the planet, we're in trouble. I just hope America wakes up some day and says "we've had enough from both parties...lets demand a real Leader!".... Dont be affraid to tell another nation to f*ck off if they're demanding something like "retreat your fleet or we'll attack" or to get involved if they're killing innocent citizens of their own country because they are human and dont want to conform.

btw, 'doing whatever you want' could never work in any society. What if my kid wants to bring a 9mm to school because people are bullying him? (hypothetical, i dont have kids lol)...what if i want to walk down the street NAKED infront of an elementary school because its my right? what If i want to take a dump in the middle of a busy mall? what if I want to drive 200mph on the freeway when others cant see me coming and pull out infront of me? what if i want to go to the movies and start yelling constantly just for fun beacuse its my freedom of speech?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, March 02, 2012 8:35 PM on j-body.org
OP's image introducing the NDAA clearly has party affiliation, Goodwrench posted in kind. There's no difference. PLUS Goodwrench has a point, this presidential power has existed since the first passing of the PATRIOT Act under Bush and was renewed under Obama in '11. The only thing this does is define the ability to negate military custody.

Really though, what both pieces of legislation does is bring to light @!#$ that has been happening for years, not just here but in other countries through CIA and counter-terrorism task forces, US and foreign. Maybe they thought the country was finally mature enough to handle this reality. Obviously they are not.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:21 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:You should be able to do whatever you want besides killing another person .
LMAO

Can't help but go to the extreme, can you.

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:41 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:It's not paranoia you slave , and no Canada's laws and freedoms ain't any better either .

You're correct it is not solely paranoia, it is paranoia driven by ignorance. You obviously think government involvment is a new 21st century thing therefore scream: "the sky is falling" as if you just figured it out. Again, that airplane ticket looks mighty fine for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search