Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With Rape - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With Rape
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:19 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old, Is Charged With Rape
Sept. 13, 2005 -- In May, Matthew Koso married his girlfriend, Crystal, who was pregnant with their child. But the new father and husband may soon be separated from his family and sent to prison. His crime? Koso is 22; Crystal is 14.

Related: Vote: Should Matthew Koso Be Charged?

Koso is charged with statutory rape in his home state of Nebraska and faces up to 50 years in prison if convicted. The couple married in Kansas with their parents' blessing, where the wedding was legal.

"I'm so scared that I am going to lose both of them, and I don't want to," Matthew Koso said through tears. "Right now there isn't anything that I love more than my wife and my daughter."

Matthew first met Crystal through her half-brother, and they began dating in the fall of 2003 when he was 20 and she was 12. She was 13 when she became pregnant and 14 when she married Matthew in Kansas, one of only a few states that allows children as young as 12 to marry with parental consent.

"At that time, our options were limited," said Matthew's mother, Peggy Koso. "It was either abortion, which was well past due; adoption, which was out of the question; and then it was to marry her, which we thought was the right thing to do."

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning learned about the relationship from residents of Falls City, Neb. — the couple's hometown — in July, and charged Matthew Koso with first-degree sexual assault.

"We cannot allow grown men to have sex with children even if the parents think it is right, because the grown man thinks it is right and the child thinks it is right," Bruning said. "Society doesn't think it is right."

Matthew Koso pleaded not guilty to the charge and his trial is set to begin Oct. 13. He was released on $5,000 bond in time for the birth of his daughter, Samara, on Aug. 24.

One in five teenagers has sex before turning 15, and about 150,000 babies are born each year to a minor parent. In Nebraska, there were 25 births to mothers under 15 in 2002, the latest year for which those statistics are available. In Kansas, five girls under 15 were married in 2003, three in 2002 and six in 2001.

In Nebraska, sex between an adult and a person younger than 16 is considered statutory rape, whether the couple is married or not.

Matthew Koso could face further charges for two to three additional relationships with girls between the ages of 12 and 14 when he was 20, according the Nebraska attorney general's office.

Matthew Koso's lawyer would not allow him to comment, but Peggy Koso has said her son has dated only one other girl under 16, and they did not have sex.

Residents of Falls City have sent hundreds of letters and gifts in support of Matthew and Crystal, and call Bruning a home wrecker.

"I am ready to raise this child and I know I can," Crystal said.

Falls City, Neb., is a town of 4,600 about 100 miles south of Omaha. Crystal described it as a place of few opportunities.

"Here in Falls City you have two choices: go get drunk or high and die in a car accident or of an overdose, or go get pregnant," she said. "So which is the wrong choice?"

Crystal's father left when she was a baby, and her mother is on disability. She said she had to fend for herself as a child. Currently she is living with Matthew and Samara in Matthew's parents' basement, and says she wants to focus on her new family finishing high school. She recently started her freshman year.

"The people judging, like the attorney general, don't know me," Crystal said. "I can make these decisions. I know what I want, and if I'm willing to take the consequences, then I should be able to decide what I want."

She added that if Samara starts dating a 20-year-old when she is 12, she will "send her to her room."

WTF is a 20 yr old doing trying to get laid by Tweenies instead of women his own age? And WTF are the parents thinking allowing this pedophile to marry their daughter just because he got her pregnant? This ain't the @!#$ 1800's. What are your thoughts and opinions on this and also feel free to vote in the poll(2nd link in story).
More News Links

Re: Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With Rape
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:22 AM on j-body.org
the son of a bitch needs his balls pounded flat by a wooden hammer. @!#$ pedofile.

Re: Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:28 AM on j-body.org
That's not a good situation at all.

He should have known better and kept it in his pants, and while the AG is doing his job, his choices are pretty limited.

