Gonzalez knew about illegal snooping - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gonzalez knew about illegal snooping
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:00 PM on j-body.org

Re: Gonzalez knew about illegal snooping
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:37 PM on j-body.org

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:02 PM on j-body.org
I too am SHOCKED and DISMAYED. I expected much more out of a Bush Administration official... [/extreme sarcasm]

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:10 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:

Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:28 AM on j-body.org
I'm not surprised......should I be?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, July 13, 2007 1:36 PM on j-body.org
I am so outraged that someone that is supposed to be one of the best and the brigtest in the United States, the nation of the smartest, kindest, most compassionate and most humble people in the world would even consider something like this...

...it's a consipracy i tell you--one started no doubt by Al-Queda terrorists with links to Saddam Hussein...</sarc>

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:59 PM on j-body.org
To be perfectly honest, tapping someone's phone is so insanely easy nowadays that there's no such thing as an illegal wiretap. You just can't use the recordings in court. I don't see what the big deal is to be honest. Every cell phone and cordless phone can be tapped into using nothing more complicated than a scanner. The phone company can easily record your conversations as it goes through their digital switchboard (in fact, the switchboards are designed to do this). So the concept of privacy over the phone shouldn't even be an issue, there is none.

Let's not even mention the microphones that can pick up your heartbeat from a quarter mile away or the spy satellites that can count how many people are in your house using thermal scans, or the cameras that can "see" through your drapes/curtains. And that's certainly not counting all the security and speed cameras that are literally EVERYWHERE. In every store, bank, gas station, parking lot, bar, school, bus, subway, taxi cab, police cruiser, airport, boat dock, country club, hotel, restaurant, stadium, race track and day care.

Privacy doesn't exist. You are filmed 200 times EVERY day. As a person who works in high security, I think that number should be 1000 times a day, especially if it's a bad neighbourhood. Privacy is what you do and who you speak with inside the four walls of your house. Everything else should be public.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:36 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire: good luck... digital cell phones can't be scanned, and most phones within the last few years (about 1998) can show what kind of band you're on.

Tapping a phone conversation may be easier than it was 20 years ago, but using what you can get required court orders.

The other things you're talking about: great to talk about, but the reality is that it's a lot harder to spy on 300 million+ people than you think. Plus, retention is a lot harder than you'd expect.

Look at it like this: I've worked in a few secured areas, and beyond entry/exiting higher zones, I get filmed 4 times a day: going into and leaving the compound, and going into and leaving the building. Other than that, you're not supposed to see what's being worked on. You'd also be surprised at how easily you can defeat spy measures with average cloth blinds, and LCD monitors and simple Tempesting filters, and proper data security and strong encryption measures.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search