What if Germany had won WW2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What if Germany had won WW2
Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:12 PM on j-body.org
First off, I don't want to know how and why they didn't win, all I really want to know
is what you believe the state of the world would be like today if ruled by Nazi Germany ,
would we see a thousand year rein of power ? mass genocide then prolonged peace ?
a perfect state ? see mass rallies at Rammstein concerts where everyone actually knew the lyrics ?

My mind goes all over the board on this fictional question, perhaps it's because Hitler
had very interesting visions or nightmares depending upon one's view.

hello, long time no see JBO .

Re: What if Germany had won WW2
Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:48 PM on j-body.org
There's been some pretty interesting fiction written about what would have happened if Hitler had won the war. Basically the consensus is that it would have been a lot like the Cold War except with the Germans instead of the Russians; and with Axis and Allied powers instead of the Western and Eastern Blocs. Germany would have annexed a few countries after the war, namely France, Austria and Poland. I'm thinking that Spain's Franco would have joined the Axis powers as well, but not as a full member. He didn't like Hitler very much. The British Commonwealth would have been devastated by the War and turned into a virtual clone of what East Germany was during the cold war. A deathly poor place that the two sides used to spy on each other. The USSR, China and the United Stated would probably formed an alliance similar to NATO against the Axis Powers.

However, I have my doubts that Germany could have won the war. They just didn't have the ressources and manpower and they were fighting on too many fronts at once with dwindling ressources. The whole reason they went to war in the first place was economical and 6 years of fighting had totally worn down the German army.

Most fiction about the subject usually have to give Germany incredible good fortune or make ludicrous claims about German might that just aren't supported by real history in order to make it semi-plausible that the Nazis won. A movie called "Fatherland" that deal with the "What if Germany won WW2" question said that Germany had conquered all of Western Russia. Something that just isn't possible. You'd have had to empty all of Italy and Germany of every single man aged 18 to 30 in order to capture that much territory. Also the Russians were tough as nails and well armed. They were a little behind the times, but even with a lot of WW1 gear they still had enough supplies to woop the Gerrys.
Friday, November 23, 2007 4:00 PM on j-body.org
theres plenty of alternative fiction about this. check out "The Man in the High Castle" by philip k dick.

personally, i dont think the third reich could have lasted very long at all. it would have imploded, much like soviet russia eventually did. it certainly is an interesting question though...

Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:02 AM on j-body.org
If Germany had won WW2, it would have taken Soviet Russia with it. Hitler would have had to defeat Russia in Operation Barbarossa in 1941 before he could have turned to Britain. Even if Germany had invaded Britain in 1940, Hitler would have definately invaded Russia no matter what. The two countries were mortal enemies and Stalin would have invaded Germnay if Germany didn't act first. Without Britain in the war, Germany could turn its entire Army and Air Force against Russia. Soviet Russia was poorly armed and trained in 1941-42 and the Germans could easily occupy all of Western Russia (they almost did in real history). Then they would force the Soviets to surreder by bombing or occupying the Ural region, which was the last industrial region in Russia.

The American situation is interesting since America and Germany would fight each other eventually. Japan may have started it like they did at Pearl Harbor and Germany would use any excuse to fight the Americans. With the Axis in control of all Europe and Asia, the U.S. would have a hard time winning the war. On the other hand, the Germans and Japanese would be very far from the U.S. and an invasion would have been almost impossible. It would most likely stalemate after a short naval and air war with a few failed invasion attempts. Once the U.S. and probably Germany develops the atomic bomb, the question is whether they use it on each other? Both sides would have jet aircraft by 1945 too.

After the 40's it's alot of speculation how the world would turn out with a Fascist Europe, the Japanese Empire in Asia, and the United States in the New World. I think that revolutions from within would erode the power of the Axis powers and they would eventually collapse like the Soviet Union.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:32 PM on j-body.org
i wouldn't be here because my family is Catholic. They would have killed us off.

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:50 AM on j-body.org
In all likleyhood, it would have wound up as a cold war. Although from rumbligs, it could have turned hot between the axis and the Japanese empire. The US/Canada would likley be here and extremely protectionistic, however.

It would be intresting to speculate how the energy situation would have turned out, though. It's very likely that Germany would have controled the middle east oil fields. Likely, the U.S. would control the oil fields in N. and S. America (and would have tapped Alaska without a question. I would think that Japan and Germany would have gone into open conflict over oil eventually. Us, on the other hand, would have likley done what Japan did and made all of our stuff more fuel efficient, or even gotten into biofuels sooner since we would be isolated on these continents.

Ahh well. Good food for thought.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:45 PM on j-body.org
I believe we would be fighting WW3 right now and not Provoking it.

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:26 PM on j-body.org
we r fighting ww3 except its the holy war this time the crsades all over again

HON + DA = HONDA AKA PIECE OF TRASH
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:36 AM on j-body.org
u luz al credibiltuy wen u kant spel tings rite.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:33 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

It would be intresting to speculate how the energy situation would have turned out, though. It's very likely that Germany would have controled the middle east oil fields. Likely, the U.S. would control the oil fields in N. and S. America (and would have tapped Alaska without a question.

Japan would have gotten control of the Dutch East Indies and the associated raw materials but I agree that the conflicting ideologies of Japan and Germany would break the Axis Powers.