This whole story has wrong written all over it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: Man Weds Pregnant 14-Year-Old,Is Charged With Rape
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
First off its in Nebraska; second how are you able to marry a 14 y/o legally?? i want to see a picture of this loser. they probably wouldnt have bothered him if he just got married to that goat

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:31 AM on j-body.org
They went to Kansas to get married. It's legal there IIRC, with the minor's parent(s) blessing.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:34 AM on j-body.org
He should be charged. Last thing you want is a precedent established that if the parents consent to the pedophilia, it's OK.

Even if their marriage worked out and they were married 20 years from now, it still would be a bad idea, even in futuristic hindsight. Think of all the other situations where it could be bad...real bad.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:44 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

i want to see a picture of this loser.

Click on the first link in the story.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:46 AM on j-body.org
futuristic hindsight?

Yeah.. I think the law was made to support the arranged marriage traditions of some faiths, but I don't believe it was made to allow this... 2 14 year olds.. I suppose okay, but, that's a little more askew. It's like Jerry Lee Lewis... Just creepy.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:55 AM on j-body.org
anyone else up for nuking kansas?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:00 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:futuristic hindsight?

Yeah, I just made that up. And somehow it makes sense.

I rock.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:05 AM on j-body.org
yeah y girlfriend showed me that in the People Magazine...@!#$ rediculous...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:25 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:futuristic hindsight?

Yeah, I just made that up. And somehow it makes sense.

I rock.

Wit gol' teef

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:36 AM on j-body.org
My suggestion....as this has obviously gotten alot of attention, and as he is in the spotlight, he and his *sigh* wife will end up raising the kid right...

Let him and only him slide, and then rewrite the laws..

I'd reccomend a low yield tactical nuke right after that law gets changed...12 is too young...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:40 AM on j-body.org
You like the ide of nuking indescriminately, don't ya ECB?

Have you ever seen Dr. Strangelove (Or, how I learned to quit worrying and love the Bomb)?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:21 AM on j-body.org
Thats horrible. But he may not have known. I'm in no way condoneing what this guy did but some girls do lie about there age you know. A friend of mine years ago was in ocean City and told me he met this knock out blonde. They hung out all day and when he went to go to his hotel room she asked if she could come with him. He never asked her age either. The next day when he went to take her back to her hotel and was met at the door by her dad. Turned out the family was there to celibrate her 13th birthday and guess what, he had just finished screwing the night away with her. The dad went after him and he took off got away too. And no it wasn't me this friend really does exist.

But just so were clear I'm not blaming the girl either.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:42 AM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:Thats horrible. But he may not have known.

How old is/was your buddy at the time?

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:50 AM on j-body.org
At the time I believe he was 19 or 20. And no I never claimed he was very bright either.
You can usually look at someone and tell if there only a child or not.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:53 AM on j-body.org
jackalope ( a.k.a. the prick ) wrote:At the time I believe he was 19 or 20. And no I never claimed he was very bright either.
You can usually look at someone and tell if there only a child or not.

It's not unbelievable it could happen. A lot of us had it happen to a smaller degree.

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:56 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ WHAT DID YOU DO AGuSTiN? Don't tell me your hanging out the the local middle schools are you.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:20 AM on j-body.org
Middle school?? Who wants those OLD HAGS!?!

---

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:34 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ LMFAO!!! Old hags!!!! Why are you kicking in the door of the local kindergartens
or something!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:43 AM on j-body.org
That's just wrong. I know alot of girls look older than they are but he had to of known. He met her through her half-brother so there's no way he didn't know. It seems like he cares about her though so there's something good but still, he could have waited.

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 12:18 PM on j-body.org
Well, Look at the picture in the story... You couldn't have not known she was jailbait.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:07 PM on j-body.org
Ok I done the stupid vote thing like a hundred times for YES and it never moes from
39% . I'm smelling a rat, An ultra liberal rat somwhere whos fixing the voting.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:11 PM on j-body.org
Hitting yes a million times won't increase the tally. The computer on the other end is blocking extra votes via either cookies, IP, IP + Brower ID, or both or all or some.

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search