Genocide and Slavery: Two simple topics made complex by apologizers - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Genocide and Slavery: Two simple topics made complex by apologizers
Friday, October 19, 2007 7:00 AM on j-body.org
I'm sorry if this is a controversial post, but it's always pi**ed me off how no one can see how SIMPLE Genocide or Slavery is. Just look at how Pelosi is being told by her handlers that she made a mistake to try and pass a resolution labelling the killing of a million Armenians in Turkey a Genocide.

First, it's not a mistake because it WAS genocide. Secondly however, a resolution will do nothing. Turkey doesn't talk about the Armenians any more than Japan doesn't talk about Nanking any more than we talk about the Bufallo Hunts. We've all swept it under the carpet. It never happened. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

To me Genocide is simple. If a government or army decides to exterminate an entire group of people so that this group dissapears from the face of the planet. That's Genocide. Doesn't matter if it's a town or a race or a religious group. It's all the same.

It's like slavery. If someone owns someone else as property. That's slavery.

The Pimp/Ho thing? SLAVERY. Illegals/Sweathouses? SLAVERY. It's very simple.

It's very frustrating to see it made complex for political gain.

Re: Genocide and Slavery: Two simple topics made complex by apologizers
Friday, October 19, 2007 7:29 AM on j-body.org
I remember reading about the Armenian genocide. What I didn't understand was, why was Turkey so offended that we were labeling it a genocide? So upset to cut off all ties to us. Given the facts, I agree with you Knoxfire, it was a genocide. They claim that in the confusion of their empire collapsing at the end of WW1, that many people died due to them panicing, it just seems too fishy. Why did one group happen to lose many more casualties than another? It seems like they were trying to cover it up and then get all offended when someone breaks the silence.

As for slavery, I think it's wrong no matter what the circumstances. No one has the right to be the property of someone else. Unless of course you're a member of the Brady Bunch and you're trying to keep a secret, then by all means.......
Friday, October 19, 2007 8:14 AM on j-body.org
I agree.

But i wouldn't use the buffalo hunts so much as Manifest Destiny in and of itself--especially since We still think it was a good idea.

Anyhow, another touch subject you could use for us...Manzanar.

But i agree. @!#$ Turkey.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, October 26, 2007 9:47 PM on j-body.org
I will admit I don't know much about this topic but I will ask this question. Why is it that all of a sudden, they decide to take time out of their day and label something that happend maybe 2 or 3 generations ago into a genocide? Just like someone above me said. It has been swept under the carpet. Why look for trouble?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:09 AM on j-body.org
Bucause that is what the US government does best.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:00 AM on j-body.org
As an attempt to make it look like we're not denying what actually happened, and hopefully, saying that we're embarrassed for our actions.

Still, history is full of grimness, and the more we forget, the more we have chance to repeat it. After all, it wasn't just the Naziz that did genocide---or the Serbians.

I do think that we definitly take punishments out of context for those crimes, however. The ones that order the genocide ger a few years at club fed while the ones carrying out the order get hung. I think both deserve to be hung.

See, IMHO, the simplest solution to this is the best--admit that past generations were wrong and try not to ever do it again. After all, we can't hold Bush responsible for Clinton's mistakes--Bush will--and has created his own.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:15 AM on j-body.org
If we're all so upset then why don't we go to Darfur? We didn't we go to Rwanda?

We're all righteous as long as we have self-interest. Otherwise, we should condemn our damn selves.

---

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:45 PM on j-body.org
^^^exactly.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:32 PM on j-body.org
It's the same as slavery. We all whine and moan about how terrible it was in the 1800's when there's still slavery occuring today. Yet I ain't ever seen Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson or Oprah try to do a damn thing about it.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:58 AM on j-body.org
hey hey leave Oprah alone. She tries damn hard to do right when she doesn't have to do anything. It's not like it's her job to help like it is Sharpton's and Jackson's...

Wikipedia:
In 1998, Winfrey began Oprah's Angel Network, a charity aimed at encouraging people around the world to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged others. Accordingly, Oprah's Angel Network supports charitable projects and provides grants to nonprofit organizations around the world that share this vision. To date, Oprah's Angel Network has raised more than $51,000,000 ($1 million of which was donated by Jon Bon Jovi). Winfrey personally covers all administrative costs associated with the charity, so 100% of all funds raised go to charity programs.[84]

Although Winfrey's show is known for raising money through her public charity and the cars and gifts she gives away on TV are often donated by corporations in exchange for publicity, behind the scenes Winfrey personally donates more of her own money to charity than any other show-business celebrity in America. In 2005 she became the first black person listed by Business Week as one of America's top 50 most generous philanthropists, having given an estimated $303 million.[85] Winfrey was the 32nd most philanthropic.

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Oprah asked her viewers to open their hearts—and they did. As of September 2006, donations to the Oprah Angel Network Katrina registry total more than $11 million. Homes have been built in four states—Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama—before the one year anniversary of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.[86] Winfrey also matched her viewers' donations by personally giving $10 million to the cause.[87]

Winfrey has also put 250 African-American men through college[88]

Winfrey was the recipient of the first Bob Hope Humanitarian Award at the 2002 Emmy Awards for services to television and film.

To celebrate two decades on national TV, and to thank her employees for their hard work, Winfrey took her staff and their families (1065 people in total) on vacation to Hawaii in the summer of 2006.[89]

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search