Deadly Force(Supreme Court) - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Deadly Force(Supreme Court)
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:42 PM on j-body.org
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18397193/

IM going to post the link because there is a video as well.

I feel the one judge that voted against the rest made some good points, however, it was better to take care of the problem where there not alot of people around then to wait untill he gets to a populated area and kills someone..

Re: Deadly Force(Supreme Court)
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:09 PM on j-body.org
While one part of me likes the fact that the public at large can be better protected from whacko's like the then 19 yr. old (and secretly thinks it's his come-uppance for doing something so irrevocably stupid), the other part wonders if this will become a new standard for looser interpretation of police powers in and out of the patrol cruiser.

I can't watch the video right now, but if it's going much beyond the PIT maneuver or something like Stop-Sticks, I wonder if happened was a result of low police coverage (I know that in rural areas some cops have a gigantic area to patrol) and unavailability of back-up, or if it was an officer getting over-zealous.

Either way, You have to hem these kinds of drivers in early BEFORE they go and do something stupid.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:20 PM on j-body.org
GAM from the vid he used the PIT maneuver but the car crashed into a ditch and the dude got f'ed up. I agree I also think this has been passed in other states too.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:51 PM on j-body.org
Once the PIT is done, it's hard to control precisely where the car will end up, but I think that in this case, the public trust was better served, and while it sucks large, the guy could have just slowed the hell down and would be just fine today.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search