Think your vote doesn't ever count? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Think your vote doesn't ever count?
Friday, November 14, 2008 12:10 PM on j-body.org
It might not directly count so much for a presidential race, but Alaska's senate race is still up for grabs - as the counting is continuing, incumbent Republican Senator Ted Stevens is 3 VOTES behind Democratic challenger Mark Begich. Considering how close the Senate is to being filibuster proof for the Democrats, those are some highly influential votes.

Of course the count is ongoing, this will be interesting to watch how it plays out.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country. - Hermann Goring

Re: Think your vote doesn't ever count?
Friday, November 14, 2008 12:20 PM on j-body.org
I find it funny that people voted for a convicted fellon.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, November 14, 2008 1:37 PM on j-body.org
theyve still got 45k+ to count though. although it will be interesting to see who wins

Friday, November 14, 2008 2:50 PM on j-body.org
I know my vote didn't in 2000 presidential election.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, November 14, 2008 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:I find it funny that people voted for a convicted fellon.

Seriously, you would think this would have been a decisive overturn.

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:10 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
Harrington (Fiber Faber) wrote:I find it funny that people voted for a convicted fellon.

Anyone else find it funny that the some of the same Alaskans who love Palin for turning against a corrupt Senator, also vote for that same Senator?

Most likely though - those 50% of voters probably just think he has been falsely accused by the so called "Liberal Media" as to steal the election away from him. Its sad how many people automatically think that way. NOTHING will ever change their mind on that subject.

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in
America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along,
whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the

Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:51 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

Anyone else find it funny that the some of the same Alaskans who love Palin for turning against a corrupt Senator, also vote for that same Senator?

Most likely though - those 50% of voters probably just think he has been falsely accused by the so called "Liberal Media" as to steal the election away from him. Its sad how many people automatically think that way. NOTHING will ever change their mind on that subject.

you guys just wait until kwame is back in the political arena, unless he is tied into the tamara green case and convicted he will be back and will probably succeed.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:37 PM on j-body.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:16 PM on j-body.org
zero wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry
I knew there was a good reason that DC residents don't get to vote in the Presidential...

Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:43 PM on j-body.org
I live in Illinois not Alaska, so if I voted I wasted my vote unless I voted for Obama? Not. Vote for anyone you want that is your right. It doesn't matter if who you voted for was elected, the vote was not wasted. In my opinion voting for someone just because you think the person you really want can't win is a wasted vote.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:31 AM on j-body.org
Anyways Stevens lost - although that is old news at this point. But there is still another Senate race going... yeah I know...

Anyways Al Franken is currently leading Norm Coleman by 4 votes with one precinct not finished recounting. There is also one precinct that is apparently missing 133 ballots.

What is with the close races this year? This is another lesson on why to vote - at least once - in every election.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 7:59 AM on j-body.org
I just don't understand why anyone would vote for Stevens either.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:50 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:I just don't understand why anyone would vote for Stevens either.
Its because they like the intertubes. You wouldn't rather vote for a inter-dump truck would you?

Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:31 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:I just don't understand why anyone would vote for Stevens either.
Its because they like the intertubes. You wouldn't rather vote for a inter-dump truck would you?

You lost me on that one.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, December 06, 2008 3:06 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
Bastardking3000 wrote:

You lost me on that one.

I'm surprised you haven't heard Stevens mocked over his now semi-famous quote -
Ted Stevens wrote:[...] They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

He was actually arguing against net-neutrality. Enough said...

Saturday, January 03, 2009 2:24 PM on j-body.org
Its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started voting, not knowing what is was, some people stared recounting forever just because... its the election that never ends,

Seriously, the Coleman vs Franken election is like a bad SNL skit that doesn't know when to die!! I suggest a coin toss to decide things. There will of course be court proceedings to determine which candidate gets heads and who is stuck with tails.

Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:59 PM on j-body.org
Give them both Un-loaded 1911's, with one round, and see who comes out of it..

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Give them both Un-loaded 1911's, with one round, and see who comes out of it..

Chris
I'm fairly comfortable with this idea...

Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:52 PM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Give them both Un-loaded 1911's, with one round, and see who comes out of it..

Chris
I'm fairly comfortable with this idea...
On second thought, I'm more comfortable with them playing "hot potato" with a live grenade to decide this... live on youtube.

Saturday, January 03, 2009 11:29 PM on j-body.org
LOL

with a Kill Radius of 7 Meters..

Me too!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search