It's unlikely that Germany would have held on to all that territory for long. Revolutions in Asia and the Mid East would have broken down the German Army's ability to defend the Empire (sort of like what happened to Rome). Same goes for Japan but islands are easier to control and have far less area. China would eat up most of Japan's Army.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:38 AM on j-body.org
It could've happened if it weren't for Japan bombing pearl harbor the US probably would've never gotten invovled with WW2. Germany probably wouldn't have gotten all of Russia though, a big chunk of it possibly but not all of it. America probably would have alot more people if the Axis powers won since alot of them would most likely have fled there homelands to live in a free country. Like stated above there would most likely be a cold war with the Axis powers instead of Russia but most likely it would probably have ended with a nuclear war. Eventually a WW3 would happen that would involve the USA, Middle East region,Russia, Australlia, Africa and possibly South American countries as well since we all know from history lessons the Axis powers would not have been happy with just conquering Europe and Asia.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:29 AM on j-body.org
There's actually a game coming out called "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty" that deals with this exact subject. Check it out here.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:13 PM on j-body.org
What I don't understand... I don't mean to be offensive to anyone because I'm Polish and Hitler would have killed me and my family cause he planned to have all of killed by 1975. Here is what I don't understand:

-If Hitler believed in the perfect race (blonde,blue eyes, white) why did he ally with the japanese? if he got to Asia would they just shoot everyone cause they are not the perfect race?

I believe Hitler would have strong chance in getting World dominance, in fact he did have secret weapons like an atomic bomb which was ready to strike NYC, but he didnt have a plane capable of travelling that far. Just to tell you guys it probably wouldn't have ended pretty. Alot of Jews,homos, disabled, etc would have all been killed.
Monday, December 10, 2007 4:29 AM on j-body.org
Khanduras wrote:There's actually a game coming out called "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty" that deals with this exact subject. Check it out here.

I saw that game and may try it out

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Monday, December 10, 2007 6:49 AM on j-body.org
Jacob B wrote:-If Hitler believed in the perfect race (blonde,blue eyes, white) why did he ally with the japanese? if he got to Asia would they just shoot everyone cause they are not the perfect race?

he was in the middle of a war and needed allies. the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" comes to mind. but just because hitler believed that the aryan race was superior doesnt mean that he wouldnt keep the others around. in fact, he would HAVE to if for no other reason than because it would be nearly impossible to kill them all. also, he needed labor, etc. the plan was more to be a ruling class of elites over everyone else, and not to kill everyone else. the jews, gypsies, slavs, and a few other type of people were deemed vermin and needing to be extinguished in his eyes. he was rather impartial to the majority of the other races and nationalities.

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:41 AM on j-body.org
...that, Tabs, and Japan frightened him. If I remember hearing about it correctly, I think Hitler felt that the only power at the time that possibly had the Thrid Reich's number was the burgeoning Japanese Empire.

The other thing to be considered is Sphere of Influence. Part of the problem of having long-spanning "Empires" is that when you have one, the "Emperor" or "Emperess" or whomever is running the bloody thing, is that usually there is a central "core" to the empire that absorbs all of the resources that the outlying areas produce, and in times of need in those outlying areas, the people there are considered second-class citizens within said empire, and as such, is utually where insurrection begins.

If we consider Hitler, Mussolini, et al as a "Crazy Mother-f***er" (about the same as any other leader--that seems to be a prerequistie), it's likley that yes, even taking a near global empire, I seriously doubt that it would last in perpetuity.The outlying areas would be harder to control and as such, genocide would be harder in those areas because of resources streched thin to maintain the sphere of influence. Really, for something like the Nazi ideals, the only way for it to have lasting global domination is for enough people to buy into it. I don't see *any* of the Asian cultures, or the North and South american cultures (granted, the United States has no culture, but that's a whole other topic) buying into it en masse. Hell, If the worst were to come to pass, It would likley be a Nazi state and a Imperialist Japanese state--and very likley a very isolated "New World" conglomerate to protect against those two. Seeing as how enough German scientists sought refuge in the states, I'm thinking that knowing what they knew, it would be highly likley that we could have developed effective countermeasures by the time Germany could have delivered an A-bom to the North American continent.

P.S. I leave the Italians out because, knowing my bloodline, our military presence is only there so the French can have someone to laugh at.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, December 10, 2007 9:13 AM on j-body.org
As blunt and radical as it may sound, nothing would change, well maybe not exactly nothing--- we would not have a free market in Europe to continue to do buisness with. But there is still hatred, dominance, supiority complex, fasicism happening today... well after 50+ years, difference now is it is now the victor of WW2 doing the such.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:45 PM on j-body.org
(Off Topic)
I had a dream last night that I was in China and China started a war with the United States and China was winning and then China started a Civil war on top of it and I did not have a Guns to fight back and defend myself.
Too late to Join the Army, I said
Then I woke up and I was happy, AHHHHH!! only a dream

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:27 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote: Also the Russians were tough as nails and well armed. They were a little behind the times, but even with a lot of WW1 gear they still had enough supplies to woop the Gerrys.

whoooooa...

the russians werent really armed at all...they only had enough guns for less than half of the people...
to be honest, the winter beat german in russia..

and im a serbo-russian so im not just saying that out of bs...its known that the cold beat the germans in russia..
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:28 AM on j-body.org
^^^Hitler didn't learn from Napoleon.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search