DAMN RK SPORT! OR MAGNAFLOW!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DAMN RK SPORT! OR MAGNAFLOW!!!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:22 PM on j-body.org
Helped a friend put on his Magnaflow catback today on his 03 Ecotec cav....Got it out of the box, came with NO instructions, but i dont think they are supposed to..

Got the old exhuast out and went to bolt the first pipe on the cat and I assume they wanted us to use the same RUSTED bolts?

Well we got some new ones all ready to go and put the gasket in, ITS TOO SMALL!

So we used some kinda sealant..

Then we got to the muffler and there was a hanger welded onto a muffler clamp for god knows where because i dont think there was any way it was designed to fit in the stock one..

And then when we were done we ended up with an extra 1.5 ft. of pipe with a cat flange and a 2 bolt flange welded to it..Is this a test pipe or does it have to be used on other models?

If it is a test pipe then there is no 02 bung and i still dont believe anyone has made a working 02 simulator..

I could be completely wrong about everything....
Comments?

Re: DAMN RK SPORT! OR MAGNAFLOW!!!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:28 PM on j-body.org
damn the both of them

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:57 PM on j-body.org
My Magnaflow exhaust for my Durango came with brand new everything, and appeared to go on with no problems at all

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:43 PM on j-body.org
why is this in the war forum???

Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:16 AM on j-body.org
Its your fault for using magnaflow.... but it could be worse, it coulda been dynacraps.

Frank Serpico: The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:42 AM on j-body.org
nothing wrong with magnaflow....

the extra pipe is there to replace the stock resonator.... hence the after cat part... its mainly on the 99+ vehicles...

bolts missing, it sucks, but it happens...

if you dont half arse your exhaust then theres really no need for an o2 simulator, use a reg working o2. all after that should be fine...

the clamp band should be movable to allow you to hang it where the stock old muffler was...

Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:07 PM on j-body.org
Forum move??

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 5:29 AM on j-body.org
my magnaflow catback came with everything i needed all the clamps bolts and such..it fit like a glove too..

Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:10 AM on j-body.org
i had a magna flow setup on my sunfiregt when i had it, and it fit perfectly.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:35 PM on j-body.org
everything fit perfectly it was just missing alot of stuff

Sunday, September 25, 2005 3:22 AM on j-body.org
I believe he purchased the RK Sport cat-back which they advertise with Magnaflow's logo which is not the same full cat-back setup as the one Magnaflow sells...magnaflow's has resonators and a different muffler.

I believe your issue is with just RK Sport

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:51 PM on j-body.org
RKSPORT is JUNK! Way over priced and they act like they are the only one that have products for the j-body. If I where you I would return it and get it somewhere else.

down with Rksport..................................AHAHAHAHA

Warning: Your sig is in violation of rules 4, 5 and 6. Change it before you post again.
Monday, September 26, 2005 1:29 PM on j-body.org
rksport is junk,? ok.... but the exhaust is made by magnaflow....

alot of most of the stuff rksport sells is from other companies, so if rksport is junk, then so is magnaflow, eibach, h&r, prothane, addco, etc etc etc... you get the point.

besides the fact, rksport released some great products, such as bodykits that ACTUALLY fit and of decent quality.

some of the first fuel pressure mods in a kit for these cars

prices are high, but one or two issues doesnt make something junk....

Monday, September 26, 2005 2:48 PM on j-body.org
man first pacesetter is junk, now rksport, what's next if it's not made of adamantium and coated in kryptonite it's no good either?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:27 PM on j-body.org
RKsport is junk. Not the product they carry. Just the way they handle business. They act like they are the only providers for the J-bodies!

Warning: Your sig is in violation of rules 4, 5 and 6. Change it before you post again.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:43 PM on j-body.org
I dont mind RK sport, not everything they sell is rediculously overpriced

But they do run buisness like they have a monopoly on all aftermarket J body parts

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:21 PM on j-body.org
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:I dont mind RK sport, not everything they sell is rediculously overpriced

But they do run buisness like they have a monopoly on all aftermarket J body parts

True but you have to admit $1000 for a body kit is a bit much...that's not even including shipping. Hell their C/F hoods that they once were making were about $800 shipped.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:57 AM on j-body.org
The best was one somebody said they put candy on there backround cause it was like taking candy from a baby....people just go to RKsport and get ripped off.

Monday, October 03, 2005 1:56 AM on j-body.org
i got he magnaflow dual exhaust on mine the only thing i hate on it is the y pipe the whole thing is 2.25 while the y pipe is 2.5 the it gose bake to 2.25
Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:37 AM on j-body.org
The clamp with the hanger welded to it, clamps onto the bend over the axel and goes into the rubber hanger thing, that's what I did on mine anyway and it seemed to be correct.

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:05 PM on j-body.org
Lance Sharpe wrote:The clamp with the hanger welded to it, clamps onto the bend over the axel and goes into the rubber hanger thing, that's what I did on mine anyway and it seemed to be correct.

im just going to sayWOW

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:09 PM on j-body.org
...my bad....2005...i gotcha

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:56 PM on j-body.org
Lance Sharpe wrote:...my bad....2005...i gotcha

gonna go out on a limb here but i don't think he was just referring to the date of the post but also your description of how you hung your exhaust

got me for a second too though, reading through going wow haven't seen some of these names in a minute then bam, oh yeah this was 05

Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:58 PM on j-body.org
well u all might not like rksport and u might think of them as a rip-off, but w/ all jokes aside they do make/carry some of the best products out there for the j-body, especially the body kits, they are second-to-none. and no rksport is not a rip-off. good products just cost good money

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search